LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hook'n loop > Tapes (ABDL diapers)

Dubious

I hated hook'n loop before, but now I'm starting to like it since its so easy to refasten the tapes, so the diaper don't slide off when I walk. 
Tape wont re-stick after it has been on for many hours.

Even two-tape bunny hopps is useable, since it can be refastened, but until I lose a lot of weight they wont work properly. 
Current favorite is the 4 tape version.

I usually wear early mornings for about 3 hours when I get up early on days I don't have to work, maybe once or twice a week.  Premium diapers would be a waste for such a short time so I get most of my diapers at Goodwill for about $3 a pack of 18 or 24.  These are more like store brands, Attends 4 tape, Prevail and McKesson.  9 times out of 10 they are cloth backed with hook and loop tapes.  Cloth backed diapers tend to loosen up over time no matter how tight you originally tape them.  For my plastic backed premium diapers like Betterdry, Abena and Molicare I do prefer the sticky double tapes that hold really tight and that you can redo with the second tape if some adjustment is needed, but for cloth backed lower end disposable diapers you can't beat being able to reposition and tighten things up many times if needed with the hook and loop tapes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Huggybutt said:

Being a big Tykables fan I definitely like the refasten ability for many reasons. I just wish the hook and loop landing zone wasn't soo big.

@Huggybutt

I have been fortunate enough to have been sent a case of Tykeables overnights. I have been wearing them since I received the package earlier this month, and I'm on my second of four packages of 10. I like the hook and loop tapes, and I like the fact that the area is wider to be able to stick something to, because sometimes you cannot pull the tape closer to the area regardless of how far you go, because I've had it where I stick the wing all the way down so that I can get it to be exact or pretty darn close to the middle of the attachment zone, and it seems like I only am able to attach it that way that way to one side. sometimes it sometimes it can get a little bit loose, but the good thing is you can quickly reattach. Even when you're dealing with a mega Max, you can only attach it so many times, and if you get anything on the tapes you're dead meat. I'm not sure exactly how these companies make these hook and loop tapes, But so far wearing a tykables Overnight has been like wearing 24 karat gold diapers. these things are incredible.

Not only do they remind me of the diapers we used to have as kids, because of the colors,, and the designs, but the feeling of these overnight waddler's diapers really makes me think I am little! you can't you can't really fault them too much about the design, but at least these diapers can take what you what you throw at them, and I think they can even hold more than a megamax. however, after a while any diaper is going to feel like it's overflowing, but I've had it where I'm able to wear it for at least 12 maybe 14 to 16 hours, before changing them. They're really good diapers and I love them to death, and I never thought that me being the way I am, helping people the way I do, would result in me being able to get such a nice gift from the person who I helped. that is what makes me feel good, that I can help people that need it, or that need advice, or that just wanna talk. part of being online means that you are there to help people when you need to, And you and you can get help when you need it. Many people here on daily diapers have helped me in the past, and they continued to make this the most awesome in cyberspace. many times I think of myself and where I was about 20 years ago, and man and things have changed, but I can tell you from experience, when I was lurking here, the post I was reading were awesome, and the people that are here working with us are amazing!

back to the topic: hook and loop tapes have their place, and they work well with certain diapers. my concern is that Okin Loop tapes have to be good tapes also, but in order for the tapes to be good, in my opinion the diaper that they're attached to has to be good. you can't use cheap diapers that would fall apart, or that you have to staple to yourself in order to be able to use appropriately. if a diaper is built like that, it is not a diaper, it is tabbed underwear, and that's all it is. if these things tear like your underwear when you rip them, then they're not worth the money that you put into them, and if you and if you're using stuff like that, you don't want to be a person who release a whole load of pee when you do that, because all of these cheap diapers can even take one wetting:  I still am of the opinion that companies don't want us to have good stuff, they want us to use crap because they think it's easier on their pocketbooks: while that is appropriate when you're trying to save money save, saving money is one thing, dropping the quality and the workmanship of a product does not gain you customer confidence, And if there's too many people that don't like your product, they won't buy it anymore. Hook and loop tapes have their place, But if you have to keep a diaper in position, you want tapes that will hold you there. So far the overnights have done that, and I've only had one situation where I think the diaper was put on a little crooked, but I made it work.

I agree These tykables are awesome, and and they are premium. I don't think I could afford paying what you would pay for these, because you'd have to pay the shipping as well. When I buy my megamax diapers from my supplier, which Medicaid pays for, they are $35 a bag, and they used to be about 24 dollars. I'm not sure about this, but I certainly do hope that what I use for diapers does not end up being about $70.00 a bag, because that would be ridiculous! people need good products not cheap throw away products that don't last five minutes, and not products that rip apart the minute you try to put them on. that's why I got after some of these companies asking them why they do these stupid downgrades because it doesn't help anyone: if you wanna stay dry you want plastic back diapers period, And not some knockoff throw away that last five minutes or doesn't even hold one release.

Brian

Hook and loop is the best!, I will miss plastic covered but hook and loop is more practical for me as Ive had tapes fail on me a lot of times in the past. But surely there is a chance that hook and loop could be done poorly like if you were to fasten tight, the tab could rip off from the diaper completely.

• Like 1

Hook n Loop diapers have come a long way.  I've been happy with the DinoRawrZ and Mermaid Tales ?‍♀️ and even the Barnyard diapers that I've tried.  The Bambinos have been good too.  It's truly amazing how well they hold.

I still prefer sticky tapes and a landing zone though.

I like them, but the sides stretch out too much so your constantly tightening as time goes on.  Wearing underwear over it would help, but I just don't due to fear of chaffing.  Maybe plastic paints...but oh the heat.

7 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

I like them, but the sides stretch out too much so your constantly tightening as time goes on.  Wearing underwear over it would help, but I just don't due to fear of chaffing.  Maybe plastic paints...but oh the heat.

What type have you tried that stretch?

This is not about cloth-like, but about plastic ABDL diapers with hook'n loop, so they shouldn't stretch. 
Only landing site and the "tape" is different.