LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Odor control or stinky baby?

DailyDi

Odor control or stinky baby?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer diapers with or without odor control

• With
    • without

Woke up this morning in a diaper strongly smelling of urine/amonia. Not very pleasant. I've been spoiled by the odor control in my preferred diaper.

Do you like an odor controlled diaper or a more natural experience?

• Like 1

I definitely prefer diapers with odor control. I'm married, and my wife more or less puts up with my wearing diapers, but if I smelled like an untended toddler all the time, I think that might push her over the edge. Plus, odor control is really chemical stabilization of the urine - it's preventing or delaying the biological processes that generate ammonia over a period of time as urine is held at close to body temperature in a closed, damp environment with lots of bacteria in the neighbourhood. Ammonia is an irritant and strips away the protective oils that your skin manufactures to stay moist and resistant to pathogens, so if your diaper starts smelling like ammonia almost right away, diaper rash is a likely outcome. If you change a lot, it might not become an issue, but if you're wearing high-capacity products for 8 or 10 hours at a time, you NEED odor control. 

Scented diapers are a different story, however. So far, very few of the adult products I've tried have been able to replicate the soft but persistent scenting of Pampers, for example. Some smell like a fire at a chemical plant. I tend to stay away from scented diapers because my wife gets headaches from strongly-scented products. 

• Like 2

Being that I wear 24/7 and all tho I spend most of the time dressed as a baby I do have to work 

I can’t go round smelling of urine so a good diaper with odour control is a must.

• Like 2

I use several drops of scented oil in my diapers to keep me smelling fresh and clean even though I am very wet. The scented oil, however, will not mask my messy diaper, so messing is done in the privacy of home.

• Like 2

@DailyDi

I also am incontinent DL, and I do wear for medical necessity and for need. I also cannot afford to stink, unless for obvious reasons I have to use the diaper because of the situation.  I always try to make sure that if I must use the diaper , that I try to change as quickly as possible , because anything that is left in a diaper is acidic and any skin contact of a prolonged. Can cause severe reddening rash .   I also prefer odor control , because it can lessen the smell for a short time , allowing a person to go in and take care of the situation .

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Word Edits
  • Like 1

Does crinklez make their diapers with odor control? Because I was thinking about ordering some, but I wasn't sure. Please reply if anyone has any insight into this. Thanks!???♥️??

As for me, I LOVE diapers with odor control, especially when I make big poopie in my diaper. Being able to sit in it for hours and hours on end and not smell the huge poopie I made is heaven!?? And I love being able to go pee-pees without smelling it in my diaper. It feels SO nice and warm and cuddly. Whenever I wet and mess my diaper, I feel so much like a BABY. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!??♥️?♥️????? Thank you diaper Gods!??????♥️???♥️??♥️???

Well, no amount of odor control or added scents are going to cover up a poopy mess!  Even trying to seal it in with plastic/rubber/PUL pants over top isn't going to stop it. 

I still remember long long ago when my little brother would wake up with a poopy mess.  My mom would spray stuff like "renuzit" - but my sister dubbed it "renuzicrap" because it just ended up smelling like flowery poop. Not just poop.  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of a joke my mom told me 30 or 40 years ago.

An AVON Lady (remember them?) stepped into an elevator and immediately passed gas.  It smelled terrible so she opened her AVON case and sprayed the elevator with air freshener.

At the next stop, a guy stepped in the elevator and immediately wrinkled his nose and made a face.  The AVON lady, still embarrassed, looked at him and said, "Isn't the smell in this elevator terrible?"

The man looked at her and said, "Yeah.  Smells like someone shit in a pine tree!"

• Haha 5
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, tommyneedsdiapers90 said:

ngl love the smell of soggy diapers. messy too to a point tho but thats just me. it just makes u smell babyish and little and its so embarassing 

Me too, but with a hint of baby oil and powder. 

?‍♂️

• Like 1

My diapers are usually what I get at Goodwill or thrift stores, such as Prevail, McKesson, Attends and a few other lower end brands.  Not sure if they have odor control or not.  My premium diapers of choice are Betterdry and Abena L4.  I never really paid attention to whether they have odor control or not.  Personally, when I'm out somewhere shopping, usually out of town and I have soaked a diaper like Betterdry, I can't notice any urine smell.  Probably because I am dressed in jeans and the jeans hold in the smell of my diaper.  When at home in just diaper and shirt or onesie, I can sometimes notice the urine smell after several hours.  It doesn't bother me when home alone in a wet diaper that I can smell.  When I mess my diaper, I don't think there is any diaper with an odor control that can help with the smell.  I really hate the smell of messy diapers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it is just from wetting, the word used is "smelly". "Stinky" refers to #2. I tend to be a little smelly. The dollies like it since they like to have a reason for me to be in rubber panties