LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"My Strange Addiction"

tcc

TLC has been advertising a new program/series that is being aired on Wednesday, December 29, 2010, at 9 PM. It's called "My Strange Addiction", and in the preview "trailer", it shows a woman sucking her thumb. Don't know if the show will ever have a segment that has an AB or DL, but it might be worth it to watch to see if an AB or DL is ever highlighted - willing to be exposed...

Since some consider their AB/DL leanings to BE an "addiction" - albeit diaper addiction, with associated AB or DL activity - the program might offer insight such that those who indulge in AB or DL things and lifestyles will be able to better accept themselves, stop chewing on themselves and beating themselves up and sit back, diaper up, chill and simply enjoy the fact that they are "different" and what they DO enjoy, though it may not be what is preferred by so-called "normal" society. That said, diapers, even ADULT diapers, are very acceptable and very AVAILABLE in our society. It's the idea of wearing them and using them - by CHOICE - is what seems to be the stickler with "normals". Yet, whips, chains, bondage, etc. and the whole BD/SM scene seems to be much more acceptable to "society". Is it because all those same people are more familiar with all that or would find that acceptable to participate with? Perhaps one vignette will highlight AB/DL, and actually do so in a positive light. I'm not hopeful...

I think wearing anything is a choice some people make everyday, we don't see the guy who wears frilly panties, we don't see or notice other people wearing diapers because they are discreet.

I don't see anything wrong with sucking you thumb, if you want to in public I think you are going to get unwanted attention, but if it is attention you seek that is another story.

BDSM has been around a long time, and I think everyone the planet knows about it, and is practiced for the most part in private except for shows, maybe someday diapers will have the same following as bondage and be widely accepted.

Until that day I will quietly wear my diapers when I feel the need to wear.

I am half-azzed convinced that if 'normal' people actually wore a diaper for even an hour or two then we wouldn't get so much flak over our predilection....

I honestly don't see what the problem is wearing a high quality disposable diaper and using it. For myself, when I am wearing a wet diaper it really doesn't feel wet to me at all. Puffy and bulky yes, but not wet or damp or even uncomfortable.....

Aside from a diaper rash every now and again...wearing diapers leaves less marks than whips :D

• Like 1

urine is only sterile while in the body, once it leaves the body any old bacteria floating in the air will stick to it like glue, as urine is a lovely nice warm wet environment which many bacterias and virus' love..... remember, once your diaper is out of the bag, its no longer sterile.... so urine hits no sterile diaper that has been exposed to all the bacteria on the outside of your body, and voila lovely little home for stuff to grow.

I heard something from an antique dealer how "contrived" and "set up" American Pickers is. I mean, you just don't show up across the country with a small truck and a whole camera crew and "surprise" a prospective client and have the "picking" go well and appear natural.

After what I saw with "Strange Addiction", I WILL watch again, but when you start talking camera crews, and filming of talking with a psychiatrist, I begin to wonder how contrived THAT "reality program" ALSO is.

As much as we DLs and ABs chew on ourselves as it is, and most are deathly afraid of discovery, being "outed" and exposure, I can't imagine that any reasonably normal adult with fair levels of self-esteem is going to put themselves out on national television for the consumption of the country, AB or DL or not. I'm not sure WHOM would be willing to deal with the potential "fallout" over portrayal.

And, if you look at the "postlude" "disclaimer", the people highlighted, not a whole lot seems to have gotten accomplished with exposure and "therapy". Perhaps the program will improve and be of more help to "the afflicted". If it doesn't, I think it's little more than there for shock value, and that alone...

at the end of the show it says if you or someone you know has a strange addiction you can sign up for the show.

Wonder if anyone females here will have the courage to sign up

wait why does it have to be a female? is this show only about females with addictions???

I heard something from an antique dealer how "contrived" and "set up" American Pickers is. I mean, you just don't show up across the country with a small truck and a whole camera crew and "surprise" a prospective client and have the "picking" go well and appear natural.

After what I saw with "Strange Addiction", I WILL watch again, but when you start talking camera crews, and filming of talking with a psychiatrist, I begin to wonder how contrived THAT "reality program" ALSO is.

As much as we DLs and ABs chew on ourselves as it is, and most are deathly afraid of discovery, being "outed" and exposure, I can't imagine that any reasonably normal adult with fair levels of self-esteem is going to put themselves out on national television for the consumption of the country, AB or DL or not. I'm not sure WHOM would be willing to deal with the potential "fallout" over portrayal.

And, if you look at the "postlude" "disclaimer", the people highlighted, not a whole lot seems to have gotten accomplished with exposure and "therapy". Perhaps the program will improve and be of more help to "the afflicted". If it doesn't, I think it's little more than there for shock value, and that alone...

Whoever you were talking to about American Pickers obviously didn't pay attention to the show if they actually watched it. They don't go around surprising clients. They have the woman at the warehouse seek out clients and she calls the guys and tells them what the clients told her that they have to pick from. And the picking doesn't always go well for them. Sometimes, they wind up with some real headache situations, and just piles of worthless junk.

As to My Strange Addiction: I saw the one with the woman who eats chalk and the obsessive tanner... They need to be committed... And judging by the commercials, so does everyone else on the show... I don't think it'd be a good show for anyone to consider putting themselves on. If they do one on diapers, it'll likely wind up as another "this show/person is giving us a bad name!" topic...

wait why does it have to be a female? is this show only about females with addictions???

The show focuses mainly on women. But, mostly it's 'cause a woman in a diaper couldn't ever be more off-putting than a man in a diaper...

• Like 1

I am sure the ratings would go through the roof with an episode about diapered ladies! :thumbsup: specially since, sas stated, the program is mostly about women! :D

I am sure they would happily take your application Sarah :D

• 1 month later...

Good for you!

I'm glad somebody is stepping up to the plate here. I honestly think that with the way the show is done, it won't really be a huge negative but more of an eye opener to the general public of what we're all about. Before anyone else posts, please watch a few episodes before you jump to conclusions on how she'll be portrait if she's picked.

They more or less present the facts. You show what you're about and they try to briefly dig into "why" you're this way through professionals. They will help you to stop doing it if it's truly unhealthy or at least show you what effect this has on your health or life. The people who's addictions are affecting their health have been the ones to need big change mainly. The ones with harmless addictions like dolls, rock collecting and furries, don't seem to change too much. It's probably because it's a harmless addiction for the most part. The thing they mainly would focus on for ab/dl's, as they have for the other more harmless addictions is showing you if/how these habits may be controlling your life and what it's "costing" you(not necessarily in dollars). They usually don't expect you to completely eliminate the behavior but maybe bring it down to a more moderate level that doesn't control your life so much. They may show you what effect this may have on your life, career, relationships, all stuff we probably know about anyway but may have turned a blind eye too as the addiction has started to control the life.

It's really not that negative of a show to be honest, at least I don't think so. The interventions and help are pretty mild and they leave well enough alone for the most part. I think going on the show is good though because it may make people realize, "oh, that's all that is, no big deal" as it's really NOT a big deal and we're not pedos(most of us anyway).

Good luck, I've been waiting for someone to come forward.

Thanks, Drew. There is another thread about this show and I mentioned I applied and got the meanest responses. I feel it's something I need to do for myself. They would be able to connect me with a lifestyle aware therapist, and the financial compensation would be a plus. I hope I can help those struggling with their AB feelings in the process, too.

Thanks. I'm still waiting on a final decision from TLC. I did an interview on webcam for the casting director of the show, but ultimately it's up to the station themselves. They recently wrapped the first season and are preparing for the second, so I may have to wait a while longer. Cross your fingers for me. I will keep you all updated.

• Like 1

I kind of figured you'd have to wait for the second season as they've already aired quite a few with no new ones in que as of right now. Don't worry about those negative nelly's here. Do it for YOU!

To be honest, I've always wondered why though, people would want to air their dirty laundry but I think, as you mentioned there's basically 4 reasons.

1. Just to do it for yourself

2. Help others with the same issue

2. Free Professional help

3. Financial compensation

The fourth one probably winds up ACTUALLY getting someone to do the show. Money is pretty powerful and also the free help is compensation too which is good.

I'm sure we're all curious, and maybe you can't tell us, but what roughly is the compensation?

Thanks. I'm still waiting on a final decision from TLC. I did an interview on webcam for the casting director of the show, but ultimately it's up to the station themselves. They recently wrapped the first season and are preparing for the second, so I may have to wait a while longer. Cross your fingers for me. I will keep you all updated.

I hope you know what you are getting into.

Bad things have happened to every person who has "outed" themselves on public TV.

But it will also serve to let others know that DL/AB are just normal people,and this could help take away the false myths that surround those who wear diapers,and dontneed to for medical reasons.

A lot of peole dont understand that to some people that this is there way to relax,and get rid of the pressures of modern living,and they will also see that people who wear diapers like this are just normal people,rather than going out and getting drunk they just put on a diaper.

• 2 weeks later...