LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Waistbands: Useless or helpful?

Waistbands on disposables? Essential or a sham? Personally I don't find they add anything to diaper wearing experience. The elastic isn't strong enough to actually snug a diaper, and the tape tabs aren't on the top edge of the diaper, so that's not the snug-line anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah... I've never been impressed with their functionality.   ABDL products have them for the "authenticity" factor, but mainstream products, well, it just adds cost where it doesn't really benefit.    I find that some brands they're not very robust, so if you stretch them to the limit, they just fall apart anyway.

I tend to snug the waist up with the top tapes so the elastic stretches tight so without the elastic nothing would be any different. I don't think diapers would be any less expensive if they did away with them though, I think it would just add to the companies bottom line.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

As far as im concerned. They sucked when I last used them at the age of 5 and pretty sure they still pretty terrible.

A absorbent jock strap is what they are.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2023 at 10:51 AM, DailyDi said:

Waistbands on disposables? Essential or a sham? Personally I don't find they add anything to diaper wearing experience. The elastic isn't strong enough to actually snug a diaper, and the tape tabs aren't on the top edge of the diaper, so that's not the snug-line anyway.

Hiii!

Amen brother! They don't seem to do anything, even if I try to tape at the elastic line.

?‍♂️

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I am in the minority here, I have always preferred at least a rear waistband, as it snugged up the back of the diaper to my back. Front waistbands are kind of useless though.

If the tapes stick very good (such as Mega Max and some others), I value having the slight stretch so I can slide down the diaper to use the toilet when I can make it.  I mainly need at night, so not as much issues there, but now I need something at times during the day.... 

Still prefer cloth most of the time....

On 3/2/2023 at 10:51 AM, DailyDi said:

Well, if you're talking about elastic waistband pants then I would say that they make diaper changes much easier and add to the feeling of being a toddler again. Having the snap and zipper just makes diapee changes a lot harder than they need to be. I wonder if you can actually get custom made adult elastic waistband toddler-style pants.? That would really add to the whole baby experience in my opinion.????????♥️??????