LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

3 month diapered trail run

I plan on wearing diapers for the next 3 months for all potty needs. I started on Jan 16th and will continue until April 16th. This is my trail run to see how I feel about going for full diaper dependence.

I'm living in rv traveling around the country so I don't have to worry about people I know finding out right now.

I will be wearing mostly cloth diapers. I have a rv sized washer coming on Monday. I have been disposables for know. My cloth are coming fri/sat. I'm in Arizona currently. On Friday I'm going to changing times in vegas to get my plastic pants, changing pads,and pickup some disposable sample packs to see which works best for me when I go to stores.

• Like 4

If this is your first time spending an extended period of time in diapers? If it is congratulations!

A few things. Don't get discouraged if you spend a week or a month and want to be done with it. For me there was a definite transition mentally of DL that wears for pleasure and occasionally vs diaper wearer. When I started wearing 24/7 I also had not yet worked through the negativity that had built up around diapers from childhood. That will rear its ugly head if you are not prepared.

I would also recommend not pushing it if you do get tired of it. Make it a positive experience and however long you make it will teach you a ton about your relationship with diapers and why you are considering incontinence. If you do decide to end it early what will probably happen is you come rushing back in a day or two wondering why you ever quit.

Regardless of your experience. Good luck! Sounds like it should be a good time.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, diapijay said:

I plan on wearing diapers for the next 3 months for all potty needs. I started on Jan 16th and will continue until April 16th. This is my trail run to see how I feel about going for full diaper dependence.

I'm living in rv traveling around the country so I don't have to worry about people I know finding out right now.

I will be wearing mostly cloth diapers. I have a rv sized washer coming on Monday. I have been disposables for know. My cloth are coming fri/sat. I'm in Arizona currently. On Friday I'm going to changing times in vegas to get my plastic pants, changing pads,and pickup some disposable sample packs to see which works best for me when I go to stores.

Wow... Traveling the country, in an RV, diapered!! It doesn't get better than that! I'm ALWAYS diapered for my vacation trips, but no RV yet.  I want to get one in a year or so. I HAVE been to Changing Times in Vegas, neat store and friendly owners.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DAQ said:

If this is your first time spending an extended period of time in diapers? If it is congratulations!

A few things. Don't get discouraged if you spend a week or a month and want to be done with it. For me there was a definite transition mentally of DL that wears for pleasure and occasionally vs diaper wearer. When I started wearing 24/7 I also had not yet worked through the negativity that had built up around diapers from childhood. That will rear its ugly head if you are not prepared.

I would also recommend not pushing it if you do get tired of it. Make it a positive experience and however long you make it will teach you a ton about your relationship with diapers and why you are considering incontinence. If you do decide to end it early what will probably happen is you come rushing back in a day or two wondering why you ever quit.

Regardless of your experience. Good luck! Sounds like it should be a good time.

Yes this my first extended period. Thank you.

I'm going to try to keep a positive attitude towards it.

I'm really enjoying conf calls now as I can just pee I need to and no one has a clue.

Yep, I did something like that.  I went "24/7" for about 10 weeks late 2018.  I came back out of diapers for an international trip, and to see how I felt about NOT being diapered.

For me, I found it sucked NOT being diapered.  I put on a BetterDry at LAX whilst waiting for my flight back home in April 2019 and have been diapered ever since.

Cloth "on the road" will be a challenge for sure 🤣

• Like 4
14 hours ago, diapijay said:

Good for you!  Great that you are going 3 months first to see how it will go for you if you do make the jump to "full" diaper dependence!  From what you wrote, I get the idea you are mostly in your R/V traveling, washing diapers in your R/V, doing what I perceived as mostly not out in public much (I'm living in rv traveling around the country so I don't have to worry about people I know finding out right now).  I suggest that you venture out a lot, even going to the point you are among crowds of people at stores like Walmart, even some tourist sites like a museum or park like Disneyland, places where you will be among a lot of people or away from the R/V for most of the day.

If you really want to see about how it will be going full time diaper dependent, you need to put yourself in every situation you can over the next 3 months.  Be out in the public around people with a poopy diaper.  Be in places where you will need to take a diaper bag and change in a restroom when needed.  Wear different clothing like shorts in hot weather and be prepared if you look bulky enough for people to notice, especially since cloth diapers are usually a lot bulkier than disposables.  Also think about what you will eventually have to tell people you know about why you now wear diapers.  If you go diaper dependent, you will be in all kind of places and situations throughout daily life where you may mess your diaper, soak your diaper, have to go somewhere to change when not at home or with your R/V not available.  Use these 3 months to put yourself in every possible situation wearing your diapers so you get a true idea of what it will be like when you go 24/7/365.  Good luck to you!      

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Good for you!  Great that you are going 3 months first to see how it will go for you if you do make the jump to "full" diaper dependence!  From what you wrote, I get the idea you are mostly in your R/V traveling, washing diapers in your R/V, doing what I perceived as mostly not out in public much (I'm living in rv traveling around the country so I don't have to worry about people I know finding out right now).  I suggest that you venture out a lot, even going to the point you are among crowds of people at stores like Walmart, even some tourist sites like a museum or park like Disneyland, places where you will be among a lot of people or away from the R/V for most of the day.

If you really want to see about how it will be going full time diaper dependent, you need to put yourself in every situation you can over the next 3 months.  Be out in the public around people with a poopy diaper.  Be in places where you will need to take a diaper bag and change in a restroom when needed.  Wear different clothing like shorts in hot weather and be prepared if you look bulky enough for people to notice, especially since cloth diapers are usually a lot bulkier than disposables.  Also think about what you will eventually have to tell people you know about why you now wear diapers.  If you go diaper dependent, you will be in all kind of places and situations throughout daily life where you may mess your diaper, soak your diaper, have to go somewhere to change when not at home or with your R/V not available.  Use these 3 months to put yourself in every possible situation wearing your diapers so you get a true idea of what it will be like when you go 24/7/365.  Good luck to you!      

I do plan going out to public places. I'm just in a more off the beaten path for the next 2 weeks so a trip to civilization is a min 1hr away. Definitely going to the movies and ordering the largest drink.

I will be using disposable when I go out. I will be taking a diaper bag with me to change.

As poppy diapers I'm working on redoing my diet right now so they are softer. I probably won't mess around people yet but I will make some stops after to walk into a public rest room to change a couple of messes.

For now I'm going wear some longer shirts to conceal my bulk. If I go 24/7/365 I will go and buy new pants and shorts to conceal better during the warmer months.

6 hours ago, oznl said:

Yep, I did something like that.  I went "24/7" for about 10 weeks late 2018.  I came back out of diapers for an international trip, and to see how I felt about NOT being diapered.

For me, I found it sucked NOT being diapered.  I put on a BetterDry at LAX whilst waiting for my flight back home in April 2019 and have been diapered ever since.

Cloth "on the road" will be a challenge for sure 🤣

I understand cloth will be a challenge. That's why I'm planning on disposable for public outings.

And to remind me of my goal I bought the below laundry detergent.gqtbhqj8cbt4jntpmfr05mbtc9wx.thumb.webp.614ef476a06baa429e357a4b9ddee73f.webp

17 hours ago, diapijay said:

I have a rv sized washer coming on Monday.

Congrats, @diapijay, on embarking on your experimental journey. I have a good friend who lived in an RV for about two years, touring the US with his family - it was an amazing adventure for them. He did not do it in diapers, however!

Question - I saw your comment about a washer, above - does the RV also have a dryer, or is the washer one of those hybrid washer/dryer units? Drying is as critical as washing when it comes to cloth. If you're all over the country, you definitely won't always have clothesline weather, and also, you probably don't want to be the guy at every RV park you go to who has several cloth diapers hanging off the south-facing side of his rig, but no kids...

My 24/7 journey started with an idea - I wanted to spend an extended weekend in the spring, entirely in diapers, in order to try and figure out what I didn't know about wearing them all the time. This was in preparation for a stretch that summer, when my family was going to be away on vacation for a few weeks, and my thought was that I wanted to try spending those few weeks living 24/7, before I joined them on that trip. That was almost 5 years ago. After I made it through that first weekend in diapers, I thought, well, if I really want to understand what this life entails, I'd better also spend a couple of weekdays in them... that's where the rubber meets the road, right? 

So, I pushed it to Tuesday, having started the previous Friday... then, on Wednesday morning... I reached for another diaper. Then, on Thursday... well, it was almost the weekend... wow, imagine the data I could collect if I managed to get through an entire week, Friday to Friday? So I pushed through. Then, it was Saturday... seemed reasonable to carry on through another weekend. Then Monday again... I eyed my boxer shorts... and my hand fell on another diaper. At some point, I realized I would need to order more of them - I still, at that point, only had a "recreational" stock on hand. The rest is history. I never went back. After sneaking around like a CIA operative for around three months, I took the leap and told my spouse. It took me another ~15 months or so before I tossed the last of my boxer shorts in the garbage; they were already stored in a bag in the garage and hadn't been looked at for a year or more, but I was surprised how big it felt, when I was psychologically ready to put them in the trash. 

You may already be well aware of this, but one thing I'll point out is that nothing can ruin your 24/7 honeymoon faster than diaper rash. People who wear here and there for fun can give their skin lots of time off and can always elect not to be padded for a couple of days if things get irritated down in the nether regions, but for those of us for whom diapers are our only option, life can get uncomfortable. Pay meticulous attention to things like diaper cream, and cleaning up between changes, and, in the case of cloth diapers, getting them really clean and chemically inert when you wash them. Have enough disposables on hand that you can resort to that for a few days if it starts looking like you have radiation burns down there.

And buy yourself a couple of tubes of something fungicidal - any of the over-the-counter athlete's foot/jock itch/ringworm creams or sprays or powders will work. In my experience, anytime a diaper rash starts getting truly malignant, or lasts for more than a couple of days, the root cause is fungal. RV parks are not always close to pharmacies! You don't want to have to go for a 3 hour drive in a damp cloth diaper, sitting on 3rd degree chemical burns, in order to find a Walmart. 

Good luck, sir, and keep us up to date on how it's going!

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Congrats, @diapijay, on embarking on your experimental journey. I have a good friend who lived in an RV for about two years, touring the US with his family - it was an amazing adventure for them. He did not do it in diapers, however!

Question - I saw your comment about a washer, above - does the RV also have a dryer, or is the washer one of those hybrid washer/dryer units? Drying is as critical as washing when it comes to cloth. If you're all over the country, you definitely won't always have clothesline weather, and also, you probably don't want to be the guy at every RV park you go to who has several cloth diapers hanging off the south-facing side of his rig, but no kids...

My 24/7 journey started with an idea - I wanted to spend an extended weekend in the spring, entirely in diapers, in order to try and figure out what I didn't know about wearing them all the time. This was in preparation for a stretch that summer, when my family was going to be away on vacation for a few weeks, and my thought was that I wanted to try spending those few weeks living 24/7, before I joined them on that trip. That was almost 5 years ago. After I made it through that first weekend in diapers, I thought, well, if I really want to understand what this life entails, I'd better also spend a couple of weekdays in them... that's where the rubber meets the road, right? 

So, I pushed it to Tuesday, having started the previous Friday... then, on Wednesday morning... I reached for another diaper. Then, on Thursday... well, it was almost the weekend... wow, imagine the data I could collect if I managed to get through an entire week, Friday to Friday? So I pushed through. Then, it was Saturday... seemed reasonable to carry on through another weekend. Then Monday again... I eyed my boxer shorts... and my hand fell on another diaper. At some point, I realized I would need to order more of them - I still, at that point, only had a "recreational" stock on hand. The rest is history. I never went back. After sneaking around like a CIA operative for around three months, I took the leap and told my spouse. It took me another ~15 months or so before I tossed the last of my boxer shorts in the garbage; they were already stored in a bag in the garage and hadn't been looked at for a year or more, but I was surprised how big it felt, when I was psychologically ready to put them in the trash. 

You may already be well aware of this, but one thing I'll point out is that nothing can ruin your 24/7 honeymoon faster than diaper rash. People who wear here and there for fun can give their skin lots of time off and can always elect not to be padded for a couple of days if things get irritated down in the nether regions, but for those of us for whom diapers are our only option, life can get uncomfortable. Pay meticulous attention to things like diaper cream, and cleaning up between changes, and, in the case of cloth diapers, getting them really clean and chemically inert when you wash them. Have enough disposables on hand that you can resort to that for a few days if it starts looking like you have radiation burns down there.

And buy yourself a couple of tubes of something fungicidal - any of the over-the-counter athlete's foot/jock itch/ringworm creams or sprays or powders will work. In my experience, anytime a diaper rash starts getting truly malignant, or lasts for more than a couple of days, the root cause is fungal. RV parks are not always close to pharmacies! You don't want to have to go for a 3 hour drive in a damp cloth diaper, sitting on 3rd degree chemical burns, in order to find a Walmart. 

Good luck, sir, and keep us up to date on how it's going!

It's a hybrid. If I have issues with it drying the bathroom can become my drying room with a little heater for now. Then I can get a separate small space dryer if I do go down this road full time.

I currently am applying cream durring each change. Also after a shower I make sure to apply baby oil to prevent my skin from drying out.

I'll pickup the fungal spray today.

If I do end up going permanently. I will want to get rid of my boxers with a small fire and me standing there in my diapi and low cut shirt.

One question how did it take your spouse 3 months to find out?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, diapijay said:

I will want to get rid of my boxers with a small fire and me standing there in my diapi and low cut shirt.

I love this imagery - I wish I had done this. Mine was an impulsive decision... I was moving, getting rid of a lot of stuff, and I had a bag of my big boy underwear stashed in my garage with the winter tires. I spontaneously decided that the time had come. 

20 minutes ago, diapijay said:

One question how did it take your spouse 3 months to find out?

It required a James Bond level of secrecy. I had my diapers stashed in the ceiling of our basement. I would generally go down there to change them. Since I was (and am) the primary trash collector in the family, nobody ever audited the contents of our garbage bags, so the disposal was not too difficult. Then, as now, she tended to go up to our bedroom once the kids were in bed, and wind down watching TV, usually falling asleep in the process, so I would wait her out, and then tiptoe into the room and get dressed for bed in the bathroom, and wear a pair of shorts or trackpants over my diaper until I was under the covers, and then I'd slip them off, and keep them on the floor next to me in case a smoke alarm went off or the dog started throwing up in the middle of the night. I wore quiet diapers whenever I didn't have heavy jeans and a long t-shirt or sweater on. I generally got up earlier than her so it was easy for me to get dressed before she was awake. 

But, I knew I was playing with fire and that it was just a matter of time until she noticed something, and also, at that point, the diapers were coming between us, because normally I would have tended to hang out with her at least sometimes, later in the evenings. But instead I was watching TV by myself (or on this site) until midnight to make sure she was comatose, so that I could sleep in a diaper. Plus, I was going to be joining them on that vacation I talked about, and there was no way I could operate in Europe out of a suitcase for two weeks, sharing a hotel room, and also secretly be wearing diapers. I would also have to go diaper shopping, for example, because I couldn't bring two weeks worth of them - I'd have needed a whole other full-size suitcase. What was I going to do with a box of diapers, in a hotel room? Put them in the safe? Under the mattress? There was no way. 

Opening up to her was extremely risky and anxiety-provoking, but it's the best thing I ever did, because now when she's watching TV at 10 PM, I'm usually beside her, reading something or watching what she's watching (if it's not crap...), and I'm usually wearing a diaper and a t-shirt. On that vacation, we left our kids with our friends, and went to a French supermarket, and while we were shopping for bread and cheese and wine, I bought a box of diapers, brought it back to our room, and put it in the closet (our kids were in a second room). I have a corner in the basement occupied by cases of diapers now, and occasionally, she reorganizes them or complains that I'm expanding my kingdom, if there's a sale and I buy some extra cases. Online ordering was the other factor - I used to have to buy diapers in person, because obviously UPS showing up at some random time when I wasn't home, and dropping off a case of 48 large nursery-printed diapers, was going to raise questions... 

• Like 1

If it feels right, do it, @diapijay. I first stashed my big boy underpants up behind the winter tires in the garage, reasoning that if I really needed them, I could get them, but that it wouldn't be the result of caving to an impulsive moment, or a twinge of anxiety - I wanted to try and power through, take a deep breath and wear my diapers like a big boy, even when I sometimes thought I didn't want to, or I had misgivings. Then, later, once I'd been 24/7 for the better part of a year, those boxers in that bag had long ago stopped calling to me, and I realized that to be authentically who I wanted to be, both here, and in real life, I needed to part ways with them. It was still a bit scary, but also thrilling, to send them to their final resting place.

I can have a bag of boxers in my hand for $20, in about 20 minutes, anytime between 7 AM and 11 PM, and there are 24 hour stores in the city. SO it's not like I'm completely without recourse, if some situation arises, where I absolutely need to wear boxers. But it's like an alcoholic who doesn't stock booze or a person on a diet who doesn't keep chips in the cupboard - it's not that those things are unachievable, it's just that you can't succumb to impulse anymore - going and getting them requires some effort and some premeditation, so you are more likely to stay the course, in those early days, when you're nervous as a deer sometimes about wearing diapers somewhere new (or at least I was). 

Now, I could have a dresser drawer full of boxer shorts and it wouldn't matter - they wouldn't tempt me, they'd just be a waste of money. But I'm 5 years in. Baby steps, my friend! Good luck and Godspeed. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

If it feels right, do it, @diapijay. I first stashed my big boy underpants up behind the winter tires in the garage, reasoning that if I really needed them, I could get them, but that it wouldn't be the result of caving to an impulsive moment, or a twinge of anxiety - I wanted to try and power through, take a deep breath and wear my diapers like a big boy, even when I sometimes thought I didn't want to, or I had misgivings. Then, later, once I'd been 24/7 for the better part of a year, those boxers in that bag had long ago stopped calling to me, and I realized that to be authentically who I wanted to be, both here, and in real life, I needed to part ways with them. It was still a bit scary, but also thrilling, to send them to their final resting place.

I can have a bag of boxers in my hand for $20, in about 20 minutes, anytime between 7 AM and 11 PM, and there are 24 hour stores in the city. SO it's not like I'm completely without recourse, if some situation arises, where I absolutely need to wear boxers. But it's like an alcoholic who doesn't stock booze or a person on a diet who doesn't keep chips in the cupboard - it's not that those things are unachievable, it's just that you can't succumb to impulse anymore - going and getting them requires some effort and some premeditation, so you are more likely to stay the course, in those early days, when you're nervous as a deer sometimes about wearing diapers somewhere new (or at least I was). 

Now, I could have a dresser drawer full of boxer shorts and it wouldn't matter - they wouldn't tempt me, they'd just be a waste of money. But I'm 5 years in. Baby steps, my friend! Good luck and Godspeed. 

It's just a reminder to keep with my plan. I'm not throwing them away yet. Just put them in a harder to access place for now like you did.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, diapijay said:

Decided this moring to put my boxers away for awhile.

Maybe forever?

20240120_061837.thumb.jpg.80598d64a9dacdc2bfd672d671983674.jpg

Hope you decide to go for it full time.  That is a good look for you!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Hope you decide to go for it full time.  That is a good look for you!

If everything works out that would be great. Thank you

On 1/18/2024 at 2:49 PM, diapijay said:

On 1/19/2024 at 9:23 AM, diapijay said:

It's a hybrid. If I have issues with it drying the bathroom can become my drying room with a little heater for now. Then I can get a separate small space dryer if I do go down this road full time.

@diapijay I will be interested in hearing how the washer / dryer works out in your RV, especially with cloth diapers.

Several years ago, I went on an extended camp out vacation with family, on a long road trip, needing cloth diapers at night (for bed-wetting), and also wore some during the day (in case of a nap).  Washing the diapers at various campgrounds along the way worked out fine.  However this spawned my most active conversation concerning my diapers.  My sibling and I were handling the wash, which had finished drying.  I was folding my cloth diapers and another camper showed up to do their laundry.  That person asked if they were towels.  I made a comment about they probably could be good towels.  At that point I believe the other person realized what I was folding....  And that ended the conversation...

I'll be retiring in about 2 years and am considering getting an RV and traveling some after retirement.  I saw an RV that listed a washer / dryer in the class B van and hadn't thought about it till then.  In my opinion, I think it would be a bit much to have such in a class B van, but I now see it is possible.  If I did that, I'd probably only run it when I was hooked up in a campground to water, sewer and electricity, and since such sites have typically including a laundry facility, I'm unlikely to include a (small) washer / dryer in the RV.  However, I could see where it might be useful if I had issues with # 2 while wearing cloth.  Due to early onset BPH, I now have day time issues along with my nighttime issues, so some level of protection is needed.  While I mainly use cloth diapers, I have found the high capacity disposables that are now on the market (curtsy of  the ABDL community), there is now a disposable that can handle my night time output, and is more convenient when traveling.  So, I am interested in how things go for you with cloth diapers and the RV washer / dryer.

Also, what type of RV are you using?  Class A, B or C, or ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, zzyzx said:

@diapijay I will be interested in hearing how the washer / dryer works out in your RV, especially with cloth diapers.

Several years ago, I went on an extended camp out vacation with family, on a long road trip, needing cloth diapers at night (for bed-wetting), and also wore some during the day (in case of a nap).  Washing the diapers at various campgrounds along the way worked out fine.  However this spawned my most active conversation concerning my diapers.  My sibling and I were handling the wash, which had finished drying.  I was folding my cloth diapers and another camper showed up to do their laundry.  That person asked if they were towels.  I made a comment about they probably could be good towels.  At that point I believe the other person realized what I was folding....  And that ended the conversation...

I'll be retiring in about 2 years and am considering getting an RV and traveling some after retirement.  I saw an RV that listed a washer / dryer in the class B van and hadn't thought about it till then.  In my opinion, I think it would be a bit much to have such in a class B van, but I now see it is possible.  If I did that, I'd probably only run it when I was hooked up in a campground to water, sewer and electricity, and since such sites have typically including a laundry facility, I'm unlikely to include a (small) washer / dryer in the RV.  However, I could see where it might be useful if I had issues with # 2 while wearing cloth.  Due to early onset BPH, I now have day time issues along with my nighttime issues, so some level of protection is needed.  While I mainly use cloth diapers, I have found the high capacity disposables that are now on the market (curtsy of  the ABDL community), there is now a disposable that can handle my night time output, and is more convenient when traveling.  So, I am interested in how things go for you with cloth diapers and the RV washer / dryer.

Also, what type of RV are you using?  Class A, B or C, or ?

It's a 28ft toy hauler travel trailer. Some of the places I go don't have access to a washer and dryer locally.

When the cloth diapers come I will wash them the first time at a luandry mat. I will do an update of how washing them goes after a couple of loads in the rv. Since I do have ab clothes they will always be washed in the rv.

I'm going mostly cloth due to the rising cost of disposables.

WEEK 1 UPDATE

I didn't use the potty this week.

Had 1 leak trying a different diaper while sitting on the couch and wasn't wearing plastic pants.

My cloth diapers didn't arrive until Monday so I only wore a little today. Wetting them I can only do standing at the current time.

Disposables I'm having the hardest time wetting while driving and have to pull over most of the time. Laying down has has been happening more often without having to sit up.

I have gone to stores and wet while standing in line. Still not able to do it in front of cashier yet.

On Friday I went to changing times in Las Vegas. They were very friendly and knowledgeable.

• Like 1

I've done some great trips with my caravan in tow, whilst nappied up.  Pretty much completely disposables, as my current van doesn't have a washer in it to allow washing of cloth nappies.  Doing some research at the moment for a new caravan, and most included washers are tiny little things (about 3kg max), suck up a fair bit of water out of the tanks, and use a fair bit of energy to power.  Something to consider if one is off-grid not in a caravan park with access to mains power and water. 

I did notice on my last big trip that there are laundromats in most small towns, so those could be utilised.  Yes, at a caravan park there's often coin operated washers and dryers.  

I wear cloth nappies at home pretty much exclusively now, and the washing requirement is well up there - every two days or so, depending on the amount of soiling and how long they've been on for.  They also can get quite smelly too before a wash unless you take precautions.  In a confined space like a caravan, this can turn it into a smelly sewer pit quickly... not nice sleeping in, especially in hot weather.

I don't know about over there in the US, but here in Australia, caravanners tend to be very social, and it's not unheard of for people to get together at a central location in a park to drink, eat, and socialise, sometimes there's even a central firepit with damper/bread being cooked.  Great fun!  May be an issue if the social aspect gets in the way of drying out adult-sized cloth prefolds and pads on a clothes line.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ozziebee said:

I've done some great trips with my caravan in tow, whilst nappied up.  Pretty much completely disposables, as my current van doesn't have a washer in it to allow washing of cloth nappies.  Doing some research at the moment for a new caravan, and most included washers are tiny little things (about 3kg max), suck up a fair bit of water out of the tanks, and use a fair bit of energy to power.  Something to consider if one is off-grid not in a caravan park with access to mains power and water. 

I did notice on my last big trip that there are laundromats in most small towns, so those could be utilised.  Yes, at a caravan park there's often coin operated washers and dryers.  

I wear cloth nappies at home pretty much exclusively now, and the washing requirement is well up there - every two days or so, depending on the amount of soiling and how long they've been on for.  They also can get quite smelly too before a wash unless you take precautions.  In a confined space like a caravan, this can turn it into a smelly sewer pit quickly... not nice sleeping in, especially in hot weather.

I don't know about over there in the US, but here in Australia, caravanners tend to be very social, and it's not unheard of for people to get together at a central location in a park to drink, eat, and socialise, sometimes there's even a central firepit with damper/bread being cooked.  Great fun!  May be an issue if the social aspect gets in the way of drying out adult-sized cloth prefolds and pads on a clothes line.

Ozziebee,

you made some good points that made me think about somethings.

I'm planing most of my time at rv parks here in the US.  I will probably have to do them everyday. I will end getting a dryer down the road. I'm currently going to use my bathroom as a dryer with a small space heater and dehumidifier. I may use a public luandrymat some times. I'll wash the cloth and home and then do the rest of my laundry at the luandry matte while they dry.

As for the social aspect when going outside I will wear disposables. Since mine is a tow behind space with slidewon't be an issue. 28ft (8.5m) 

Down the road if I want to do boondocking I can also carry extra water in the bed of my truck. I probably would also use disposables a little more durring these times depending on location. 

23 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

If you used a catheter and a still you could go proper off road 😉

I'm just uncomfortable self catheter.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:41 PM, diapijay said:

WEEK 1 UPDATE

I didn't use the potty this week.

Had 1 leak trying a different diaper while sitting on the couch and wasn't wearing plastic pants.

My cloth diapers didn't arrive until Monday so I only wore a little today. Wetting them I can only do standing at the current time.

Disposables I'm having the hardest time wetting while driving and have to pull over most of the time. Laying down has has been happening more often without having to sit up.

I have gone to stores and wet while standing in line. Still not able to do it in front of cashier yet.

On Friday I went to changing times in Las Vegas. They were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Great job on week 1! How was the clean up process for you in light of living in a RV?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, rh1979 said:

Great job on week 1! How was the clean up process for you in light of living in a RV?

Thank you.

Clean up is pretty easy. After pooping I can jump in the shower and do a quick wash. Since I have a shower head with hose I can rinse everywhere.

The only issue is getting my poppie to go down the potty after I sit on it.

Cleaning the black tank isn't that bad since there is hose attachment to the tank to force water thru to clean things up.

2 week update.

I did use the potty once this week as I forgot to get my clothes that were drying down in the bathroom after I just took of my diapi. And I felt the urge to pee while getting the clothes down. It was a weird feeling using the potty.

As for peeing positions they all have gotten easier. Even while driving.

As for cloth diapers they have been going pretty well. At first they would sag alot. But I have I gotten better at pinning them on.

• Like 1