LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetting while driving?

Has anyone got any good tips to wet while driving?

I think I know what the issue is. When driving, all your focus is geared toward getting from point A to point B. I can never seem to initiate wetting while focused on driving. When I stop at a red light, my concentration can shift and I may or may not start wetting. Results vary. When I park the car, my bladder is ready to go and I wet (almost easily).

I've tried shifting my position. I've tried concentrating to wet while driving. Nothing seems to be working for me.

Any ideas?

• Like 2

All I can say is that at some point on my journey through this, that inhibition disappeared.  It seemed to be an habituation thing.  Sometimes there can be a physical problem depending on whether or not the car seat is pushing my nappy onto my urethra.  In this scenario, shifting position or lifting slightly in my seat generally solves the problem.

I have noticed that somebody pulling a dumb move in traffic around me (or ME pulling a dumb move although I try to avoid doing that) will invoke something resembling a "clench" response.  I've no idea if that still works or not.

I can recall early on that exhaling and leaving myself with exhaled breath (delaying inhalation) could bring on a micro-pee.  I can't say that driving and hypoxia would be a great combo though so don't go nuts or anything ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not easy to get this working properly, but I got there in the end.  First you've got to relax, so being worried about it is counterproductive. Which is a pain!  Relaxing my legs helped - resting my left leg up on the rest 'pedal' on the floor helped.  Shuffling around a bit helped, to get the weight off my undercarriage.  And gradually it became easier.  But it was over months, not days or weeks.  Good luck!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, oznl said:

Sometimes there can be a physical problem depending on whether or not the car seat is pushing my nappy onto my urethra.  In this scenario, shifting position or lifting slightly in my seat generally solves the problem.

Yes, this can happen frequently.  I brace my legs against the floor and lift up off the seat (yes, while driving sometimes) and that takes the pressure off and makes it easier to pee.  Mostly I do it when at a stop light.  I've even lifted my butt off the seat while driving at 65MPH down the highway to poop in my diaper.  The main thing is not to be distracted by wetting your diaper while driving.  Keep your mind on your driving and the other cars around you to stay safe.  Practice wetting while sitting parked in your car, then when stopped at a traffic light first.  After you get somewhat comfortable on what you may have to do to get things flowing, take it easy and slow actually driving the first few times.  A deserted road somewhere that you don't have to worry about your speed and other cars around you.

• Like 4

For a long time this was an issue for me as well.  I've been heavy diapertraining for a while now.  One day as I was driving I suddenly realized I was wetting myself.  It was one of the first times I realized I was wetting after it started.  Funny how it was at a time I previously had difficulties wetting.

• Like 3
On 9/30/2022 at 6:05 AM, rusty pins said:

Yes, this can happen frequently.  I brace my legs against the floor and lift up off the seat (yes, while driving sometimes) and that takes the pressure off and makes it easier to pee.  Mostly I do it when at a stop light.  I've even lifted my butt off the seat while driving at 65MPH down the highway to poop in my diaper.  The main thing is not to be distracted by wetting your diaper while driving.  Keep your mind on your driving and the other cars around you to stay safe.  Practice wetting while sitting parked in your car, then when stopped at a traffic light first.  After you get somewhat comfortable on what you may have to do to get things flowing, take it easy and slow actually driving the first few times.  A deserted road somewhere that you don't have to worry about your speed and other cars around you.

This is what I did too. Getting the pressure off helps tremendously. There are 2 other features that help. 1) trust your protection or being willing to leak all over yourself as holding back or stopping the flow will actually work against your overall training. 
2) even with step one you still may find it hard to initiate while driving. A trick I did when the urges hit was to conscientiously NOT think so that the body would take over as I relaxed. I did this by mentally talking to myself with a game of “I see”

”red ford mustang”

”green jeep”

“Mayflower moving truck”

etc.

eventually the bladder would boil over and I would void. While I can wet easily while driving now, I still occasionally have to lift myself up to relieve the pressure if there is a blockage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me, it was something that I had to get used to, much like wetting while lying in bed, or wetting while walking. In my pre-diaper days, I generally only peed while standing over, or sitting on, a toilet, and it is amazing how ingrained those "situational" requirements become. Before I went 24/7, I used to sometimes drive hundreds of kilometers on business trips, and the odd time, I would wear a pull-up or a diaper, if I was going to be landing at a hotel before I visited clients. I recall having to push very hard in order to pee in it, and it was something I had to concentrate on, so, I didn't tend to do it while, say, merging or making a left turn in heavy traffic. 

Once I went 24/7, I started wetting while seated with much greater frequency - in my office, sitting up in bed, on the couch in front of the TV, etc. I think that generalized over to driving, because it became easier. I didn't have to push, I just had to let it happen. Now, around 3.5 years in, I wet without thinking about it while driving. I've even had stretches where I get relaxed enough "down there" that I feel like I'm draining freely. I go into an almost automaton-like state while covering hundreds of kilometers, and I have stretches where there is no recollection of ever deliberately wetting, but, my diaper is wetter. So, it will come, if you practice. 

I've been wetting and messing my diapers for so long (conditioning and practice) that I can wet and mess without anyone knowing; although i don't mess when social conventions dictate otherwise.

The worst when driving is to experience a nasty messy pants, especially if your protection is not up to it.  This happened to me years ago when I was driving to a business meeting the following day, about 4hrs from home.  As I was getting within 1 hr of my stop for the night, I felt the need to stop but the freeway was under construction and rest areas were closed.  Since I had some low level of protection on, I had dribbled a bit and was damp but not prepared for the sudden onslaught of diarrhea that overcame me a short time later and I really made a mess of myself.  Thank goodness there was a rest stop just prior to my arrival, but I waddled into it and had a real mess on my hands to clean up, including wiping my pants clean the best I could. I carried one messed up pullup out of the stall and dumped it into the trash that day, another guy was in there doing his job at the wall, and got an eye full I expect.  I did change my shirt but had to make an excuse for the condition of my pants when checking into the motel, something about working in poor conditions that day.  

Hi everyone, sorry it's taken me a bit over a week to respond. Been pretty busy. Thank you all for your responses.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:00 PM, oznl said:

All I can say is that at some point on my journey through this, that inhibition disappeared.  It seemed to be an habituation thing.  Sometimes there can be a physical problem depending on whether or not the car seat is pushing my nappy onto my urethra.  In this scenario, shifting position or lifting slightly in my seat generally solves the problem.

I have noticed that somebody pulling a dumb move in traffic around me (or ME pulling a dumb move although I try to avoid doing that) will invoke something resembling a "clench" response.  I've no idea if that still works or not.

I can recall early on that exhaling and leaving myself with exhaled breath (delaying inhalation) could bring on a micro-pee.  I can't say that driving and hypoxia would be a great combo though so don't go nuts or anything ?

@oznl, can you describe this inhibition you experienced? Was it something you had to work on or did it just go away without realizing it and you found yourself able to wet while driving? I haven't yet figured out how to "relax" enough while driving to wet. If traffic is especially stressful, as you've noted, I don't think I would be able to make any sort of progress. I've noticed that it seems to be a concentration issue. It might also have something to do with me normally needing more gravity to wet (as I've expressed in the past, I feel like I'm retaining more and having less overactive bladder, so these days I don't just spontaneously wet, it's something I have to concentrate on). Good point on the exhaling and holding an exhaled breath, that has worked for me numerous times normally, and while driving it's as if it almost happens but there's no tipping point. Like getting 99.9% there but I can't muster that last 0.01%. Dually noted though, I shall not try hypoxia while driving lol.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:14 AM, Stroller said:

It's not easy to get this working properly, but I got there in the end.  First you've got to relax, so being worried about it is counterproductive. Which is a pain!  Relaxing my legs helped - resting my left leg up on the rest 'pedal' on the floor helped.  Shuffling around a bit helped, to get the weight off my undercarriage.  And gradually it became easier.  But it was over months, not days or weeks.  Good luck!

@Stroller, thanks, yes I agree, it's difficult. Congrats on getting there. Maybe I need more work in relaxing. I try pretty hard to be as relaxed as possible and to trigger a wetting episode. As stated above, I often can get 99.9% there, just missing that lat 0.01%. I've done the shifting my position around thing and even pushing with with my left leg on the rest pedal to relieve pressure, but something just register with my brain or body. It's quite frustrating. And the sad part is, I can even need to pee REALLY bad and still not go. But BAM, as soon as I park the car, the floodgates open. Thanks for your encouragement though, this is one of my last hurdles to cross. I hope it becomes easier someday.

On 9/30/2022 at 5:05 AM, rusty pins said:

@rusty pins, stop lights are little easier, but entirely easy, as I'm still concentrating on traffic. Funny enough, when I have to poo, it's not usually an issue. Heck, I've had to poo before while driving just to relieve the pressure of my bowels killing me (I have mild IBS) and it was pretty easy. When my body forces me to go, I have no issues, but unfortunately I can hold my pee for quite some time and after a while it's nothing but a moderate dull pain that I am desperately trying to relieve. Thankfully I can take enough breaks while driving to get out, stand up, and wet my diaper, then start all over again. I'll try the deserted road suggestion, maybe I have to take smaller baby steps for this task. You'd think I'd have mastered this by now after almost 2 years 24/7. Ugh.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:15 AM, DiapergirlWB said:

For a long time this was an issue for me as well.  I've been heavy diapertraining for a while now.  One day as I was driving I suddenly realized I was wetting myself.  It was one of the first times I realized I was wetting after it started.  Funny how it was at a time I previously had difficulties wetting.

@DiapergirlWB, so wetting while driving was just a natural progression for you? You didn't have to try or anything? Man, I'm jealous. Congrats tho. Does it continue to be easy for you until this day?

On 10/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, Spargano said:

This is what I did too. Getting the pressure off helps tremendously. There are 2 other features that help. 1) trust your protection or being willing to leak all over yourself as holding back or stopping the flow will actually work against your overall training. 
2) even with step one you still may find it hard to initiate while driving. A trick I did when the urges hit was to conscientiously NOT think so that the body would take over as I relaxed. I did this by mentally talking to myself with a game of “I see”

”red ford mustang”

”green jeep”

“Mayflower moving truck”

etc.

eventually the bladder would boil over and I would void. While I can wet easily while driving now, I still occasionally have to lift myself up to relieve the pressure if there is a blockage.

@Spargano, thanks for the tips! I'll try the distracting myself part next time. One of the issues I have is that if I don't relieve myself after a while I can't not think about it because the dull pain in my bladder is screaming "I NEED TO GO!" I've had luck in the past with my body just going while not thinking about it, but while driving I have not had the pleasure. When you say "eventually the bladder would boil over and I would void," how painful was your bladder at that point? I can't imagine that was comfortable...

On 10/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, Germanium said:

About the only times I was able to wet diaper while driving was after drinking a lot of water before hand as well as some during trip. Did this a couple of times & one of those times I wet diaper 4 times while driving over a couple of hours, other time wet 3 times. Had to drink lots of water both before & during. Also had to be on relatively straight stretch of road otherwise sphincter would tense up with any external stress.

@Germanium, I do the same thing (load up on liquids during the trip) especially on long drives. I'm always drinking something. Interesting how you had to have a relatively straight stretch of road. Can you wet on the straight stretch with traffic or do you need to have a lot less in order to concentrate on wetting?

On 10/6/2022 at 11:03 PM, Little Sherri said:

For me, it was something that I had to get used to, much like wetting while lying in bed, or wetting while walking. In my pre-diaper days, I generally only peed while standing over, or sitting on, a toilet, and it is amazing how ingrained those "situational" requirements become. Before I went 24/7, I used to sometimes drive hundreds of kilometers on business trips, and the odd time, I would wear a pull-up or a diaper, if I was going to be landing at a hotel before I visited clients. I recall having to push very hard in order to pee in it, and it was something I had to concentrate on, so, I didn't tend to do it while, say, merging or making a left turn in heavy traffic. 

Once I went 24/7, I started wetting while seated with much greater frequency - in my office, sitting up in bed, on the couch in front of the TV, etc. I think that generalized over to driving, because it became easier. I didn't have to push, I just had to let it happen. Now, around 3.5 years in, I wet without thinking about it while driving. I've even had stretches where I get relaxed enough "down there" that I feel like I'm draining freely. I go into an almost automaton-like state while covering hundreds of kilometers, and I have stretches where there is no recollection of ever deliberately wetting, but, my diaper is wetter. So, it will come, if you practice. 

@Little Sherri, I've been 24/7 now for almost 2 years (while actively untraining) and wetting while sitting (say, in my office chair) isn't much of a problem. But would you say that had to be your first step? Was there something you practiced in order for you to start wetting while driving or did you just have to push til you went? I've tried pushing hard and so far I have no success with this. I figured it was more of a concentration (and perhaps a relaxation) issue. Maybe I need to start practicing in my car while seated while the engine is off. Then maybe with the engine on. Then maybe at a stop sign. Then maybe at a stop light. And then perhaps I can initiate wetting while moving. Do you think those steps would help?

On 10/7/2022 at 1:35 AM, Moochie said:

I've been wetting and messing my diapers for so long (conditioning and practice) that I can wet and mess without anyone knowing; although i don't mess when social conventions dictate otherwise.

@Moochie, so for you it's just habituation at this point that bled into being able to go while driving? Do you recall ever struggling with this in the past? If so, how did you work past it?

On 10/7/2022 at 4:53 AM, deewet said:

The worst when driving is to experience a nasty messy pants, especially if your protection is not up to it.  This happened to me years ago when I was driving to a business meeting the following day, about 4hrs from home.  As I was getting within 1 hr of my stop for the night, I felt the need to stop but the freeway was under construction and rest areas were closed.  Since I had some low level of protection on, I had dribbled a bit and was damp but not prepared for the sudden onslaught of diarrhea that overcame me a short time later and I really made a mess of myself.  Thank goodness there was a rest stop just prior to my arrival, but I waddled into it and had a real mess on my hands to clean up, including wiping my pants clean the best I could. I carried one messed up pullup out of the stall and dumped it into the trash that day, another guy was in there doing his job at the wall, and got an eye full I expect.  I did change my shirt but had to make an excuse for the condition of my pants when checking into the motel, something about working in poor conditions that day.  

@deewet, lucky I don't seem to have an issue messing while driving. I have a 100% successful track record of doing that when needed. Sounds like you had a rough day that day, lol. My messing accidents weren't as hardcore as yours, but that reminds me to carry more protection just in case, thanks!

--

Thanks again for responding. If anyone else has any tips I'm all ears and much appreciated!

14 hours ago, jonbearab said:

Was there something you practiced in order for you to start wetting while driving or did you just have to push til you went?

I would say that, starting out, I had to push, and at first, sometimes it took a while. One of the first situations under which I could relax easily was in bed because I was sleeping in diapers for close to a year before I was wearing them during the day. I generally sleep with a pacifier, so when I'm relaxed and wetting easily in bed, 99% of the time, a pacifier is in the picture. So, one thing I did was to actually picture having a pacifier, and even mimic the sucking motion a little, and it seemed to put me in a more relaxed state, and then things would happen without much effort. I don't have to do that now, most of the time, but I still resort to it on occasion - a couple of months ago, I was riding my bike, which is not something I do often, and I found myself holding it, and the gates would not just "drop" like they usually do. So, stupid as it sounds, I thought about sucking on a soother, and, things started to flow. 

That may not work for you, but maybe you could picture standing in some bushes and peeing, or standing (or sitting) on the toilet, or, I don't know, listening to Swedish death metal - whatever it is that makes you relaxed, where ever your happy place is. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

That may not work for you, but maybe you could picture standing in some bushes and peeing, or standing (or sitting) on the toilet, or, I don't know, listening to Swedish death metal - whatever it is that makes you relaxed, where ever your happy place is.

"Swedish death metal" LMAO. Thanks for the advice, I never thought to try a visualization technique. I'll give it a shot.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, jonbearab said:

Hi everyone, sorry it's taken me a bit over a week to respond. Been pretty busy. Thank you all for your responses.

@oznl, can you describe this inhibition you experienced? Was it something you had to work on or did it just go away without realizing it and you found yourself able to wet while driving? I haven't yet figured out how to "relax" enough while driving to wet. If traffic is especially stressful, as you've noted, I don't think I would be able to make any sort of progress. I've noticed that it seems to be a concentration issue. It might also have something to do with me normally needing more gravity to wet (as I've expressed in the past, I feel like I'm retaining more and having less overactive bladder, so these days I don't just spontaneously wet, it's something I have to concentrate on). Good point on the exhaling and holding an exhaled breath, that has worked for me numerous times normally, and while driving it's as if it almost happens but there's no tipping point. Like getting 99.9% there but I can't muster that last 0.01%. Dually noted though, I shall not try hypoxia while driving lol.

Assuming that I wasn't squashing my urethra by sitting on an extra-thick bit of nappy, I think it was just hard to relax enough to "go" whilst driving.  That physiological thing is real though.  What happens if you raise yourself up off your seat?

It just got better over time.  I don't think it was any emerging incontinence but rather sufficient acclimatisation to peeing wherever I happened to be and doing whatever I happened to be doing to get over it. 

I seem to recall a transitional phase where I'd often wet a bit when stopped at a red light.

Now it doesn't really matter anymore apart from those "clench" moments that occur when something potentially dramatic happens on the road.  I know from experience that clenching doesn't work anymore anyway so if I happened to be peeing, I suspect the clench wouldn't stop it now.

I also feel like I'm retaining more but the circumstantial evidence in my nappies suggests otherwise.  There seems to be a disconnect between what I think is happening and what is actually happening.

On 10/10/2022 at 1:05 AM, oznl said:

Assuming that I wasn't squashing my urethra by sitting on an extra-thick bit of nappy, I think it was just hard to relax enough to "go" whilst driving.  That physiological thing is real though.  What happens if you raise yourself up off your seat?

It just got better over time.  I don't think it was any emerging incontinence but rather sufficient acclimatisation to peeing wherever I happened to be and doing whatever I happened to be doing to get over it. 

I seem to recall a transitional phase where I'd often wet a bit when stopped at a red light.

Now it doesn't really matter anymore apart from those "clench" moments that occur when something potentially dramatic happens on the road.  I know from experience that clenching doesn't work anymore anyway so if I happened to be peeing, I suspect the clench wouldn't stop it now.

I also feel like I'm retaining more but the circumstantial evidence in my nappies suggests otherwise.  There seems to be a disconnect between what I think is happening and what is actually happening.

@oznl, I can sometimes get some sort of flow going by bracing my feet on the floorboard and lifting off my seat. I try this technique a lot but I still often just get to 99% and never the tipping point.

Maybe I just need more practice wetting in any position as well. I'm blown away at your progress and wish I had the same. I don't even wet at night yet. Congrats on your progress. :)

What are you feeling that makes you think you're retaining? Dull pain in your bladder?

On 9/30/2022 at 2:47 AM, jonbearab said:

Has anyone got any good tips to wet while driving?

If you wear a stent while driving, peeing in your diaper will happen on its own, whether you like it or not. Depending on your position, some pressure build-up in the bladder may be necessary. But eventually the floodgates will open and the outcome will depend on your diaper.?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 6:13 PM, Spargano said:

”red ford mustang”

”green jeep”

“Mayflower moving truck”

etc.

Excellent tip!

I use the same trick outside of this situation for relaxing in awkward positions but doing mental math instead lol!

Driving for me has never been a problem for urination, as if I don't stop every 1.5 hrs, it will happen for sure.  When traveling for more that an hour, I always wear some sort of a diaper especially with freeway driving.  Some years back, I learned a hard lesson as I was not yet wearing protection, and was in a section of construction where several rest areas along a stretch were closed and I had a bout of diarrhea.  It was not good to deal with when I was finally able to stop-lesson learned for sure!

Now with older age, my OAB requires a trip to a bathroom about every hour during the day, and 2-3 times at night!

On 10/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, cathdiap said:

If you wear a stent while driving, peeing in your diaper will happen on its own, whether you like it or not. Depending on your position, some pressure build-up in the bladder may be necessary. But eventually the floodgates will open and the outcome will depend on your diaper.?

I plan on doing stents in the future. I may start off with a holy foley but I do plan on making my own stent much like your design, @cathdiap. My problem has been that in the past my stent designs haven't worked for me yet... ? 

On 10/16/2022 at 7:28 PM, DiapergirlWB said:

@jonbearabyeah it still is happening quite on its own lol.

Nice, well done!

On 10/28/2022 at 4:07 AM, deewet said:

Driving for me has never been a problem for urination, as if I don't stop every 1.5 hrs, it will happen for sure.  When traveling for more that an hour, I always wear some sort of a diaper especially with freeway driving.  Some years back, I learned a hard lesson as I was not yet wearing protection, and was in a section of construction where several rest areas along a stretch were closed and I had a bout of diarrhea.  It was not good to deal with when I was finally able to stop-lesson learned for sure!

Now with older age, my OAB requires a trip to a bathroom about every hour during the day, and 2-3 times at night!

For sure. I never go on a drive without a diaper, let alone go out of the house without a diaper on. Always protected. Has saved me once or twice when I least expected it, lol.

1 hour ago, jonbearab said:

I plan on doing stents in the future. I may start off with a holy foley but I do plan on making my own stent much like your design, @cathdiap. My problem has been that in the past my stent designs haven't worked for me yet... ? 

I hope one day you will find a stent that works as well as mine. It still amazes me how long I can wear it without any discomfort other than the urine loss. Especially on long rides I sometimes forget I'm wearing a stent and a diaper because I no longer have constant leaks and traffic needs all my attention. But after a few hours almost out of nowhere I can feel my bladder contracting and immediately start peeing heavily and uncontrollably in my diaper. That sudden realization that I am incontinent is maybe even more fun than the constant dribble I am feeling during other activities. 

BF7CE5C0-4C35-4587-94C4-FEE176B22479.gif.33c038ee047e4efbecc9ff8f42b140f0.gif

• Like 1
21 hours ago, cathdiap said:

I hope one day you will find a stent that works as well as mine. It still amazes me how long I can wear it without any discomfort other than the urine loss. Especially on long rides I sometimes forget I'm wearing a stent and a diaper because I no longer have constant leaks and traffic needs all my attention. But after a few hours almost out of nowhere I can feel my bladder contracting and immediately start peeing heavily and uncontrollably in my diaper. That sudden realization that I am incontinent is maybe even more fun than the constant dribble I am feeling during other activities. 

BF7CE5C0-4C35-4587-94C4-FEE176B22479.gif.33c038ee047e4efbecc9ff8f42b140f0.gif

So jealous. /swoon

• 1 month later...

I'm a truck driver and I'm always diapered I'd that helps answer your question.  Plastic pants and a thick diaper with a booster helps out . I've yet to have a leak.  My go to diapers are rearz and their overnight boosters are amazing.