LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence And Becoming A Dl......

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 1997 that left me with complete bladder & partial bowel incontinence. I underwent 7 operations including one on my spinal cord, and after it was all said and done I still leaked.

Even on the medications, I would still leak, so that meant I would still have to wear some type of protection, because one medication would work for the bladder, but not the bowels. I was even on Neurotin to help the nerves heal faster.

After several public accidents, diapers became my best friend. They gave me the confidence to go out, and do what I used to do. I get so irritated when people talk about having to wear diapers in public...huh, what's better wearing protection or having accidents?!!!

Prior to my accident I knew nothing about dl's or ab's, but after doing research on the net I found out all about them. I can honestly say that I love my diapers, because they have given my my freedom back. Yeah, having to change all the time totally sucks, but having accidents are way worse.....

After wearing diapers for years, you feel completely naked not having one on.

Am I the only one that became a dl through incontinence?

No not at all, I'm a D/L and have had incontinence (urinary) over six years, I think that wearing and enjoying

diapers is far preferable to being upset and depressed about having to wear them.

Am I the only one that became a dl through incontinence?

I didn't get interested in the AB/DL lifestyle until I was in my 50s. I've always been a DL, but the AB yearnings weren't there before. I've worn diapers since I was 12, so go figure!

Well I have been in diapers at night until 19 and then full time after that due to incontinence. About three years ago I was at my urologist and the nurse changed my diaper which was humiliating and freeing! I was so humiliated to have this 20 year old beautiful nurse changing and she was not disgusted and actually almost insisted to do it, after that I started having dreams about being babied. It was so weird for me I mean I had always ahd diapers around me and on me and now at 34 years olds have these new feelings. Since then I have been an adult baby.

Wayne

My incontinence developed as an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. The need to start wearing diapers just as I was starting high school was an extremely traumatic experience. However, I quickly discovered an erotic side of diapers. Waking up in a wet diaper as a horny teenager is an excellent way to discover the pleasure of diaper masturbation. So for a while i had a psychological conflict between enjoying the diapers and feeling guilty and ashamed of having to wear them and especially ashamed and guilty about secretly enjoying them. However, I gradually got over the shame and guilt, accepted the fact that I needed a diaper to keep my pants dry, and decided that enjoying my diapers was OK. Eventually, when the internet arrived, I discovered that there are lots of other people who enjoy diapers, many of whom don't need them because of incontinence.

Well I have been in diapers at night until 19 and then full time after that due to incontinence. About three years ago I was at my urologist and the nurse changed my diaper which was humiliating and freeing! I was so humiliated to have this 20 year old beautiful nurse changing and she was not disgusted and actually almost insisted to do it, after that I started having dreams about being babied. It was so weird for me I mean I had always ahd diapers around me and on me and now at 34 years olds have these new feelings. Since then I have been an adult baby.

Wayne

Did the nurse know you needed to be changed? did she check your diaper first or ask you?

I became an AB after being completely urinary incontinence for 8 yrs now. after a motorcycle wreck, Before this i was a bed wetter, so wearing diapers i was used to doing. then it became full time. witch i didnt like at first. but now. i love it. when i shower and pee i feel naked and cant wait to have my diaper back on. then i meet my wife. at the time we was dating at first i didnt tell her i had the medical problem untill one day i started to leak. from not changing into a fresh diaper. and thats when i told her. she was ok with it and didnt run off like the others. then as i felt more trust over her i told her more of my darklife. not only did i pee in diapers. but some times when i feel lazy i like to poop in them too and feel like a baby. with that she had asked if thats what you like to do then its ok. then after two yrs of being with her, we found out she cant get pregnet. so i started to play as her big baby. and now i live to lives when out and about im her husban, at home im her baby boy of say an age of 2 - 3 thats still in diapers, and I have been on a new diet of home made baby style foods, and home made low iron baby formula. lets just say I know poop like a baby. but i still have control over on when and where i will poop my self.

I wouldnt change a thing. other then make my self smaller. so my wife/mommy can carry me on her hip or push me around in a stroller.

Wayne

Everytime I see the urologist either she will gently pull down the front of my diaper to do that "ultra-sound" thing, or she will ask me to remove my diaper and she steps out for about 30 seconds. My only issue is when I am soaked, so I always get to my appointments early so I can do a quick change so I am not completely wet.

They have seen it all, and to them we are just another patient.

babytommy, when you said "she was ok with it and didn't run off like the others." I wonder how many others went thru the same nightmare and even wished they were 'normal' just from the feelings of knowing you may be alone for a loooong time before finding someone who is accepting. I had that feeling and the depression that came with it for years. Then, unexpectedly I found someone who 'didn't mind it' and even understood my AB side. They are out there and you may be surprised who it is that accepts it. I was :)

dl247, "They have seen it all, and to them we are just another patient." - amen, it's hard the first few times and each time you have to deal with another new unit but after a while it's just "eh, what the heck...." an do it. It is really exciting when you get changed tho :):) I just wish it would happen more often rather than being handed one.

I was laying back to be examined when she saw the diaper and noticed i was wet.

Did the nurse know you needed to be changed? did she check your diaper first or ask you?

Everytime I see the urologist either she will gently pull down the front of my diaper to do that "ultra-sound" thing, or she will ask me to remove my diaper and she steps out for about 30 seconds. My only issue is when I am soaked, so I always get to my appointments early so I can do a quick change so I am not completely wet.

They have seen it all, and to them we are just another patient.

Have you ever thought to just change your diaper while you are in the exam room? instead of doing it before. I had a vasectomy done about a year ago on Halloween. I was given a drug to help me calm down. I went there with my sleeper on and my diaper. By the time things started, she helped me off with my sleeper and then my rather wet diaper and shaved me. The procedure was done and then the same nurse that helped me out of my diaper put one of my bambino diapers back on me, then my sleeper to. Even though I was "out of it" I still have the memory.

I fell about 10-12 meters from a cliff in Nov. 1991. I have been incontinent ever since, nerve damage, I do not feel an urge to go, I just do. I have been wearing diapers ever since, 18 years now. I discovered very soon after the fall, that I did in fact like wearing diapers. In fact, for years I had more difficulty dealing with the fact that I liked wearing diapers, that the fact that I had to wear them! It took me a long time to accept the fact that I am a diaper lover. Incontinence can lead to the desire to wear diapers, I don't know if it is because the alternative is wet pants or not, but I do wish that I did not have to wear them 24-7.

I went to my normal doctor the other day. and when she was checking my breathing and noticed i had a small wetspot on my one side. she told me if i needed to change my diaper. I said i should be ok. she went on checking me then the wet spot got bigger. she asked again i told her i didnt have my stuff. she then left the room. and came back with a diapers, wipes, and cream. she then said drop them. and lay down. she then changed my very wet diaper. rolled it up and thrown it out. like a pro. i then found out she has four kids. and i kinda was shocked when she said that she was sorry. but she wanted me to get changed fast so she could finish up with my exam. all is well and i loved it.

I don't know about the others, but like ^2duck, I'm a DL and not really incon. As he wrote, all ya'll are welcome - E Como Mai! What he didn't write but I want to is that I started life as a bedwetter and was into my early teens. I both wanted diapers to relieve me of the blame and to get past it. During my early school years, I made a mental connection between the relief I desired from diapers with attention from a girl putting me in them. So for me, a big part of being a DL is that diapers are associated with my attraction to women.

While I did, for a while, get over the bed wetting, but not the desire for a woman my age to put me in diapers. Now I'm married to a woman who is AB/LG and we both stay diapered. We diaper each other every night and take care of our own diaper changes during the day.

There is no problem with liking the comfort, confidence and security that diapers give you when you have no control over your secretions. That is exactly what drove me to want diapers in my youth. Because that happened at a critical time for me, diapers also excite me and that is why I consider myself a DL.

I hope my story helps you understand me and those like me and yet leaving you feeling accepted and connected with us.

Aloha,

Honu

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever thought to just change your diaper while you are in the exam room? instead of doing it before. I had a vasectomy done about a year ago on Halloween. I was given a drug to help me calm down. I went there with my sleeper on and my diaper. By the time things started, she helped me off with my sleeper and then my rather wet diaper and shaved me. The procedure was done and then the same nurse that helped me out of my diaper put one of my bambino diapers back on me, then my sleeper to. Even though I was "out of it" I still have the memory.

The only time I will diaper myself is if the Urologist removes my diaper, but usually they ask me to remove it, or they simply remove the tapes and pull the front down and leave it partially on.

As far as being changed, I HATE having anybody change me, I had it done so many times after my accident that it makes me remember all the times it was to loose, or worse usually way to tight.

My biggest concern is that I am as dry as possible when I am seen, that is why I always change minutes before my appointment.

My incontinence developed as an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. The need to start wearing diapers just as I was starting high school was an extremely traumatic experience. However, I quickly discovered an erotic side of diapers. Waking up in a wet diaper as a horny teenager is an excellent way to discover the pleasure of diaper masturbation. So for a while i had a psychological conflict between enjoying the diapers and feeling guilty and ashamed of having to wear them and especially ashamed and guilty about secretly enjoying them. However, I gradually got over the shame and guilt, accepted the fact that I needed a diaper to keep my pants dry, and decided that enjoying my diapers was OK. Eventually, when the internet arrived, I discovered that there are lots of other people who enjoy diapers, many of whom don't need them because of incontinence.

My story almost completely mirrors yours except i have always had urinary issues, it was not until i was 12 that i made a conscience choice to begin wearing diapers again as I was completely sick of wet/soaked sheets at night and damp underwear during the day. i was a DL almost the first night. I didnt need complete diaper protection in the daytime until I was 24 years old but going to high school wearing pads and the ocassional small leak was bad enough. Now I have been wearing 24/7 for 10 years and almost never regret my condition or the extra things an incon person must deal with. and yes at first you have strong mental conflicts how can I enjoy my diapers but after time you realise that you enjoy your diapers because they provide the abilty to live a life and since they mean so much for your life in every aspect its natural to have more feelings associated with them. Like anything it is important to not allow any one thing rule your life as that will lead to a destruction of every thing else.

at first you have strong mental conflicts how can I enjoy my diapers but after time you realise that you enjoy your diapers because they provide the abilty to live a life and since they mean so much for your life in every aspect its natural to have more feelings associated with them.

Now that is one of the best insites I have ever read! Yes, a person may be incontinent with not much choice other than to wear diapers, but the fact that diapers gives that person back his or her freedom to do just about everything they did before would make a natural feeling of greatfulness towards the diapers and even enjoyment in wearing them.

I did it backwards I guess :P I came to grips being a DL then my UI, SI, OAB problems unexpectedly jumped ahead to where I had expected them to be at least 10 years further down my life's path :( I don't wear constantly, just mostly. Since this is all still kind of new to me at this depth I am still discovering things but the good people here have helped immensely :wub: and I am grateful for that :)

And one should never let a negative remain unchallenged- either overcome it or turn it into a positive or both. In a lemon-filled life I make lots of lemonade :P

Bettypooh

Betty, I'm with you.

I have been a DL for over 40 years, it's only during the last 15 months that I have developed a need for diapers at night. And since I started working from home the convenience of daytime diapers has increased. I now spend many more hours of the day in diapers than out of diapers.

I really enjoy wearing diapers but it also nice to take a break once in a while. As I close in on the big 6-0 I'm not so concerned anymore with what others may think. I know the sands in my hour glass are thinning and I want to enjoy being who I am.

Betty, I'm with you.

I have been a DL for over 40 years, it's only during the last 15 months that I have developed a need for diapers at night. And since I started working from home the convenience of daytime diapers has increased. I now spend many more hours of the day in diapers than out of diapers.

I really enjoy wearing diapers but it also nice to take a break once in a while. As I close in on the big 6-0 I'm not so concerned anymore with what others may think. I know the sands in my hour glass are thinning and I want to enjoy being who I am.

In my case the longest I go "un-diapered" is when I step out of the shower, and brush my teeth, but even then I catch hell if I leak on the cabinet doors....LOL!

I am not sure I am to the point of liking to wear yet, I may get there in due time. But have to agree that when needed they can reduce the stress level when I dont make it to the bathroom. I have had many accidents from not knowing that I needed to go untill it was right now ! or it was tooo late to find out. I have even tried using the bathroom more often but that still does not help. At the end of a date with a gal, she brought it up on how many times I had used the restroom for the evening. That was embarrasing and that kinda made the point that I needed protection to have some control. Dating is not very fun right now. And now I am tring for employment its been over 2 years out of work and very nervous about the issue of protection and dealing with it in a job setting. So I came to this site for more information and ideas on coping with some of the issues I am dealing with

• Like 1

I am not sure I am to the point of liking to wear yet, I may get there in due time. But have to agree that when needed they can reduce the stress level when I dont make it to the bathroom. I have had many accidents from not knowing that I needed to go untill it was right now ! or it was tooo late to find out. I have even tried using the bathroom more often but that still does not help. At the end of a date with a gal, she brought it up on how many times I had used the restroom for the evening. That was embarrasing and that kinda made the point that I needed protection to have some control. Dating is not very fun right now. And now I am tring for employment its been over 2 years out of work and very nervous about the issue of protection and dealing with it in a job setting. So I came to this site for more information and ideas on coping with some of the issues I am dealing with

Incontinence is an issue to be dealt with but how much it affects your life is largely up to you. As you can see many here lead normal lives and other than occasional problems we work things out somehow ;) If you find an ABDL aspect to it then fine- and if not that's just as fine :) Don't let life's problems get you down and don't feel bad about things you can't control- just deal with them the best you can and go on knowing that you're worth the effort B)

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...

i have noticed that for some people it is almost natural they become a dl or ab due to incontinence. personally i think its great to do that because it makes life a bit easier to jsut enjoy your situation than hate it. i was lucky enough to be a dl before my bedwetting and day accidents started back up.