LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Good will shopping holy grail find

fixitboy

In all my years of good will shopping I never in my wildest imagination thaut I  come across a find like this. Lucky I had two things going for me, one I wasn't close to home and 2 I had cash on me..so I worked up my courage grabbed a cart, filled it to the top and bought the lot.  With a bonus they where 1/2 price. Only 2.99 a pack

IMG_20230826_141103.jpg

• Like 6
  • fixitboy changed the title to Good will shopping holy grail find

I get a lot of my diapers from Goodwill but have never found premium diapers.  Mostly Prevail, Attends cloth backed and sometimes McKesson.  I passed a huge Goodwill store on my vacation trip this past week and stopped.  One of the biggest Goodwill stores I've seen.  I was expecting quite a lot of adult diapers but the only things they had were disposable adult underwear.  I was shocked a place that big wouldn't have adult tape on diapers!  I did end up getting a shirt.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that the 'Goodwill' stores were for those who needed / was dependant on an item that they couldn't afford in regular shops due to being on a low income and/or financially destitute having to choose, in this case, diapers over food / roof over their head. As a result, I don't think  @fixitboy or another 'diaper lover' should really have purchased them.

1 hour ago, babykeiff said:

I was under the impression that the 'Goodwill' stores were for those who needed / was dependant on an item that they couldn't afford in regular shops due to being on a low income and/or financially destitute having to choose, in this case, diapers over food / roof over their head. As a result, I don't think  @fixitboy or another 'diaper lover' should really have purchased them.

Thats not how thrift stores work.   Yes low income people do shop mainly for clothing their.  But most of the shoppers are middle class.   The idems are donated the money raised from sales is used to help people

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fixitboy said:

Thats not how thrift stores work.   Yes low income people do shop mainly for clothing their.  But most of the shoppers are middle class.   The idems are donated the money raised from sales is used to help people

Those diapers you paid $2.99 each are normally in the price range of $10 to $40 each. Some are dearer

• Pride Dotty Diapers are ST£16 / $20 per pack.
  • Bare Bum Diapers are ST£30 / $37 per pack.
  • Amor by DK Diapers are $35 - $50 per pack.
  • ABU Bunny Hops are $34 - $36 per pack.
  • The Bottom Half Group Diapers were $35 - $40 per pack

Total = ($20 X 2) + $37 + $35 + $34 + ($35 x 3) = $251 normal retail price and you stated that the price there was 8 x $2.99 = $23.04. The reason that they were discounted so much is so that those in financial desperation can afford them. If it was 'middle class' that you state normally buy them, would not the shop increase the price so that they could, as you state - help people more with more money?

As my point was originally, there are incontinent people living on or below the breadline who survive not only on handouts, but also on thrift stores selling donated / purchased items well below normal price. As a result, I would NOT shop in these stores but donate to them either product and/or money. For you doing same and then bragging about such a 'holy grail find' is beneath contempt in my eyes.

I thought that people here were of better charachter than that!

Most likely they were discounted so much is because they hadn't sold at the original price. Which means that other shoppers hadn't bought them. Given they are AB designs it's likely that most incontinent people wouldn't want them.

Plus for all you know, fixitboy just might be a low income incontinent person.

59 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Most likely they were discounted so much is because they hadn't sold at the original price. Which means that other shoppers hadn't bought them. Given they are AB designs it's likely that most incontinent people wouldn't want them.

That is possible, but still, if I or another person who is incontinent was financially destitute and placed in the situation where the choice is diapers or food, then I or another would be looking in thrift stores for diapers like most who are incontinent and below the poverty line.

59 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

...Plus for all you know, fixitboy just might be a low income incontinent person.

If that was true, would he not admit that he is incontinent and not a 'diaper lover' in his profile. Also, why boast about it saying that it is 'holy grail find'?

What you identify is possible, and it is why I first identified it as...

5 hours ago, babykeiff said:

As a result, I don't think  @fixitboy or another 'diaper lover' should really have purchased them.

.. giving @fixitboy the chance to explain his need. He didn't. Instead he tries to divert from his actions by stating...

3 hours ago, fixitboy said:

most of the shoppers are middle class.

This is not the usual behaviour of someone who is dependent on diapers. It is the behaviour of a person feeling guilty attemting to asuage his/her guilt when questioned.

Getting a bargin in a shop that doesn't specifically cater for the less fortunate is good business sense. However, taking something destined for another is theft even if a miniscule donation was involved. $20 for something that is`worth over $200. Boasting about that is beneth contempt. Supporting that action, to me, is similar to participating in the action. 

He had the option of giving $200 odd as a donation to Goodwill if he has any charachter... or even $100 to help the people below the breadline. Instead, he chose to boast about his action although he knows that the money in Goodwill is also used to help those less fortunate.

He also stated

...I had two things going for me, one I wasn't close to home and 2 I had cash on me..so I worked up my courage grabbed a cart,...

which also identifies that he is not used to buying diapers since he 'worked up the courage' and the second key point ' wasn't close to home' as this is something that he does in private, and that he purchased it in cash 'I had cash on me'

I sincerely doubt if the OP is incontinent.

I am not poor or destitute, I shop at goodwill all the time, always look for a good deal on diapers there, I would have bought them and not felt guilty at all, as a matter of fact I would feel good that the money I spent was going to help those less fortunate than myself.

15 hours ago, babykeiff said:

No.  Salvation Army even has their own stores and I saw a package of Attends in one years ago for over $12.  At the time it was only a couple dollars less than retail.  People think when they donate to Salvation Army their goods are given away free to needy families.  Not always by any means.  They put them in their stores to make money by selling them to anyone.  I can see that they may need funds to support their cause, but I'm pretty sure they have people financing them as well.

As far as Goodwill and thrift shops, that is exactly what they are.  A place for people to donate things they no longer want of have a use for and for anyone to browse and buy them..  I have donated many items including the clothes from my parents when they passed away.  My mom always bought high quality clothing from Lord & Taylor, Macy and Nordstrom.  No reason to see them go to waste and a person who is starting out in the business world can purchase several nice sets of lightly used clothing for less than one suit alone at a top end store.  I get a lot of my shirts for work at Goodwill, brand new ones a lot of the time.  Someone gets a shirt as a gift for their birthday or Christmas and doesn't like it, they don't offend the giver by asking, "Where did you get this and can I have the receipt to return it?"  They quietly give it to Goodwill.  I've purchased Christmas cookie jars for gifts, brand new electric tea kettles as well for $10 as gifts.  Goodwill will often have stacks of brand new old stock items in the unopened boxes like crock pots, toaster ovens and many other items.  When a manufacturer has a lot of stock left that they want to move, it is often donated to places like Goodwill for tax write offs.  Yes, these stores sell good items at lower prices, some used and some new.  They do not take donations and then give them away free to needy people.  Anyone of any income is welcome to shop at Goodwill and thrift shops.  They are not just for the needy low income or destitute people. 

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

No.  Salvation Army even has their own stores and I saw a package of Attends in one years ago for over $12.  At the time it was only a couple dollars less than retail.  People think when they donate to Salvation Army their goods are given away free to needy families.  Not always by any means.  They put them in their stores to make money by selling them to anyone.  I can see that they may need funds to support their cause, but I'm pretty sure they have people financing them as well.

As far as Goodwill and thrift shops, that is exactly what they are.  A place for people to donate things they no longer want of have a use for and for anyone to browse and buy them..  I have donated many items including the clothes from my parents when they passed away.  My mom always bought high quality clothing from Lord & Taylor, Macy and Nordstrom.  No reason to see them go to waste and a person who is starting out in the business world can purchase several nice sets of lightly used clothing for less than one suit alone at a top end store.  I get a lot of my shirts for work at Goodwill, brand new ones a lot of the time.  Someone gets a shirt as a gift for their birthday or Christmas and doesn't like it, they don't offend the giver by asking, "Where did you get this and can I have the receipt to return it?"  They quietly give it to Goodwill.  I've purchased Christmas cookie jars for gifts, brand new electric tea kettles as well for $10 as gifts.  Goodwill will often have stacks of brand new old stock itemas in the unopened boxes like crock pots, toaster ovens and many other items.  When a manufacturer has a lot of stock left that they want to move, it is often donated to places like Goodwill for tax write offs.  Yes, these stores sell good items at lower prices, some used and some new.  They do not take donations and then give them away free to needy people.  Anyone of any income is welcome to shop at Goodwill and thrift shops.  They are not just for the needy low income or destitute people. 

Across the world, there are 'charity type' shops that sell second hand / donated / new products at hughly discounted prices specifically for the less fortunate. I have been in a few of them, and also purchased from them. No matter what the price is, I always at least give the cashier 3-5 times the price, and I've never bought diapers / clothes there, usually DVDs which I watch, and redonate to them. These charity shops are usually the only source of clothes etc for those below the breadline, so in my mind, removing items 'at a bargin' is also removing them from the already needy.

I have yet to see these shops refuse donations other than unwashed clothes etc. Some people in this world dump on these shops stuff that normally should be in the dump AND then shop in the stores negotiating the price after causing the staff hassle, and caused even more hassle cause the shop didn't have a way to accept credit card payment. The same person, I seen, left the shop with her haul and then got into a brand new merc.

On 8/26/2023 at 2:39 PM, Dee Cee said:

if its not the Assurance brand *STYLE* AND photo I posted... thanks.. I will pass368672291_1047541856615132_7005351999043770005_n.thumb.png.0dc0667248a912591d2c5857fb62baf6.png

I have got got a case of depends pull ons and two big giant packs of the same stile of diapers ,all in size large , they are no good to me , because they fit fine , but they don’t have the padding I want , they just have this pad not much bigger than those pads girls used to use , for their periods , and I tried them on 2at a time , and poop just leaked everywhere , in them all up front , and right up the back too !  Anybody want to get a good deal on them , you pay the shipping too ! Just let me know , thanks for your time .

What a haul!!  All I ever seem to find in thrift stores are mass market brand pull ups or pharmacy chain cloth backed diapers.  I've yet to come across any higher end medical brands or ABDL diapers.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, fixitboy said:

In all my years of good will shopping I never in my wildest imagination thaut I  come across a find like this. Lucky I had two things going for me, one I wasn't close to home and 2 I had cash on me..so I worked up my courage grabbed a cart, filled it to the top and bought the lot.  With a bonus they where 1/2 price. Only 2.99 a pack

IMG_20230826_141103.jpg

Hiii!

Ooooooh you lucky pup!

🧜‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Wow that is quite a find....Those original style DC Amors alone make it a great haul. Theres a Good Will near me and they never have anything good. I go all the time. Its usually just clothlike Attends and Depnds underwear and pads. Im thinking its about just hitting it at the right moment I guess.

Wow great find! Those first generation DC Amors alone make it a great find!