LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Do You Feel About People Wanting To Be Incontinent?

I don't really care either way. However, most people who say they wish to "be incontinent" are really saying "I wish I had an excuse to just wear diapers all the time."

I have issues with incontinence, but I could get by with a pad or something. I choose diapers simply because I don't want to deal with having a bad accident that the pad can't contain. I also like it, but that's just how it is.

What I've found is that it takes courage to be able to live your life and be diapered. It takes courage to be able to walk into a public restroom and change your diaper. It takes courage to be able to still hold your head up in a society that looks at you as somehow defective. If you are looking for "an excuse," you probably don't have what it takes.

If you do have the courage, why do you need an excuse to wear diapers? Just do it if that's what you want.

And we have a winner! :Crylol: This is very much along my lines of thought, and much my own story too :rolleyes: I am bold because I've found that it alone is usually enough to give me the 'win'- but whatever you call it, it's simply a choice of doing what you want to knowing that wanting alone is reason enough :D Don't seek excuses or justification- you don't need them and they are just places to hide :o Seek reasons to go ahead then do it ;)

Bettypooh

Way back in 1990, when I was getting depressed, not so much because of my urinary incontinence, by all the effort and planning needed so I had enough of the appropriate diapers where they were needed.

Then my youngest sister, Missy, who has even less bladder control than me, started telling me about adults willing to pay for lessons to wet so in their minds wearing diapers was justified. As soon as Missy spoke the magic words "Adult Babies" I was hooked.

It delights me that so many nice folks enjoy diapers. My advice is to hold on to your control, since there is no law requiring you to wet to justify your diapers.

No way am I harmed because someone else wants to become incontinent.

Of course it can be frustrating when a person who wears for emotional need intrudes on a discussion of medical aspects of incontinence, often trying to fake a diagnosis. None of that is necessary to be accepted as an AB or DL.

Of course it can be frustrating when a person who wears for emotional need intrudes on a discussion of medical aspects of incontinence, often trying to fake a diagnosis. None of that is necessary to be accepted as an AB or DL.

Angela, I don't really think that you should take it to heart when someone else feels the need to validate a need or an emotional dependency.

It is human nature to protect oneself. If this involves a deep seated wish to wear and use diapers, there is a emotional need for diapers, and the medical definition for incontinence and resultant prescription of diapers would not occur. This does not state that the person in question does not need diapers, but most medical doctors would not chose this as a cure. In a case like this, it is the psychological state of the person in question that should be addressed. The surrounding need to validate the purchase and use of diapers is the need to conform to social norms - ie if one has no bladder/bowel control, it is ok to use protection and accept help and concern from others due to the physical lack of control.

When a person choses to wear diapers, the core reason is not important. That person NEEDS them to complete and sate a need be it an inability to control bladder/bowels, OR a mental need, in my opinion, we here should completely accept them, and their choice.

Well, I must be one of the crazy ones because I've always wanted to be incontinent for as long as I remember. "Loosing" control may take some adjusting to but it's the best thing to gain. I've tried nearly everything under the sun and let me tell you "just letting it always happen" doesn't necessarily lead to full incontinence in just 12 months (of course getting into a car accident that leads to full blown and painful urge incontinence didn't help either- careful what you wish for all right).

Yeah; it takes real dedication and courage to become fully incontinent but I'm finally there. I've been in diapers 24/7/365 for 15 years now and even when I didn't want them quite literally forced onto me, they had still brought me great happiness. I had since rekindled an old flame when talking to her about my long love for diapers (we're happily married 8 years now), met my still best friend through DPF (Tommy you are missed), and I can't count how many times I've reduced my daily stress by relaxing in a (nice & wet) diaper. To quote another Tommy "Sure I gets dipee rashes too, but they don bothers me".

:smiley-baby-boy: I think most AB/DLs have thought about it at one time or another. I know I have off & on. After moving out on my own I wore 24/7 for awhile (still using the potty at times)& descided it wasnot for me. For me it took the thrill of wearing away. I'm not condeming anyone for their choice; I applaud them for being able to deal with it all. I could deal with it if I had to. Being an AB/DL would help me in that case too I feel.

I usually wear diapers a few days out of the month when I feel the urge..

I have Bi Polar disorder that basically just makes me just "act weird" sometimes.

But I would not want to become actually incontinent.

I feel like it's kind of an insult to those who have no actual control.

I would expect there are times, incontinent individuals would like to have a choice.

Sure I have fantasies about being a baby and being incontinent would be one of them but there is more to life than that. Such as getting high, getting drunk, strip clubs, swimming, kicking bqack with friends watching true blood etc. Point being I think a lot of people wish to be helpless and cared for at times when we're feeling down or when ever but I think you'd be pretty nuts to attempt it on a serious level. It seems like such a fucking hassal why go through with it. It just boggles my mind why people would be commuted to destroying their lives. Its just like somebody saying they wished they were blind or half blind like myself it just sounds stupid. People should just stick to rp and just have fun with pretending to be babies. Life's too big and vast to waste staying in the past.

In all honesty, as someone who's taking pills to make myself grow breasts and is planning on having my testicles amputated and my penis inverted, not to mention the various legal hoops, I find someone making themselves incontinent to be rather tame.

been wearing for a week short of 3 months now.. I had been playing with the fantasy for years of being incontinent and whatnot .. and had plenty of attempts where i didn't go past 1 week of wearing. What has changed this time? I decided to stop worrying about it. I wear them, its comfortable and convenient. I decided to pay attention about bowel incontinence however, because i found out really quick that its indiscreet and offending to others (not by experience mind you, it just became really obvious that i did NOT want to have a #2 accidents all the time in front of people) however I have had #2 accidents before I even began to wear 24/7.

Before I started wearing, I had real trouble with my #2 frequency.. i would spend hours every day on the toilet from constipation or the runs.. then i put diapers on and everything seems regulated. I go to the toilet 4-6 times a day to change instead of an average of 12 times. I'm more regular. For me, thats a great advantage. Ive come to a point where I know when i'll have to go, so i can manage that very well, im not at the mercy of my digestive track anymore.

as for peeing, i wet at night without waking up, it feels great. Its hard to explain, but waking up in a very wet diaper knowing that i had to really pee a lot to get to that point (compared to how much id have to pee during the day to achieve the same condition) feels good. My wife thinks im cute. she loves it. I love it as well.

Whatever happens happens, i dont worry. I know the people in my house have seen my bed pads.. and sometimes my diapers sticking out my jeans.. and possibly my plastic pants hanging out in my bathroom. nobody said anything. nobody cares. In the end, its my business, and i'm getting better health because of it. since i started wearing diapers i lost 25 lbs because i'm regular.

• Like 1

They want what they want, its their life and their choice to make <_< . Sure they might think that the grass is much greener on the other side but its only seems so. I myself fantasized about being incontinent, well nothing wrong about fantasizing ;) . I just wanted to be incontinent so that I wouldn't be so embarrassed about wearing diapers, you know like something to tell people why I wear them. I guess I would have done it for all the wrong reasons. To hell with everyone else "I'M AN AB AND I'M PROUD OF IT." I don't need to hide it over some reasons like incontinent, I'm happy just the way I am. But like everyone had said, if you become incontinent you wont have a choice anymore, you will be forced to wear them forever :( . I don't want that, I love diapers as much as the next guy/gal but still its not worth it. :)

Ok Ive had to wear 24/7 now for just over 5 years following a stroke and on and off during the day and at night time scince the age of 13 as a result of an overactive bladder. As a trully incontinent person ? as Ive said before, those who think or assume its a fun and games and life is a bed of roses from it are very much mistaken !.

I never needed, asked and certainly never wanted to be incontinent, but thats what life has thrown my way !. It can be depressing, embarassing and degrading having to wear nappies all the time, having to wear thick crinkly underwear that people may be able to see the outline of or hear, to be out enjoying a day out in the countryside or in town or whatever then have to endure the embarrasment that you may have to walk home in a full, wet and squelchy nappy with no warnings of the inevitable happening and preying to god when it does happen that the protection youre wearing will cope with it all and not let you down and shed further embarrasment by leaking and revealing to the world for all to see your "dirty deed". Lets face it, being incontinent can be a pain in the ass !, but ! would I change the way I am as a person because of it ? no !. Ive accepted my need to wear, ok yeah at times it gets me down and I wish I didnt have to or would love that 24 hours or longer without having to wear a nappy but I know thats not gonna happen.

So I guess as they say like so many in my situation Ive done what they do and when life hands you lemons ? Make lemonade ! :)

For those who want to be incontinent, Im not gonna sit here and lecture you on the ups and downs of it all, it your choice at the end of the day, but think long and hard before you do anything detrimental, you dont have to be incontinent to justify wearing nappies etc... just do so !!. Once youve got incontinence ? in most cases thats it for life ! theres no U turns or going back, that is that ! you will have to accept that you will like me and others have wet and/or dirty nappies in places that sometimes it is not convenient to do so or change and may have to stay that way for a period of time until circumstances allow you to get changed and cleaned up.

On the plus side as Ive said here before now, I never have to use some smelly urinal or public convenience ! so there are some upsides to having undies that are thicker and crinkle !!

Just my 2 cents worth on the topic

Inco :)

I think social acceptance is a huge part of it. I wouldn't phrase it so much as an excuse, as a justification to people that would otherwise think what they normally do of ABDLs; creepy.

That said, anyone who wears diapers routinely 24/7 has lost some amount of bladder control. In the times I've gone 24/7, it's much harder to hold anything close to what I could hold during periods that I didn't wear diapers.

Defining incontinence is a big part of it as well. Do ABDLs want to be 100% incontinent? I don't think so. However, I think the more you move away from that... the more ABDLs would genuinely want the trade-off.

Seriously, how many ABDLs would be set free from the emotional stresses of hiding diapers and relationship issues if they were genuinely bedwetters?

Defining incontinence is a big part of it as well. Do ABDLs want to be 100% incontinent? I don't think so. However, I think the more you move away from that... the more ABDLs would genuinely want the trade-off.

That's the thing is the definition. Incontinence is a malfunction of the system. That's not what it is for babies or toddlers -- for the most part they'll feel it coming, but lack the muscle tone and muscle memory to hold it. That's why it's called toilet "training" -- they're not suddenly getting feelings, they're being trained on what to do when they need to go.

What ABDLs are talking about is not a malfunction of their bodies. They are wishing they weren't trained. Big difference. I lack the muscle tone and training to be a linebacker in the NFL, but that doesn't mean that there's something wrong with my arms and legs.

They need a life or a long conversation with someone who is incontinent

To elaborate for the sake of clarity: The same as I would think about anyone who wanted to go from one state of functionality to a lower one. Whether it would be wanting to go from 20/20 eyesight to being half-blind in one eye and totally blind in the other or who wanted to go from a state of full limb function to being semi-paraplegic or semi-quadraplegicc. in short: Sick Puppy

The fact that this question is being asked is cause for concern

• Like 1

... in short: Sick Puppy

So a grown man dressing and acting like a little girl isn't wrong, but wanting to lose bladder control is?

What ever happened to "live and let live"? As long as they aren't hurting anybody I don't see the harm in it. It is their life, it is their body. Let them make the choices and live with it.

"Judge not, that ye not be judged."

• Like 2

Kindly understnad what I am saying. I am saying that this is a case of wishing to be PHYSICALLY DISABLED!!! Am I to believe that you think that a little girl is by nature PHYSICALLY DISABLED? Because that is exactly what your statement implies

It is one thing to play a part and another to wish for the actuality.

As far as "not hurting anyone", it seems to me that the persons who do this are making light of what the presons who live with the actual condition do not think is fun. So it must bother them to be told that their condition is peachy keen

As far as "Judge not that ye be not Judged". There is nothing like haveing principles and standards, is there? Before you think yourself worthy of saying that, let me see you raise the dead. Besides which I am atheistic I am quite willing to be judged, but by my peers, which means at least middle-aged so that they have the capacity and experience to make rational decisions. Also, I have a Master's in Psych, a Minor in History and 15 credits and a strong self-teaching in Philosophy. So if you want to play intellectual Rollerball with me, bring enough medical supplies to treat yourself for several compound fractures.

Are you going to tell me that wanting to go from a state of ability to disability is not creepy? "Live and let live" does NOT mean not knowing when something is wrong, sick or whatever, that is called being dumb.

• Like 1

I have never understood wanting to be incontinent. I have control and sometimes wear diapers. Any use of the diaper is a conscious decision. I like it that way.

I will not stand in the way of anyone's voluntary loss of ability. Just remember that the reality of what you ask for may not match the fantasy.

wribbit

Try to get a doctor to make this possible and irreversibly so.

Some years back, as a treatment for a kind of bloackage in my right ear. a doctor prescribed OTC "swimmer's ear" drops. My ENT told me to forget about that after she looked at me and said it would not help and that "if a thing does not help, it does harm"

I suggest that the question of whether this is harmful would be to try and get a doctor to make this a reality. It would then seem to me that if a medical person says that it is harmful and will not do it, is not the wish to in fact do so a wish to harm oneself? If that is true then is not that a sign of some kind of dysfunction?

CD, rapid fire appeal to authority topped off with 'I am older than you so nana nana boo boo' is poor form. Why is it that every post you write on this forum is either an attempt to further your agenda of originalism or prove to the rest of us that you exist on a higher plane of intellect? You made your point quite clearly the first time around, reiterating it in a highly confrontational manner is moot. Beyond that, persuasion by way of argument only works on a small portion of the population to begin with. I find it interesting that you would make an appeal to life experience when that fact seems to have escaped you. People, for the most part, do not draw their system of values from any sort of concrete rationale, and thus attempting to turn over their values with anything like reason is utterly worthless.

Forst, it was NOT an appeal to authority, just as if a gave a machanic's assessment of the condition of a car, a computer repairman's assessment of a computer problem or an electrician's assessment of the safety of a building. In matters medical, a doctor would be the final arbiter due to his or her training, skill and equipment to diagnose something, not by fiat. I came to respect the medical profession by virtue of having had three bouts with cancer and coming through with flying colors due to the prowess of the medical personnel. My natural curiosity led me to understand the cleverness that was used to attack the cancer I have been in what would be considered science fiction: Chemical warfare, biological warfare, atomic ray warfare, even anti-matter.

Second. While age does not guarantee wisdom, A certain amount of it is necessary to set the stage for it.. It is called "This is not my first trip to the rodeo; or my firth". The rest one does on one's own via the skillful development and use of the intellect. As to whether I esist on a higher plane, I am simply more developed. If you read my blog, then you know that I have no sight in one eye and about 1/15th in the other. With that 1/15th I attained a Master's in Psych and a Minor in history as well as being competetivie with normal-sighted persons in most areas. I had the goings on of that explained to me when I was 29 after a couple of months of evaluation at the Carroll Center in Newton.

As to "a higher plane" well, I have recently come down with a bad case of kerataconus, an ordinarily easy thing to deal with. my primary Ophthamologist said that he was sending me to Boston for a second and maybe a third opinion. On my last visit to him he said "I don't know how you function with the eyesight you have; going to college and all. On a scale of complexity of 1 to 10, you're a 36". Combined with what I learned in Newton, THAT scared me because, what if those in Boston could not come to a conclusion? Well a brilliant ophthamologist name Helen Wu could and did come to a conclusion and I wll have a corneal transplant on April 5 2011

I do not attack uness provoked or I see utter dumbness (not necessarily stupidity, there is no point in attacking that). Dumb can come from a number of things mostly on the order of not "minding the store". That is usually the cause of the person with a 150 IQ getting clean out by a "little" 105. I am an elitist in that I know that better is better. I do not hold to elitism by birth but by effort

Even putting that aside, most of my observations aobut things like this, and censorship would be considered as plainly apparent to persons with a bit of experience, cranial development and even a middling amount of knowledge and called "common sense"

Forst, it was NOT an appeal to authority, just as if a gave a machanic's assessment of the condition of a car, a computer repairman's assessment of a computer problem or an electrician's assessment of the safety of a building. In matters medical, a doctor would be the final arbiter due to his or her training, skill and equipment to diagnose something, not by fiat. I came to respect the medical profession by virtue of having had three bouts with cancer and coming through with flying colors due to the prowess of the medical personnel. My natural curiosity led me to understand the cleverness that was used to attack the cancer I have been in what would be considered science fiction: Chemical warfare, biological warfare, atomic ray warfare, even anti-matter.

I was referring to this gem:

. Also, I have a Master's in Psych, a Minor in History and 15 credits and a strong self-teaching in Philosophy. So if you want to play intellectual Rollerball with me, bring enough medical supplies to treat yourself for several compound fractures.