LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What did everyone get for Christmas.

bbtwin

So what did everyone get for Christmas.

I got a new 33 oz travel coffee container with metal straw.

A Star Wars Darth Vader nutcracker.

A Star Wars Sentsy Plush Darth Vader.

and a couple of new shirts.

• Like 3

i got a power  supply for my other  laptop(the first one started sounding like popcorn) a 20 dollar walfart giftcard, and the best gift was my moms blood pressure systolic being between 110 and 129 on eve and xmas day 2 readings in a row with no chest pain. an uncle gave me a shoulder holster but im not likely to wear it, id have to take the laser site off my gun to fit in it.

• Like 1

Way too much stuff from my brother!  It's just us that we buy for for the most part but he spent way much more than I figured and more than I spent on him.  He asked me what I wanted, he didn't know what to get me and I told him a couple books, a DVD and a cordless electric drill.   He had to have cleaned out the stores!  I appreciated each gift that was selected for me with thought in mind.

I kind of feel sorry for people who just get gift cards.  I know they like them and the money and all.  They just don't have the joy of opening up a gift that they have no idea what it may be and being surprised, finding something unique that they can use or just a gift they wouldn't have thought of for themselves but love.  I know the trend is 5 minutes shopping on line and getting gift cards for everyone but that is just way too impersonal to me.  It screams, "I have to get people things, I don't have the time or inclination to go shopping to pick something special out so I'll just give gift cards and get it over with".  For the recipient, it says, "I expect a gift.  I don't want some item someone picks out with thought in mind, I just want money so I can go out and get what I want".  It speaks to me of greed.  I know for many that isn't the case, but for lots of others it is. 

I wish all the people 40 and younger would have to live at least one Christmas like it was 1965, before gift cards and internet shopping when you had to shop in person at various stores and pick out gifts for people that you think they would appreciate, or order a few things from the Sears catalog.  They might enjoy it and get a new insite on what it's like to spend time looking at what's out there, selecting those special gifts for friends and family, wrapping them with care in joyful paper you picked out that had Santa's, snowmen, reindeer or just holly, poinsettias or candy canes.  Then the actual joy in someone's face as they opened up that special gift or toy selected with much thought and love.  Hand someone a $50 gift card?  Just not the same.

• Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I kind of feel sorry for people who just get gift cards.  I know they like them and the money and all.  They just don't have the joy of opening up a gift that they have no idea what it may be and being surprised, finding something unique that they can use or just a gift they wouldn't have thought of for themselves but love.  I know the trend is 5 minutes shopping on line and getting gift cards for everyone but that is just way too impersonal to me.  It screams, "I have to get people things, I don't have the time or inclination to go shopping to pick something special out so I'll just give gift cards and get it over with".  For the recipient, it says, "I expect a gift.  I don't want some item someone picks out with thought in mind, I just want money so I can go out and get what I want".  It speaks to me of greed.  I know for many that isn't the case, but for lots of others it is.

i share the same sentiment. although, when i do give gift cards, its less of a lack of effort on my part and more of a concession that the recipient is impossible or too picky to buy for (thankfully this is very rare)

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I kind of feel sorry for people who just get gift cards.

I understand the sentiment but I think there's also a thoughtful way to do giftcards. For instance, my family is very harshly against giftcards on Santa lists for Christmas because they too like to see people open a physical item and feel joy. 

But this year was an exception because I just moved to a new apartment and my roommate and I have an amazon list of things we need around the house. Most of it is too expensive for a christmas gift in my family (not to mention technophobes who also wait til the last minute to shop), so I was given an amazon gift card and told to send pictures of the things I buy with it instead. 

I also gifted a play station gift card to my brother because I know it's his favorite past time and he hates "pay to win" functions. So in a way, I "paid for him to win". 

There's also the people who give gift cards along side other gifts. A coworker gave a 5 dollar Bath and Bodyworks giftcard to everyone in our stockings at work. So we had sweets and can get a nice lotion or something later. I think the trend nowadays is to use them as stocking stuffers? ? 

But, I see your point. And you're right. Giftcards have kinda harshed the Christmas gift flow over the years. But, there's a wrong and a right way to gift giftcards. 1, as long as theyre giftcards to actual places the person enjoys and not just a visa card. 2, still wrap them because everyone should tear into a present on Christmas (and have fun with it! Triple wrap it in a big box!) 3, have purchase ideas in mind for that person for that giftcard. "Hey, I know you're reading that series. Heres a B&N card to grab a few more." "You've been talking about a new set of shoes coming in February, here's a Nike giftcard to buy them." Etc. 

• Like 1

I think with gift cards it seems to depend upon intent. And circumstances. I can see some people- perhaps they have a lot on their plate (either dealing with a husband/ wife battling a critical illness, or they're in a job where they've been working 60+ hours a week and literally do not have the time or energy to shop, even online, and other circumstances that are stressful, emotional, time consuming etc) where if the circumstances were different they would go do individual shopping but they can't, so hey everyone is getting prepaid visa gift cards! That's different from just shrugging, going "Meh, fuck it, I'll keep it simple and just get everyone the same gift card." 

I've given gift cards to some relatives who are extremely picky thus hard to buy for. And I get it- one of my siblings has sensory issues. Clothes have to be a certain style/ cut/ color/ fabric/ material etc. So unless they give me a specific item/ size/ color etc they're getting a gift card to their favorite store. This year I was able to get them the exact pants they wanted. I just take my list, go up to a store worker and be like "Excuse me, do you have Style X in size Y and color z?"

Another present win was getting a sibling one of those pillow pet thingies that seem to be all the rage- Squishables? Plushmellows? Squishmellos? Something like that?  (I don't remember, I ordered it during Black Friday)  and I had the exact style / color and it took a lot of online hunting but I was able to buy it. 

I do prefer giving a gift the recepient actually gets to open. But I also want to give them something I know they want/ need/ can use. So if a gift card is the best way to do that, I'll go with a gift card.  I still like them to have something to open, so sometimes I'll get them something little to go with the gift card- a cute little plushy or their favorite candy, etc. or their favorite Bath and Body Works scent in a small lotion or body spray etc. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

No presents here except for the love of some of our diaper-family who put Christmas dinner on our table!

@DailyDi

As I've learned as a child, christmas is basically a holiday where you get together, have fun, and each other's love, and Family. As a child I learned that it's not the amount of things you receive, it is the the fact that there are people out in the world who celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, and always remember that " jesus is the reason for the season."  Remembering this puts it into perspective that tells me that the most important thing is to have people that love you around you, people who enjoy each other's company, and the spirit of Christmas. I know that there are some people that might think that sounds ridiculous, but as long as you have those things, you are all set.

One: you have your mother, and that's important, so you have family with you. You have the daily diapers family of over 50,000 users, and we all want you to Have a good holiday. So you had family around you, and we support you and love you Mikey!

Two:  The daily diapers community, which is a very strong family unit in my opinion, came through for you so that so that you could enjoy a Christmas dinner! that is awesome, and I am very happy that you were able to enjoy A nice dinner with your mom. Sometimes the greatest gift in the world is just being able to spend time, have a good meal, And remember Christmases of the past, when you were younger and you had memories Of other family members around you or what you did as a family. Those that are closest to you you always will have good memories of, and sometimes you might have things that have happened that might not be as happy as others, but Sometimes what I have to do is I have to go back in time in my head and remember the good times we used to have, because many of the people that were in my life back then with us, so those types of memories will always be lasting ones. Especially ones with my aunt Julie who always had the Christmas Spirit, and she was disabled and had Down syndrome, and she always had beliefs in things like the Easter Bunny or tooth fairy or Santa Claus, those are beliefs that we have as kids because our parents instill them in us, And my aunt julie  was always the one who wanted to have a party, especially on her mom's birthday the 4th of July when everyone would be enjoying each other. Sometimes memories are things that we hold and those are things that help us in times of strife or difficulty. Hold on to those memories my friend, because they will always help you in times of need.

Three:  One of the things I've learned is that it's not about the gift you receive that are physical ones. The best gift that you can receive is the gift of those that love you and care about you and want you to succeed and make the best of what you have. we have a lot of people here on DD, and I am close to many of you, and I like to think of myself as a member who has the spirit of the holidays in his heart, so that I can spread it to others. Some people might not have enough to eat, Or a warm place to sleep, or even have a blanket to sleep on. in my job in the thrift store, I try to help people who need those types of things, and it's my hope that by doing the things I do i'm able to help somebody that might not have Something so that they have what they need. sometimes all it's needed is to give somebody and encouraging word or two, and give them the ability to think positively. Situations always occur and you just have to think in your head how you would help someone in that position. I always try to help people in that type of position, because I figure if I help them in a position like that, maybe somebody will return the favor to me at some point perry to always say that people Should pay it forward, Hopping those in need when they need it most. It is my hope that by doing what I have done to help you in daily diapers, that I have been able to pay it forward, and I'm glad to be able to do it when I can, because sometimes, the best thing is to be able to have the good feeling by doing what you think is right: it makes me feel good to be able to do things for others when I have the ability, because it means that someone else will be able to enjoy the fruits But someone puts on a peril of my labor, so they don't have to work as hard.

we love you Mikey: I hope that you enjoyed your Christmas with your mom and that you were able to enjoy all the yummy food! the most important thing in my mind is that you were able to enjoy holiday, and you were able to have a full belly afterwards! we have a problem with homelessness and hunger in the world, and I hope that somehow by doing my little bit, I was able to help you, and by doing the work I do every day, i'm able to help others. I don't manage the food pantry section, because that is a job that is better suited for somebody that has the experience, but this thrift store and the food pantry and the other ministries of the church are there to help others. one thing I've learned about working with my colleagues at the church is that there are people who need the help, help them, and then there's other people that try to pull a fast one, and we try to balance the people that need to help against the that may end up being fast and loose, but the idea is we always try to help people in need!

In my mind the greatest gift that I received is the love of my family and the love of my online family: spent a good portion of yesterday talking to others on and off all day long, and that was fun, and it took the edge off of some of the things that were on my mind, and I was able to be at peace. may you always gain a blessing every day, And I hope that 2023 all the best wishes, and that you're able to do awesome things, because you are awesome sir!

Merry Christmas Mikey!

Brian

My family went much lighter this year, which we all agreed was fine. I got some money from family, which was going towards a bill payment, but is now going towards the next time my car is in the shop. I did get a Harry Potter box set, which was pretty cool though.

• Like 1

There are some reasons a gift card can be appropriate, as people mentioned.  Gift cards from the boss in the office stockings are OK.  They are your employees, not family.  I'm specifically targeting the Scrooges who have the time to shop but just don't care about family or close friends and giving them a meaningful gift from the heart chosen with each special person in mind.  It's a chore for them, bothersome so just get a gift card to fulfill the expectation.  Likewise the teens and young people who have grown to expect money.  It's not about giving someone money or a gift card because they expect it to go buy what they want.  It's the thoughts behind picking out a gift for someone you think they would like and that person's appreciation of that gift.  Too many people these days take their gifts back to the store for money.  They should learn to be thankful and enjoy whatever they get, knowing so many in the world are poor, out of work and don't even get anything at all.  Yes, in some instances gift cards are OK to give, but in so many other ways they are impersonal because the giver just doesn't want to take the time (when they are perfectly able to) to go out and shop.  It's a nuisance and bother to them.  Likewise the spoiled greedy kids and teens who over the years have come to expect money and gift cards as normal and anything less won't do.

• Like 1

Mine get here around the 29th. It's my online purchases from this year. So... Three Jean Claude Van Damme films, the last Abigail Breslin movie I need on DVD, named Keane... And Hanson's "White Rabbit" EP

• Like 1

Received a large, green mug with a small, dark, solid chocolate candy bar, a tin of Chex, Cheerios, pretzel sticks, nuts with a light sauce. ( Forgot what you call it), and some gift cards. Too bad one didn't come from an abdl company, but my family doesn't know about us. ? Don't want them to.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, diperhiker said:

Received a large, green mug with a small, dark, solid chocolate candy bar, a tin of Chex, Cheerios, pretzel sticks, nuts with a light sauce. ( Forgot what you call it),  ?

Nuts and Bolts. 

I made a large batch of it this year. 

• Like 1