LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Always Find Yourself Hunting For A Better Diaper?

Perhaps this should go in Diaper Lovers, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, I've recently been having a bit of a think. I'm still using the 'shirt diapers' (September in Uni can't come soon enough!) and I keep changing my methods. I simply can't do with just using one cotton shirt now as it's not enough and not very secure. Few nights back I tried using four at once (I needed the fourth to hold the third in, especially as I've put weight on :badmood: ) but failed as the fourth's arms weren't flexible enough.

Right now I've settled on one that uses 3 shirts (one to cover the front and secure it to my pants, one double-folded for a padded bottom, and one to hold it all together) but I keep wondering if I'll try something different.

Now, yesterday I started wondering if that doesn't change for most ABDLs who get to use real diapers. I'm always looking for that next step, that thicker covering, that tighter tie, but until then I'd always put it down to the fact they're not real diapers.

So, for those of you who use diapers, have you found a brand you stick with and are satisfied with or are you moving from product to product, researching different makers, always looking for a better thrill, a better diaper?

TIA!

Back in August 1981 when I started to wear adult disposables, the only national brand in the USA was Attends and they made 2 sizes smaller than their Adult Small which fit me great.

Over the almost 30 years since then I done my best to give other adult brands available small enough to fit me a fair trial. The only disposable I might prefer are the Tena Slips Briefs I wear when in Australia and New Zealand.

Up to leaving for university in August 1981 I only wore pinned Curity gauze diapers. As I grew larger my Mom would connect two of the 21x40" together with an over-lock seam. When I finally had discreet use of a washing machine again in 1991, finding flat 21x40 Curity gauze diapers was hard. I started using DPF Baby Heaven 101 prefold gauze diapers. I continued using those until DPF closed their on-line store. Since then I have used ACD 36" square 2-ply gauze pin-on diapers.

As soakers inside my ACD diapers I use a combination of Gerber Birdseye baby prefold and Cruiser Size 4. Before the introduction of Cruisers with DryMax I had not been satisfied with Cruisers as a soaker.

So, yes, in that case not only did I give DryMax a chance, despite the negative publicity, I am glad I was open to the idea because for me they work better than I dared hope.

I was in your situation once long long ago. I made cloth diapers out of used sheets and rags, and 'plastic pants out of what ever plastic I could find or think of. All of this was back in the '70's when the internet didn't exist and I didn't have access to much, and knew nothing of this thing called the 'AB/DL community. All of this worked Ok for a while, but I always know what I "REALLY" wanted...cloth prefold diapers and 'real' plastic pants (preferably Gerber style) Finally I got a computer and discovered the wild and wacky world of the internet and the AB/DL world within and all the resources and vendors available and eventually I found what I had been longing for :D and I am a VERY happy camper......other then the closing of VIP for plastic pants :badmood: Along the way I found some disposable that I enjoy as well, that have all the features that I want and like. A couple of things that made this possible was that

1) I knew what I wanted for a long time

2) I acquired the means to get what I wanted (computer and internet and the funds to buy what I wanted)

Anyways, long story short, you have to identify what you want and go for it. If you prefer disposables, then I suggest yo do some shopping and buy samples if they are available. If you prefer cloth, then thats a bit harder to do, but maybe buy 1 at a time from chosen vendors aor shop on Ebay and see what you can find.

Things are RADICALLY different today than when I was a teen, and the items available and crowd of vendors to choose from is AMAZING! people today have a vast array of choices and access to things I couldn't even dream of back then.

The key is figure out what you want (or like) and if you have to write it down and start looking, it's out there. Also, if you can't find something, maybe buy the materials and try and make it yourself, :D Since everyone is different and has slightly different tastes and requirements...it might be worth a shot.

Either way, the key is knowing what you want, and then shopping around for it.

Good luck and most of all...have fun! :D

I'm always willing to try a new diaper. I have my prefered brands but I like to see how others fit and how they perform....

Its just a little bit of harmless fun anyhow. I've come to expect a certain level of performance from my chosen brands and its neat to experiment to see if others can make the grade.

I guess like a lot of folks I'm always looking for the next thickest baby'ish disposable I can get my hands on. Fortunately there is this great community where folks try new things all the time. I read a lot reviews people post about different diapers and make my judgments based off a majority vote. Well like Square Duck said, I buy samples to test them out mostly. My problem is I'm in a smaller niche group when it comes to diapers because I'm always looking for the thickest damn possible disposable because most of the time I don't go outta my house. So it doesn't matter how it shows under my clothes. And I don't want to have to wear many diapers at once. But most diaper makers still want folks to be able to go out in somewhat anonymity. And I can understand that too. But I await patiently for that rich diaper maker to make a the "Waddle Diaper". :lol:

I'm satisfied with several brands I enjoy and find sufficient for both my incontinence and play-time, but that never stops me from experimenting with new brands. I also like to have several options available - the same as continent folks might want different brands/styles of undies - so I have choices to fit my moods each day :)

I guess like a lot of folks I'm always looking for the next thickest baby'ish disposable I can get my hands on. Fortunately there is this great community where folks try new things all the time. I read a lot reviews people post about different diapers and make my judgments based off a majority vote. Well like Square Duck said, I buy samples to test them out mostly. My problem is I'm in a smaller niche group when it comes to diapers because I'm always looking for the thickest damn possible disposable because most of the time I don't go outta my house. So it doesn't matter how it shows under my clothes. And I don't want to have to wear many diapers at once. But most diaper makers still want folks to be able to go out in somewhat anonymity. And I can understand that too. But I await patiently for that rich diaper maker to make a the "Waddle Diaper". :lol:

I guess you haven't tried the dry 24/7 yet have you :P

That should fill the bill for thickest and 'waddle worthy'

I have a couple of brands which work well for me. I'll stick with what works. I'll give something new a try if it has good specifications, design, price, etc., but I don't want to rock the boat if I have something that works. I do hate it when the companies change stuff just for the sake of changing stuff. I still haven't found the perfect diaper, but as a philosopher said, "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." The perfect is the enemy of the good.

i like a few different brands myself.... molicare, abri form, dry 24/7 and bambinos are my favs.

and hint... instead of tee shirts, go to good will and buy some towels..... wash em once before using, but this way you won't need to pee all over ur tee shirts....

Many years ago when adult disposable diapers started getting popular, I would try almost every different brand I could find when I came across it. Some were good, others not including store brands. Some great diapers are no longer manufactured and some other great diapers ahve been "improved" so much by the manufacturers that they are no longer as good as they once were. Sure, I'm always up for new super thick and absorbent diapers. Molicares, Abriform X-Plus, Dry 24/7 and others. My problem is I buy my diapers in stores, not mail order (please don't tell me to order on line - I have spesific reasons and living conditions that make that not a good idea). You just don't see Molicare, Abriform X-Plus or Dry-24/7 let alone Bambinos in stores where I live, even medical supply stores! I have to drive 30 miles just to find the store that still sells Attends! I do like wearing different brands for a change, pun intended. Now, with the economy and my employment situation, thrift store and Goodwill buys are what I can afford. SOmetimes you do luck out though. Scored 2 packages of plastic backed Attends 10's for $4 each the other day. I might have bought all 4 packages for myself but I had a friend with me and he wanted the other 2 packages for himself! Actually, it was his idea to go to that store and split the stock they had between us! 2 packages was all I could handle at the time anyway!

When I look over my "stash", I am amazed at the number of different cloth diapers and plastic pants I have bought over the years. As for disposables, I've never been a real fan to reprise something from my past - the look, the feel, the sound, etc. - and they are more a convenience thing when cloth diapers are not practical. I actually tried a whole variety of what was available out of Europe, ordering from Baby-Doll Shop. The shipping, however, cost as much as my order! Actually, I've found what works best for me, at given times and different times of the day - Molicares, Invacares, Select, all with cloth soakers and booster pads. Anymore, I'm less likely to be bouncing around with different brands. And, I often go out "diaper hunting" at thrift stores. My stash has gotten enormous. I'm even choosy, now. I turned down stock from one Goodwill store because they were priced at $6 a bag and not th $3 or $4 a bag I'm used to at other of their outlets! You can make virtually anything work - especially if you use plastic pants for extra protection. And, while thin, I've found the Maker's Mark brand at Sam's Club(which, I believe, are actually made by Invacare) at about $20 per CASE, for 4 bags of 12 diapers. THAT, is a good price...

Until I found dry 24/7 I was always searching for a better diaper.Most of the other types I tried did not fit me properly and in any case in Israel dry 24/7 are some of the cheapest diapers on the marketas they are made here.Until I found them I mainly wore Depends and they sucked big time and are like double the price of the Dry 24/7 s

The key is figure out what you want (or like) and if you have to write it down and start looking, it's out there. Also, if you can't find something, maybe buy the materials and try and make it yourself, :D Since everyone is different and has slightly different tastes and requirements...it might be worth a shot.

Either way, the key is knowing what you want, and then shopping around for it.

Good luck and most of all...have fun! :D

Yeah, I have a general idea of what I want, nothing specific but it's a start (disposables being top priority given I'll be in uni. Can't afford to be seen taking diapers back and forth to the laundrette :roflmao: ) and needless to say I'll be using the benefit of mail order (only worry is about how expensive these things can be). From what I've seen on this site some brands get more praise than others, I get the impression Abena X Plus are some of the better ones.

and hint... instead of tee shirts, go to good will and buy some towels..... wash em once before using, but this way you won't need to pee all over ur tee shirts....

I tried using a bath towel a few weeks ago. It was very comfy once I put it in my pants, but all I did was wrap it around myself and tuck the bottom in a bit. I could not fold it right. Just couldn't. Tried about four different folds and none of them worked. Simply couldn't get it right. Maybe it's because they're rectangular, or maybe I'm just incompetent, heh.

No pins either.

As for peeing, well I would like to try wetting once I get my hands on the real deal, but until then I can wait.

I guess you haven't tried the dry 24/7 yet have you :P

That should fill the bill for thickest and 'waddle worthy'

Having tried Abena X-Plus, I'm actually frightened of the Dry 24/7's. Those things look like they could dislocate a hip, relatively speaking... :wtf2:

That said, Thursday can't get here fast enough - my first order of ABU SDK's come in, and I've been dying to get hold of them ever since the Bambino Teddies I bought a while back were such an uncomfortable disappointment (cut and stiffness, more than anything else)