LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Or Cloth

That is a tuffy for me because I am appreciative for both. On one hand plastic backed diapers sound oh so wonderfully crinkly, and they feel nice. On the other hand, I have recently started to wear cloth diapers and have found out that when you wet them, they give a little due to weight and sag! :P so I really appreciate what both offer, but if I had to choose one... I would say plastic mainly because i miss the crinkles! D: although, the tap on cloth stick way better... crinkles though ie more important! :P

Plastic!!!

Disposable diapers were plastic backed when I was a baby. I'm guessing if I had worn cloth backed diapers I'd like those. And don't you just love the way they crinkle?

I have gotten some really bad friction rashes from the fake cloth-like diapers. I have had the cloth-like covers come loose at night and leak really bad. I have had very little problem with most plastic backed diapers.

I love the feel of plastic diapers, but don't know of any I'd buy over my favorite diaper, which has a "cloth" cover. So I guess my answer is that the cover isn't the most important thing about a diaper.

But I will say that putting on a really good plastic-covered diaper and just rubbing your hands all over it--there's no better feeling. It's been a long time since I've felt this, but as I recall, the Tranquility ATN and Attends 10 diapers felt great.

-RMS

My preference is plastic of course. However with the wife always around I need to be considerate of her acceptance and crinkling around the house on a the weekend does not make her happy so I go with cloth covered to keep the peace.

So, since the majority seems to be for plastic, who is going to send the results of this poll to all the adult diaper manufacturers who have switched from plastic backed diapers over the years to making cloth backed ones?

So, since the majority seems to be for plastic, who is going to send the results of this poll to all the adult diaper manufacturers who have switched from plastic backed diapers over the years to making cloth backed ones?

Adult Diaper companies market to the people who need diapers, not the people who want diapers. And usually the people who need diapers want diapers which are discreet, which is an area where cloth has the advantage over plastic.

But leaking all over the place is not discrete. I'll take plastic, every "cloth backed" I have ever tried, leaked. Of course the manufacturers don't mind a bit if you keep changing barely wet diapers to keep from leaking...

While I prefer plastic backing, though I never fail to wear two pairs of plastic pants for leakproofing, cloth backing doesn't seem to do too badly, and the "hook & loop" tapes can work a little better at times than the sticky tapes on some brands. While I prefer cloth diapers, they aren't always practical due to bulk, so since I'm a DL and wear by choice, I just want a "package" that works so I don't have to figure out how to get a diaper change except when I want to get one and not leak.