LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

On 3/7/2024 at 8:55 PM, voodoochild said:

@Reddy im so glad you are on the other side. I hope i can fulfill my lifelong desire of being incontonent as you have done i know right no you have to be cathed becaused of the scar tissue (which sucks!) But hope your recovery is pain free and that the strictures subside so you can be you!

On a side note ive had a burning desire to be incontinent my whole life im still pressuing ways to achive it but my mind is made up...id love surgical way but tbe strictures sounds like it kills it 😭 why is it sooo hard to be incontinent!! For all you nay sayers please kindly f@@k off!

Well done mr.reddy

Thank you!  I appreciate the well wishes and support.  I hope you become incontinent too.  🙏 

On 3/8/2024 at 8:59 PM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

How was your week @Reddy? Still wearing the same catheter? Have you been talking to your surgeon in Mexico about the retention? Or any update on the local doctors? 

Hope you're holding up okay! 

I haven't been using a catheter longer than a few hours or overnight.  It's just such a relief to take it out the next day.  Dr. Ivan said we need to find out if I have a stricture, and I assume I do.  I'm so glad I got my appointment moved up to this Wednesday 3/13!!

On 3/9/2024 at 11:07 AM, whetdiaper said:

Good luck to you! Big transitions mean big emotions, so be sure to give yourself the space to feel all of them and plenty of time to heal!

Thank you very much! 🙂🙏

On 3/9/2024 at 2:55 PM, Ineedboth1994 said:

Stay strong @Reddy

Just remember that no matter what you are completely diaper dependent now. I’m sure the blockage is a bit of a bummer but it could clear up at any time.

We are all rooting for you!

Thank you!  And I'm glad to have an appointment with urology.  I'm hoping for either a urethrotomy or optilume.  It will be great to be cleared up soon hopefully.

6 minutes ago, keyman419 said:

I'm certain it will get taken care of and you will enjoy your future as dribbling incontinence. This is just a bump in the road and will be taken care of soon. We all here are excited for your progress and some will be moving forward with you.

Thank you!  Yes I think it will happen soon now that I can get in and hopefully schedule a procedure.  I hope all the best for anyone else moving forward with a procedure.  Hopefully my experience has given a more realistic view of what it's like 🙂🙏

• Like 7

Thanks for the update, that's great news that you can see the new urologist on Wednesday! I hadn't heard of the optimum, that looks really cool! The drug seems to stay in your tissue for a month, during which time your tissue won't form fibrosis /stricture. I wonder why they can't use the same drug during the initial procedure prevent stricture in the first place, I guess because you are cutting away so much tissue you want some scars to form. When you put in the cath does it feel like there's a lot of resistance (from the scar tissue?) Hopefully your new urologist gives you a scope and we can find out just how much scarring you have. You mentioned that you are putting in a fresh cath every day? Does that mean you're sleeping uncathed? Do you leak or wake up with a full bladder?

On 3/11/2024 at 9:16 AM, John64 said:

Thank you Reddy to take you through your process so far, would have loved it myself.

Thank you!  I hope it's all good in the end, I think it will be.  I enjoy it anyway so far.

On 3/11/2024 at 10:35 AM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Thanks for the update, that's great news that you can see the new urologist on Wednesday! I hadn't heard of the optimum, that looks really cool! The drug seems to stay in your tissue for a month, during which time your tissue won't form fibrosis /stricture. I wonder why they can't use the same drug during the initial procedure prevent stricture in the first place, I guess because you are cutting away so much tissue you want some scars to form. When you put in the cath does it feel like there's a lot of resistance (from the scar tissue?) Hopefully your new urologist gives you a scope and we can find out just how much scarring you have. You mentioned that you are putting in a fresh cath every day? Does that mean you're sleeping uncathed? Do you leak or wake up with a full bladder?

Yeah, I'm actually really excited to see the urologist.  It's amazing how now I'm just motivated by hopefully not having blockages anymore.

I do wish there was some anti-scarring medication used at the time of procedure, but that's okay.  I think it's extremely expensive still, and nothing has been designed for that yet.

Yes, there is a point of very firm resistance and I have to be very slow when inserting at that point.  It takes a while to get through that tight spot, and then just a little bit after that I start peeing.  So, the stricture is sitting just outward of my prostate/external sphincter.

I normally sleep uncathed and lately I don't put in any catheter at all unless I am completely blocked.  I pee like 2 dozen times a day when my bladder pushes past the resistance momentarily.

I'm just really really looking forward to getting a plan to clear out the stricture!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Reddy said:

Yes, there is a point of very firm resistance and I have to be very slow when inserting at that point.  It takes a while to get through that tight spot, and then just a little bit after that I start peeing.  So, the stricture is sitting just outward of my prostate/external sphincter.

It's good that you can still get a cath past that point so you can pee as needed. I'm sure you will be quite happy once you get back to dribbling again with no resistance. I hope the best for you. It's always a risk but one that can be dealt with and then you are on your way with your permanent incontinence. I'll be excited for your results and then I may schedule as well. 

2 minutes ago, keyman419 said:

It's good that you can still get a cath past that point so you can pee as needed. I'm sure you will be quite happy once you get back to dribbling again with no resistance. I hope the best for you. It's always a risk but one that can be dealt with and then you are on your way with your permanent incontinence. I'll be excited for your results and then I may schedule as well. 

Thanks!  Yeah I really want to get back to dribbling.  I'm very excited for that.

@Reddy im  youll get past thank you for letting us know of the complications believe me ive broken my left arm twice and my shoulder (i have 11 screws and a plate in there) 6 years on i still get some wicked pins and needles in that area. Ill have to have them removed at somepoint. Anyway point is nothing is without compromise so thanks for letting us know what to be prepared for! 

PS: thank you for not disapearing your a inspirtion🙏 i mean that even though im just a stranger on the internet lol

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, voodoochild said:

@Reddy im  youll get past thank you for letting us know of the complications believe me ive broken my left arm twice and my shoulder (i have 11 screws and a plate in there) 6 years on i still get some wicked pins and needles in that area. Ill have to have them removed at somepoint. Anyway point is nothing is without compromise so thanks for letting us know what to be prepared for! 

PS: thank you for not disapearing your a inspirtion🙏 i mean that even though im just a stranger on the internet lol

Thanks!  I'm glad that you are enjoying hearing about the process.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reddy said:

Thank you!  I hope it's all good in the end, I think it will be.  I enjoy it anyway so far.

Yeah, I'm actually really excited to see the urologist.  It's amazing how now I'm just motivated by hopefully not having blockages anymore.

Have you figured out what you're going to say if the urologist asked how this happened? I assume when he scopes you, he'll see that some kind of recent operation took place.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention, I went in to give a urine sample Monday afternoon.  I got in just before they closed since I came from work.  I am always mostly blocked now so I could barely get very much into the cup.  The results show everything abnormal, it was cloudy, had red blood cells, white blood cells, bacteria, leukocytes, everything...  By the time I woke up this morning I had a new message from my pcp saying the results indicated infection and a prescription for antibiotics was already waiting for me at my pharmacy.  I took one as soon as I filled the prescription today and I swear I started to feel better immediately.

I am going to really emphasize to the urologist that I have been having serious blockages and that I have had many times, almost daily where I am unable to pee without a catheter.

I realize that since the first days after I got my original catheter out, I've been going back and forth between catheters with some kind of blockage.  I didn't even have the honeymoon phase of a month of total incontinence before this happened.

But the urethrotomy has had amazing results for the other guys who got it.  I'm excited to become reliably incontinent for maybe the first time, once this stricture is addressed.

I also think now that I already had this stricture, and the surgery just made it much worse.  I have had a weak stream, and I specifically remember hitting this same resistance point, like hitting a wall, when trying to use a sounding rod a couple years back.  It makes sense to me.

I might soon have the most open urethra I've had in years, and there won't be anything to hold back my leaking and dripping.  I'm really pumped for this!

I think for future reference anyone getting this surgery should really from the beginning just build the stricture treatment into their plan for this process.

12 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Have you figured out what you're going to say if the urologist asked how this happened? I assume when he scopes you, he'll see that some kind of recent operation took place.

Yeah I'm going to mention the operation.  Same as I told my pcp I was going for the operation and had tentatively had the 2nd opinion referral that I never used.  My pcp knows I had the surgery and am seeing his urology referral now.  I just tell them it was at a small office that was recommended to me, and was a TURBN to deal with irritation (which it actually did help with), retention, and incontinence, which of course are all worse then ever now.

I am using a 18fr cath tonight to hopefully stretch me out a little bit.  The blockage has been really uncomfortable lately.

And hopefully the antibiotics will help reduce some swelling.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Reddy said:

I am using a 18fr cath tonight to hopefully stretch me out a little bit.  The blockage has been really uncomfortable lately.

When you have a cath in for a day or two, does the blockage go away for a day or so, or come back as soon as you remove the cath??

Thanks for the responses! Peeing 2 dozen times per day involuntarily in a flood when your bladder managed to squeeze past resistance actually sounds like my ideal form of incontinence to be honest. Obviously being blocked entirely isn't good, but I like the feeling of a gush of pee, especially one that I can't stop. I feel like dribbling  without ever having spurts would take some of the fun out of it for me.

It's not surprising you have an infection, you been cathing so much it's almost guaranteed. I actually have a possibile UTI myself at the moment, waiting on urinalysis results but I already have the Rx if I need it. Almost certainly a result of my recent forays into catheterizing. 

Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!

• Like 3

You certainly have had the whole enchilada there.  It does seem pretty tough to me that you got a glimpse of your promised land only to have it scoot away from you to be replaced by yet another obstacle (literal and metaphorical).

And yet, you’ve stayed upbeat and kept your eyes on the prize, which under the circumstances, is really the best thing you could do I think.

It’s a testament to the resilience of this mindset that this is how it rolls.  I guess it’s too soon to know if you’ve finally “scratched that itch” but your journey continues to be incredibly enlightening.  Thanks for sharing it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Reddy said:

When you put it in, do you still have the felling of when it enters the bladder? I haven't had a catheter in a very long time but I remember the felling of when it's at the bladder and finally pushed in.

I wonder because I'm fairly sure this is the sphincter that you feel when putting one in.

Hopefully this is all just swelling and will go down soon, stay strong.

Just a quick note to say I'm in the waiting room waiting for urology.  I don't really want to deal with the fact that I'm wearing a diaper, idk why suddenly it's really embarrassing me.  But I have been leaking constantly (which is odd because I was completely blocked when I woke up) so there's no way I could be out of diapers for this.

I didn't expect to be nervous at all but I am.  I just really want to get scheduled for a procedure.

• Like 6

Hi All,

He did a cystoscope and didn't find a stricture!  The camera tube went in very smoothly and easily.  He did say my bladder was full.  But then I had a flood in my diaper, so that was fine.  I also accidentally peed on his exam table and his floor.

He said the scraping that was done looks great, but the tissues are still healing and might have inflammation.

He definitely seemed confused about my procedure and he wanted my medical records.

So, I am happy he doesn't see a stricture, but I don't know what is wrong and why I can't pee.  I am a little hopeful that maybe it's just tissue inflammation and I'll be peeing freely soon.

But it's odd, and I'm surprised.

• Like 5

Great to hear, yeah I imagine it will take some time for the inflammation to fully clear. Wow leaking all over his table and floor, flooding your diaper. That all sounds so embarrassing and affirming at the same time. Did he comment about the state of your external sphincter? You told him you had a turp right (which typically doesn't touch the sphincter).

2 minutes ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Great to hear, yeah I imagine it will take some time for the inflammation to fully clear. Wow leaking all over his table and floor, flooding your diaper. That all sounds so embarrassing and affirming at the same time. Did he comment about the state of your external sphincter? You told him you had a turp right (which typically doesn't touch the sphincter).

He didn't really comment on that, other than to say even if he thought there was something in that area, he wouldn't want to go close to it because "that's where the external sphincter is, and if we damage that in any way you can become grossly incontinent."  Lol.

He really just thought everything looked good for a prostate surgery and was very opened up, just still healing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Reddy said:

Just a quick note to say I'm in the waiting room waiting for urology.  I don't really want to deal with the fact that I'm wearing a diaper, idk why suddenly it's really embarrassing me. 

I don't want to sound like Captain Obvious, but I think you may be in diapers for quite a while...  😁😁

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

He did a cystoscope and didn't find a stricture!  The camera tube went in very smoothly and easily.  He did say my bladder was full.  But then I had a flood in my diaper, so that was fine.  I also accidentally peed on his exam table and his floor.

Ok.... We need details!!  You said you went there diapered. What brand of diaper?  Was your diaper very wet when the doctor examined you? Did you bring a spare diaper, or did you have to wear the wet diaper home? (Hey, this IS the incontinence forum - You can't just tease us !!)  😁😂🤣😆

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

He said the scraping that was done looks great, but the tissues are still healing and might have inflammation.

Did he recommend wearing a catheter for a while, until things heal more?

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

He definitely seemed confused about my procedure and he wanted my medical records.

Did he ask where you had the operation done? What did you tell him about your medical records??

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

He didn't really comment on that, other than to say even if he thought there was something in that area, he wouldn't want to go close to it because "that's where the external sphincter is, and if we damage that in any way you can become grossly incontinent."  Lol.

So he couldn't tell the external sphincter was cut? ( It was cut, wasn't it? )

Sorry for the million questions.. But I'm pretty sure most of the folks following your journey have the same questions in mind...  😁

• Thanks 2

I’m curious about his recommendations going forward. It sounds like there is no problem requiring surgical intervention, so what did he say you should do to solve your retention problem?

22 minutes ago, Craisler said:

I’m curious about his recommendations going forward. It sounds like there is no problem requiring surgical intervention, so what did he say you should do to solve your retention problem?

I think I forgot to mention, as a next step, he wants to see my medical records from the turp.  That's tricky because I don't want to give him that.  Then, he said we could do a urodynamics test to see how my bladder is working.

Also Dr. Ivan said each patient is different, and possibly I have some bladder neck contracture.

The urodynamics will reveal all.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Reddy said:

He didn't really comment on that, other than to say even if he thought there was something in that area, he wouldn't want to go close to it because "that's where the external sphincter is, and if we damage that in any way you can become grossly incontinent."  Lol

You didn't correct him and say deliciously incontinent?

• Haha 4
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico