LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Afraid Of Sleeping On An Airplane?

I'm out of college and working for a company that occassionally requires me to visit our European offices. I'm only an occassional bedwetter, but it's enough that i'm scared to death to sleep on the long flights. I'm also too afraid to wear my diapers on a plane. Does anyone else have this fear? Any suggestions?

Baggy pants will do well to hide the diaper bulge as long as you don't go with an outrageously thick diaper. Tranquility ATN's are absorbent and they are discreet. I personally would rather take my chance with the diaper than accidentally falling asleep and waking up with wet pants/seat.

I have to wear diapers 24/7 and have been in them for a very long time. I am also a very heavy wetter.

This is what works for me:

I found that Abena is best for two reasons. They are extremely absorbant if you purchase their "extra" model plus they absorb very fast. I use their Abri-Flex pull-ons. If I have any doubts at all I add a crotch pad like a Tena extra long. Lastly, a good quality plastic pants (just in case) like Tuffy pants from Kins. Use this along with one size larger pants (with relaxed fit if you can get that) and you should be good for many hours even if you wet 3-4 times. Try it out at home and you should find that this will be a winner. Any questions?

Alli

Since you travel with collegues, maybe try this idea: Go to the restroom on the plane before taking a nap. Tell your collegues to wake you up in about 2 hours. Then if after a while you decide to take another nap, do the same thing. Have one of them wake you but make sure you go to the restroom before taking a second nap. Either that, or perhaps take a small alarm of some kind that can ring through ear buds and wake you up (if there is such a thing). That way you won't have to worry so much about wetting yourself when sleeping and you won't have to wear a diaper on the plane.

I would offer this. You say you may only occasionally wet while you sleep. That being the case there is no need for a highly absorbent brief or in this instance a bulky one. To read your post you may wet while asleep and if so it will just be the one time. Most any decent brief will contain a single or two wetting. I wear a Molicare Super daily and can easily hide it under normal day wear, but when wet it does tend to bulk up and exaggerate features if you catch my drift. So using a step down version from a maximum brand name would probably be best for you in this situation.

I have found that when you wear larger clothes that just heightens the crinkle factor and makes you wear something over top for a "muffler". I think you would be fine with a day wear Abena, molicare classic, or even a tranquility slimline. Wear standard underwear over it. Before the flight lands whether wet or not, simply go to the washroom, discard in the bin. You now have a standard wear under your clothes and go about your day!

For a simple safety measure, put a handfull full of Butterscotch or whatever cellophane wrapped candy in your front pocket. As the plane is about to depart offer them to either side of you. If any noise is heard the person will equate that to the candy in your pocket. So diaper up, get some sleep. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks everybody, some great advice. I'm not a heavy wetter, so i don't need anything super absorbent. I'll try something small and see how it goes.

I'd suggest going with the most protection you can get away with because too little diaper still equals wet pants :o And I'd "un-hydrate" about four hours ahead of time ;) Not stopping all liquid intake mind you; just limiting it greatly, and limiting it to water alone :mellow: After your sleeptime is done get re-hydrated :) If you wear something over the diaper like undies, make sure they're not too tight or the diaper capacity and absorbency rate can be reduced :( Another option would be a 'sheath' type cath and a leg-bag. The main thing is don't worry! Nobody is going to know a thing B) I've been 24/7 awhile now and usually wear plastic panties which aren't exactly quiet :blush: and if anyone has noticed they haven't said anything :whistling: Airplanes and airports always have background noise so nobody will know a thing.

Bettypooh

OK, then one more question if you don't mind. What's the best diaper or pullup to buy that's not too bulky, not too noisy, but absorbent enough for one medium size wetting?

Secure Personal Plus would be a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

I was scared to fly with diapers. till i posted my own and seen a lot of people fly all the time with diapers.

I wear all the time, so to be out in public with a diaper on it nothing, i was worried about security and i had no prob i just took all metal off of me and sent it threw x ray walked threw like normal. I did not have any one even give me a second look. when i got to my destination i had been in the same diaper for 10 hours now, i was soaked but still holding good so i got my check bag and my rental car and off to the hotel to get cleaned up. when i came home i was a lot less worried about it. Just think of a diaper as wearing underwear, just more padding. hope this helps

Well, i was scared to death, but on the flight back to the US yesterday i did it. I wore my AB Universe diapers under my clothes and i don't think anyone noticed. And as someone mentioned, there's so much noise in the airplane that no one could hear anything as you move around in your seat anyway. It was so great to finally be able to actually relax and sleep on the flight. And as someone else mentioned, near the end of the flight, i just went to the bathroom, removed the diapers, folded it up real tight, and put it in the trash. Thanks everybody.

On shorter flights I usually have so much work to do I do not sleep. Of course I am always diapered because I am urinary incontinent. I have absolutely no fear of leaking when sleeping sitting up.

So my only concern about sleeping in public is the worry someone will steal my files. The laptop I carry with me encrypts my files, all of which are backed up elsewhere in case the computer is stolen. Unfortunately usually I am also carrying physical files that are not encrypted and I do not always travel with an investigator.

On shorter flights I usually have so much work to do I do not sleep. Of course I am always diapered because I am urinary incontinent. I have absolutely no fear of leaking when sleeping sitting up.

So my only concern about sleeping in public is the worry someone will steal my files. The laptop I carry with me encrypts my files, all of which are backed up elsewhere in case the computer is stolen. Unfortunately usually I am also carrying physical files that are not encrypted and I do not always travel with an investigator.

well many years ago a woman snuck files out of the pentagon in her panties no who in the hell would check a diaper

an if they did all the evidence would be wash away

unless it was indelible ink

I sleep on planes almost weekly. Sometimes the trips are too short or I have too much writing to do, but quite often I use that time to catch up on sleep. When I have too many worries about leaking, I know it's time to upgrade what I wear.

I take at least two and usually three overnight international flights a month.

I use a pad (Abena X-Plus -- as absorbent as an Abena diaper) under stretch pants. I put it on just before getting on the plane and keep it on until I get through customs and immigration. If I need to change on the plane, I carry a spare pad and wipes in a shave bag. It's easy to change the pad -- just pull it off and slip in the dry pad.

On flights to Asia or South America, I'll need to change at least once.

I usually travel with clients and colleagues. Nobody has ever noticed.