LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Disposables

Blackhart

I grew up with disposables. I've tried cloth in the past but they just didn't feel like a diaper to me. I love the way disposables crinkle and smell when they first come out of the package. I even like the way they look when stacked up in a pile.

Cloth diapers work for others. Just not for me.

I was a cloth kid way back when, and it really is what I prefer :thumbsup: I buy and use disposables simply because they are more discrete than bulky cloth, and don't show under my jeans (or so I am lead to believe :P ) if I had a choice and opportunity, I'd cloth use my cloth prefolds more. That might change down the road, but for now it's disposables when I'm in the mood. I don't mind doing laundry, and washing diapers is kind of a magical thing....talk about recycling! :D But washing them in Dreft...and smelling that wonderful clean smell....it's almost intoxicating :blush:

But thats just me.

I think it is a matter of age and what your diaper exposure was when you developed your fetish. I think most people develop a diaper fetish when they are young. If you were in cloth diapers or exposed to cloth diapers your fetish is probably for cloth diapers. If you were in disposables or your fetish started around them that is probably your preference now. Prior to about 1975 cloth was definitely king, if not exclusive in the 80's and 90's disposables were pretty much standard. Now we have more balance but cloth are making a comeback for sure. Looking into the ABDL crystal ball 20 years from now, cloth will probably be more popular than they are now, because more kids are being raised from them. My fetish started with Pampers, and threats of being put in them. I still want plastic backed tape on disposables, not cloth, not cloth like, not discrete underwear like things.

Whatever magic moment you had in life that led you down this path will generally determine what your diaper preference is. I don't think their is a right or wrong, officially we are all probably wrong.

I did think at one time I would like cloth, but after trying them I don't like them, when I was a kid the disposable didn't exist.

I do like plastic and rubber pants, but I would rather wear them over a nice disposable for extra protection.

I have tried cloth but don't get hang to them. For what it is worth, I was put in disposables already and my younger brother later also.

I like my disposables, and plastic/rubber pants above when I am not at home.

most people forget or dont know that fresh water is in fact rare and limited in supply and that washing diapers wastes a alot.... just dont asume since you dont throw it away it dosent have a global impact.... disp diapers are being recyled and and they in fact DO degrade... so use what you need to to and no more what ever you choose but please dont say one is better than another for any reason....

I know the argument has been made, I can't exactly say I agree to it though, there are many different methods of washing cloth diapers... HE washers, Line Drying, Etc. would dramatically reduce the resources necessary to care for cloth diapers. It should be noted that many manufactures of cloth diapers recommend line drying because of it's natural sanitation effect on the diaper itself.

• 1 month later...

Obviously, cloth diapers require plastic pants for "leakproofing". That means, besides the need to launder them, a "two-piece package".

We have become a society of convenience, a "disposable society", as it were. Disposable diapers for infants were designed FOR convenience, to make life easier for parents, to make diapering - a necessity for infant care - simpler and less work.

For some, they prefer particular disposables because that's what they were raised in. For some, they have that preference because of sight, sound and smell of days gone by, which triggered something for later on - diaper fetishism that could be acted upon.

While I really prefer cloth diapers, though depending upon the material, they are often less comfortable than disposables - which manufacturers keep tweaking and improving, over the whole range of sizes, up to adult sizes, so that they don't FEEL like a diaper! - and while you will KNOW when the cloth diaper is close to used up and near leaking, disposables definitely have their place and are more convenient to use in most situations.

Obviously, disposable diaper tapes are not going to set off metal detectors at an airport, and when travelling, a person would not have to launder or rinse cloth diapers(or for me, the cloth soakers I use to extend the wear time of a disposable, and improve the absorption rate of the diaper's fill), and carry wet, heavy cloth back home or find a place, even at a hotel or motel, to launder and dry cloth.

That said, disposable capacity CAN be extended with creative use of inserts, doublers or baby diapers as a soaker.

I think, depending upon the age of a person, it's more what was used on you in your formative years which drives what you prefer now. Listening to what people say about the INconvenience of having to launder cloth diapers, CONVENIENCE afforded by disposable products clearly is a major factor in their choice for use as well as the huge market for them, relegating cloth diapers to a minor role in our society, though there clearly still is a market for them.

I was born in 71 and trained in 74. I wore cloth unless we were traveling and then I think by the time I was day time dry I was in disposables at night while training. My preference is entirely for disposables, I like the rustle of the plastic, the tapes, the way the elastic runs up the backside, in general I like just about everything about disposables. Cloth, pin on diaper on the other hand to me seem kind of bland and boring. I do like plastic pants, esp snap ons, and other types of diaper covers - but beyond that cloth is kind of lame. I like training pants too, but I think I would like to have an adult version of a kids pull up more (Not the sad sanitairy napkin with a vaugley feminine elastic web crap they sell as an adult pull up)

I have a couple of cloth diapers, but I prefer even Depends over those. I find disposables to be considerably more comfortable than cloth, and easier to put on and take off... Cloth are more of a chore to deal with, what with the pins and all... And they really don't feel enough like diapers. More like just thick underwear...

• 8 months later...

disposable diapers. The feel, and the noise, just makes it feel the best. i did cloth once and being a diaper lover? I did not like the feeling at all. So i ordered more disposable diapers, and that saved the day. disposable diapers all the way. And easier to clean.

• 1 month later...

I use cloth but the reason why I use disposable too is because cloth is too thick and my butt be very bulky and not all my pants would fit over them. Plus they smell when they are wet, even with little pee they can smell. I can wear my disposables to wear wearing them under my normal jeans cloth wouldn't fit under. Plus they hold more than cloth. I also use baby powder to hide the smell. I can do that with cloth too to try and hide the smell but I choose to not wear to work or out of the home when I am gone for a while.

Plus I think I'd be missing out on trying new disposables if I only wore cloth. I could wear looser jeans to fit over my cloth diapers for work. I have walked outside in my cloth diapers under my clothes when I go for walks or go to local stores or when we go shopping and I am not gone very long anyway.

I have a couple of cloth diapers, but I prefer even Depends over those. I find disposables to be considerably more comfortable than cloth, and easier to put on and take off... Cloth are more of a chore to deal with, what with the pins and all... And they really don't feel enough like diapers. More like just thick underwear...

Actually mine have velcro and I got them on ebay. Someone who makes AB clothes also made cloth diapers too and she would sell them on there and I would bid on them and win them. I also got a few cloth diapers on etsy and they were also handmade and they have velcro also.

• 2 months later...

Definatly has to be thick plastic backed disposable diapers.

As they contain pulp padding and SAP(gel) that cloth don't, so feel much different when wet.

They have tapes that cloth don't.

Although some cloth diapers have an intergrated plastic cover, most need plastic pants with them.

And disposable is much is easier to get rid of, instead of having embrassing cloth diapers hanging on your line or radiator.

Only thing I don't like about some brands of disposable diapers is the harsh perfumes, moisturizers or chemicals they put in them, which can cause a rash or irritation from the clean diaper alone. NOT from sweat and piss.

I prefer cloth diapers and plastic panties. I was raised in cloth diapers so that is a diaper to me. I am a plastic pants junkie too. The downside to cloth is storing and washing them. I think that with disposables I miss the wet feel of a cloth diaper.

For trips, like baby camp, I do take disposables for the ease of use. Also, we tend to camp where water has to be carried in for all uses. Wet diapers are not fun to travel with.

• 3 months later...

For me it is cloth diapers and waterproof pants only. That's what I grew up (Grew up? Well...physically aged, then) wearing being born in 1959. I have no way to hide disposables, nor can I order them mail-order with any sort of privacy. I can, however, order diaper flannel/birdseye and polyurethane laminate and make my own diapers and waterproof pants. They're easy to stash, and I have enough "alone time" that when I do actually get to "use" the diaper, I can wash/dry it and put it back in hiding much easier than getting rid of a disposable diaper. Absorbency is also pretty good with very little leakage issues as long as I don't flood the diaper.

• 1 month later...

its more fun to wet in a real baby diaper..just something about peeing in a baby diaper that feels good and right..makes u feel more like a baby

• 2 months later...

I like how much they can hold and they way they smell after a few weeks, I love filling up my diaper pail so my baby room smells like dirty pampers. I also love the way they turn into gel and like to squish them with my feet and make the gel burst out. And I love filling the landfillls with stinky dirty diaper.

• 7 months later...