LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Flying With Diapers In The Age Of The Panty Bomber

Oh boy, this'll be interesting: With the Xmas Day panty bomber attack, the TSA is going to be investigating anyone with "abnormal" underclothes. One could carry enough PETN explosive in an adult diaper to do some real damage.

Be warned if you're diapered and need to fly.

I tried going through with a Male Shield and was pulled aside - it had to be removed before I was allowed to continue. Fortunately there was a little store selling panty shields on the secure side, and the flight was short.

Otherwise I would have had a major problem without a doctor's note on me. I do have a prescription for adult diapers, but I never thought to carry it with me.

It sounds like the solution to this is to use cloth diapers with velcro fasteners. No pins to set off metal detectors or plastics to warrent further searches.

I have worn disposables many times on flights with out issues, but that might change now...damn terrorists anyways...

:P

I don't fly much but if they asked me to not wear a diaper I'd smile and inform them that I don't mind taking it off at all- just as long as they don't mind my soaking the seat they thought they'd already sold to the next passenger :D I'd dam* well do it even if I didn't have to just to show them how stupid they are. I'd note the details of the planes I had to piss on, then after getting home I'd blog all over the place about which airline, which plane, and which seat I had and what they forced me to do in it :crybaby: Betcha that airline couldn't sell that seat to anyone after that :PAnd since I was doing exactly what they told me to do, they'd have no grounds for seeking any redress :( but I sure would :ninja:

Always remember to be careful what you ask for because you just might get it!

Bettypooh

I would suggest: bring extra diapers. Then if they question you they can do the residue swab on the fresh diapers and you can remove the one you are wearing, and rediaper in the bathrooms on the secure side.

Just freaking great! One more tool that will make flying even more difficult for those who wear protection. I guess I would just let them swab the clean diapers and hand them the used diaper right after I change so they can swab that one too. If I started going during the side inspection it would be their mess to clean up. A few mop-n-bucket TSA brigades might slow the inspection potential.

I travel 40-50% of the time, and it will be interesting to see how they deal with me now. In the past, they have always been very courteous when they go through my backpack, keeping my supplies under cover. We'll see how they behave now.

I'm waiting for new2inc's next post. I fly at least 3 times a year and have done some grueling flights from one side of the planet to the other. TSA has tried to install microwave based full body scanners before, but ran against public concern for privacy and discretion. The Christmas Idiot gave them the green light to ignore public privacy in the greater interest of public safety. Now the TSA will soon be able to completely check you out.

Hmm, I think I can take off a wet one in the bathroom before security, get through security while my diaper bag gets xrayed and then put a fresh diaper on once on the gate side. I don't need the attention of a pat-down or having to explain/show that the atypical object in my pants is a diaper and not an explosive carrying device.

I hope that jerk got his junk burned off! Sorry for the rant all, but he deserves a long life of extreme punishment.

so for those of you who are going to fly and wear adult diapers, heres a real easy way to figure out whats in store

CALL THE TSA!!!!

go to their website, find teh information number and call and find out. Tell them you wear adult incontinence products and are worried about embarassing situations at security, and ask what the best course of action is for getting through. Inform them there is no other option for you, and you want to save everyone the embarassment.

Then follow their advice.

there problem solved, no more wondering whats gonna happen. Just call and find out.

also KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, read the american's with disabilities act, and the Airline Carrier Access Act, whic is like the ADA specifically for airlines...

• Like 1

As some of you know I am profoundly urinary incontinent and also a senior partner of my law firm

Early this morning I needed to fly to Seattle for a client conference. The plan is I will fly back tonight. Consequently I needed to pack a few more disposables than normal inside my checked bag. My carry-on briefcase holds a couple of spare Attends Breathable as well as my laptop.

The several TSA and airline folks were very nice. They did nothing to embarrass me or any reasonable person. Of course I am way beyond embarrassment about diapers. They did not order us to remain seated for the final hour. I think the Fasten Seat Belt sign and announcement happened about the same as usual, maybe 15 minutes before landing. No blankets or pillows were collected prior to landing.

Who knows what the return flight will be like tonight?

As some of you know I am profoundly urinary incontinent and also a senior partner of my law firm

Early this morning I needed to fly to Seattle for a client conference. The plan is I will fly back tonight. Consequently I needed to pack a few more disposables than normal inside my checked bag. My carry-on briefcase holds a couple of spare Attends Breathable as well as my laptop.

The several TSA and airline folks were very nice. They did nothing to embarrass me or any reasonable person. Of course I am way beyond embarrassment about diapers. They did not order us to remain seated for the final hour. I think the Fasten Seat Belt sign and announcement happened about the same as usual, maybe 15 minutes before landing. No blankets or pillows were collected prior to landing.

That's because you didn't fly out of country.

Funny how stupid that sounds but they are only requiring to remain seated last hour for international flights as if someone inside the country on a domestic flight couldn't/wouldn't do anything to harm someone. :rolleyes:

The quiet little secret is that the terrorist aren't very smart. It doesn't take much to thwart them now that we know they don't want money and can't be reasoned with. The real problem is the TSA and every other airport screening person is less inclined than the terrorist. After all, none of the TSA people are going to be on the flight, they are working!

Any half-hearted attempt I could come up with would totally bypass the current TSA measures and I came up with a new one just while writing this post.

Thankfully, the people that want to die are, by definition, not that intelligent and couldn't carry out a plan if their afterlife depended on it. Be thankful that the terrorist haven't started reading the drug smugglers play book!

Angela,

Please keep us all informed. My concern is the potential increased use of full body scanners for domestic flights. They have been extremely limited due to privacy concerns and now have a green light. It will take a while for them to get fielded, but when that happens the delays will be during the security screening between the terminal and the gates. One of the technologies is microwave based and will definately show a diaper and that may raise security questions and delays.

My next scheduled flight is in late January to Kansas and I'll let everyone know my experience at TPA. Each departure airport will be different until they all have the same equipment.

Aloha,

Honu

At what point do you think the gov't will stop with all the "knee-jerk reactions" with air travel? When will they realize they can't stop everything from happening. At what cost will this be to the travelers? Cost vs. Convenience, we have to draw the line somewhere. Half of what a terrorist wants is to instill fear in the population and create the attention they're getting. They always seem to "win" in some way or another. For all we know, the bomb really wasn't even suppose to go off but just create the mess it has alredy created since that day.

I find it interesting how these "knee-jerk reactions" only really seem to apply when it has to do with air travel. A dozen people can die on the same strech of road over a year, yet no improvement to the stretch of road will be done or it takes years/decades to do. Bus drivers can and have had underlying medical conditions causing them to take a bus load of people off a cliff killing or injuring dozens yet the licensing requirements of bus drivers won't get changed for years/decades. However, because the mortality totals of a potential airline accident can be much larger in each sinle incident, the gov't can make airline changes happen overnight. To me it's like, never mind the fact a thousand people in a hundred smaller bus accidents can be killed because of bombs, operators, malfunctions, etc. we don't have to take any immediate action there since death totals per incident are small, but just the simple threat of something happening with an airline, no deaths, gets immediate action. IT'S F-D UP!

The one thing that you'll don't take into account is that is the ADA ( Americans with disability act) protects us from being discriminated ageist so just bring that up and they will have to be deceit.

Thought I have never and will never fly on an airliner. I have family in the biss so. If I am not behind the controls i don't fly...

Wethills19

Is Incontinence a Disablility

What does the DDA state on Continence?

Your bladder and or bowel dysfunction must have a substantial adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities to be covered.

Sorry, but most of you will likely not be covered under the Disability Discrimination Act.

Case Law on Incontinence and Discrimination

One of the biggest points of this case is even though she may have been incontinent, she is not covered under the ADA because "reasonable accomidations" were provided and she was not "substantially limited" by here condition.

In effect, I will bet that the mass majority of simply incontinent individuals are in no way protected by the ADA as it is not a serverly impairing disability and is almost hardly even recognized as being a major disability. For most, there's an easy solution to the problem, different undergarments. No business is required to accomidate you needing anything more then a continent person has. There's no special trash pail for adult diapers, no changing table, no wipes, no nothing. Not like a wheelchair disability where ramps, doors, handles, counter heights, etc have to be modified to accomidate an individual. An hour of not being able to use the bathroom or getting out of your seat would be considered a reasonable amount of time to require people to do this. If you are unable to, then it falls back on you. You would be paying for the clean-up in the seat if you made a mess. They wouldn't have made it there "new rule" if it violated there own other laws.

If you think you have the right to do everything just because you're disabled or in this case, incontinent, you're wrong. What about a person who has a disablility that requires numerous machines to keep them around. They likely would not be able to fly as the airline would only be required to accomidate people within reason in this case. You can't just take a person on life support on a commercial airline and expect them to accomidate all your needs, it's not "reasonable". A disabled person, CAN be turned away, believe it! A jury of twelve or a judge will likely agree that 1 hour is considered a reasonable amount of time to make someone wait to use a restroom.

Good luck trying to make a case guys. Not gonna happen. A lot of you are confused about your "rights". You probably have less then you think.

On a side note, I'm a 6'2" solid built, husky 260lbs guy with a size 15 shoe that has been turned away on several things because of my size. A lot of theme park rides, don't accomidate my height, broad shoulders, weight restrictions, etc. so I can't participate with even the guy in the wheelchair who's being accomidated. I've gone bowling, skating, snowboarding, where they didn't have a size shoe to put me in. A disable person was often accomidated in some of these situations. I realize, I can't expect everyone to accomidate a giant like me and really, to me, I'm not even that tall. I'm pretty proportional compared to a lot of people, 36" waist. My size and height doesn't qualify as disabled so there's no requirment to accomidate me either. Just the way it is and I accepted that along time ago.

I fly on a pretty regular basis, and I ALWAYS bring extra diapers in a carry on, and I have never had any issues. The worse case is that you will have to remove your diaper if they pull you to the side, and if so, simply put on a new one.

I have noticed that it is better to NOT use any powders as it can set off the monitor (sniffer one), but other than that they see it every day. They always see my diapers in my carry on, and I have NEVER even had them really make eye contact with me once they realize what they are, it is as if they are the ones that are embarrassed...lol.

At the airport I live by, they open your bag and check for bomb/gunpowder residue. This may not seem all that bad, but they check you in a very public setting... It's funny to me, because I've been through customs and had less thorough checks of my luggage. Kinda scary if you think about it... especially after what just happened this xmas.

The quiet little secret is that the terrorist aren't very smart. It doesn't take much to thwart them now that we know they don't want money and can't be reasoned with. The real problem is the TSA and every other airport screening person is less inclined than the terrorist. After all, none of the TSA people are going to be on the flight, they are working!

Any half-hearted attempt I could come up with would totally bypass the current TSA measures and I came up with a new one just while writing this post.

Thankfully, the people that want to die are, by definition, not that intelligent and couldn't carry out a plan if their afterlife depended on it. Be thankful that the terrorist haven't started reading the drug smugglers play book!

I’m disappointed by this response by BoTox, for some reason I expected more of an intelligent response.

Terrorists may not be that smart, but smart enough to cause consistent damage and loss of life. If any are lacking, it is the security forces, they often claim, in retrospect that they were aware of the individual but failed to take any action, not very reassuring for any of us.

The lure of the after life may be an incentive but Christmas parties must be lonely and the post event support groups won’t be that well attended LOL.

As for the inconvenience to DL travellers, well personally as it is a lifestyle choice I have little sympathy. However I do have immense sympathy for the genuinely incontinent. Will the airlines have specially trained staff to deal with those who have indwelling catheters, convenes, colostomy bags and those who genuinely need to wear “diapers

I find it funny that you make that comment and then go on to make most of my points. Who would build a device that fails substantially more times than it works? These are the actions of desperate people that should be easily identified, easily thwarted and quickly dealt with. The TSA is NOT the solution, as proved by hapless bombers twice that we know of. You want to stop terrorist bombers? Put an Israeli style airport security system in place. Stop these people before they ever even get near an airport!

I've very passionate about the whole "security for freedom" trade. Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who would trade essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I fear the current government has read every single thing the founding fathers wrote and systemically used it as an anti-template to destroy this country.

In closing, I leave the quote from Samuel Adams, who was a great statesman despite having a beer named after him, "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

I’m disappointed by this response by BoTox, for some reason I expected more of an intelligent response.

Terrorists may not be that smart, but smart enough to cause consistent damage and loss of life. If any are lacking, it is the security forces, they often claim, in retrospect that they were aware of the individual but failed to take any action, not very reassuring for any of us.

The lure of the after life may be an incentive but Christmas parties must be lonely and the post event support groups won’t be that well attended LOL.

• Like 1

I will be flying again later this month, as will my father in law. I'm IC, he had a full urostomy years ago and pees into a bag held below his beltline. I'm just going down the coast, he is flying trans-pac (HI). I don't forsee any real issues with TSA, but I have been wrong before...

I will be flying again later this month, as will my father in law. I'm IC, he had a full urostomy years ago and pees into a bag held below his beltline. I'm just going down the coast, he is flying trans-pac (HI). I don't forsee any real issues with TSA, but I have been wrong before...

Both are domestic flights and so won't be subject to the new 'rules'.

I find it funny that you make that comment and then go on to make most of my points. Who would build a device that fails substantially more times than it works? These are the actions of desperate people that should be easily identified, easily thwarted and quickly dealt with. The TSA is NOT the solution, as proved by hapless bombers twice that we know of. You want to stop terrorist bombers? Put an Israeli style airport security system in place. Stop these people before they ever even get near an airport!

I've very passionate about the whole "security for freedom" trade. Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who would trade essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I fear the current government has read every single thing the founding fathers wrote and systemically used it as an anti-template to destroy this country.

In closing, I leave the quote from Samuel Adams, who was a great statesman despite having a beer named after him, "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

This thread needed more of BoTox's post.