LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetters?

That is what i also sleep in every night as well,and i also wet the bed due to diabetes as well,but i alsp have wetting accidents during the day as well.

I have been a bedwetter my whole life and I have always worn cloth pinned on diapers and plastic panties. Now I wear my cloth diapers and my plasticpanties all day and all night.

can't say i'm proud to wet the bed but have gotten used to it (3-4 times a week, even with Tranquility ATMs) ... i sleep alone whenever i can in my own bed down the hall where i can be myself and not worry about leaky leaky loose diapers or plastic mattress covers (yuck)... i sleep so much better when i'm not waking up every 30 minutes to grope in the dark to see if i've wet again

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Me too. Was regularly wet in bed as a boy, but it got better later on. Was OK for a few months after I got married but then one night I flooded the bed and this happened irregularly for many years. Daytime wetting accidents started again when I was in my late 50's and eventually I had to start wearing nappies again. We decided it was better to get a good nights sleep and use a diaper than to try to keep waking up by setting alarms etc.

• 1 month later...

How have I missed this topic all this time??

Never stopped wetting at night in spite of much efforts by parents to solve the problem. So I flunked night-time potty training.  I never went to camps or did sleepovers with friends, but that was okay - I guess I didn't know what I was missing anyway.

In my 40s and still wet the bed 5 or more times per week. Is putting on diapers at night before bed a hassle? When you've been doing it for over 40 years, I think it would feel weird not to diaper myself before bed. It's just a five minute part of the routine! Takes a lot less time than shaving or brushing teeth...

• 4 months later...

I'm an adult onset bedwetter. I was a bedwetter as a child and grew out of it, but kind of late. When I started again in my 40s, it was an occasional squirt or a small spot in the bed. Until recently, it had turned into 1 to 3 times a week events ranging from waking up a little wet and really having to go, waking up after I already started going or just waking up wet after fulling going (a lot). Lately, I've had nites where I wake up wet 2 or 3 times. Rather than go through diapers (Abena), I change only if it is full. I don't know if this latest is because of a normal progression or the extra stress in the last 3 months.

• 4 weeks later...

I wet the bed when i was younger, until I was about 15 or 16. Started wetting the bed again a few years ago. It started out just once in a while, but now I seem to wet 3 or 4 nights a week. I don't know what has really caused this, maybe stress I guess. I resisted using diapers at night for a while, but finally got sick of constantly washing my sheets. Tried using different diapers like Depends, Attends, etc., but the last couple years I have settled on Abena because they are comfortable and I have never had a leak at night.

Tally a mark for me. I've started bedwetting about 7 months ago after a I was prescribed CPAP machine for my sleep apnea, which is the reverse of normal since the treatment often cures nocturnal enuresis in most bedwetting children and adults. I was pre-warned that I could wet the bed if I normally got up to go in the night, and I should adjust to the CPAP machine and the bedwetting will normally go away. But since I sleep on a $1400 Temperpedic mattress, it was recommended that I purchase a mattress cover prior to sleeping with the CPAP just in case and being a DL prior to diagnosis, I had a small stash of diapers and plastic pants I decided to wear until I determine that all was safe. Nothing on the first night, I didn't even wake up needing to go, but on the second night of use I woke up with a soaked diaper!! Granted, it was from a couple of IPA beers earlier that evening, but in no way was I drunk and I haven't wet the bed since I was 6. During my childhood, I pretty much night potty trained myself by going to the bathroom before bed and restricted my fluid intake. Still, during those 32 years between, I never wet the bed, though I would normally wake once during the night to go to the bathroom, especially after extra fluid intake. But with the CPAP, I slept right through it.

I've talked with the nurses and sleep study folks, other CPAP users, and the CPAP supplier and bedwetting has been known to happen and the user eventually adjusts to the machine, but seven months later I'm waking up wet more often that not. On the days I wet, I wake up in the morning feeling good and ready to start the day; on the days I don't I wake up dehydrated and feeling like crap...so fluid restriction isn't the answer. My annual physical blood and urinalysis tests turned up nothing, sugar levels are where they're supposed to be and no infections. I haven't recently been back to the sleep doc to discuss the bedwetting issue and maybe I should, but the last thing I want is more meds on top of what I already take and more doctor bills that I can't afford. In confiding with family, they said that I shouldn't give up the CPAP machine and the bedwetting/diapers is no big deal to them, and assure me that its nothing to be ashamed of; "I'd rather you wake up in a wet diaper than to not wake up at all from sleep apnea" was the response. I have to to be honest, in the past I've often fantasized about what it would be like to be a bedwetter, but I wasn't serious about it since the potential inconvenience to my lifestyle and the potential embarrassment, but now its happened and the inconvenience was minimal and embarrassment fears were unwarranted...no more inconvenience and embarrassment than the CPAP machine itself. I've gotten used to bedwetting and the diapers make it much easier to deal with, washing a load every 3-4 days instead of washing my bedding every day. The only thing I'm out so far is a few hundred bucks stocking up on extra prefolds and plastic pants, and the laundry duty that goes with them.

The affect to my lifestyle has been minimal at this point; though long term dating is going to be a concern. I'm thinking at this point, don't discuss the bedwetting until the dating starts to turn into a long term relationship. At which point, I will discuss and if the date understands then that is great...if she doesn't, then she isn't very a understanding person and isn't someone I want to be with anyway. If someone wants to chime in on the subject of bedwetting and dating, please do.

I was a bedwetter until I was 8 years old when I finally outgrew it. I did have the occasional accident over the years. However, when I was in my early 50's the wetting incidents started increasing in frequency. Now it's an every night occurance.

Became a bed wetter due to cancer surgery and a bladder repair that very typically leaks during sleep. Some nights dry, most nights wet, some nights heavy wet and leak. Most of the time I rely on Depends for Men and a waterproof pad under the sheet, but when traveling I always wear a diaper to make sure there are no leaks.

Became a bed wetter due to cancer surgery and a bladder repair that very typically leaks during sleep. Some nights dry, most nights wet, some nights heavy wet and leak. Most of the time I rely on Depends for Men and a waterproof pad under the sheet, but when traveling I always wear a diaper to make sure there are no leaks.

Dale, sorry to here about you bout with cancer... You should try some of the products that are offered on Xp medical...

Gary is a great guy and has a lot of the top products.. He also has a lot of sample packs to allow you to try them out before getting a case...

\

Hi,

Just wanted to know how many other real bedwetters are out there.

I never really stopped wetting the bed. Tried to stop using meds once and hated it. Would much rather wear a nice thick nappy to bed than take the meds.

Who else out there is a real bedwetter?

what kind of cloth diapers do you use? I have used disposables (dry 24/7) but thinking of starting to use cloth.

Thank you

I use 4-10-4 prefold twill diapers, with a youth prefold as a booster, from Changing Times Diaper co...extremely absorbant and comfortable. However, CTD is closing out business, but RearZ, Natural Cloth Depot, and Baby Pants sells them as well. Gauze prefolds from ACD is good too, but I like the twill prefold even better.

• 1 month later...

Add me to the list.

I guess I was expecting this change, but it was a bit of a shock to wake up last night soaked. Its supposed to be a positive change - nerve pathways are repairing or something, but I still cant get too excited about it.

I am apparently joining the club as well. I posted details in another thread, but the Cliff Notes version is that I wet the bed through my mid-teens but have been dry for 20+ years. I started having problems again a month and a half or so ago, and it's been a steady slide since. Still hoping this is temporary, but won't be the end of the world if it's not. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bed wetter to. I have been when I was kid until age 12, and then it re-started recently. So I wear a diaper at night, and it pretty much saves me from changing the bed sheets and pjs. I used to be very ashamed about it, and still am a bit. I'd rather wear a diaper than wet the bed!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have barely had a dry night in months. For me bedwetting can be a real pain - I sleep on my side sometimes and as for that reason it makes leaks more of a problem. On the plus side it is good to see that I am not alone and that this topic is still being posted on.

• 1 year later...

Had some bed wetting problems in my teens, and some leaks every now and then since that, including light bowel ic. I had been able to stay dry at night though, until september of 2012 when I started wetting the bed again. I decided on diapers pretty quickly, since I share my bed with my super supportive fiancée.

Soon after my first wet bed in 8 years, my daytime dribbles turned into daytime diapers.

My inco started with betwetting. Inthe beginning to tried to get up 5 to 6 times at night. The lack of sleep had almost driven my to complete burn out when I decided nt to get uo any more and wear a thick diaper.

• Like 1