LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

At What Point In A Relationship Would You Tell Your Partner You Liked Diapers?

NikABDL

At what point in a relationship would you tell your partner you liked diapers?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. At what point in a relationship would you tell your partner you liked diapers?

• It's the second thing i tell them after my name.
    • Within the first week.
    • After a few weeks but within a month.
    • In under 6 months.
    • After our 1 year anniversary.
    • Just before we got married.
    • After marriage.
    • Once we were both retired.
    • Never.

I have been chatting about relationships with a few people now and just wondered at what point in a relationship would you tell your partner you liked diapers?

Look forward to see what people think.

by the way i realize this question may depend on how the relationship starts and how its going in general, but the question is based on when you would ideally tell your partner.

It depends on the individual.

Like, I've told some within a week or two, others it's taken a month or more to work it into a conversation. And with one it took about 6 months.

It's all about the individual, and how they're going to receive it. I've never had a girl freak out.

I would agree with a lot of what has been said so far--it depends on the person. But, for me, it's something I want to "get out of the way" early. While on the one hand, if you're in a good relationship, and committed to one another, and so on, then your partner might be more willing to accept it because of the feelings they have for you, I'm not a fan of that method. It still might not work out, and if it ends the relationship...well, that's quite a loss.

I've had two relationships where I've told the person, within the first week, and they were both rather open to it. While those relationships did not last in the end, it wasn't about the diapers.

since its sexual for me it would be about the time we started "exploring" more than just vanilla sex .... ehenever that phase was reached each relationship is different ... course i met my boyfriend on diapermates so i never had to have that conversation

• 1 month later...

I told my wife 4 months after we started dating. I thought it was a good idea to see if the relationship was going anywhere without waiting a really long time. She doesn't participate in my ab/dl activities but accepts me for who I am.

Time after time we hear how people have dropped the AB/DL "revelation" after a relationship, even a marriage, has been established. As far as I'm concerned, that starts a relationship on a lie, and when the truth comes out, it's no wonder that truth, no matter what it is, is arbitrarily rejected.

The time to reveal is before a lot of time and emotion have been invested. That allows those uncomfortable to disengage or back away gracefully, without anger or resentment. Sure, there may be disappointment and sadness, but it's better than leaving someone feeling used or taken advantage of.

It's odd. It's different. Reveal BEFORE time and emotion is invested. Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. That, and for every door that closes, another one is opened. This hoping that "love will overcome" only works part of the time. Too often, it's anger, resentment and a messy breakup or divorce.

'Fess up early on. If it's meant to be, it will be. If it's not meant to be, better that early on. And, unless someone is really stupid and immature in their approach, there truly is someone for everyone. It may just take patience and the right approach...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Right off the bat. I'd rather lose a potential girlfriend before getting involved with her in any way, if it's going to be that much of a problem. She can't break your heart if she hasn't gotten ahold of it yet, after all... My diapers are part of who I am. And I believe in being honest about who we are. Especially when trying to find someone to spend the rest of our lives with. And that's what I'm looking for: Someone who I can spend my life with. Someone who can accept the fact that I wear diapers. If someone can't accept that, then they're not the person I'm looking for, and I might as well find that out before I've invested my time, money, and emotions in a relationship.

• 3 months later...

I've only had 1 non-vanilla gf who was into watersports, shame she wouldn't wear nappies though. But left me cos basically she was quite much of a slut and had major trust issues with her as she would go off and cheat on other men. Thank fuck I never caught anything off her despite always wearing protection.

But least she didn't care I loved nappies.

All the rest when found out ran a mile and/or called me a freak/weirdo/sicko and told all her friends.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted "in Under 6 months" but in reality, I told my husband after 8 yrs of marriage. Okay, that was a bit extreme but I had told a previous boyfriend after he and I had become serious and were at the point of sharing very intimate details about each other and had been involved in a serious Sexual relationship. I was trying to be honest with him right around the 6 mth mark when I told him I wanted him to shave & diaper me. He didn't mind the shaving part and did diaper me but soon after the relationship ended and I never knew if it was the diaper thing or something else that made him leave.

I think honestly your poll could have offered more options like: "Before you become intimate, After you've become intimate, Before you Move in together, After you move in together, Once you're engaged, etc"

• 2 weeks later...

i have told my gf but past ones i didnt tell.

If you have known her for awhile and know she can handle it be honest.

If your wanting diapers to be in the relationship best not to wait cause what if when you know her better you realize she cant handle it then you have to keep quite about it and not wear.

Also depends on how serious you two are.

I would start by asking her if she has any fantasy or fetishes she wants you to do for her and if she does im sure she will return the favor

If you make her happy first and think about yourself last she will do her best to return the favor and make you happy

As a result of my SCI in June '11 I've become totally incontinent and have to wear full-time. I also use a wheelchair all the time. It's my personal belief that when someone sees someone (including me) in a wheelchair they automatically assume that person is incontinent. Now I might be wrong with that but it's not anything I take offense to. I mean diapers are protection and a wheelchair is for mobility so there's no reason to be ashamed of either. In any event I have no problems admitting it.

• 1 month later...

About within a month. They have to know because they either accept it or leave. I am not giving it up or living a secret. So I would rather tell and get it over with and it takes the pressure off me. Then I wouldn't have to worry about sneaking around. But with my husband, I never had to tell him because he already knew and we met on this forum.

Reason why I want to wait is because I want the guy to know me first as a person and then I tell him about my fetish and he will see I am still the same person and I didn't want him to judge me before getting to know me.

I put under 6 months but really it'd be between 6 months and a year. I told my current boyfriend at 7 months, just about the time we started talking hypothetically about marriage and our future together. I think less than 6 months is too soon, you just need to know the person a lot better to understand what their reaction will be and the best way to tell them. Also, there has to be a huge amount of trust there that it takes awhile to build. IMHO.

• Like 1

I put under 6 months but really it'd be between 6 months and a year. I told my current boyfriend at 7 months, just about the time we started talking hypothetically about marriage and our future together. I think less than 6 months is too soon, you just need to know the person a lot better to understand what their reaction will be and the best way to tell them. Also, there has to be a huge amount of trust there that it takes awhile to build. IMHO.

This is very True & I totally agree with your thoughts on this subject, Lovely. Remember the Old Saying: "Honesty is the Best Policy".

Rockies Fan.

• 1 month later...

Personally it depends on the person.

If they know about fetishes or kinks and are very open minded about it, I would bring it up. But if they are vanilla and slag off fetishes,etc then I wouldn't ever.

Best time to bring up fetishes or kinks is I'd say either when they are drunk or when you get to the stage where you do roleplay/foreplay or during sex.

Or anytime after you advance from just snogging and hugging, to say touching each other's bits and say dry-humping.

That's when I've felt comfortable saying that kind of thing in a relationship before, never said I loved diapers yet though as that's rather extreme for some people.

But said I love latex,pvc,leather,etc which is much more heard of and isn't quite as extreme as saying I wear diapers for a fetish.

As uneducated or unexperienced people jump to the conclusion if you like diapers sexually your either mentally ill or a peado, as what like the ignorant close-minded general public like to think until they know otherwise what AB/DL really is.

Same kind of ignorance close minded attitude by black and asian street gangs, if you shave your head and walk down the street and they see you. They automatically think your a neo nazi skinhead and attack you.

• 1 month later...

I told my lass a couple of years after we were married, because it was only then that i understood what i was, until that day i thought i was a sick freak and I would be locked up if i told anyone.

Suffice to say she felt i should have told her sooner, and its been a sore point ever since. But I love her and we are still together.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you mean by relationship, my friends it's after I figure out if they're going to be real friends or not. But, that's the only type of relationship I like anyway. If you're going to date someone, you should tell them before you date them, and everyone you date should be a friend first.