LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help Needed. Still learning how to tape up a diaper correctly.

Hey everybody, so to give some idea of what's going on, I usually try to wear for 2 to 3 days out of the week. and have the ABU PeekABU, Preschool plastic, DinoRawrZ, and the Cushies Plastic. but the issue I keep running into is taping them up correctly and snugly. I will either have a leak around the legholes, which has caused many issues even with plastic pants on. or the tapes will slowly come undone or in one case just pop off. when I'm changing I use oil and powder but I make sure to wash and dry my hands so I would think its not a problem with the tapes. Would love to fix this so I do not waste diapers and I can use them to their fullest. 

I run into the same issues on many brands and it is the cut of the diaper is different across the board. When I have leaks it is mainly out of the legs and it is do to the cut of the diapers. I have found that taping on too tight lets the tabs pop off and that if i angle the tabs wrong I leak more. I usually put the tops straight and slightly angle the bottoms

• Like 1

I know it may not look great, but get some Gorilla tape, and use a couple of pieces to back up the diaper tapes. Come changing time, it’s more than likely you with have to ripe the diaper where the Gorilla tape is at, or cut it. 

• Thanks 1

@-Keyrehn @baby vinny

i understand that you have issues with taping your diapers. Most of the problem can be solved by making sure that when you are taping your diapers up that you are taping them onto the landing zone in the diaper . By landing zone I mean the zone that is on the front most part of your diaper . If you do not put the landing zone and the tapes together properly, this can lead to gaps between the leg holes which can cause leaks, or it can also lead to having diapers that are very very loose and that is also not good.

It is also advisable that you are very careful with your use of powders and oils: this may sound silly but the reason I say this is because if you are using powder and oil, even if you do not get any of that onto the diapers tapes or onto the landing zone, it can cause trouble because you are dealing with loss of stickiness, and that is what you need to make sure that your diapers are staying fastened. You also should be pulling hostage demanding the wings down a little bit, which means you are pulling them with one hand while sticking the tapes onto the landing zone with the other period this does not mean that you tape it up so tight that it feels like it's going to pop, but you have to make sure that it's tight enough so that you do not have a loss of integrity.  Using oils creams or additives arms can also cause the diaper to have issues as well, because it might end up making the diaper weaker.  It is possible by doing this that your diaper could be compromised by the oils or powders that you're using. Most people that I know of, may not use oil or powder that much, because they know that it can mess with the tapes the diapers or with the ability for them to be able to hold together. The last thing that you would want is for your diaper to disintegrate or be too loose because the diaper has lost integrity.

Your tapes should be pulled tight enough so that they will be able to hold both parts of the diaper together, but not so tight that it causes you to show red marks in your diaper area, or be so tight that they pop off. In order to do that you end up grabbing both parts of the diaper and you end up lining them up as best you can pulling them tight so that the tape goes over the top. Once you get it lined up straight then you stick the tape down, and hopefully it will stay. Some diapers may be harder to do than others, but that's what I do. You always make sure that you're pulling your diaper enough so that it is comfortable but not over tight.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1

Don’t waste your money on gorilla tape when my aide diapers me in disposable , we use dollar tree clear packaging tape to reinforce tabs , it does not take much reinforcement to keep even cheap medical diaper tabs in place ( hint in real world experience there is no quality control on tabs by any manufacturers of medical diapers, there are only three manufactures of diaper tapes supplying the entire industry , so budget friendly medical diapers get the “cream of the crap tapes” , and certainly don’t need a super tape like gorilla ( unless of course your not using and changing on regular schedule and trying to prevent the plastic shell from stretching then you might want to unleash the gorilla on it )

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I know it may not look great, but get some Gorilla tape, and use a couple of pieces to back up the diaper tapes. Come changing time, it’s more than likely you with have to ripe the diaper where the Gorilla tape is at, or cut it. 

*rip - the diaper off - not ripe - Ripe is for fruits or vegetables when they are ready for picking/eating

After taping the diaper on............I use white duct tape over the tape tabs as prevention of them pulling off - the diaper WILL "relax"

I tighten the waist band area with long tape strips of white duct tape across the front of the waistband and the rear.. Holding one end on one spot and then pulking it tighter and that works for me

• Haha 3

Nothing better than slipping into a fresh, "ripe" Diaper ?

On a serious note to answer OP's question.

The cloth-Like diapers have the downside of slipping-tapes and sagging after a couple of hours.

This can be greatly fixed by using a Onesie + plastic pants.

The combination of the Onesie And the Plastic pant will allow you to get better use out of these Cloth-Like diapers.

If you're having issues taping Plastic backed diapers, this could be for a variety of reasons.

First of all, Diapers like BETTER-DRY are excellent, but unforgiving for taping purposes.

You need to know Exactly where each tape is going, and there's hardly any information on the Plain WHITE diapers to give you that knowledge.

In this case, Use a sharpie BEFORE unfolding the diaper and marking where you want your tapes,

and then standing in front of a mirror and applying your tapes.

Diapers with marked landing zones make this task easier, because they give you the information of where the tapes should approximately go,

and can likely be removed and re-taped until you achieve the desired fit.

However, it's still better for the tapes to remove and re-tape as least amount of times as possible.

And finally, the age old debate of which tape you should apply first.

For most of the diapers I wear, it's the TOP-right tape first, then TOP-Left, so on and so fourth.

However, if you have marked landing zones and want to insert boosters,

BOTTOM-left THEN bottom-right, (INSERT BOOSTERS) and then tape your top tapes.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

For most of the diapers I wear, it's the TOP-right tape first, then TOP-Left, so on and so fourth.

Careful not to start that debate, or we'll be here all day, but ya I agree. The other recommendation I would have is to Angle your bottom tapes slightly up towards the center of the diaper. This can help with the fit around your legs. 

13 hours ago, Dartplayerinwvc said:

*rip - the diaper off - not ripe - Ripe is for fruits or vegetables when they are ready for picking/eating

Or how your diaper smells after being in it for way too long!

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Since I have tried at least 10 different combinations or more and I am still never satisfied I know your pain.

Sounds like you need a DADDY, Big Brother!?? To help you change your Didees!!!!!???????♥️?? BABY can't do it all by himself!!!! And NEEDS helps!!!!!???♥️?????????????????????????

44 minutes ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

Sounds like you need a DADDY, Big Brother!?? To help you change your Didees!!!!!???????♥️?? BABY can't do it all by himself!!!! And NEEDS helps!!!!!???♥️?????????????????????????

Nah I would prefer a mommy little buddy.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:02 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@-Keyrehn @baby vinny

i understand that you have issues with taping your diapers. Most of the problem can be solved by making sure that when you are taping your diapers up that you are taping them onto the landing zone in the diaper . By landing zone I mean the zone that is on the front most part of your diaper . If you do not put the landing zone and the tapes together properly, this can lead to gaps between the leg holes which can cause leaks, or it can also lead to having diapers that are very very loose and that is also not good.

It is also advisable that you are very careful with your use of powders and oils: this may sound silly but the reason I say this is because if you are using powder and oil, even if you do not get any of that onto the diapers tapes or onto the landing zone, it can cause trouble because you are dealing with loss of stickiness, and that is what you need to make sure that your diapers are staying fastened. You also should be pulling hostage demanding the wings down a little bit, which means you are pulling them with one hand while sticking the tapes onto the landing zone with the other period this does not mean that you tape it up so tight that it feels like it's going to pop, but you have to make sure that it's tight enough so that you do not have a loss of integrity.  Using oils creams or additives arms can also cause the diaper to have issues as well, because it might end up making the diaper weaker.  It is possible by doing this that your diaper could be compromised by the oils or powders that you're using. Most people that I know of, may not use oil or powder that much, because they know that it can mess with the tapes the diapers or with the ability for them to be able to hold together. The last thing that you would want is for your diaper to disintegrate or be too loose because the diaper has lost integrity.

Your tapes should be pulled tight enough so that they will be able to hold both parts of the diaper together, but not so tight that it causes you to show red marks in your diaper area, or be so tight that they pop off. In order to do that you end up grabbing both parts of the diaper and you end up lining them up as best you can pulling them tight so that the tape goes over the top. Once you get it lined up straight then you stick the tape down, and hopefully it will stay. Some diapers may be harder to do than others, but that's what I do. You always make sure that you're pulling your diaper enough so that it is comfortable but not over tight.

Good Luck!

Brian

But what if there is no landing zone?

Most people don't really need powder or oils, and parents don't use powder when changing diapers on healthy bums. 

Any ointment is to be used only when its required for whatever reason, for anything else its much better to wash skin properly between changes.

After you have touched powder or oil, you have to wash hands really good with soap, and rinse really good, or the tapes wont stick.
IMO its way too much hassle for something you don't really need.

When sticking the tape to the diaper, stick, then rub.  Rubbing makes them fasten a lot better.
Never have any tape problems with any plastic diaper.

6 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

Why would you PREFER an Mommy Big Brother?!????????

I would not be against a big brother since I have had ABDL friends who are guys change me and vice versa.  

However in general yes I would really really really prefer if it was a girlfriend/mommy.

• Like 1

Well after seeing my newest diapers have a landing strip I will go back to to method of angling the bottom tapes and then putting the front ones across.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I would not be against a big brother since I have had ABDL friends who are guys change me and vice versa.  

However in general yes I would really really really prefer if it was a girlfriend/mommy.

Well, you ALREADY have a little brother buddy, ME!!!!?♥️?☺️?♥️??? And i wanna be your little brother! And you my big brother! Along with Tommy, Kody, and Rob!!!!???????????? I have MANY big brothers!!!! All of which are BETTER than my ACTUAL big brother!!!!! LOL!?????

16 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Well after seeing my newest diapers have a landing strip I will go back to to method of angling the bottom tapes and then putting the front ones across.

That's probably a GOOD idea buddy! ???♥️?☺️?????♥️?? And then you can help tape up MY DIDEES!!!!!?????☺️? LOL!???????????☺️?

13 minutes ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

Well, you ALREADY have a little brother buddy, ME!!!!?♥️?☺️?♥️??? And i wanna be your little brother! And you my big brother! Along with Tommy, Kody, and Rob!!!!???????????? I have MANY big brothers!!!! All of which are BETTER than my ACTUAL big brother!!!!! LOL!?????

That's probably a GOOD idea buddy! ???♥️?☺️?????♥️?? And then you can help tape up MY DIDEES!!!!!?????☺️? LOL!???????????☺️?

Sure I would help you little buddy.

• Like 1

Bottom tapes first then top tapes. Make sure the bottom tapes are pointing up and the top is pointing down. If they are single tapes then do the right side first. Again making sure they are pointing up.

If wearing Crinklz then use ducktape because the plasic backing is very weak and prone to tear. If using duck tape then use the tape on the bottoms

• Like 1
On 5/18/2022 at 7:27 AM, CodHero24 said:

Nothing better than slipping into a fresh, "ripe" Diaper ?

On a serious note to answer OP's question.

The cloth-Like diapers have the downside of slipping-tapes and sagging after a couple of hours.

This can be greatly fixed by using a Onesie + plastic pants.

The combination of the Onesie And the Plastic pant will allow you to get better use out of these Cloth-Like diapers.

If you're having issues taping Plastic backed diapers, this could be for a variety of reasons.

First of all, Diapers like BETTER-DRY are excellent, but unforgiving for taping purposes.

You need to know Exactly where each tape is going, and there's hardly any information on the Plain WHITE diapers to give you that knowledge.

In this case, Use a sharpie BEFORE unfolding the diaper and marking where you want your tapes,

and then standing in front of a mirror and applying your tapes.

Diapers with marked landing zones make this task easier, because they give you the information of where the tapes should approximately go,

and can likely be removed and re-taped until you achieve the desired fit.

However, it's still better for the tapes to remove and re-tape as least amount of times as possible.

And finally, the age old debate of which tape you should apply first.

In my experience top right then bottom right then bottom left and finally top left gives me the best fit and practically zero unintentional leaks. 

• Like 2