LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stupid HOA

What did he expect to happen?? you cannot make a flag of an ABDL breast feeding and fly it on your home??? If you had a home maybe 🤔 in a private Community that's only ABDL, then you could do that.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, foreverdl said:

What did he expect to happen?? you cannot make a flag of an ABDL breast feeding and fly it on your home??? If you had a home maybe 🤔 in a private Community that's only ABDL, then you could do that.

The Hard Times is a satire site, like The Onion.

• Thanks 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in an HOA community, and fortunately, we have adults with a sense of perspective running the HOA. There are few things that they enforce but mostly dealing with the aesthetics of fences. I replaced my fence two years ago and had to submit the plans for their approval. If they didn't get back to me in 14 days, it was considered approved. The HOA president sent me the list of fence rules (no chain link, no higher than 6 feet, must have a gap between pickets, etc.). I was replacing the old fence with an identical fence. No big deal.

I have heard of nightmare HOAs that require that you get approval for paint color on houses, and anything else in the yard.  It's ridiculous what some people think they have a right to dictate. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, WeaselDiaperBoy said:

I live in an HOA community, and fortunately, we have adults with a sense of perspective running the HOA. There are few things that they enforce but mostly dealing with the aesthetics of fences. I replaced my fence two years ago and had to submit the plans for their approval. If they didn't get back to me in 14 days, it was considered approved. The HOA president sent me the list of fence rules (no chain link, no higher than 6 feet, must have a gap between pickets, etc.). I was replacing the old fence with an identical fence. No big deal.

I have heard of nightmare HOAs that require that you get approval for paint color on houses, and anything else in the yard.  It's ridiculous what some people think they have a right to dictate. 

No chain link?  Man...we have a chain link fence and it has been the best money I've ever spent on a house.  Ours has been completely maintenance free for many years now.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, drynot said:

No chain link?  Man...we have a chain link fence and it has been the best money I've ever spent on a house.  Ours has been completely maintenance free for many years now.

It's an aesthetic thing, and I personally don't dislike a chain link fence. The home developers build a subdivision and they create a covenant that seeks to preserve a "look" and everyone who buys a house in the subdivision is required to sign the covenant as a condition of sale. The covenant is perpetual, and imposes a requirement that all sellers must pass on the same covenant. The covenant is on file with the county, so any change is rolled into the covenant on file. The covenant creates a board of directors elected by the homeowners, and they can hold homeowner meetings to change things, but changes are slow to occur and if we end up with idiots on the board, we could have a troop of enforcement zealots running amok. Like I said, our HOA is currently run by a reasonable group who appreciate keeping things simple and not going nuts with rules.

Outside of condo buildings and condo townhomes, we don't have a lot of HOA's in Canada. There are covenants that new subdivisions employ, such as "no clotheslines", and, agreements not to dramatically alter the grading of your lot, but they don't set up supervisory boards for the most part, and these things rarely get enforced. The provincial and municipal governments also have wide latitude to overrule these requirements - for example, the "no clotheslines" rule was swept off the books, along with "no solar panels", because they were deemed to be environmentally friendly. 

I can see both sides; if your neighbour has an overturned Camaro on their lawn as a "shooting car" and has painted their garage door Barbie pink, that might impact your resale value, but, I do not want a squad of septuagenarians coming around to tell me that my mailbox is out of spec, and I have 72 hours to take it down, either. I have buddies who live in Florida, where HOA's reign supreme, and some of the stuff they put up with amazes me, considering the US is the Land of the Free, whereas up here, we kind of consider ourselves to be the Land of the Polite and Orderly, and way more people have guns down there - there have to have been massacres that were traced back to disputes over the legality of garden gnomes. Although we actually had a guy go nuts in a Northern suburb of Toronto last year and murder a few members of a high-rise condo board, so we are not immune. 

In my experience, condo boards and HOA's inevitably attract the worst sorts of people, if reasonable people sit on their hands and aren't proactive about getting involved. 

I personally don't like HOA, but you know when you buy that there is one, so buy something else then you do what you want. But if you want the rules to keep the homes nice in the community then its good for you. I think that a chain link fence is a downfall of the area. We put one in at our old house and then a few neighbors did. Well then some cheaper guy put one in with wood post and staples to hold the chainlink .. It's nice to not have any fence, but we have a dog and out back needs it so the dogs in the next door homes are kept there. But in the front it's better to do bushes , roses and shrubs etc,, it looks nice with some work trimming, but makes the home look more inviting. Once a front fence is up the new people think there was a reason to put it up,, like trouble in the hood... Just my input.

I personaly have never seen a good HOA. The people that want to be on the board, are eather people trying to force there point of view on everyone else, or someone looking for money/power.

Remember that condo collaps on FL a year or so ago? HOA was a major cause of it, as they did not want to spend the money  that it would cost to fix the problems. Rather they where ok with slapping a coat of paint on things, and letting it ride.

As for fences, a lot of that is personal preference. Some really like the look and feel of a chainlink fence, some favor thoes white picket fences, and a lot of other things.

• 1 month later...

This man is delusional, why does everyone need to know what he does in his own home or what he wears under his pants? This is not discrimination. No one cares if you watch Bluey or wear a diaper or wear a onesie or childish clothing bought from Rearz or Littleforbig or lil link Botique. Imaging putting up a flag of you wearing lingerie. 

Oh I see this is posted on a satire site, but sadly there are ABDLs out there who actually think like this and treat it like it's LGBT. 

36 minutes ago, Nat said:

sadly there are ABDLs out there who actually think like this and treat it like it's LGBT. 

In theory, I think we ought to be able to be ourselves in public, just like you can now be openly LBGTQ+ in public (at least, you can some places), but I recognise that a functioning society has to balance every individual's freedoms. And it doesn't help that the people you are talking about, are almost never just living their lifestyle in public, or even indulging their ABDL or whatever else kink in public. They're indulging an exhibitionism and humiliation kink in public, people seeing them and either laughing or being disgusted is the point, and if they don't get the reaction they want, they deliberately push it until they do. Which is no longer, people can just ignore you, and is now very much in the realm of non-consensually involving them. And it hurts all of us.