LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All Members Of The Grammar Police Squad:

This! This is what us "grammar nazi's" are really trying to get at. I'm not willing to put the time and effort into decoding your massive wall o text. If you're too lazy to bother with basic punctuation, and basic paragraph structure, then hell I'm too lazy to read your post.

Grammar rules are there for a reason, they make the text easier/ quicker to read.....

Thanks for agreeing. I'm not a nazi about grammar, but damnit, if I can't read it, what the hell am I supposed to do with it?

I would also like to add another peeve of mine. Tough this isn't necessarily grammar related, it is internet related, so this is as good as place to post about it as any.

I hate threads that have a question or statement in the title, but NOTHING or very little in the first post. This irritates me to no end.

It's like the OP only got as far as the title, then forgot what the hell they were doing.:screwy:

For example, I may see a thread title that reads;

"Paper clips on my nipples hurt."

And then the body of the post reads;

"Do you?"

HOW THE F*CK am I supposed to reply to that? :huh:

Proper spacing, basic punctuation, and capitalization are the only things I care about. Without these, I can not understand your post.

How am I supposed to follow a wall of text, and be expected to make a helpful reply?

COMPLETELY AGREE! :thumbsup:

The run on sentences and lack of punctuation make it very difficult to deal with. Not to mention spelling, but I know that there are people here who are from different parts of the world and English isn't their primary language.

I'm not perfect either and I make a mish mash of some of my posts, and have to go back and edit / spell check later on :blush:

All these tools are available on most, if not all computers, and if someone isn't making use of them, then they don't have much to complain about when their post gets trashed! :P

I can agree with most of what is said in this thread: capitals, basic punctuation, and a reasonable attempt at spelling just make it easier for the rest of the world to understand you. I'll even readily accept accept and use more universal acronyms and 'abbreviations' such as 'LOL' and 'BTW'. However, if I need the Rosetta Stone to translate something like "i rly h8 it whn u ppl type in txt", don't expect a response from me. If you can't be bothered to write with full words, I can't be bothered to read it.

As the last remaining member that took an oath long ago...

Section 3(4) of the Grammar Police Act 2006 requires each member of the Grammar Police to make the following Solemn declaration when they are appointed:

“I hereby solemnly and sincerely declare before DailyDi that –

- I will faithfully discharge the duties of a member of the Grammar Police with fairness, integrity, regard for member’s rights, diligence and impartiality, upholding the basic rules of grammar and according respect to some degree to its members,

- while I continue to be an active member, I will to the best of my skill, knowledge and expertise, discharge all my duties according to the mood I am in, and

- I do not belong to, and will not while I remain a member of Daily Diapers, belong to or subscribe to, any politically correct party or secret jargon society whatsoever.

I will be the first to admit my typing skills are not the worlds best. I absolutely love that Firefox shows me a spelling error as I go and I can easily fix as. I usually catch grammatical error after I post, and go back to fix them.

I don't think we have to worry about winning the Pulitzer or anything, but basic 8th grade English (for English speaking people) shouldn't be that hard.

I am actually an Obergruppenfuhrer in the Grammar SS, and am about to loose whole tomes of armoured semicolons onto this site, backed up by waves of gerunds, in an attempt to cleanse the world of unnecessary commas.

Maybe next week, or when I am bored. Or when I want to offend almost everybody.

Please, please stop confusing:-

"There" meaning "not here".

"Their" meaning "They own it"

"They're" meaning "they are"

....or you will send an old frog completely over the top.

Thank you.

Thare you go, good points :roflmao:

I'd also like to point out that stupidity is infectious; a dangerous contagion. After so many years and many, many posts, I'm experiencing some less-than-perfect spelling symptoms. Just reading idiocy can expose one to its crippling effects.

Please, people, for the sake of mine (and others') superiority, exercise good sense and spellchecking when exhibiting text or materials for public consumption.

Good grammar, spelling, and punctuation are like the clothes you wear. How you write tells others about the quality of your character. Using bad grammar and incorrect spelling is the equivalent of wearing baggy pants that show a good portion of your boxers. People will think that you are trash because you don't take the time to present yourself in a positive manner. If you are unsure of your spelling before posting in a forum such as "Daily Diapers," simply type your post in a program that uses spell-check. Some programs such as Word will even suggest punctuation. Your message will have more impact if you are able to write in a manner that shows you actually know something. It isn't always what you say, but also how you say it. As a matter of fact, if you look in the upper right-hand corner of the "post" box in this forum, you will see the letters "ABC" followed by a check mark. Guess what that is? Yes, it's spell-check. (You have to be posting or responding to a post to see it). I was amazed to read the posts made here where I can see that the people posting DO have a command of the English language and know the rules of proper punctuation. It was a pleasure to read through what was written here.

Good grammar, spelling, and punctuation are like the clothes you wear. How you write tells others about the quality of your character. Using bad grammar and incorrect spelling is the equivalent of wearing baggy pants that show a good portion of your boxers. People will think that you are trash because you don't take the time to present yourself in a positive manner. If you are unsure of your spelling before posting in a forum such as "Daily Diapers," simply type your post in a program that uses spell-check. Some programs such as Word will even suggest punctuation. Your message will have more impact if you are able to write in a manner that shows you actually know something. It isn't always what you say, but also how you say it. As a matter of fact, if you look in the upper right-hand corner of the "post" box in this forum, you will see the letters "ABC" followed by a check mark. Guess what that is? Yes, it's spell-check. (You have to be posting or responding to a post to see it). I was amazed to read the posts made here where I can see that the people posting DO have a command of the English language and know the rules of proper punctuation. It was a pleasure to read through what was written here.

The thing that pisses me off more then anything is i have not seen any of you Grammer Police say things to those that do all this baby talk in there posts.Here i make a few mistakes in my post and all holy hell breaks lose.If you look back i have not been doing posts for very long.I am trying my hardest to be a part of these forums.As you can see from the amount of posts and replys i have done in such a short time.IF i had known there was a spell check here i would have used it.So if you Grammar Police want to blast people do it to the ones who do all thair posts in baby talk.By the way i just tryed to use the spell check and it did not work.Now ansewer this one ?.In the reply i just did did i do anything wrong?.

The thing that pisses me off more then anything is i have not seen any of you Grammer Police say things to those that do all this baby talk in there posts.Here i make a few mistakes in my post and all holy hell breaks lose.If you look back i have not been doing posts for very long.I am trying my hardest to be a part of these forums.As you can see from the amount of posts and replys i have done in such a short time.IF i had known there was a spell check here i would have used it.So if you Grammar Police want to blast people do it to the ones who do all thair posts in baby talk.By the way i just tryed to use the spell check and it did not work.Now ansewer this one ?.In the reply i just did did i do anything wrong?.

Seriously, how many baby talk posts do you see? Be honest here. I haven't seen any for a good few months now, outside of the RP forum....

It's true that people under the age of 30 seem not to know what grammar is. I was talking to a friend of mine and commented that his grammar is terrible! His reply was, "Well, she's been sick but she's better now!"

It's true that people under the age of 30 seem not to know what grammar is. I was talking to a friend of mine and commented that his grammar is terrible! His reply was, "Well, she's been sick but she's better now!"

Please tell me that was a joke, that didn't actually happen. :o

In all honesty, outside of this thread, I really haven't seen much of either baby talk OR comments about other people's spelling and grammar. I don't recall making any such comments outside of this thread, either. Truth be told, I simply don't respond to gibberish, intended or otherwise: I just skip it. Your response above was reasonably understandable and presented little bother for me. However, as you have asked me to do so, please allow me to present your reply with corrections (including a couple for stylistic and logical consistency) in bold:

The thing that pisses me off more than anything is that I have not seen any of you Grammar Police say things to those that do all this baby talk in their posts. Here, I make a few mistakes in my post and all Holy Hell breaks loose. If you look back, you will find that I have not been doing posts for very long. I am trying my hardest to be a part of these forums, as you can see from the amount of posts and replies I have done in such a short time. IF I had known there was a spell check here, I would have used it. So if you Grammar Police want to blast people, do it to the ones who do all their posts in baby talk. By the way, I just tried to use the spell check and it did not work. Now answer this one: in the reply I just wrote, did I do anything wrong?

So tell me, my fellow Grammar Police, did I miss anything?

In all honesty, outside of this thread, I really haven't seen much of either baby talk OR comments about other people's spelling and grammar. I don't recall making any such comments outside of this thread, either. Truth be told, I simply don't respond to gibberish, intended or otherwise: I just skip it. Your response above was reasonably understandable and presented little bother for me. However, as you have asked me to do so, please allow me to present your reply with corrections (including a couple for stylistic and logical consistency) in bold:

The thing that pisses me off more than anything is that I have not seen any of you Grammar Police say things to those that do all this baby talk in their posts. Here, I make a few mistakes in my post and all Holy Hell breaks loose. If you look back, you will find that I have not been doing posts for very long. I am trying my hardest to be a part of these forums, as you can see from the amount of posts and replies I have done in such a short time. IF I had known there was a spell check here, I would have used it. So if you Grammar Police want to blast people, do it to the ones who do all their posts in baby talk. By the way, I just tried to use the spell check and it did not work. Now answer this one: in the reply I just wrote, did I do anything wrong?

So tell me, my fellow Grammar Police, did I miss anything?

Yes-the "i" after the colon near the end should have been capitalized :P

Not a Grammar Cop, just an Iambic Meter-Maid issuing Parsing Tickets B)

Bettypooh

Yer messin' with me...

Bugger all, the bloke sussed me! :rolleyes: Wot'll 'e think of me English now? :whistling:

Iff'n ya haddna wanted an ainser, why'd ya aisk? I'se jes tryin t'be nice and there ya go and jes gom it all up :P

Now Grammar Officer Snugglebug, what do those two dialects have in common? :lol: You're not going to let an Iambic Meter-Maid best you- or are you? B)

Bettypooh

Bugger all, the bloke sussed me! :rolleyes: Wot'll 'e think of me English now? :whistling:

Iff'n ya haddna wanted an ainser, why'd ya aisk? I'se jes tryin t'be nice and there ya go and jes gom it all up :P

Now Grammar Officer Snugglebug, what do those two dialects have in common? :lol: You're not going to let an Iambic Meter-Maid best you- or are you? B)

Bettypooh

Other than they're both UK?

Seriously, how many baby talk posts do you see? Be honest here. I haven't seen any for a good few months now, outside of the RP forum....

Writing "baby talk" is appropriate if that is the point you are trying to get across--that of someone speaking like a baby. That type of writing has its place, but it can get tedious to read if it goes on too long. Several years ago I published a novel that centered around a town in Texas. The first draft was written with the Texans speaking in their native dialect. I hated it. It was too hard to read, so I re-wrote it. Instead of writing phonetically, I described the characters in greater detail so that the reader would "assign" them a dialect as they read the book. I used some Texas dialect sparingly. It worked! The book was much easier to read because the reader could concentrate on the story and not on how to pronounce words as a Texan would, and then have to think about what was being said. I think the main message in the original post is to be considerate of the people that are going to read what you write. It doesn't have to be picture-perfect, but you should show that you put an effort into making the post understandable.

This is possibly one of the most offensive things I've read on this site :X

I apologize for any offense. Having taught (math) for many years, I observed any number of students who had not been taught grammar. It was not a reflection on younger people, but rather a lament over the fact that many, many schools seemed not to teach grammar. If you were a teacher and took offense because of that, it was a perceived generalization. I was actually pleased to see that grammar has not been lost.

"Well, she has been sick but she is all better now."

Is that correct?

Or

"Well, she's been sick but she's all better now?"

They're both the same. She's=she is."

The second one wasn't Scottish? (Hmmm... might be Irish) I'd have to actually hear it to place it.

Both are Southern- one is from the south UK and the second from the southern Appalachian mountains in the US ;) Notice the word "gom"? It wasn't a typo- that's an actual word commonly used in the parts just northwest of where I live B) eg: "He gommed thaings up but good" (meaning "He messed things up completely"). They also use the only word I know of with no vowels- "Yn's"- which is a contraction of the slang "you uns" (you ones) :D It's pronounced as spelled- yn's- and is used like: "Is yn's a-goin tutha squar daince yonder?" ( the letter "a" is often pronounced here as "ai", and square is pronounced "skwar").

Dialects here instantly tell locals if you are from around here or not. If you aren't, then we don't talk about kudzu, johnnycakes, or grits with you because we know you wouldn't understand :P Now if there was only an emoticon here with a battered straw hat and beard (with a moonshine still hidden in back) :lol:

Folks raised around here would drive a grammar cop to insanity or suicide :o

Bettypooh