LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Think I am starting to lose interest

It's kind of crazy I loved wearing and stuff like that but now it feels like more of going through the motions and last night I didn't even bother wearing at all, anyone else ever get like this?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, iweardiapers said:

It's kind of crazy I loved wearing and stuff like that but now it feels like more of going through the motions and last night I didn't even bother wearing at all, anyone else ever get like this?

@iweardiapers

I would say everyone goes through cycles where they would wear diapers for longer periods, and then they would get sick of it, or they would not wear as often. When you're incontinent like me, there is no real breaks that you can take from wearing diapers, because you don't know what you're going to release where you're going to release or when you were release.  If you wear for fun, or because of a sexual reason, such as because you like the feelings, I can understand that after awhile the feeling is not the same. I go through that myself sometimes, but I know that diapers will help me, so it doesn't really bother me. When I first started wearing diapers again, I was constantly HARD, and the feelings that I was dealing with were increased about 100 fold.  When you first start wearing diapers, you may be sexually excited because of the feelings that are elicited. After awhile, you wear a diaper, and it's just normal, so you don't have the same feelings so you're not as hard . This is normal , but if you don't wear diapers for a long while you will know the difference because you will be excited because of them .

I believe that it's perfectly fine to take a break if that's what you want to do, and there's nothing wrong with that! In my case, I wear diapers 24 hours a day seven days a week, so I don't take breaks that often: but I do air out and when I do, I may have to go a couple days without them, but that is only if I want to make sure that I do not have any angry looking rashes. Sometimes when you are wearing diapers, the feeling isn't there, so I do understand what you're talking about, but if you take a break for awhile, maybe you will have the feelings again, because these things happen in cycles

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, iweardiapers said:

Classic binge and purge cycle - we've all been through it, many times.   

My recommendation is to grin and bear it. If you feel like you can't be bothered, just lay a nappy out on the bed, lay down on it and do something else like read or play a game on your phone. Within a short while, you'll be taping up, even reluctantly and getting on with things again.  In my experience, it's EXACTLY the same as running long distance when you hit that wall, you need to give yourself headspace and push on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't force yourself to wear if you don't feel like it. If you've been doing it a lot it's normal for it to feel less special or less fun. Just put the diapers away for a bit and when you feel like you want to wear again bring them back out.

• Like 2

Yup! Welcome to the binge/purge cycle! Get used to it because it is something that will follow you around for the rest if your life. The "secret" as mentioned above, is just do what you want, when you want. Dont feel like wearing, then don't. It will come back, just put everything aside for a bit, you know where to find it when everything returns. Everything is cyclical, so trying to get on top of it is the challange. 

Personally, having been in this for many years, I figured that if I wear when I want, this "thing" doesn't own me, "I" choose. Doing this helps even out the binge/purge cycles, and the urges and desires and what ever else, becomes less, and easier to manage. So wear when you want....not when the urge strikes. This way you are taking control, which helps a lot in managing the cycles. You choose, you decide. Don't let an inanimate object run your life.  I wear a lot at night, just pin on a cloth orefold and hit the sack. Sometimes I don't even wear plastic pants. I dont 'use'them all the time. Mostly it is the feeling, the bulk, the thickness and comfort that is what is needed, and this keeps the binge monster away and happy. I also wear on my days off, or when ever else....I'm choosing though. 

So basically, to beat this, you take control. Wear when you want, or maybe even when you DON'T feel like it, its just evening out the cycles, so you are not swinging from one. excess to another, driving yourself qwazy in  the process... Good luck!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, iweardiapers said:

One important thing is don't just throw everything out. Wait for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy the urge that says "I really want to wear a diaper right now." I also enjoy planning out future diaper days when I know I'll have the house to myself. It makes the wearing that much more satisfying.

• Like 2

Sometimes too much of a good thing.  I only wear once or twice a week for a few hours, and that is fine!  It makes looking forwards and anticipating the next time I wear all the more fun when the day comes around.  I have a normal life outside of diapers and in retrospect, diapers are just one small part of who I am overall.  Being a diaper lover doesn't mean you have to wear all the time.  I think the most avid golfer would get sick of it after a while if they golfed every single day.  Your desire to wear will come back, but maybe taper off a bit if you feel like it.  That may keep your interest up (and maybe keep something else up too).

• Like 2

I lost interest a long time ago and now mainly wear for convenience and stress-relief.

I have tried to go without, but it never ends well.
I never get angry or stressed when wearing. 
Much better with diapers than being on anti-depressant or any other pills.

• Thanks 1
On 5/17/2022 at 5:59 PM, BedWetMark said:

Classic binge and purge cycle - we've all been through it, many times.   

My recommendation is to grin and bear it. If you feel like you can't be bothered, just lay a nappy out on the bed, lay down on it and do something else like read or play a game on your phone. Within a short while, you'll be taping up, even reluctantly and getting on with things again.  In my experience, it's EXACTLY the same as running long distance when you hit that wall, you need to give yourself headspace and push on.

You're correct it was just one of those cycles appreciate the advice, I'm back on track now with wearing lol. It's actually amazing how good they feel when you don't wear then wear again, like a newfound love ?

• Like 2

Honestly, my interest in diapers has pretty much disappeared over the last 6 months or so. Back in November the roommates were out of town for a week and I forced myself to burn through a few Alpacas just because I had the house to myself. Each time I wore I ended up taking it off well before it reached capacity because wearing was more annoying than fun. Fast forward to March, and the roomies went on vacation for almost a month. It didn't even dawn on me to put on a diaper until a week before they returned. Burned through 2 more Alpacas (I bought one bag of those last summer and still have a couple left, and prior to that I had just a few odds and ends left from a mixed half case I ordered from ABU in March 2020 and a bag of NSC supreme lites bought around the same time so it's not like I had a big stash to work through) just because I figured I should take advantage of the alone time, but it didn't do anything for me. Now, I do still wear Always Discreet pull ups overnight during my period, which I've been doing for a few years now. I used to wake up in the morning and give them a good soaking before I got changed but now I'm not even in the mood for that. I ended up getting rid of my small stash of AIOs/pocket diapers, stuffers, and waterproof terry-lined training pants while spring cleaning because they were taking up space I wanted for things I actually use, and I have no regrets. I did hang on to my 3 pairs of Rearz cloth trainers but still haven't felt any urge to even wear, let alone actually use, them. I used to enjoy just wearing them and pretending I was a toddler working on potty training when I was in little space, even if I didn't wet them. 

I'm not sure what brought this on. Maybe it's because I've developed other interests/hobbies that occupy my time. Maybe it's because there are fun things I'd rather spend money on than diapers. Whatever the cause I'm not going to worry about it. If the interest comes back, it comes back. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Nothing I can do about it.

Wel! Lindsey, it's not really about "if" it comes back, but "when", which it will. The longer you are distracted by "other stuff" and life in general etc, the stronger it will come back, with a vengance!!

Been there done that, and it is not a fun experiance. May be it is just me, but I go for a length of time with out taking care of my D/L side, it bites back! I think the last time was a couple of years ago, I was busy with stuff, hobbies, work, life etc, and hadn't been wearing, when out of the blue, *W*H*A*M!!! A HUGE obsession and desire to be in a diaper! I wore for like 3 days straight, couldn't think about anything other than diapers and everything having to do with them. I surfed the web looking for photos, went shopping for more diapers, etc..it was NUTS! it had just become almost a huge obsession!!! It was VERY uncomfortable and not fun at all, as it would not stop. Finally, after 3 days.....finally it dissapated to the point I could live in the real world and function.....it was a nasty experiance!!!! 

So the lesson I learned was compromise. I wear when I want, usually on my days off, or, when ever. I also incorperate it in with my other activities. I am very descreet, so that isn't an issue, but it saves me the ugly backlash of ignoring this aspect if myself. Since then, I haven't had much happen, well, nothing major anyways. The urges still come and go, but nothing like the binge cycle I experianced. That was just horrable, and I do try to avoid that situation as much as possible. 

Yes, I know everyone is different, YMMV type of thing, but all I know is what I experienced through my years. If I can help someone avoid going through that, my job is accomplished...

So, taking a laid back approach is ok, just don't think that "if it does it does, or if it doesn't it doesn't"

Is ok....like I said, it's not a matter if "if", but when, and to be honest, I don't know any other AB/DL type where this has not been true.  If you have a soft landing, awesome, but it can and will come back with teeth, and it has the potential to be a non-fun experiance. I just hope this helps you to be prepared for it, just in case. 

Good luck sweetie....

Well, if/when it comes back I won't be caught completely unprepared. Like I said, I kept the Rearz trainers, plus I still have the Always Discreet, some Amazon Always Discreet knockoffs, and a handful of diapers left - 2 Rearz, 2 NSC Supreme Lite, and one last ABU DinoRawrz. The stuff I got rid of I never used much anyway. The waterproof trainers were just a smidge tight - okay if I felt like wearing an hour or two, but a bit uncomfortable for wearing overnight or any extended period of time. The AIOs/pocket diapers were cute, and I thought I'd save money by using those in place of disposables but I never really enjoyed wearing them. I know a lot of people go through the binge/purge cycle but this was more just freeing up space by getting rid of stuff I don't use, and running down the stuff I did use because at the cost of the diapers I usually like there's no point stocking up just for them to take up space for who knows how long til I feel like wearing again. If I do suddenly feel like wearing, what I have will get me through til I can order more. 

• Thanks 1

Like others have said it's that binge and purge cycle, you will know when the time is right to return to wearing and or using again. Just don't throw anything away, I went through this myself a few times but just accepted that this diaper thing is a part of who I am. I wear a few days a week on average or when the mood strikes me. Sometimes you just get busy with life in general (Job, Family and other interests). Live your life and if this is meant to be a part of you, you will know. The best to you in your future adventures.

The urge will return.   We've all went through the cycles. Like Three Rivers said,  don't get rid of anything because you will want to wear them again,  probably sooner than later.