LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Phone alarm issue?

id0ntknow

I have recently been having a weird issue with the alarm on my phone. I have it set to wake me up, only to not hear it at all causing me to oversleep. One time this caused me to be late to work, and today it made me late to go help dad with something. I look at my phone when I do get up, and I don't see anything about "Missed alarm" or something similar. It's almost like the alarms are shutting themselves off on their own. I've even set 3 alarms for 5-10 minutes apart, and not heard any of them.

1 hour ago, id0ntknow said:

I have recently been having a weird issue with the alarm on my phone. I have it set to wake me up, only to not hear it at all causing me to oversleep. One time this caused me to be late to work, and today it made me late to go help dad with something. I look at my phone when I do get up, and I don't see anything about "Missed alarm" or something similar. It's almost like the alarms are shutting themselves off on their own. I've even set 3 alarms for 5-10 minutes apart, and not heard any of them.

Is your phone working hands-free i.e. is the loudspeaker working? Sometimes, small carbon / metal filings can get onto the speaker via the holes to let the sound out, and prevent it from working / making it sound very quiet. If that is the case, you will orkave to dismantle your phone to get to the speaker and clean the metal filings off it. Friends of mine who work with metal turning / grinding are constantly getting this problem. It can also effect the normal speaker.

You can also try to go in to the settigns and change the sound file that the phone uses to 'ring' the alarm. Sometimes, people turn the volume of this down to nothing as to avoid the noise / intruption of sound at every message etc.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Sorry, I should have said that it's a Samsung Galaxy 20 FE 5G phone. I have not rebooted the phone since the last time it updated. I have the sound on my alarms set to the max, so that shouldn't be it. All of my alarms for this previous work week went off without issue, but the one I had set for going to help dad on Saturday neither I nor anyone in the house heard.

I'll provide some quick troubleshooting because I've had a similar issue before.

1️⃣) If you're trying to wake up in the AM, make sure the Alarm IS NOT SET FOR PM...

2️⃣) The sound of the alarm needs to be something that will wake you up comfortably,

but the sound can't be so lovely that you don't wake up at all!!! (example, birds chirping).

Something as soothing as birds chirping probably won't even wake me up!

But I don't want to be jolted out of bed by some horrid scary alarm either!

3️⃣) Setting Alarms close to bed time

I feel like setting an alarm late at night is where error commonly occurs.

While you're tired you're more likely to make a mistake while setting the alarm.

(Example, selecting PM instead of AM, etc).

Be sure to set your alarms well before bed time, and give them a quick glance before going to bed.

4️⃣) Third-Party Chargers

I always use Official Apple Chargers for my iPhone.

The last thing you want is to be using some crappy gas station charger and wake up with your phone at 1% battery

(or completely dead altogether.)

If your phone doesn't have any battery power, your alarm will not function.

5️⃣ SNOOZING

Snoozing is a Dangerous temptation.

You could easily miss an airplane flight because you over snoozed.

I find it much easier to give yourself the time you need to sleep (at night) rather than making extra sleep time (in the morning).

Get to bed early at a decent hour so you wake up before your alarm, or as soon as it goes off.

Keeping your phone several feet from your bed will reduce distraction and help you fall asleep faster,

AND you will have to physically get out of bed in the morning to disable the alarm,

which makes snoozing less of an option because you're already up and out of bed.

Ah, good old technology!  My smart phone is for talk and text and occasionally the internet.  I have never ever had any problems with my digital $7 alarm clock from Walmart that I got 4 years ago.  I keep it on my nightstand and it's worked so well I bought a second one like it just for when I travel.  Maybe sometimes the younger people who grew up on computers and technology might want to take a lesson from the old-farts like me and go back to a simpler time before cell phones and just get a reliable inexpensive easy to use old fashioned alarm clock!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, id0ntknow said:

Me and my gf have the same problem. I’m not sure if we’re simply not hearing the alarms or not but this usually doesn’t happen to us until recently. We have had alarms set to go off in the morning for our regular time to work but slept right past them after over a year now of waking up at the same time 5 mornings a week. Sometimes when this happens the alarms are still set as if the time for the alarm hasn’t passed yet.

Dumb question here but are you using the do not disturb function? If so you need to make an exception for the alarms 

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Ah, good old technology!  My smart phone is for talk and text and occasionally the internet.  I have never ever had any problems with my digital $7 alarm clock from Walmart that I got 4 years ago.  I keep it on my nightstand and it's worked so well I bought a second one like it just for when I travel.  Maybe sometimes the younger people who grew up on computers and technology might want to take a lesson from the old-farts like me and go back to a simpler time before cell phones and just get a reliable inexpensive easy to use old fashioned alarm clock!

ive used the alarm on my nintendo ds lite

On 9/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, id0ntknow said:

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Sorry, I should have said that it's a Samsung Galaxy 20 FE 5G phone. I have not rebooted the phone since the last time it updated. I have the sound on my alarms set to the max, so that shouldn't be it. All of my alarms for this previous work week went off without issue, but the one I had set for going to help dad on Saturday neither I nor anyone in the house heard.

Maybe it was a sign. Kept you out of traffic and an accident that never happened was avoided.  ????

?‍♂️

3 hours ago, Lil Leo said:

Maybe it was a sign. Kept you out of traffic and an accident that never happened was avoided.  ????

?‍♂️

something like that happened for us once, it was in the 90s, we was late for  church, if we had left ontime, we would have been in a bad wreck, we passed it on the way to church.

• Like 1