LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"My Strange Addiction"

tcc

you do know the point of the show is they send you to get help to stop your addiction or aleast figure out why you have it

Ummm... Did you read this post of mine on the first page of this thread?

Thanks, Drew. There is another thread about this show and I mentioned I applied and got the meanest responses. I feel it's something I need to do for myself. They would be able to connect me with a lifestyle aware therapist, and the financial compensation would be a plus. I hope I can help those struggling with their AB feelings in the process, too.

I want some insight from a professional familiar with my desires. I've seen every episode, so I know what it's all about.

I almost hope you don't get selected for the show. It has nothing to do with BabyTara, instead I'd rather have the point of view from a diaper lover and not an AB. The media have focused completely on the AB side of our group and it would be nice to see them do another side. Frankly if you polled the general public I think they would almost unananimously state that adults who want to wear diapers are AB's.

It would great to show the public that there is a large group of people who just want to go home after work and slip into a diaper (and pants) before preparing dinner.

Why do have to always been seen only in the light of an AB? There is far more to our group (in general) than just this one part.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm glad to see a DL going on the show. We don't get too much attention and the general public lumps us all into one category. Nice to show the diversity and what the differences are.

You know BabyTara, before you go on, you should notify companies like bambino or ABU and see if you use their products and mention them during the show, if you can get some kinda kick back off that too. Just an idea, I'm sure they'd like the advertising for it and who knows, those who aren't aware of the community and see you on there may realize they're not alone and may think it's fun to try on an ABU Cushie or Bambino print that they didn't even know existed! Might get some curious people into this ya know!

The problem I see with this is the title of the program is "My strange Addiction" and as I understand addictions, they are something that is treatable with therapy and or drugs all of which you find in such clinics rehab places such as The"Betty Ford Clinic" where Elizabeth Taylor spent a good chunk of time for her addiction to pain pills and sleeping pills.

I don't see being an AB/DL as having an addiction, it's part of the way we are. It's not really something that can be treated with pills or therapy etc. The only thing that seems to work is self maintenance and management of the desires and "lifestyle" for lack of a better word. So I'm not really sure this is a good idea in the first place :huh:

I think it's more of the "I COULD" audition for and try and go on this program.......but SHOULD I? what's the benefits vs the liabilities?? to not just yourself, but to the community as a whole, your daddy....work...people who know you and 'don't' know this about you..

Just thought I'd toss out my handful of bread crumbs of concern. *shrug*

Regardless of what happens I hope it works out for you. :)

I disagree.....I think diapers are an addiction (and I've talked to a couple of therapists about them, and that is also their opinion. I'm addicted to diapers.

The show could go well, it could make us look bad also. Most everyone looks at our fetish with incredulity and disgust, and a few minutes on the TV isn't going to change that.

You also cannot control how it will be edited. I've edited TV for a living, and I could edit footage to support pretty much any conclusion.

But it would be fun...so have fun! As I said, most people won't have their opinion changed by this, so what harm can it do. We are pretty freaky....LOL

• Like 1

I would say that for me, my DL side/life/world and diapers ARE an addiction, of sorts. It will always be a part of me and while I have put it away for a length of time, I don't want to, and after any number of purges of supplies, I always purchase more and come back to satisfying my urges. In this latest marriage, where I have the most freedom I've ever had to be a DL and satisfy my urges virtually anytime I want and to virtually any degree - which is virtually always discreet, and, seemingly, grows closer to 24/7 at times - the fulfillment seems to strengthen the addiction. Even if there were a "12 Step Program" for "Diaper Addiction", unlike cigarettes, alcohol, gambling or even sex, I don't see potential death as an ultimate end for "my strange addiction". I recognize my diaper desires as an addiction, but can live without diapers - I'm not an incon - and while I would think about diapers and being in them frequently, I would not be rendered dysfunctional without them and my withdrawl would be more psychological than anything else. I assume, eventually, I would be able to live less bothered by the fact I was not indulging my diaper desires. To be sure, I would not seek out a program to rid me of my urges and desires. I don't want to!

Just like the extremes of any addictive behavior, the diaper addiction spans the AB world all the way to the DL world. The major difference is that diapers are a legitimate product, manufactured for a legitimate purpose, and are not illegal, immoral nor fattening, and do not ultimately lead to a person's downfall or death. And, for those able to choose, choosing to wear and use diapers for their intended purpose(s) is exactly that, a choice. Unlike, say, cigarettes or alcohol, diapers are absorbent underwear. Whatever else is attached to that is a creation of men's minds. And, the less obsessing people do over their obsession, their addiction, their quirks, their perceived abnormality, the more content and happy they will live their life. For those that do not understand it, they never will. And, like anything else, to each their own, and this makes human beings unique and not boring, to be sure...

• 3 months later...

"My Strange Addiction" will be air a show with Riley Kilo as the subject. Riley is a perfect representitive for the ABDL community. I plan on viewing it. I have personally met Riley and I know she will be quite the positive buzz.

Huggie :biker_h4h:

OK first off... some people may very well be 'addicted' in a more broad sense to diapers or ab behavior.

Others are able to keep a balance where they enjoy indulging occasionally but nothing more...

and i'm thinking the reason no straight DLs are on these shows is one of two reasons 1. No DLs are auditioning... and 2. the shows want some sense of sensationalism... and seriously which would get more viewers, someone who likes diapers... or someone who likes diapers AND dressing up and acting like a baby.

but if people want just straight DLs then well people have to be willing to go on national TV and talk about being a DL...

(by straight i do not mean sexually, i mean just a DL, w/out the ab aspect).

Personally no one who goes on the shows represents my interests in ab very well at all.... but i don't care... because i have no desire to tell anyone about my sex life except the person i'm with, and sicne he is my daddy... got that covered..

"My Strange Addiction" will be air a show with Riley Kilo as the subject. Riley is a perfect representitive for the ABDL community. I plan on viewing it. I have personally met Riley and I know she will be quite the positive buzz.

Riley defintely is good AB representative:

http://www.rileykilo.com/2011/07/more-video.html

It will be interesting. I don't know about "perfect representative," with respect to Riley, because there is no perfect representative. Our community is simply too diverse for that. However, I'm sure Riley will do a very good job. :)

It will be interesting. I don't know about "perfect representative," with respect to Riley, because there is no perfect representative. Our community is simply too diverse for that. However, I'm sure Riley will do a very good job. :)

PERFECT in the sense that she is intelligent, cute, and knowledgeable. No doubt there will be haters out there and no one or anything will sway their mindset. By and large I think the diversity of the ABDL community and a nice portion of the vanilla world will recieve Riley's representation well.

yeah I am really looking forward to seeing the full episode, i just saw the clips onilne.

Thank you so much Riley for doing this and presenting the community and a very positive way.

• Like 1