LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Are Your Pet Peeves?

So many interesting topics started lately so I thought I'd start this one hoping it doesn't start any big controversy!

What are some of your biggest pet peeves? Things that really get to you as being stupid that other people do?

Some of mine are:

1. People behind me speeding around me on the highway when I'm in the far right lane and going the speed limit, only to exit the highway in 1/4 mile! I could understand it if they were in the middle or left lane and needed to get over, but in the right lane behind me when I'm going the speed limit, only to exit the moment they go around me?

2. People, especially educated people who say things like, "Me and her went to the store." It's "She and I went to the store". Proper grammar states that you put the other person first in the sentence. Then if you don't know if you should say "me" or "I", remove the other person completely! It wouldn't be "Me went to the store", it would be "I went to the store".

3. People who don't know the answer but try to fudge their way around it! I went to the pet store to get a large bag of dog food the other day and it wasn't on the shelf. I ask the 19 year old girl if they had any in back and she said, "We don't carry that brand". WTF? I told her I had been buying it there for the past 3 years. Then she told me they don't carry the large bag, only the small bags! I told her it was the large bags I buy every time, then she changed her story again, saying they carry it but were just out! Never once offered to go look in back, and I was the only customer! I was also at Lowes the other day looking for an item. The first person told me they don't carry it! The second person told me they were out of stock. The third person said, yes, it's right here on aisle 14! It was! If you don't know the friggin answer, say so and either find me the answer or direct me to someone who might know!

4. People who talk down to me about anything. Stuck up clerks in the store who think just because I am dressed in a t-shirt and jeans that I'm dumb, poor and a high school drop out! I've had them tell me I should get a much cheaper DVD player, stereo, etc., when they even attempt to help me. I stop their attitude by stating I was traveling on a business trip for a manager's conference (then name a state far away) and saw (whatever item I'm interested in) but thought I'd buy it locally on my day off so as to help support the community. Once they think I'm somebody, they start to fall all over me hoping to get a good commission!

5. People who ignore me when I walk in the store and stand at the counter, weather that be in a fast food place, store or service department. I especially hate it when they look at me and then go back to talking to their friends or puttering around! They should at least acknowledge me and state they will be right with me if they are looking something up or in the middle of something. I walked out of a small hot dog restaurant when the owner looked at me and then went back to his casual phone conversation with his friend! It wasn't until I was walking out the door after standing for 3 minutes that the owner started calling, "Sir! Sir!". Too late! His only concern with me was when he found out he was losing by business!

6. People who learn something new and think I don't know it or have never heard of it! I have an engineer friend who calls me now and then to try and "teach me" about something he just read about. Usually I've read that same thing or saw the documentary years ago! Instead of asking me if I ever heard about it, he assumes because he has more college degrees than I do that I'm a dummy and have never heard of it before! I usually shut him up by asking him questions about it that he doesn't know himself, proving that not only do I know all about it, but much more that he does!

7. Along those same lines, when I take my car or boat in for repair and the mechanic assumes I'm a 70 year little old lady who doesn't know a spark plug from a battery! I had one mechanic (at a dealership no less) tell me I had a broken piston rod in the engine of my 2 year old car that I drove into the shop! DUH! I never went back there! Likewise, the same car, different dealership. I'd had the car 1-1/2 months and the A/C stopped cooling. Took it in, they recharged it and then in a month it was October and I didn't use the A/C anymore that year. The next spring the A/C didn't work again so I took it back. They recharged the system again and I said there must be a leak in the system (I figured in the compressor). They, of course told me that wasn't possible! I ask them if the records showed where they had charged the system last September and they said yes. Then I asked if there was any freon in the system. They said no! I said, "Well then, what happened to it?" But there wasn't a leak in the system! They recharged it again and I took it back 2 more times because after 30 days it started blowing hot air again!, The last time they told me the warrantee had run out and I had to pay $20 now in order to have them test the system for freon! Messing me around all year until my 12 month warrantee ran out so they could charge me and make some money! I asked them to test the compressor for leaks, not just recharge the system! They told me (this is a dealership's service department) that they didn't have a leak detector! Well, I called the state agency who protects consumers when they are having problems with a car dealership. They took my information and 5 minutes later I got a call from the service department manager who said they just got in a brand new leak detector and if I brought my car in they would check the compressor! Rigghhhtttt!! Sure enough, they found a leak in the compressor (which I had been telling them was the cause all along)! They wanted to charge me for a new compressor because the car was no longer under warrantee! I explained I had all my paperwork from the day I bought the car showing how many times I had brought it in with that same problem! Another call to the state agency solved that problem! I got a call saying the dealership was ordering me a new compressor and it would be installed free of charge! Then I wanted my $20 back that they charged me for testing the A/C. They told me if they gave me that back, they would have to charge me for the new compressor! Another call to the state agency and the dealership owner called me 5 minutes later telling me he was sending me a check for my $20! Don't try and do me like that! People have no idea who they are dealing with when they try and pull that crap on me!

I have other pet peeves, but I've rambled on long enough! What are some of everyone else's pet peeves and experiences?

I'll do mine soon but first I just have to do this:

2. People, especially educated people who say things like, "Me and her went to the store." It's "She and I went to the store". Proper grammer states that you put the other person first in the sentance. Then if you don't know if you should say "me" or "I", remove the other person compleatly! It wouldn't be "Me went to the store", it would be "I went to the store".

Muphry's Law in full effect! :P

My biggest one has to be obnoxious people. You know those folks who talk loudly, barge in on conversations, and generally think that they are more important than everyone else.

I also really dislike when parents cannot control their children and let them run around and scream and yell in public places such as malls, restaurants, and theaters. I don't mind children in general but that kind of behaviour really sends me over the edge sometimes.

• Like 1

Mine is a long list but in the interest of time I will metion just one ...

I hate it (especially if I'm buying DIAPERS) when I try to use the 15 items or less EXPRESS LANE and there is usually one person in that lane buying a months worth of groceries.

A cashier @ Wally World told me they are not allowed to say anything either.

Because to Managment, That person is creating them more revenue than the three person and myself that has just a few item.

So much for getting in and out quick...

I've only said something once in a gracious and tactful way and the JERK told me to mind my own business.

I responded, SURE THING PAL... as soon as you let me go ahead of you. Then it's no longer is my business, is it?

He gave in reluctantly only because he knew I was in the right. I decided not to try it again since it got rather confrontational.

As I have been told by store employees and Management, the store itself cannot confront initially those that infringe on the quick checkout isles. BUT! if another customer does out them then the store is obligated (management) to enforce said rule. So keep calling out the numb nutts!

• Like 1

My biggest one has to be obnoxious people. You know those folks who talk loudly, barge in on conversations, and generally think that they are more important than everyone else.

I also really dislike when parents cannot control their children and let them run around and scream and yell in public places such as malls, restaurants, and theaters. I don't mind children in general but that kind of behaviour really sends me over the edge sometimes.

Well stated, my thoughts exactly.

Oh, here's number 8. Stupid idiots who text message and drive! Yes, IDIOTS!! You think you are so much more important than anyone else that you can do as you please even if it means you may kill someone by either crashing into their car or mowing them down in the crosswalk! Even if you don't gravely injure someone if you just graze their car with yours, you have caused them major inconvenience by holding them up from what they were doing, then having to get their car fixed, renting a replacement, etc etc. In many states texting while driving is against the law! You want to text and drive? Why don't you save a life and just drive your car into a tree instead! This is probably my biggest pet peeve and no one will change my mind on how irresponsible and stupid it is!!

Mine is local drivers, I'm not sure if this only happens here but I can't stand it.

You are driving down a side street that is kind of semi- heavily used, the car on the side street sees you coming then pulls right out in front of you.

Ever since I moved to this part of the county this has happened over and over, sometimes 3 or 4 times in my 4 mile morning ride,( any time not only morning.)

One idiot pulled out when I was under 20 feet from him, driving a pickup(owned by the town I was in) pulling a trailer, it was a warm moring his window was down, all he said after I nearly launched myself thru the windshied was, Sorry and just kept going.

The rest I have encountered treat you like you don't exist, or go to the next street and turn.

Here on Daily Diapers, where no member admits to being under 18, I could care less about typos, misspelling, misuse of words, unusual grammar, punctuation and capitalization. I have always fully recognized often the best, most innovative ideas and concepts are provided by folks who are less than precise when writing and talking.

Of course when reading a story with careless mistakes, the plot and characters need to be extra compelling for me to waste my time trying to figure what the author has in mind.

When I was still in grade school I knew how to type, spell and take shorthand. I sold articles to local newspapers. I edited my school newspapers in middle and high school. In those years I worked after school as a clerk typist for a law firm. We prepared legal documents strictly following the style book of the American Bar Association, in conjunction with the USA Federal Courts style book and that of the California Bar Association. For ordinary correspondence and memos, we followed the New York Times style book. My final year of law school I edited Law Review which followed the ABA style book. As a partner of my law firm in addition to my ordinary work I write for and edit several legal journal publications. Since I was promoted to a partner in my firm I have been in charge of testing those who apply for jobs with us ranging from high school intern to licensed attorneys.

Within our firm any diviation from the style books in use is not acceptable. Under my direction spelling tests are administered and writing samples are graded. There are far more qualified candidates than available jobs, so it makes no sense to hire anyone needing remedial training in written legal communication.

Therefore it totally twists my diaper when certain people in AB/DL on-line groups get all hot and bothered about the way anyone else communicates. Rusty has been my friend far longer than either of us cares to admit. Since I am not being paid to grade his posts, I find the content so fascinating that if he does sometimes use non-conventional spelling and so on, I do not notice.

So I got really annoyed when certain people, claiming to be university graduates, not only make mistakes a normal child in grade school would not make, for me it is very hard to believe such an author is telling the truth about being educated. Worse are those who have only read one style book in their entire lives and then do not quote it correctly. Often they are misquoting "Elements of Style" without understand there are hundreds of other style books.

My research indicates that Elements of Style (EoS) did not become popular with teachers until famous author of children's books E.B. White edited a revision circa 1940. At that time the publisher of EoS gave hundreds of thousands of copies to public and school libraries, which before then apparently did not own any of the accepted professional style books.

What pedantics lacking a background of writing and editing do not consider is that language is not static. It changes and evolves, so it is hardly the mark of a well-edcated person to only accept the suggestions of a book published over 70 years ago.

It is foolish to consider all variation from a particular style book to be mistakes. Certainly on-line here in DD we do not only use "Standard English" whatever that might be. I say this because most would consider the suggestions by EoS as to Stardard to be either "quaint" or "out of touch" If your business is entertainment you might enjoy the Variety Style Book fun, but who else would use "Hicks Nix Sticks Pixs"? Add in the differences between ordinary spellings used in the USA and England to the can of worms. Is one form of English more correct than another?

Companies that keep spanning my inbox after I mark them as spam. The Villians here are ADT, Norton antivirus, ChristianMingle, AARP, and Match. I keep having to repeated mark them as spam after a couple of weeks

That sucks on another level. In 1983,

I was to attend a function at 8 PM, since I cannot drive, I was to ride in with someone who had been there several times. This function included a lecture and we were to arrive at about 7:45. He picked me up at about 6.45 . On the way down 195W. towards Providence, RI, I had my doubts, not being that familiar with the person I was going in with. So I asked him the route. He was very clear about the first part and the last part but his grasp of the crucial interchage as communicated by his words and tone of voice demonstrated his knwledge to be less then stellar. The first tip-off was that he had a beard and was driving a VW Bug all of which reek of "intellectual" and he was some kind of writer. As we approached the crucial exchange, called West Exchange. I said "You better stop at the next gas station and ask directions" with the predictable results. As sure as tiaras we spent a good half hour going around in a wide circle so now it's about 7:45 and finally he stopped at a gas station that we had passed by three times and get directions. So we end up bopping in the place at 8:45 in time for the last 8 or so minutes of the lecture. Now I had met 10 years earlier and had done some correspondence with the speaker. Otherwise most of the persons were new to me. When we walked in, I was embarrassed to pieces.

As it turned out, while the speaker was topnotch the group was a bunch of so called "individualists" who had no ability to socialize and hold a grouip or club together, since they did not have much in common, or were unable to generated anything in common so there was no comraderie.

So if you think being the host when someone comes in late sucks, you should try being the person who rode in with the culprit in good faith and tell me that does not suck big fat rotten eggs

9. When you have plans with someone or a group of people to go somewhere, weather that be to a specific restaraunt for dinner or a planned trip to a museum or amusement park, and when you meet the day of the plans, one person suggests doing something different! Going to a different place to eat or maybe doing something totally different and not even related to your original plans. They call it "being flexible" and I call it "being stupid" when you've had set plans for a couple weeks or more!

That sucks on another level. In 1983,

I was to attend a function at 8 PM, since I cannot drive, I was to ride in with someone who had been there several times. This function included a lecture and we were to arrive at about 7:45. He picked me up at about 6.45 . On the way down 195W. towards Providence, RI, I had my doubts, not being that familiar with the person I was going in with. So I asked him the route. He was very clear about the first part and the last part but his grasp of the crucial interchage as communicated by his words and tone of voice demonstrated his knwledge to be less then stellar. The first tip-off was that he had a beard and was driving a VW Bug all of which reek of "intellectual" and he was some kind of writer. As we approached the crucial exchange, called West Exchange. I said "You better stop at the next gas station and ask directions" with the predictable results. As sure as tiaras we spent a good half hour going around in a wide circle so now it's about 7:45 and finally he stopped at a gas station that we had passed by three times and get directions. So we end up bopping in the place at 8:45 in time for the last 8 or so minutes of the lecture. Now I had met 10 years earlier and had done some correspondence with the speaker. Otherwise most of the persons were new to me. When we walked in, I was embarrassed to pieces.

As it turned out, while the speaker was topnotch the group was a bunch of so called "individualists" who had no ability to socialize and hold a grouip or club together, since they did not have much in common, or were unable to generated anything in common so there was no comraderie.

So if you think being the host when someone comes in late sucks, you should try being the person who rode in with the culprit in good faith and tell me that does not suck big fat rotten eggs

Agreed, especially since it was not your fault.

May as well add one more to my list.......my dumbass family members who think every time thier cell phone buzzes they have to run to it and check out the latest facebook posts. I'm ready to take their phones and stick them up their asses. And these are family members in the 40's & 50's age group, not teenagers. Absolutley friggin ridiculous. I rarely even vist with them anymore because they have shown...their phone is more important to them than I am.

People who pander and/or solicit while you are trying to walk somewhere. Seriously, people who do this, go fuck yourselves.

People who come to your front door at home to solicit even though you posted a no solicitor sign. Yeah, that includes you Mormons. You are trying to sell your religion are you not?

Subway being skimpy with their vegatables. Can you believe this shit? For a rule at this one Subway I was at last, they had a 6 olive limit per footlong sandwhich. Rather than just throw a handful of olives on the sandwhich, the guy would grab a few with his fingers and count 1, 2, 3...

4. People who talk down to me about anything. Stuck up clerks in the store who think just because I am dressed in a t-shirt and jeans that I'm dumb, poor and a high school drop out! I've had them tell me I should get a much cheaper DVD player, stereo, etc., when they even attempt to help me. I stop their attitude by stating I was traveling on a business trip for a manager's conference (then name a state far away) and saw (whatever item I'm interested in) but thought I'd buy it locally on my day off so as to help support the community. Once they think I'm somebody, they start to fall all over me hoping to get a good commission!

In a related issue, sales floor people who do not even have a basic understanding of how whatever they are selling works as well as having no idea on the quality of the product. That is pretty much everyone at a major department store and a major hardware store, like Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, etc. If you are buying an appliance at these stores, do your own research, because they can't tell you shit. If you have a specific project in mind and need help and/or suggestions, stay away from Home Depot and Lowes, because they can't tell you shit. In fact, they do not even know their own store. Every Home Depot and Lowes supposedly has an expert on staff, but I have never seen one. You are better off going to a local hardware store. Besides, those major hardware stores sell mostly junk anyways.

That's all I got for now.

......Subway being skimpy with their vegatables. Can you believe this shit? For a rule at this one Subway I was at last, they had a 6 olive limit per footlong sandwhich. Rather than just throw a handful of olives on the sandwhich, the guy would grab a few with his fingers and count 1, 2, 3... .....

Unbelievable! Must be a franchisee trying to make their own 'rules.' I believe most, if not all, fast food joints have manuals on how to make each item. (Note to self, check next time. lol) All Subways I've been to in the Detroit area put on plenty of any topping requested. If it happens again, I would suggest writing Subway's HQ, not to complain, but to let them know the store is bending policy. I have had one incident where the girl lined up all the meats on an Italian BMT neatly next to each other instead of overlapping them by about 1/3, shorting me by 2-3 slices of each. It was at my 'regular' store and never happened again.

Funny side note, one can tell the difference between Big Boy Company stores and franchisees by the amount of fries w/your meal. Company stores serve about half of what the f's do. It has happened regularily as to not be a coincidence.

Dang it! Now you've made me hungry for a Subway but since it's 3:50 a.m. here, I have to wait. lol

On topic, I have a few pet peeves and will post later.

Mine is people who start topics that have already been started! :P

http://www.dailydiap...34;

Just curious, can mods and admins merge threads? Some forums allow it, does this one?

And who the hell fills a car with refrigerate that doesn't vacuum down the system first to assure there are no leaks???

But just teasing... have fun gang! ;) Vent Away!

Agreed, one cannot keep adding refrgerant without vacuuming down what appeared to be an empty system, the gauges should have given the techs a clue. Maybe the OP left that step out of their rant?

People who pander and/or solicit while you are trying to walk somewhere. Seriously, people who do this, go fuck yourselves.

People who come to your front door at home to solicit even though you posted a no solicitor sign. Yeah, that includes you Mormons. You are trying to sell your religion are you not?

Good ones! Yeah, when I go to Vegas they always try and get you off the street to sell their time shares. I was walking along one day when one of them says to me, "Excuse me..." I quickly replied, "You're excused" and kept walking. The look on his face was priceless!

Same thing at home. I have a "NO SOLICITORS" sign right at my front porch, but still get a few soliciters! The ones I really hate are the ones hanging political information on my door! The other week I just happened to open the door as I was going out to my car and here is a guy in his 20's getting ready to hang something on my door! I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "Just giving you a reminder to vote tomorrow." I looked at what he had and it was a political handout touting a candidate I am strongly against with his name in large bold type that could be seen from the street as people drive by! I told him he better have that crap off my property in 10 second and also pointed out my "NO SOLICITORS" sign. As I drove down the street, I watched him pass up any house with an open garage or that looked like someone was home and hang the "garbage" on every door where it looked like no one was at home. To me that is wrong and dirty polotics! I should have called the police to see if he had a permit to distribute campaign literature! That would have made a nice headline! "U.S. CONGRESMAN XXXX XXXXXX's CAMPAIGN FINED FOR DISTRIBUTING CAMPAIGN LITERATURE WITHOUT A PERMIT"!

Unbelievable! Must be a franchisee trying to make their own 'rules.' I believe most, if not all, fast food joints have manuals on how to make each item. (Note to self, check next time. lol) All Subways I've been to in the Detroit area put on plenty of any topping requested. If it happens again, I would suggest writing Subway's HQ, not to complain, but to let them know the store is bending policy. I have had one incident where the girl lined up all the meats on an Italian BMT neatly next to each other instead of overlapping them by about 1/3, shorting me by 2-3 slices of each. It was at my 'regular' store and never happened again.

Funny side note, one can tell the difference between Big Boy Company stores and franchisees by the amount of fries w/your meal. Company stores serve about half of what the f's do. It has happened regularily as to not be a coincidence.

Dang it! Now you've made me hungry for a Subway but since it's 3:50 a.m. here, I have to wait. lol

On topic, I have a few pet peeves and will post later.

Likewise! I like the seafood sandwiches and one day I ordered a footlong one. The guy would scoop up the seafood in the little scoop but half of it would fall back out into the tray! I measured it when I got home and there was no seafood 2-1/2 inches from one end and 1-1/2 inches from the other end, and very light seafood everywhere else! I was charged $6.89 for that sandwich! I went on line and registered my complaint with Subway (I had my recipt with the time, date, store number and name of the sandwich maker) and got a call from the local district manager the next day apologizing! She told me she was sending me 3 coupons for 3 sandwiches of my choice to be used anywhere in my county! FIne! Thank You! It gets better! First time I went to use one of the coupons, they asked me in a very unfriendly tone what the heck it was! This was at a different Subway, by the way. I tried to tell them it was a coupon for a free sandwich of my choice (which it said right on the coupon which was signed on the back by that district manager), but still I got an argument, even from one of the managers! I finally said in a loud voice (in a restaraunt full of people), "This coupon was sent to me by the district manager who signed it on the back because of very bad service I had at one of the Subways here in this county!" At that point, another manager who knew what they were came and gave me my free sandwich! Guess what! The exact same thing happened to me when I went to another Subway in the area and tried to use the second coupon! I never did use the last coupon. Is this the epitomy of customer service, having a program where you send coupons for free sandwiches to disgruntaled customers as a way of making things up to them, but none of the empoyees in any of the stores know what the hell the coupons are for or how to use them? Plus the attitude and dirty looks they give you when asking about those coupons! Man, if they ever hired me I'd fire half the people working for them!

Just curious, can mods and admins merge threads? Some forums allow it, does this one?

Agreed, one cannot keep adding refrgerant without vacuuming down what appeared to be an empty system, the gauges should have given the techs a clue. Maybe the OP left that step out of their rant?

To clarify things, I was never the one to add any refridgerant to my car! It was a brand new expensive sports car and under warrentee! When it was blowing hot air, I took it back to the dealership every time for repair. If they didn't know to vaccume down the empty system before charging it, what the hell are they doing working in the service department of a major car dealership trying to repair brand new expensive sports cars? And bottom line, it WAS a bad compressor all along and it had to be replaced as I thought from the start.