LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper manufacturing defects

Young1

How many times have people ordered a case of diapers (for me 4 packs of 15 each - 60 diapers) and at least 1 pack has a couple diapers that either are defective or damaged? 

Ive had several instances where one of the tabs was not put on properly or was glued to the diaper next to it...... happens ever 4 case orders or so..... 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Young1 said:

How many times have people ordered a case of diapers (for me 4 packs of 15 each - 60 diapers) and at least 1 pack has a couple diapers that either are defective or damaged? 

Ive had several instances where one of the tabs was not put on properly or was glued to the diaper next to it...... happens ever 4 case orders or so..... 

ive had some depends like that, the tape was already stuck to the shell and i couldnt get it off, so i couldnt wear it.

they sent me a coupon for a free bag i think, it was a while back, for the past couple years ive been going with a much more cost effective brand, cost effective because they are free! my mom orders them from some thing she gets with her insurance, up to a certain amount each quarter and not having to pay out of pocket, not even for shipping, kinda miss the plastic backing but these have a clothlike backing and i get fewer rashes with them(where the leg gathers go against my skin)

I had issues with Walgreens brand blowing out in the seams in the rear (common complaint on the reviews) and called the phone number on it.  It was actually Attends who answered and gave me a refund.  Also, suggested  trying a larger size so they aren't so tight there.  They were incredibly nice about it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Young1 said:

Do you know why that is buddy, and does it STILL happen to you, and is it annoying to you?!????? Big hugs Young1! Love you!♥️?♥️?♥️??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Back when I wore Depend I would occasionally get a defect, and would write to the company and get a free bag coupon in response.

Would you recommend doing that for other companies like ABDL ones?!????

Just now, Little Spider said:

Would you recommend doing that for other companies like ABDL ones?!????

I give smaller companies more "benefit of the doubt." I won't complain about a single diaper or two in a case being bad. But I do say something if it's more widespread and might be a problem to other users too.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I give smaller companies more "benefit of the doubt." I won't complain about a single diaper or two in a case being bad. But I do say something if it's more widespread and might be a problem to other users too.

Cool, I like how your word carries a lot of influence and power. It just feels RIGHT!????♥️?♥️??

• Thanks 1

At 1 time i did have like 5 or 6 with a tape defect and did contact the seller and got a case free. But now lately its just been 1 or 2 diapers out of a whole case, so i dont really complain. 

But you would think quality control would catch that??????? Idk i would love to see the proccess of diaper making in the factories to see where the issueis at...

• Like 1

Quality control seems to be lacking in many brands, which leads me to ask if all diapers are made by a handful of manufacturers. Dry 24/7 got so bad that my supplier quit carrying them. Better Dry and by extension, Crinklz have had their tab issues. I've had a couple clump and fall apart on the floor. We'll see how the InControl works.

So, today I ordered a case of InControl Elites, but didn't think of quantity until after I ordered. I'm thinking there is 40 in a case (other than 60 or 72). Hopefully, it's more than 10, per bag but I'm not holding my breath. They don't tell you the number in a bag/case.

3 hours ago, ppdude said:

So, today I ordered a case of InControl Elites, but didn't think of quantity until after I ordered. I'm thinking there is 40 in a case (other than 60 or 72). Hopefully, it's more than 10, per bag but I'm not holding my breath. They don't tell you the number in a bag/case.

3 bags - 12 diapers each bag - https://rearz.ca/amp/incontrol-elite-hybrid-adult-incontinence-briefs/?

I've had plenty over the years.  Most recently Abena Abriforms that came with 1 tape already stuck to the backsheet. 

As far as quality control - it's likely just random sampling, so a luck of the draw if they snag a faulty one out of however many hundred that fly by.   Production volume is far too great to be able to inspect every single unit produced. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Young1 said:

At 1 time i did have like 5 or 6 with a tape defect and did contact the seller and got a case free. But now lately its just been 1 or 2 diapers out of a whole case, so i dont really complain. 

But you would think quality control would catch that??????? Idk i would love to see the proccess of diaper making in the factories to see where the issueis at...

Yeah, that would be very interesting buddy. I remember "How It's made"did an episode on how baby diapers are made, and I thought it was very interesting seeing the process for that. So I would LOVE to see how the process is different for the ABDL companies.??♥️????♥️??????????♥️????

Everyone has defects at some point.
If its really bad you can get a refund, but if its just 1 diaper in hundreds of packs I would just call it a fluke. 

Tena is not always perfect.  I have seen a few where the wings are slightly smaller, or where the cut isn't 100%.
But they are still just fine to be used.
More problems with ABDL diapers where the tape just rips off. I still put it on, with duct tape. 

I have seen how baby diapers are made, and its a machine/camera that makes sure all is made correctly and it should pull out all that has imperfections so a human can see how bad it is.  No idea if they do the same with adult diapers. 

You have to figure there are machines that turn out thousands of disposable diapers a day.  Some companies have several machines that make their diapers since diapers, even adult diapers come in many different sizes.  I'm sure just like any other machine they have to set them up for the size they plan on making.  Manually having to set up any machine can cause issues that may have to be fine tuned to get it right.  Lets say a machine goes from size medium to size large.  That means an increase in the size of the plastic backing that needs to be trimmed, same for the increase in the size of the padding front to back and side to side, the glue areas to glue everything together and the placement of the tapes.  Then from what I have read, if any of the rollers aren't clean debris, no matter how small, can cause pin holes in the plastic backing.  Even if a diaper machine is set up correctly and a few sample runs are made first, that's not to say during the production run something might shift or come lose.  Having run a multi colored printing press for many years, I know from experience that things can come loose during a run or you need to stop and clean things.

I have had some issues over the years on some diapers.  I've never had any issues with the tapes on Betterdry diapers but when Tranquility ATN's first came out I bought a package.  Every tape on the upper left side came off on the back of the diaper where it was attached.  I finally just used a stapler to staple it on before I diapered myself.  A year and a half ago when I was on vacation I had the inner lining on both Betterdry and Mega Max diapers fail and tear along the seam where it attached to the backing.  The Mega Max was so bad I took off my shorts in the motel room and all the inner padding fell out on the floor.  it was a big mess I had to clean up.  In that case, I think it wasn't so much the fault of the diapers.  It was 85 degrees and very humid outside and I had been doing a lot of walking, plus I had coated my bottom with diaper rash ointment and I think that was just too much for the inner lining to take.

• Like 1

Defects have caused me to change brands in the past.  Several year back I was using Tranquility Smart Core diapers and it seemed that defective tapes were becoming more and more prevalent.  At one point 3 - 4 diapers per pack would have the tape separate from the diaper before I could even put it on.  At first I wrote this off to pulling too hard on the tape but after adjusting my technique it became apparent that they were simply not attached well.

Because of this I tried Northshore and became a satisfied user for several years.

• Like 1