LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who is both incontinent and 24/7

@Diaper Duck

1 hour ago, Diaper Duck said:

Who here is incontinent and 24/7? if so do you enjoy it and were you born with it or did start the 12 month diaper program and become incontinent that way?

I am 24/7 incontinent DL. I've been that way on and off all of my life. There's been times when everything was awesome, and then there were times when I had problems. Most of the time when I had problems, it was when I was a young kid, and I spent most of my young life in rehab centers, 75 miles away from my family, with little to no interaction. Sure, I had phone calls from my parents, and I had visits from parents, and was able to see them every once in awhile, but it just wasn't the same. I went to these rehab centers because of my cerebral palsy, because they told me that it would be helpful for my therapy period they basically told me that this place was like Club Med, and they misled me so bad it wasn't even funny. The reality was that this place was more like a rehab center that was almost like a detention center, because they basically treated you like you didn't have any rights, you didn't have any control over anything, and even though I walked in there under my own power with my Walker, in a few weeks, I was weaned from the bathroom, which means that I could go to the bathroom during the day by myself, but then eventually that became an issue for them, and I started being placed in a hospital bed, but not able to go to the bathroom without their assistance. After awhile, I started having accidents, and then after a while, I was in 24/7 diapers, and in the 70s these were the big white pampers they used to use, and then they wouldn't have to take you to the bathroom, and you'd be in bed wetting yourself uncontrollably

so when I started, I was totally mobile, totally continent, and able to do most things by myself. My parents taught me to be independent, and able to do as much for myself as possible. These idiots made it almost impossible for me to be independent, needed to ask them permission to do everything, and then when I had trouble with my bathroom habits, they ended up throwing me in diapers and kept me in my wheelchair most of the time. Even though, it was not a good idea for me to constantly use my wheelchair, because I was going to therapy and they wanted me to get stronger. After a few more weeks of this, I was casted as part of my therapeutic regimen, and I was unable to do anything for myself. I guess you could say, that because of my rehab stays, I became incontinent, immobile, and a diaper lover. When you have nothing else to look forward to, when you have people telling you you have to do this or, or you have to do that, you have to do it a certain way, and you have to do it right now, and they act like they are prison guards, you end up quickly determining that no one is your friend, and it's like being in jail. Nobody really cares about you, and you have to fight for everything that makes you who you are.

I spent 14 weeks in a place like this: two months at the first opportunity, which was eight weeks, and then a month and two weeks, which was six weeks. During this time, I was constantly being told what to do, mistreated, and just made miserable because I couldn't see any of my friends, I was being schooled in a place that it wasn't normal for me, and even though they told me I had an awesome pool that I could swim in every day, there were just times that I wanted to say the hell with it this isn't where I want to be. They told me that it would be better for me to be there, because I would be able to get therapy PT OT and speech if necessary, and all of my schooling done.

Instead, I ended up having to repeat 4th grade twice. I almost had to stay back in 3rd grade, my schooling was changed after I returned from rehab, saying that the school I was going to had better special education services, and I missed a lot of time with my friends. When I came back, it didn't even feel like it was the same place that I left. It felt like I had been sent to jail for six weeks or eight weeks, and I just came back from a sentence. Some people may not think of it that way, but if you are a kid of the 70s like I was back then, they could get away with anything they wanted, they could say anything they wanted, and literally do anything that they wanted to do to you, and they could get away with it, because our parents gave Placid permission and implicit permission for stuff to occur. That basically meant that I had to do everything they wanted whenever they wanted it wherever they wanted it to happen. Then, they would start threatening me, force feeding me coming mistreating me, and all of this.

If it wasn't for my father and my insistence, I would have been probably damaged goods for a long while. Even to this day, I still have bad dreams of the places I used to hang out down there. It kinda remind me of some of the stories that Mia amore talks about in her Academy series - @Mia Moore is an awesome writer, and when she started writing her series, it brought back vivid and strange memories, of the time that I would be in a situation where you have no control over what is going on, and you have to do everything someone says, or they would end up taking more privileges away from you. Basically, I went in there as a continent individual, totally able to do almost anything for myself, and I ended up almost walking out of there weeks later half as an invalid, in a wheelchair, and half incontinent. In mia's stories, she can tell you stories that could put you directly into some fantasyland, or end up making something that is so realistic in your head come to fruition. The Vermont achievement center in Rutland Vt was some sort of that type of center. They basically make you think that it's the best place for you, tell you how awesome it is, tell you how much fun you're gonna have down there, and the next thing you know drive you down there, and within two weeks you wish you hadn't made the decision. Adults were telling us what to do, adults were abusing us, adults were yelling at us, and just making it crazy. Then because of our disability, we would end up in wheelchairs, we'd end up in diapers, we'd end up in therapy wards, or we just end up watching TV all day, or doing something they all wanted us to do.

I was born with CP: this is a neurological condition that can affect people in many ways. Some people that have cerebral palsy have it very mild, while some have it moderate like me, and some have it profound or very severe, so bad that they may not be able to talk or be as mobile as others. Some people are in wheelchairs as well. Places like the Vermont achievement center where where they would send people like us back in the 70s, when they wanted to help us. Unfortunately, most times while they would help us, they'd always run us through the gamut of whole bunch of stuff that would be out of sorts. They knew they had us, so we had to do everything that they said. I ended up having to call my dad if you times because they were force feeding me, and they were just treating me like I didn't have a brain in my head. If it weren't for my dad and me being able to be as tough as I was, insisting that they treat me with respect, I probably would have broken under the stress. Because you are in such a facility, they probably don't want their kids running around to the bathroom, so they diaper you up and leave you there. I can tell you that while that can be an advantage to some people, when you don't know what's going on, you're six years old, and you've done everything that you've been asked to do, and you are forced to sit in your own pee or your own mess, for no reason other than the fact that you can't control it, there's something wrong. When you are a kid, you are supposed to be able to live a life that is more comfortable. You're not supposed to worry about all of the worldly things that happen in your life. You weren't supposed to worry about whether you have accidents or not, or whether you're going to get fed or not, or whether you're going to be able to do something or not. You're a kid, so you're expected to have fun. While we are able to have fun doing things like this, there were many times when it wasn't fun at all. It was because of me spending time in rehab centers and hospitals that I lost some continence, and I am was very lucky throughout my stay there that I was able to regain my continence before I went home. While they wanted to keep us safe, I swear to God they wanted to keep us under control, so the way they do that is to put us in wheelchairs high chairs or strollers, diaper us up and just leave us there.

Nowadays, you wouldn't be able to get away with such ridiculous conduct. There are oversight agencies, family and children services, adult Protective Services, and the like. They wouldn't allow that to happen, and I'm kinda glad that the rules changed in the 90s. The rules in the 90s were changed, so that they couldn't take everyone from a particular state for example, ship them down to a big humongous facilities built specifically for that purpose, and house them there. In the 90s, they had changed the model so that instead of having everyone staying in one facility, they ended up finding out where someone lived, and they made sure that in each community where a disabled person lived, they would have access to services within their community, without having to send them hundreds of miles away from their hometowns. They also changed their rules so that oversight was put into position so that no one would be mistreated, no one would be forgotten, and somebody would always advocate for the rights wants and needs of the child. In the 70s, this was unheard of, but in the 90s, people realized that you can't just warehouse kids that are disabled and expect them to function like nothing is wrong with them. I still have nightmares of that type of existence, but the fun thing about @Mia Moore and her Academy series, is that even if there is a bad section in your life, or a bad section of her story where things are bad for the person that is the character, there's always some good that always happens in the end. I'm not saying that people that need help shouldn't go to facilities like this, but my brother Richard who was disabled worse than I am, immobile and non verbal, went to a place called the Brandon training school, and that place was hell. I still have dreams of that place as well.

Sometimes I wish that people could understand what it felt like to be a kid back then. When you're a kid, you should be able to be 1, play games and play with your dolls or your trucks or your puzzles or your games, or being able to play with your family or your friends. You shouldn't be sent to a rehab facility from hell,worrying about what is going to happen to you, not having fun while you're there, and wondering if you're going to be treated with respect and with gratitude. I've learned from experience that the way you earn respect is to show it.  When I was there, hardly anybody showed me respect, so I had to retaliate to maintain my sanity. When I got done, I had several things that I wanted, including a shower every night, a radio in my room, and the ability to make choices that have to do with my food intake. If it wasn't for my father, I would have been a nervous wreck down there, and I told him that I would do anything that I possibly could to make sure I would never have to return to a place like that. I never had to return after the 6th week stint.

Part of being incontinent means that you don't have any control.  Part of being incontinent means that you can release whenever you want, wherever you want. Part of being incontinent also can be because of your disability and because of your muscles or your skeletal structure or something else that is beyond your control. I've noticed over my 50 years of existence, that as I age, it is getting harder and harder to maintain continent control. In 2019 I started having accidents, so the best way that I thought I could handle that was to go to my doctor after having sought five or six of those, and tell him that I was having problems. I had already talked to him three to four months before that, telling him that I would probably need him to give me the underpads that I needed so that I wasn't sweating through my wheelchair seat. When I had that discussion, I asked him what would happen if I needed diapers, and he told me that all that would have to do would be to ask him for him and he would prescribe them. Little did I know however, that that would be something that would happened faster than I expected. Now, I understand that I shouldn't have to worry about things that I can't control. Most of my life, I have worried about everything under the sun, and worried about things that could happen or would happen, but didn't happen, or I'd worry about stuff that didn't make any sense. I decided that incontinence wasn't something that I was going to lose sleep over, and I was losing sleep hour after hour, because at night I would be spending hours on end in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet and not being able to get back to sleep period when I started having accidents back in 2019, and losing sleep so that I wasn't able to function effectively, I made the decision to go to him and ask.

I wasn't born incontinent, but I was born with CP. People of cerebral palsy again have trouble with incontinence sometimes, which is why I decided to go with diapers. It's a lot easier to change a diaper than to worry about whether you're going to make it to the bathroom on time all the time. It's a little easier on your psyche if you have the ability to just let it go, when you need to. Far too often, people don't quite understand that diapers can be helpful, but other people can think diapers are bad. We need to stop this ridiculousness that says that diapers are bad, and we need to quell and quash the stigmas that make diapers bad for people to use. Far too many people use diapers, and they don't use diapers simply because they cannot control their bladder or their bowels. Some people use them because of psychological reasons, some of them use them for comfort reasons, some of them using for medical reasons: it all depends on the use.

Like many, I didn't have to retrain myself by using the 12 month program. Because of my disability, I have had bouts of incontinence throughout my life. Sometimes bowel sometimes urinary sometimes both. I just got sick of having to deal with that aftermath every single time, and just wanted to take one less thing that I was worrying about and not worry about it anymore period now that I have the diapers I need, there is no reason to worry, because I can deal with it very easily, and I don't have to explain myself, I don't have to feel guilty, I can deal with the feelings that I've dealt with ever since I was eight years old, and I don't have to hide the fact that I wear or use them any more. Living on my own makes that a possibility, and I'm so glad that I made that decision, because there are so many things that you have to worry about in life that are more important than whether you pee in the toilet or you pee in an incontinence brief. I would rather wear diapers for the rest of my life than to worry about stupid stuff like this, because life is too short, and I want to live my life to the fullest extent possible and not worry about things that are minuscule and don't make sense to worry about. I'd rather spend my time worrying about things that I need to worry about, rather than things that are silly . If you understand what I'm talking about!?!

good luck my friend!

Brian

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Diaper Duck

I am 24/7 incontinent DL. I've been that way on and off all of my life. There's been times when everything was awesome, and then there were times when I had problems. Most of the time when I had problems, it was when I was a young kid, and I spent most of my young life in rehab centers, 75 miles away from my family, with little to no interaction. Sure, I had phone calls from my parents, and I had visits from parents, and was able to see them every once in awhile, but it just wasn't the same. I went to these rehab centers because of my cerebral palsy, because they told me that it would be helpful for my therapy period they basically told me that this place was like Club Med, and they misled me so bad it wasn't even funny. The reality was that this place was more like a rehab center that was almost like a detention center, because they basically treated you like you didn't have any rights, you didn't have any control over anything, and even though I walked in there under my own power with my Walker, in a few weeks, I was weaned from the bathroom, which means that I could go to the bathroom during the day by myself, but then eventually that became an issue for them, and I started being placed in a hospital bed, but not able to go to the bathroom without their assistance. After awhile, I started having accidents, and then after a while, I was in 24/7 diapers, and in the 70s these were the big white pampers they used to use, and then they wouldn't have to take you to the bathroom, and you'd be in bed wetting yourself uncontrollably

so when I started, I was totally mobile, totally continent, and able to do most things by myself. My parents taught me to be independent, and able to do as much for myself as possible. These idiots made it almost impossible for me to be independent, needed to ask them permission to do everything, and then when I had trouble with my bathroom habits, they ended up throwing me in diapers and kept me in my wheelchair most of the time. Even though, it was not a good idea for me to constantly use my wheelchair, because I was going to therapy and they wanted me to get stronger. After a few more weeks of this, I was casted as part of my therapeutic regimen, and I was unable to do anything for myself. I guess you could say, that because of my rehab stays, I became incontinent, immobile, and a diaper lover. When you have nothing else to look forward to, when you have people telling you you have to do this or, or you have to do that, you have to do it a certain way, and you have to do it right now, and they act like they are prison guards, you end up quickly determining that no one is your friend, and it's like being in jail. Nobody really cares about you, and you have to fight for everything that makes you who you are.

I spent 14 weeks in a place like this: two months at the first opportunity, which was eight weeks, and then a month and two weeks, which was six weeks. During this time, I was constantly being told what to do, mistreated, and just made miserable because I couldn't see any of my friends, I was being schooled in a place that it wasn't normal for me, and even though they told me I had an awesome pool that I could swim in every day, there were just times that I wanted to say the hell with it this isn't where I want to be. They told me that it would be better for me to be there, because I would be able to get therapy PT OT and speech if necessary, and all of my schooling done.

Instead, I ended up having to repeat 4th grade twice. I almost had to stay back in 3rd grade, my schooling was changed after I returned from rehab, saying that the school I was going to had better special education services, and I missed a lot of time with my friends. When I came back, it didn't even feel like it was the same place that I left. It felt like I had been sent to jail for six weeks or eight weeks, and I just came back from a sentence. Some people may not think of it that way, but if you are a kid of the 70s like I was back then, they could get away with anything they wanted, they could say anything they wanted, and literally do anything that they wanted to do to you, and they could get away with it, because our parents gave Placid permission and implicit permission for stuff to occur. That basically meant that I had to do everything they wanted whenever they wanted it wherever they wanted it to happen. Then, they would start threatening me, force feeding me coming mistreating me, and all of this.

If it wasn't for my father and my insistence, I would have been probably damaged goods for a long while. Even to this day, I still have bad dreams of the places I used to hang out down there. It kinda remind me of some of the stories that Mia amore talks about in her Academy series - @Mia Moore is an awesome writer, and when she started writing her series, it brought back vivid and strange memories, of the time that I would be in a situation where you have no control over what is going on, and you have to do everything someone says, or they would end up taking more privileges away from you. Basically, I went in there as a continent individual, totally able to do almost anything for myself, and I ended up almost walking out of there weeks later half as an invalid, in a wheelchair, and half incontinent. In mia's stories, she can tell you stories that could put you directly into some fantasyland, or end up making something that is so realistic in your head come to fruition. The Vermont achievement center in Rutland Vt was some sort of that type of center. They basically make you think that it's the best place for you, tell you how awesome it is, tell you how much fun you're gonna have down there, and the next thing you know drive you down there, and within two weeks you wish you hadn't made the decision. Adults were telling us what to do, adults were abusing us, adults were yelling at us, and just making it crazy. Then because of our disability, we would end up in wheelchairs, we'd end up in diapers, we'd end up in therapy wards, or we just end up watching TV all day, or doing something they all wanted us to do.

I was born with CP: this is a neurological condition that can affect people in many ways. Some people that have cerebral palsy have it very mild, while some have it moderate like me, and some have it profound or very severe, so bad that they may not be able to talk or be as mobile as others. Some people are in wheelchairs as well. Places like the Vermont achievement center where where they would send people like us back in the 70s, when they wanted to help us. Unfortunately, most times while they would help us, they'd always run us through the gamut of whole bunch of stuff that would be out of sorts. They knew they had us, so we had to do everything that they said. I ended up having to call my dad if you times because they were force feeding me, and they were just treating me like I didn't have a brain in my head. If it weren't for my dad and me being able to be as tough as I was, insisting that they treat me with respect, I probably would have broken under the stress. Because you are in such a facility, they probably don't want their kids running around to the bathroom, so they diaper you up and leave you there. I can tell you that while that can be an advantage to some people, when you don't know what's going on, you're six years old, and you've done everything that you've been asked to do, and you are forced to sit in your own pee or your own mess, for no reason other than the fact that you can't control it, there's something wrong. When you are a kid, you are supposed to be able to live a life that is more comfortable. You're not supposed to worry about all of the worldly things that happen in your life. You weren't supposed to worry about whether you have accidents or not, or whether you're going to get fed or not, or whether you're going to be able to do something or not. You're a kid, so you're expected to have fun. While we are able to have fun doing things like this, there were many times when it wasn't fun at all. It was because of me spending time in rehab centers and hospitals that I lost some continence, and I am was very lucky throughout my stay there that I was able to regain my continence before I went home. While they wanted to keep us safe, I swear to God they wanted to keep us under control, so the way they do that is to put us in wheelchairs high chairs or strollers, diaper us up and just leave us there.

Nowadays, you wouldn't be able to get away with such ridiculous conduct. There are oversight agencies, family and children services, adult Protective Services, and the like. They wouldn't allow that to happen, and I'm kinda glad that the rules changed in the 90s. The rules in the 90s were changed, so that they couldn't take everyone from a particular state for example, ship them down to a big humongous facilities built specifically for that purpose, and house them there. In the 90s, they had changed the model so that instead of having everyone staying in one facility, they ended up finding out where someone lived, and they made sure that in each community where a disabled person lived, they would have access to services within their community, without having to send them hundreds of miles away from their hometowns. They also changed their rules so that oversight was put into position so that no one would be mistreated, no one would be forgotten, and somebody would always advocate for the rights wants and needs of the child. In the 70s, this was unheard of, but in the 90s, people realized that you can't just warehouse kids that are disabled and expect them to function like nothing is wrong with them. I still have nightmares of that type of existence, but the fun thing about @Mia Moore and her Academy series, is that even if there is a bad section in your life, or a bad section of her story where things are bad for the person that is the character, there's always some good that always happens in the end. I'm not saying that people that need help shouldn't go to facilities like this, but my brother Richard who was disabled worse than I am, immobile and non verbal, went to a place called the Brandon training school, and that place was hell. I still have dreams of that place as well.

Sometimes I wish that people could understand what it felt like to be a kid back then. When you're a kid, you should be able to be 1, play games and play with your dolls or your trucks or your puzzles or your games, or being able to play with your family or your friends. You shouldn't be sent to a rehab facility from hell,worrying about what is going to happen to you, not having fun while you're there, and wondering if you're going to be treated with respect and with gratitude. I've learned from experience that the way you earn respect is to show it.  When I was there, hardly anybody showed me respect, so I had to retaliate to maintain my sanity. When I got done, I had several things that I wanted, including a shower every night, a radio in my room, and the ability to make choices that have to do with my food intake. If it wasn't for my father, I would have been a nervous wreck down there, and I told him that I would do anything that I possibly could to make sure I would never have to return to a place like that. I never had to return after the 6th week stint.

Part of being incontinent means that you don't have any control.  Part of being incontinent means that you can release whenever you want, wherever you want. Part of being incontinent also can be because of your disability and because of your muscles or your skeletal structure or something else that is beyond your control. I've noticed over my 50 years of existence, that as I age, it is getting harder and harder to maintain continent control. In 2019 I started having accidents, so the best way that I thought I could handle that was to go to my doctor after having sought five or six of those, and tell him that I was having problems. I had already talked to him three to four months before that, telling him that I would probably need him to give me the underpads that I needed so that I wasn't sweating through my wheelchair seat. When I had that discussion, I asked him what would happen if I needed diapers, and he told me that all that would have to do would be to ask him for him and he would prescribe them. Little did I know however, that that would be something that would happened faster than I expected. Now, I understand that I shouldn't have to worry about things that I can't control. Most of my life, I have worried about everything under the sun, and worried about things that could happen or would happen, but didn't happen, or I'd worry about stuff that didn't make any sense. I decided that incontinence wasn't something that I was going to lose sleep over, and I was losing sleep hour after hour, because at night I would be spending hours on end in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet and not being able to get back to sleep period when I started having accidents back in 2019, and losing sleep so that I wasn't able to function effectively, I made the decision to go to him and ask.

I wasn't born incontinent,

I am sorry about what happened to you, and I am sorry you had to go through that at a young age. Good thing abuse like that is not aloud like that anymore, would have been hell if it was allowed in the 21st century.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Diaper Duck said:

Who here is incontinent and 24/7? if so do you enjoy it and were you born with it or did start the 12 month diaper program and become incontinent that way?

I'm incontinent and diaper dependent due to medical conditions and urinary incontinent. I'm also an adult baby because it helps me cope and deal with being incontinent. Like many I don't have to use any 12 step program and I am already in diapers and I don't have to be potty trained. Instead, I am diaper trained and only go in my diapers instead of the potty that adults, grown ups and big kids do.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Diaper Duck said:

I am sorry about what happened to you, and I am sorry you had to go through that at a young age. Good thing abuse like that is not aloud like that anymore, would have been hell if it was allowed in the 21st century.

@Diaper Duck@Kawaharu

in the 70s, abuses like this were probably commonplace. Kids like me, were not really listened to that often, and they thought that we didn't know anything. They probably thought that we were just stupid kids, and that we were just people that were in a rehab center that needed help, and we weren't able to say anything, or do anything about our surroundings. When I ended up finding out that the place that I went to was not anywhere near what they told me it was going to be like, I questioned it, and I was told that the place that I was in was really good to help me with my therapy. Unfortunately, people with CP and other mobility disabilities need more than physical therapy, some of us need all OT, which is occupational therapy, some of us need speech therapy, but I think seriously if I didn't get out of that place I would need mental health counseling as well as psychiatric therapy.

as I said before, in the 70s, 80s, and all the way until the mid 90s, people would be able to get away with so much more than they do today. The reason why they're not able to do that anymore, is because there are so many oversight agencies that would step on people like a bug if they tried to mistreat anyone that was disabled. Wearing diapers wasn't really the bad thing, being there for PT really wasn't the bad thing, it was all of the other things that happened because they can get away with doing it and not have to worry about being held accountable.  Imagine you being seven years old, and somebody put you in a hospital bed, and then you tell them that you have to go to the bathroom, and they won't even let you up! Then when you tell them that you've made a mess, or you what the bed, they come in after 45 minutes and then they end up punishing you . They don't really take you to the bathroom, they just end up having you stripped down, wipe you down, and diaper you up ! There isn't any maternal response, or any loving tender care that normally would be afforded a kid that just wet themselves or mess themselves like a baby would if they had an accident . A baby would be changed lovingly and taken care of and made comfortable , while the kid in my position would probably be yelled at for trying to get up out of bed, made fun of for wetting the bed, or messing themselves, and then punished for doing that .

I always thought that in life, kids would be able to get away with a lot more because they're kids. That is why kids exist that's why a childhood exists: you're allowed to be a baby, or a young kid, or a toddler, and you're entitled to be able to play and have fun. As you grow, you have responsibilities such as school, learning relationships, and being able to trust people, and being able to be with groups of people that you trust. Then you go to school, and you learn how to handle that, and each grade that you go up in rank, you get more experience and you're expected to do more, because you become more mature. Kids are not supposed to be adults until they reach the age of majority, so that means a kid is allowed to get away with more than an adult would if they had done the same thing. Being a kid means that you are allowed to have fun, you're allowed to make mistakes, you are allowed to show your emotions, you are allowed to be a kid and you're allowed to cry and show that you're in pain or something like that. Being a kid means that you don't have to worry about the worldly things. It means that you can get up in the morning and say OK, I have to have clean clothes, and here they are, or I need to be able to eat something for breakfast, and here it is: that type of stuff.

Being a kid should not mean that you have to fight left right sideways and upside down for your rights, and tell these people that are mistreating you that they are doing something wrong! It does not mean that someone who is in charge of you can scare the hell out of you and make you feel inadequate or make you feel like you are not doing the right thing, or punish you by putting you in the corner, or making you feel uncomfortable, or to frighten you or scare you into compliance. Being a kid you should not have to be in a facility that feels like a jail cell, or acts like a retention center instead of a a place where you can learn, you can get your PT, you can get your OT, you can get your speech, and you can also go swimming everyday. This is the type of place that I was told that this rehab center I went to was comment and it wasn't even close to being what they said it was. It was hell and it was ridiculous.

I still think in my heart that the reason why I am incontinent and DL, is because of the fact that for some reason something snapped in my head that said that being a DL would allow me to be in a position where I don't have to worry. Being in a wheelchair most of my life, I always had to worry about the fact that I might not be able to make the bathroom. I was taught from a young age that I had to make sure I hit the bathroom as much as I could so I didn't make a mess and I didn't end up having accidents, and I made sure that happened. However, there are times when you see somebody that is younger than you, or a time when a kid is innocent and doesn't know what's going on, and you wish you were able to get to that level. While we are adults now, we cannot go back to that, we can only be adult babies and diaper lovers. We can't go back to being babies again, in real time, so we have to live that way.

A diaper is a special instrument. It is an absorbent garment built for those that cannot control their bladder or their bowels. It is meant to be used by babies, adults, disabled children, disabled adults, and those that are incontinent. It is also meant for those who are diaper lovers, who for some reason have an attraction to a diaper. There's nothing wrong with this. Wearing a diaper means that you can release whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it. It also means that no one should give you hell or cause you pain or anguish because you make that decision. A diaper is your first garment that you wear when you're born, because you don't know the difference, and you don't know any better than what you know now. You know that you need to eat, you need to release, you need to sleep. You also know that when you feel the necessary responses, that you will release. That is when an adult comes in and helps you take care of that necessity. A diaper is there to help you, it is not built as a punishment device, although it can be used as such.

There are times that I wish that we could make some of these people understand that some of the things they used to do back in the old days were detrimental and harmful to young children, young adults, and disabled individuals. The only reason they got away with it, in my opinion, is because there was no oversight, and they were given standing permission to do whatever the heck they felt like, regardless of what it was, so long as they weren't leaving physical marks or injuries on a person's body or person. Sometimes I wonder, because I think that some of the people that went to a place like that, were indoctrinated to wearing diapers, because they were forced to, and because that is what they were expected to do, they just got used to doing it. Therefore, people like our parents had to redo the training cycle after we got done from a rehab stay. I count myself lucky that I didn't have to have my parents re potty train me, because in a rehab center, they didn't want kids being able to get up and rock around and use the bathroom on their own. So they ended up diapering a good many of us, for our safety and for their security. However, I still think some of these people didn't really treat us the best they could, because I can tell you that I've heard horror stories of how other people were treated in places like this.

So I wonder if This is why I am a diaper lover and that I like diapers. The idea of having a diaper on really doesn't bother me anymore, because at least I can release what I want to release when I want to release it. No one controls me and tells me what to do anymore, and they can't get away with some of the stuff they used to do in the 70s. I sometimes wonder how they were able to get away with so much, and nobody said anything. It's a wonder that I wasn't a diaper lover when I was 10! But I'm glad I am one now

Brian

32 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

A diaper is a special instrument. It is an absorbent garment built for those that cannot control their bladder or their bowels. It is meant to be used by babies, adults, disabled children, disabled adults, and those that are incontinent. It is also meant for those who are diaper lovers, who for some reason have an attraction to a diaper. There's nothing wrong with this. Wearing a diaper means that you can release whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it. It also means that no one should give you hell or cause you pain or anguish because you make that decision. A diaper is your first garment that you wear when you're born, because you don't know the difference, and you don't know any better than what you know now. You know that you need to eat, you need to release, you need to sleep. You also know that when you feel the necessary responses, that you will release. That is when an adult comes in and helps you take care of that necessity. A diaper is there to help you, it is not built as a punishment device, although it can be used as such.

A diaper to me, keeps adulthood far away from me and lets me be young and babied. It lets me deal with the adult world in my own way by being an adult baby. Diapers are a sign I am never ready to be potty trained which is fine by me because I am so much happier in my diaper. Diapers just simply allows me to have a normal life and not be an adult, big kid or grown up anymore and simply live life as an adult baby. Diapers makes sure that I am never potty trained and they prevent and deny my ability to potty train and grow up to be an adult, big kid or grown up. Diapers makes sure I never use the potty because I am not potty trained and I use my diapers like the baby I am. On top of that, diapers let's everyone know I am not potty trained and I am an adult baby and not a grown up, adult or even a big kid.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

A diaper to me, keeps adulthood far away from me and lets me be young and babied. It lets me deal with the adult world in my own way by being an adult baby. Diapers are a sign I am never ready to be potty trained which is fine by me because I am so much happier in my diaper. Diapers just simply allows me to have a normal life and not be an adult, big kid or grown up anymore and simply live life as an adult baby. Diapers makes sure that I am never potty trained and they prevent and deny my ability to potty train and grow up to be an adult, big kid or grown up. Diapers makes sure I never use the potty because I am not potty trained and I use my diapers like the baby I am. On top of that, diapers let's everyone know I am not potty trained and I am an adult baby and not a grown up, adult or even a big kid.

Same here, I never want to be Potty trained again after I do this program, diapers are fine with me and I will never go back to potty training, even if it means people seeing that I need diapers I am ok with that.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Diaper Duck said:

I wear nappies 24/7 as I am urinary incontinent. I do enjoy being in nappies. 

• Like 2

I'm incontinent and 24/7. I feel positively about it but I don't know that "enjoy" is an applicable term here; I don't mean that it's not enjoyable, I mean that it's simply a passive state of being which is preferable to the other passive state of being (the non-diapered one).

Whether I was born with it or acquired it is a complex question. I have had continence issues my whole life; I didn't get out of diapers until very late (early primary school) and with specialist assistance, and I had to go back into them for a period in late primary school and early high school. My current stay in diapers was initially voluntary, but my choice to do it was influenced by having spent significant time using diapers to manage continence issues before. It stopped being voluntary around mid-2013 when I realised I had little to no practical wetting control.

As an AB/DL I was certainly aware of the Twelve Month Diaper-Training Program (2004) when I started voluntarily wearing diapers again, and I think it may have influenced some of my decisions, such as choosing to throw out my underwear in late 2013. Whether I actually followed it is a complex question; I didn't exactly intend to, but I think that being in diapers and being aware of what was in the Program meant that I ended up letting my continence erode in a way which I might not have if either of those things hadn't been true. Whether the way I chose would have eroded my continence if I hadn't already had organic problems maintaining continence is a question of its own.

• Like 1
On 9/16/2022 at 10:18 PM, Diaper Duck said:

I would enjoy it too and go 24/7 to become incontinent if I had a life supply

Being in the UK once you are diagnosed as being incontinent you are referee to the NHS continence service. The continence nurse decides which pads or slips are best for your level of incontinence and then you get the supplied free through the NHS supply chain. Not quite enough but I buy them from eBay when I spot bargains. 

On 9/15/2022 at 5:42 PM, Diaper Duck said:

I became incontinent due to diabetic related nerve problems.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2022 at 7:53 AM, stevewet said:

I became incontinent due to diabetic related nerve problems.

I'm curious about your being incontinent due to diabetes.  Are you type 1 or type 2 diabetic?  With your incontinence, can you tell when you have to pee but it just releases and you can't do anything about it, do you just pee without any warning at all, or, as I'm assuming you have neurogenic bladder do to diabetic neuropathy, do you just dribble or release small amounts or when you get to a point, your bladder releases a full amount all at once?  I am type 2 diabetic and I don't think Type 2 people are as prone to diabetic neuropathy, but I do have tingling in my feet and I'm to the point where I pee every 45 to 90 minutes (use the toilet).

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 10:09 PM, rusty pins said:

I'm curious about your being incontinent due to diabetes.  Are you type 1 or type 2 diabetic?  With your incontinence, can you tell when you have to pee but it just releases and you can't do anything about it, do you just pee without any warning at all, or, as I'm assuming you have neurogenic bladder do to diabetic neuropathy, do you just dribble or release small amounts or when you get to a point, your bladder releases a full amount all at once?  I am type 2 diabetic and I don't think Type 2 people are as prone to diabetic neuropathy, but I do have tingling in my feet and I'm to the point where I pee every 45 to 90 minutes (use the toilet).

I am type 2 diabetic. It was due to becoming incontinent that I went the doctors and he tested me for diabetes. He said I had it undiagnosed for quite some time. I drip and dribble all the time and occasionally my bladder will just let go without warning. I am often unaware of my need to pee until it is too late. At night My bladder entries at will once I am asleep. 

I have a strange numb feeling around my groin and the area around my bladder that comes and goes. I also have nerve pain and tingling in my feet.

I am totally urinary incontinent. I used to have good control, but I rigorously untrained.  

I made up my own untraining regimen which I posted here a while back. It took much, much, much longer than 12 months to get the results I have. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am incontinent now 24/7 in diapers for both my bowels and pee. I still have some control but been 24/7 10 months now and so happy. I love my diapers more with each passing week! Now I’m on a business trip and it’s no big deal to wear diapers and I can go about my day without worrying about darting off the bathroom unless I’m stinky of course! 

• Like 2

I can relate to Stevewet as I too have Type2 D and have some of the same symptoms but not yet as severe as he has explained.  I am being treated for this disease but my urologist tells me my IC symptoms will probably worsen as I age further.  As it stands now, I use pads in my underwear day and night, but eventually this will change to something more protective as accidents require.  So far, only one nite time incident but several issues during the day in last couple years.  Diapers are certainly in my future. 

• Like 1

I've been 24/7 for about 3.5 years, and I wore diapers to bed for about a year before that, because I wanted to, on both counts, basically. I did have a couple of incidents of bedwetting, possibly due to a medical condition (my doctor is on the fence about this), but that was twice in about 5 years, so probably did not "justify" my deciding to wear diapers to bed; for me it was mostly about getting more time in diapers, without the complexities of wearing them during the day, back then. Then, I made the leap and went 24/7. At this point, a few years later, I am definitely not incontinent during the day - I proved that to myself recently on a guy's trip to the UK where I wore pull-ups and used the toilet where I could during the day. My range has declined dramatically - I'm in trouble after about 90 minutes now - but my control up to that point is pretty much normal.

Overnight is a different story; having slept in diapers for more than 4 years, I will wet involuntarily while sleeping. I can go two weeks without it happening, and then it can happen on three nights the next week. I cannot go to sleep without a diaper on. Which I'm fine with - I've arguably come full-circle, as my interest in "this" stems, I believe, from my childhood bedwetting history - I was an accomplished and inveterate bedwetter until about age 10 or so. 

• Like 3