LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing A Diaper To A Sleep Center

Thickndry

Just wondering about those places that treat snoring and sleep apnea. If you wear a diaper at night, would they think you were odd to wear one while you are being tested at one of those centers? Do they see lots of people in diapers in sleep centers?

I forgot to post this a few weeks ago. I went to one per my doctors advice. I think it was on Jan 21st. I was diapered (molicare super) when I went in. My room was extraordinarily huge! I had a full leather couch, and matching recliner. Plasma TV on the wall. Big spacious bathroom and shower...and huge bed that was pretty comfy. Haven't went back for the results, so don't know if they found out anything.

So anyway. My tech (kinda cute younger girl about 24 or so) Came back and forth a few times to check on me. Then at 10 or so at night she intercom'd my room to tell me that she would be coming in to prep me and that I should change into my night clothes. So I went into the bathroom..away from the camera :blush: and changed quickly. I put on a fresh Moli for the night, PJ bottoms, and a t-shirt. She came in a few minutes later and pulled a small chair to the middle of the room and had me set. She hooked up all the darn wires and junk and had me move over to the bed. I laid there while she ran a few tests on the equipment. Then she left the room. When I decided to think I could sleep. I comm'd her and turned out the lights she had me do a series of movements and stuff to test the gadgets and that was that.

She woke me up via intercom, and came in shortly after to remove the wires and stuff. I was wet but not overly so although I did make a bit more "rustle" I tried not to move to much. She never noticed and was extremely polite. I dressed and left. So there you have it..your privacy isn't compromised, she didn't have a clue and I didn't tell them either. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I don't know if they see a lot of people in diapers for a study, but I was one of them.

I did a study about a year ago and I mentioned to the doctor during the interview that I was having some nighttime concerns. She didn't react one way or another. At the last moment, before I left home, I decided that being discovered wearing diapers and plastic pants was better than having someone find out I wet my bed. So when the tech left me in my room to get ready for bed I diapered myself and told her I was ready for the prep. If she noticed anything, she never mentioned it.

Because I was sleeping in a strange bed, I woke several times during the night and had them stop the test so I could use the bathroom. I didn't wet that night but was still glad I decided to wear diapers. I won't be seeing those people ever again and my security was most important to me.

They are professionals, I'm sure they see a lot of things during their work. If you have to wear diapers, wear diapers. If diapers are recreational then you have to decide on comfort and desire vs embarrassment.

I have been to numerous sleep studies, I have been diapered each and everytime as I am incontinent. None have been rude or anything or even seemed to take much notice of my diapers except one time. I had fallen asleep and woke up wet and not just wet diaper wet bed major diaper leak a tape had popped and well I am sure you guys know what happens. Well I woke up and felt wet and they rang in and asked if everything was alright. I replied no I needed to get into the bathroom, the lady came in and realised what had happened and was very sympathetic she unhooked me and gave me a dry blanket to wrap around me to get into the bathroom. I went in got undressed and cleaned up dry diaper and realised I have nothing clothes wise to change into. I came out under blanket back to my room and she had changed my bedding. I climbed back into bed she came in to hook me back up and I told her I have no other clothing she said she would get me something she came back with a gown hospital style. I said I will just put my tshirt that i have for the morning which she said very nicely that it may be a better idea for the gown in case it happened again. I told here that usually never happens, she said yeah but if it is going to happen it will happen when I have nothing to go home in. So I put the gown on and she hooked me back up the whole while my diaper was clearly on display to her. She did say that she would not have my monitor up so anyone walking by would see me sleeping if I were to come uncovered. So even in the worst circumstances it went well. I actually just got an order for another one which I do not even think I am going to do unless the iwfe or Doctor keep badgering me about it.

I was a diapered sleep center guy as well. I put on my disp diaper with a stuffer in it and then went in for my study. I had my own room and thought everything would be fine. I crinkled a bit but my jeans kept everything quiet. Well I put my flannel sleep pants on over my diaper, in the bathroom, and crinkled my way threw the common area to my room. I am sure someone heard it but nothing was said. The nice lady hooking up my wires said that we had to run wires down my legs to check for restless leg syndrome. She started to grab for my waistband and run the wires down my legs. I "helped" her so she wouldn't get to see my diaper. When all was said and done I got into bed and eventually fell asleep. I woke up and my disp diaper had leaked a bit from the waist. (thats why I wear cloth) The bed had a small spot on it and it was obvious what had happened. After I was unhooked I took a shower, leaving my wet diaper in the trash there. I was called back that day for a retest because they didn't think I could stop breathing 98 times an hour. This time I was in a different room and I could feel the plastic mattress cover under me as I got into bed. I'm sure there are a lot of people with sleep issues that wear diapers there, heck it was one of the qualifying questions.

Don't be nervous, just wear and enjoy, they don't care.

Nothing to do with diapers (!), but if they give you a CPAP machine, USE IT! I went in for a sleep study last year and they found out I was waking up 52 times an hour. No wonder I was beat during the day. Since I got the machine I've not gone a night without using it...I even bring an extension cord so I can use it on the train.

Boy do I wish i had worn a diaper when i went into do a sleep study. in the middle of the night i woke up having to go the bathroom so bad that my bladder hurt. when i pushed the button for the nurse to come in he wasn't there. of course the room is so dark that i couldn't move. so finally the nurse shows up and i call him and i told him how bad i had to go. of course waiting for him to return i was swearing up a storm. i think they also record to see if you talk while sleeping. they heard alot coming out of my mouth.

Those of you that go in for a "sleep study" is this something that's paid? I know about CPAP machines and obviously people going in for their own reasons and all but sounds like some of you did it out of request to do so and for a paid study.

Anyway, like others have said, sure it's just part of the job for the employees to see people in diapers. Isn't it believed that 1 out of 100 people or so as adults still wet the bed? Either way, they probably have plastic under the sheets anyway for those who sweat or any body fluids just like at a hospital. You wouldn't believe doctors and nurses I know how unmoved they are by seeing parts of the body or what people are wearing like diapers. It doesn't even phase them after a while. Just a job.

Okay, time to share my worst incident ever.

Last April, I went in for a Sleep Study. They had trouble stabilizing my O2 stats after my surgery in June '08 when my intestine ruptured (diverticulitis). So I finally had the time to go in for a study. They hooked me up and I laid there playing my DS until I was tired enough to sleep. The tech woke me up at about 3am or so to put the C-PAP on me for the second half of the study. No big deal.

An hour or so later, I woke up. Something didn't feel right. I reached down and my colostomy bag was full. Like, it seemed ready to burst. I just gently touched it, which turned out to be the final straw - the seal couldn't take anymore and it popped off my skin barrier. It was completely liquid, and it had poured all over me and the bed. I tried to call for help, but had never tried to talk against air pressure going into my lungs and nothing really came out.

Of course, my readings were all over the place because I had woken up and now because I was in a panic. The tech came in and, well, the poor guy did the best he could. The smell was horrible. He got me some towels and I went to the bathroom to try to clean up as best as I could and have a little time to cry over the disaster. Meanwhile, the tech was changing the sheets in the bed, and I could here him doing his best to fight his stomach retching.

Finally I put a new bag on (didn't have a spare skin barrier for some reason) and laid down on the freshly cleaned bed to finish the study, since I only had a couple more hours to go.

I don't care if I'm stuck in diapers the rest of my life. It still beats the ostomy any day of the week. I thought being diapered would be more embarrassing, but I've had a much easier time since my reversal and need for diapers *fingers crossed*

The moral of the story? Don't worry about it. They've seen EVERYTHING.

I went for a sleep apnea test about 6 years ago. I never wore a diaper since I don't wear diapers to bed (except once in a while for fun). I couldn't get to sleep and when I'm like that even a little urge to pee will keep me from falling asleep. I think I got them to unhook me at least 6 times to go to the bathroom! I know if I had worn a diaper I never would have gotten to sleep at all.

I once knew a 'tech' who did the monitoring part, which took training in school to qualify for. She was an "Eeyore" kind of person, so keep that in mind here ;) She made no mention of diapers (nor did I) but did say that where she'd worked there were requirements for wearing hospital gowns. She said she couldn't stand wearing those (and I agreed) and how she believed that they caused many people to have sleeping problems they didn't normally have which made for more business :screwy: I imagine the gowns discouraged a lot of ABDL's from wearing :angry2: She mentioned a few sleepwalkers and bedwetters- and how she hated one guy who always pooped the bed :o She thought it was done on purpose but someone else got to do the cleanup- they had other people for that.

She wouldn't give details beyond that since the workers had to abide by the 'doctor's confidentiality' rule :blush: She said anyone caught breaking that rule would get blackballed from any further work, and that it was the most boring minimum-wage job a person could ever have :lol: So it would be my guess that a diaper would be OK if that's what you normally wore to bed; after all you're supposed to be sleeping normally for these tests if you can and if you were worried about wetting, that would skew the test results. If you do go in a diaper please show some class, and be courteous enough to wear enough diaper to protect their bedding B)

Bettypooh

d drew had a good question, is it paid or only upon request from a doctor and paid through insurance...if so i will totally sleep for money!

The sleep study is a overnight test for sleep problems such as sleep apnea and restless legs syndrome.

It is prescribed by your Doctor. I don't know how much it costs for the test as mine was paid by my insurance.

And yes I wore a diaper; I didn't want the chance of a problem. Tech never mentioned it, and may not have even known. I'm sure it wasn't the first or last time he saw someone in one.

But I wanna be a Dalek!!!

I love Doctor Who, watched it while growing up during the late 70s and through the 80s & 90s. I'm glad they brought it back.

I could most likely benefit from a sleep study, no matter what time I go to bed (9pm, 10pm, midnight) I still fully wake up between 2 and 3am, and fight to get back to sleep... But I don't have any medical coverage right now due to being unemployed for a solid year, so I won't be able to do that any time soon...

I love Doctor Who, watched it while growing up during the late 70s and through the 80s & 90s. I'm glad they brought it back.

I'm a Whovian too, but I have some sad news- I understand that the series has finally reached an end :crybaby:I hope someone from the other side of the pond can confirm otherwise- I'd love to be wrong on this one :huh: At least we will have it for awhile longer since PBS doesn't show the latest episodes- they buy the older ones because they're cheaper. But NC, SC, and Georgia PBS don't seem to have this on anymore :( I've even got a cloisonne Dalek pin (and no, it's not for sale :P) My last episode was over a year ago and I'm going into withdrawal :screwy:

Daleks, Tripods, Cybermen and the Tardis- Dr. Who was the longest-running Science Fiction series on TV ever :D

Bettypooh

For those worried about what the techs think of you in a diaper think about what else they see. The bedroom and some people sleeping are often not the most glamorous sights to see. If you really want to show a vulnerable side, sleep a room with somebody else. It can be pretty exposing. The hottest chick you've seen or even your hotty girlfriend maybe drooling and ripping ass all night and wake up looking like a train wreck smelling all nasty with bad breathe. Those that spend the nights with their partners know what I'm talking about. You'll see your partner in a little different light after going to bed and waking up with them in the morning. Keep in mind, these techs have probably seen it ALL and hardly a thing phases them anymore.

There are people who do a list of things during the study I'm sure like:

Break Wind

Belch

Snore like a chain saw

Drool

Sweat

Shout and talk in there sleep

Maybe make wierd gestures(while dreaming)

Sleep Walk

Suck their thumb

Wet the bed

Pooh the bed

Wear diapers

What your PJ's look like

Sleeping can expose many side of you you may not want revealed but just come out.

I'm a Whovian too, but I have some sad news- I understand that the series has finally reached an end :crybaby:I hope someone from the other side of the pond can confirm otherwise- I'd love to be wrong on this one :huh: At least we will have it for awhile longer since PBS doesn't show the latest episodes- they buy the older ones because they're cheaper. But NC, SC, and Georgia PBS don't seem to have this on anymore :( I've even got a cloisonne Dalek pin (and no, it's not for sale :P) My last episode was over a year ago and I'm going into withdrawal :screwy:

Daleks, Tripods, Cybermen and the Tardis- Dr. Who was the longest-running Science Fiction series on TV ever :D

Bettypooh

It was being shown by SyFy (formerly Sci-Fi) channel for a while, but the newest eps that I've seen were shown by the BBC America channel. Check with your cable or satellite company to see if you have that one.

I've found ALL episodes (including the new since 2005) since the first with Pertwee available for download via torrents, and have them all on my home network fileserver.

And it's not over yet... They just had a regeneration from # 10 (David Tennant) to # 11 (dunno his name).

And the meanies at the Beeb won't allow us Yanks to watch any video from their website... :badmood:

When you pay £120 a year for a tv license I'm sure they would :P. Failing that proxy :X

Also I suggest signing up for an account with UKnova.com British tele torrents, and usually as soon as they're broadcast :D.