LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinent but Uusing diapers even when you could make it to the bathroom

2 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

That's why I am in diapers because my incontinence is getting worse as I age and wearing pull ups isn't an option for me anymore. It's why I can't wear pull ups anymore and I am in tape diapers for the foreseeable future.

Who changes your diapers buddy?!??????☺️♥️????????????♥️?????

45 minutes ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

Who changes your diapers buddy?!??????☺️♥️????????????♥️?????

I do and I change them myself 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

Really?! I would've THOUGHT someone would've changed you for some reason.?????

Sometimes my mother but most times it’s myself 

• Like 2

When my IC issues got to the point of I didn’t make it in time and increased urgency I decided to simply use my diaper and I have no regrets 8 years later I simply sped up the process of my loss of control but had the security feeling I knew my pants would stay dry and removed the stress of am I going to make it in time.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Rob110 said:

When my IC issues got to the point of I didn’t make it in time and increased urgency I decided to simply use my diaper and I have no regrets 8 years later I simply sped up the process of my loss of control but had the security feeling I knew my pants would stay dry and removed the stress of am I going to make it in time.

I'm like that too. My Incontinence got worse as I got older and it compounded by my medical issues I am already dealing with. I decided to go back into diapers because I knew they were gona keep me dry and whatever control I had left is gonna be gone by the time I enter the nursing home or senior living complex. Since being kept in diapers, I have no worries, stress's or concerns about making it to the potty. My diapers do that for me and they keep me safe, secure, padded and dry.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I made a similar post a while ago. You have to do what feels right for you. I still have some control, however, diapers are what I’m in so I just go with the flow. Granted in the time that has past in that post there are times where the urge to go is greater then my ability to stop, tada, DIAPERS! ?

• Like 1
On 5/6/2022 at 5:01 AM, VA diaper boy said:

So I’m struggling a bit to deal with the urinary frequency and urgency.  For instance, I probably urinated 20 times yesterday.  I’ve given up trying to get to the bathroom and now just use my diapers even though I could make it sometimes to the bathroom.  Do other incontinent people sometimes just use their diaper even though they probably could have made it to the bathroom?  Have you just given up and resorted to just always using your diaper instead of the bathroom?  I’m at the point where it’s just a lot easier and less stressful to use diapers than run to the bathroom constantly or worry about the fact that I wet a diaper.  Thoughts?

@VA diaper boy

For day time, I am still in the mode of trying to get to the toilet in time.  How ever, I understand your concern / issues.  I know that I already am not 100% in the day time in that I can tell I'm leaking a little at times trying to control things prior to making it, and/or slightly dripping after I'm done (and back dressed)....  Probably both at this point -- from early on set BPH and the impact it has on my bladder.  I do expect at some point in the future I will get to the point where it won't be worth fighting that battle.  I am not at your level of frequency.  (Give it time and I'm sure BPH will have additional impact as time moves on... And I need another round of something like Rezūm but don't recognize the need while it creeps up -- like boiling a frog starting with cool to lukewarm water....)

At night, I've already lost control -- several years ago from a combination of illness, medications, and the side affects on my body, which tweaked how I sensed things and shifted occasional nocturia into nocturnal enuresis.  At this point if I happen to wake up after the metrication cycle has started at night (or possibly right on the edge of starting), I don't try to abort it, and let it run the course.  I get much better sleep when it just happens in my sleep -- and I sleep solidly through the event.  Its rare to wake up and make it to the toilet (to relieve the bladder) at night at this point.

Yes (mental) acceptance is a two edge sword....

• Like 3
On 8/21/2022 at 7:31 PM, munkey said:

I made a similar post a while ago. You have to do what feels right for you. I still have some control, however, diapers are what I’m in so I just go with the flow. Granted in the time that has past in that post there are times where the urge to go is greater then my ability to stop, tada, DIAPERS! ?

That actually reminds me of when I was 12 years old and in Middle School. I was in the cafeteria at one of the lunch tables and I had to go pee-pee and I was just holding it in for a while, and then I just let it out a little at a time, the more and more I went the better it felt. It felt so good to just release it. I enjoyed the warm sensation, and then it got warmer and warmer. I'll NEVER forget that feeling, it was SO blissful! The only thing that could have made it BETTER was having a Diapey on!????? I felt SO naughty and Little, it was awesome. And oddly enough I DON'T remember cleaning up after that. So I enjoyed it EVEN MORE the whole day!????? I REALLY do enjoy going pee-pees in my pants, I REALLY AM AN BABY!!!!!?????♥️??????☺️????♥️???

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So hello I do not go on here very often but reading through all these. Let me say first. I first had an interest in diapers and plastic pants as young boy. Yes, I wet the bed quite occasionally and Mom beat for me for it. I crapped my pants in school because the teacher would not let me go potty. So then at 12 or 13 I am babysitting my niece and changing her diapers and have dribbled in my underpants over the years and sometimes even wet myself. So, I manage to put het her cloth diapers and used plastic bags for plastic pants and I wet in the diapers. As you all know that feeling of oh my gosh that feels so good. Now for the last 10 years I worn drug store g and now after Covid I had quite bad was in hospital for a little over a month. Now I am wearing Diapers 2, 3, and even 4 days 24/7. The rest of the time I am still dribbling or getting up and or running to the potty. The wife knows that I have to wear diapers and plastic pants but only occasionally. Just yesterday I tried to go without pee pants or diapers wrong almost peed my pants completely and wore diapers to a meeting last night wearing and home wet. I am wetting heavier to the point of I do not buy pee pants anymore. So, this helps me knowing I am not alone in liking and wearing my diapers I am not alone.

Sorry, this is so long I have to go change my diaper.

• Like 3
On 5/6/2022 at 8:01 AM, VA diaper boy said:

So I’m struggling a bit to deal with the urinary frequency and urgency.  For instance, I probably urinated 20 times yesterday.  I’ve given up trying to get to the bathroom and now just use my diapers even though I could make it sometimes to the bathroom.  Do other incontinent people sometimes just use their diaper even though they probably could have made it to the bathroom?  Have you just given up and resorted to just always using your diaper instead of the bathroom?  I’m at the point where it’s just a lot easier and less stressful to use diapers than run to the bathroom constantly or worry about the fact that I wet a diaper.  Thoughts?

You nailed it! Enough siad...

On 5/6/2022 at 5:01 AM, VA diaper boy said:

I have varying modes. I must wear some form of protection at all times because of frequent-enough spontaneous bladder urges and also frequent nighttime wetting. However much of the time the signals work just fine and I can make it to the toilet easily. When I'm around polite company I do just that. I also mainly do that at home. However sometimes I get into lazy mode and just pee and sometimes poop into my diaper. That might account for about 30% of my home alone time.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to try and make it usually unsuccessfully to the toilet In the end O just gave up trying and more often than not just wet my nappy. Most of the time it just happens totally uncontrollably but sometimes I just make the decision to wet my self as I can't hold it any longer.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, stevewet said:

I used to try and make it usually unsuccessfully to the toilet In the end O just gave up trying and more often than not just wet my nappy. Most of the time it just happens totally uncontrollably but sometimes I just make the decision to wet my self as I can't hold it any longer.

And that's why I am put back into diapers because I know I can never make it to the potty and more often I just go in my diaper

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/30/2022 at 1:17 PM, Rob110 said:

@Rob110 thank you for sharing this. Having read many of your posts in various threads I think your situation has been a lot like mine. A little over a year ago I made the decision to go 24/7 to eliminate the stress of constantly having to go to the toilet. My level of IC prior to decided to go 24/7 was already quite life-limiting. BUT even though that is the case, I'm now struggling with regret/guilt that all I've done by switching to nappies is hasten on my loss of control.

It's certainly given me more freedom in one sense: I can go out for several hours and not worry about wetting myself or having to spend lots of time in the loo but it isn't all sunshine and flowers as I have the (not inconsiderable) expensive of having to buy nappies and all the associated faff of wearing them.

I guess I'm just looking for validation that I've made the right choice and have nothing to feel guilty about! 

13 hours ago, Little Belle said:

I guess I'm just looking for validation that I've made the right choice and have nothing to feel guilty about! 

@Little Belle

it looks like to me, you already have the validation! If you don't think you do, then I believe you have made the right decision so I validate it, as the choice that makes sense to you!

Part of the problem is that there are so many people out there that are so worried that people will find out about something like this, that they will try so hard to hide what is actually true. I learned three years ago, that it was time for me to make the decision you just did: by making this decision, I realized that it is the better decision for me. I got sick of having wet pants, I got sick of having messes in my pants, or not being able to get to the bathroom on time, and 90% of the time I would almost hurt myself getting there, and with my mobility the way it is, I'm trying to make sure that I keep myself upright, but if I move too fast I make mistakes, and then I'm on the floor!

As far as the guilt and embarrassment goes, let's put it this way: do you feel better having a diaper on rather than to worry about having wet pants or a mess in your pants? Is it easier to deal with having a diaper on and not having to run to the bathroom every five to 10 minutes? Is it easier to sleep knowing that you don't have to get up every 5 minutes?

If you can say yes to any of these questions: then you have made the right decision that makes yourself validate it! As long as you are comfortable with the decision you have made, and you are able to deal with the consequences of that decision, then you have made the decision that makes the sense you are looking for. I just got sick of having a mess all the time, or having to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Add to that the fact that at night, I was spending two to three hours in the bathroom at least, because I'd get up twice during the night and have to sit in the bathroom.

Yes I always used to second guess myself, thinking did I make the right decision, does it make sense, do I feel better about it, is it easier for me to deal with, do I have the necessary tools to be able to deal with it? All of those questions were answered with an affirmative yes: there should be no reason why you would be self-conscious if you believe that the decision you made is the right one. Far too often, people are stubborn and they think that it is a bad idea to use a diaper, but they end up making a mess anyway, and it makes it harder for them. They think someone is going to find out about it, and then they're going to get picked on or chastised or any of that: what people have to realize is that it is a decision that is made based on your needs and your situation! No one should be the one to make the decision other than yourself, or with the help of someone that you love!

Having a diaper on is one of the easiest things that I've ever dealt with. Sure you have to change it three or four times a day sometimes, and sometimes more than that, but as long as you're able to relax and enjoy yourself, the extra time it takes to be able to make the change is worth it. I don't know how many times I would go to bed and I would feel like I didn't even get enough sleep, or how many times I would make a mess in my bed and have to clean it up at 3:00 in the morning: based on these facts and everything else I have stated, diapers were the best thing that could ever happen to me

as far as everybody else knowing it, there are people around the world who wear diapers every day: whether they need them for medical reasons, whether they're disabled, whether they need them for psychological reasons, or because they like them and want to wear them, each is a valid reason to wearing a diaper. Some people really like the comfort of a diaper, so they wear them, because it makes them feel good. In my case I have an incontinence diagnosis, and wearing diapers helps me deal with the feelings that I have dealt with since I was eight years old: I don't feel guilty one bit, because diapers serve both purposes, and that's just about as good as you can ever think, because with a diaper on you don't have to worry about a thing! Of course you could leak or have an accident every once in awhile, cause that happens, but you don't have to worry about validation because you have just validated it yourself!

Now all you have to do is enjoy it! That is the easiest way to handle a situation that may end up getting away from you. As long as you are in control of the situation by whatever means that are necessary,the validation is there, and your need has been validated , so there's nothing else that you should have to worry about . Anybody that would pick on someone who wears diapers because they need to because they want to or because they have to , they need their head examined : diapers aren't the problem , it's the old stigmas and the old ways and the thinking that is antiquated thinking that people wearing diapers are somehow crazy or silly , or any type of word that you can insert : part of the problem is that people need to understand that there are people who wear diapers for a variety of reasons , and they shouldn't be looking to embarrass anyone : some of the worst problem can be rooted in the fact that somebody's beliefs about wearing diapers or using diapers or liking diapers is somehow wrong or ethically or morally incorrect ! I can tell you from example and from experience they're wearing diapers is not wrong, liking them is not wrong ethically morally or spiritually , and there's nothing that anyone should be afraid of or nervous about .

many of us here on daily diapers wear diapers! The reason we wear them is for medical or physiological/ comfort reasons, but the reason is there. Me being an incontinent diaper lover, I understand that better than ever now. The feelings that are elicited by wearing diapers can be surmised in the following way: like if somebody makes you a succulent chocolate cake, and it is so yummy that you can't resist a piece of cake, and you want it so bad that you are willing to beg borrow or steal for that taste for that feeling or for that reaction! Diapers are like one of the things that somebody should not be worried about, because they are there to help you, and anyone who needs them should be wearing them, with pride, and anyone who is picking on someone because they wear diapers, well they belong in a position where they learn a lesson

take care!

Brian

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

it looks like to me, you already have the validation! If you don't think you do, then I believe you have made the right decision so I validate it, as the choice that makes sense to you

Thank you so much @~Brian~ you are so lovely posting that ❤️ 

Yes you're right about it all of course - although it does sound like your situation was maybe a bit more clear cut than mine as your IC sounds like it was worse at the time you starting wearing 24/7 than mine was. Nevertheless, mine was bad too and it was life limiting and now it's not because I wear nappies. So that's my validation ?

I also know that being autistic, the sensory overwhelm of recognising I needed the toilet + finding the toilet quickly enough wasn't good for my MH and caused me to be very anxious and distracted. Now, the comfort of wearing nappies definitely satisfies a sensory need and makes me feel so calm.

And the acid test is this: would I want to go back to my life a year ago? And the answer is a definite NO as I love wearing nappies. So there we are.

Thanks again though ❤️

7 minutes ago, Little Belle said:

Thank you so much @~Brian~ you are so lovely posting that ❤️ 

Yes you're right about it all of course - although it does sound like your situation was maybe a bit more clear cut than mine as your IC sounds like it was worse at the time you starting wearing 24/7 than mine was. Nevertheless, mine was bad too and it was life limiting and now it's not because I wear nappies. So that's my validation ?

I also know that being autistic, the sensory overwhelm of recognising I needed the toilet + finding the toilet quickly enough wasn't good for my MH and caused me to be very anxious and distracted. Now, the comfort of wearing nappies definitely satisfies a sensory need and makes me feel so calm.

And the acid test is this: would I want to go back to my life a year ago? And the answer is a definite NO as I love wearing nappies. So there we are.

Thanks again though ❤️

@Little Belle

you and I both share things in common. I ended up having incontinence, and I also have been dealing with anxiety and depression as well as dealing with the feelings that I've been trying to fight for so long. For some reason, trying to fight the sensations and the feelings and the needs was like trying to swim upstream against a very strong current:  I just couldn't do it anymore, and every time I try to fight against something like this karma i'd fail miserably or I'd still have the feelings regardless of what I tried to do, the only difference is that I would hide them because of the fact that I didn't think that it was a proper to have to have those feelings or to experience those desires.

Three years ago, I started having problems with incontinence and with accents and with IBS and diverticulitis. I started having issues because for And something had changed: not sure why I changed or what happened, but I found quickly that and have the ability to be able to move as quickly as I once did, and several times had accidents I realize how quickly something happens:  I would simply feel something, and that would set off the sensors, so I would prepare to get up. On several occasions when this happened, I would literally Think I have to get.. And then the next thing I know i'd already done the deed, and I didn't even have time to react. after several more run ins would this type of situation, I weighed my options. I figured that the easiest way to handle this would be to go with diapers because, because it is a lot easier to keep yourself dry and comfortable if wearing one as opposed to making a mess all over everywhere and whatever you're sitting on or in.

Being disabled, I do understand that there are certain individuals who have other disabilities, and autism is one that is interesting. Although I am not well versed in Autism, i've learned a lot from other people who deal with it. one of the things that I've learned is that things can be harder for those that are autistic, because they don't sometimes communicate in the normal ways that people communicate, and they are in their own little world, and one of the things that I learned is that each person is within their own little world, and depending on the severity, they could be blocked in that world, unable to speak or communicate with us, Way to help them open the door so they can communicate with us again. Many things happen when you are disabled like this, and one of the things that is interesting about it is that you are not sure what a person can do until you work with somebody like that and learn about the person and their talents. I pray some days that some of my friends who are nonverbal autistic will sometime Be able to communicate again, and in that way open up again so that they can function, but that takes time and a lot of love and understanding and attention. I have a couple of friends who deal with autistic children, so I know that it is a struggle one way or the other.

I also know that autism is an interesting animal because like you said, autism is sensory, so Sometimes that helps a lot with some individuals, and it sounds to me like you wearing diapers is exactly what you need to do, not only because you need them for incontinence, but you also need them because if it fulfills a need similar to me being a diaper lover. For some reason I love the I love the feel of the diaper, I love the way the thing crinkles, and I love the way it feels. this way I don't have to worry about making a mess, and if I do at least it is contained, and I don't have to worry anymore about stress a worry or any of that.  Sometimes stress or anxiety can get the best of me as well, and for some reason as you stated the diaper helps me because it helps me deal with the feelings that I have had ever since I was eight years old, and because I am incontinent, the diaper serves two purposes: it helps me with my incontinence, but it also helps me with the feelings that I Dealt with for years period I don't have to hide it anymore, and I don't have to feel guilty about it. it's just a part of life and it's a lot easier on me to have the diaper on than to worry about having to run to the bathroom, or to end up not getting enough sleep at night because I'm constantly in the bathroom. when I get a halfway decent night sleep I am OK, but sometimes not getting enough sleep it makes me want to sleep longer, and that throws my clock off, because then I end up sleeping too long and then waking up too early in the morning, or getting up early in the morning to deal with going to the bathroom and sitting on the toilet, I miss the time I should be sleeping.

I feel the same way, with anxiety, depression, and sensory need. they give me the opportunity to enjoy something, the feelings and all of that, without the guilt and all of the shame and everything that goes with an incontinence diagnosis problem, and I don't think it is a problem now. I feel a lot more confident because of the fact I am doing what I ought to be right, and now my mental health is a lot better off. I have found it interesting that a lot of my support people agreed with my decision and also me that it is not uncommon to feel the way I feel or to think the way I think, Or like what I like. i've learned from experience that some people enjoy certain stimuli or a certain sensory objects, and from what I understand diapers are not uncommon for those that are autistic, because they fill a need for someone who is dealing with sensory issues I feel calm as well: and I And I don't have to worry anymore.

So it looks like both of us have validated our need as well as our use of diapers:  and really it is not that bad: i'd rather wear a diaper than have all of the anxiety and all of the negative feelings and impact that I've dealt with for 47 or so years: some of the hardest things that I've had to deal with are things that I know that my family understands cause they've helped me through it, but some things are better left unset, and some things can't be even analyzed or verbalized because of the way it makes you feel Carmen and I'm not sure anyone understands why we may feel the way we do, but the sensory input, being that we have diapers on or that they crinkle or they feel good or whatever it is, does have merit, And it is one of the most important things that people should understand:  A diaper simply isn't a diaper when It helps you in many ways:  It can help you deal with incontinence it can help you deal with accidents, but it also can help you deal with the feelings and the sensory inputs that you deal with period some of them are audible, some of them are visual, some of them are sensory or by feel, but regardless of what happened if a diaper can help you or any object can help you deal with sensory overload or sensory inputs, then the diaper is a good thing A good thing to have, and not just because of incontinence: it serves the purposes that we need them to serve come, and I wouldn't change anything about what I have done either!

Brian

• Like 2

I haven't written anything here for a long time - but I can also contribute something to this topic...

If I can, then I try to go to the toilet. Unfortunately, that only goes well in half of the cases. For me, it's mostly in phases during the day. In the morning it usually works quite well, because I start working late. Then happens so 5 or 6 hours sometimes not at all. I then usually go to the toilet once or twice as a prophylactic, but there is usually very little. 

At some point the bladder realizes that it is too full and starts to try to get rid of the contents in a more or less controlled way. Then I could actually sit on the toilet for the next two hours and wait for the next spasm. 

In the beginning I always tried to stop the flow when it started and then sat on the toilet where nothing or little came. Often I ran to the toilet and didn't make it. That is then doubly frustrating. 

In the meantime I gave up because it is just too exhausting. When the bladder starts to bitch around I just wait until it is empty and then change the diaper. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mick_dl said:

I haven't written anything here for a long time - but I can also contribute something to this topic...

If I can, then I try to go to the toilet. Unfortunately, that only goes well in half of the cases. For me, it's mostly in phases during the day. In the morning it usually works quite well, because I start working late. Then happens so 5 or 6 hours sometimes not at all. I then usually go to the toilet once or twice as a prophylactic, but there is usually very little. 

At some point the bladder realizes that it is too full and starts to try to get rid of the contents in a more or less controlled way. Then I could actually sit on the toilet for the next two hours and wait for the next spasm. 

In the beginning I always tried to stop the flow when it started and then sat on the toilet where nothing or little came. Often I ran to the toilet and didn't make it. That is then doubly frustrating. 

In the meantime I gave up because it is just too exhausting. When the bladder starts to bitch around I just wait until it is empty and then change the diaper. 

@mick_dl

One of the things I have noticed is that once you start the road you are traveling, you can make two choices: one of them is that you, and the other one is that you untrain yourself so that you are incontinent. also, there are other mitigating circumstances ability, sometimes it's because of medical reasons, comfort reasons are psychological reasons. One of the things that I have noticed is that A lot of the stress that I talk about in my last posting was caused because of the fact that I was so worried about what people would do say think or believe, so the best way for me to handle this is to deal with it in a way that makes sense for me: i'm not living my life for anyone else, and I try to do everything the way that I would want to do it, the way I know to be right. this doesn't mean that I'm constantly or always right, it just means did I try to be person I can be.

Now, the most important thing is that I had to come to a realization called 2018 and 2019, I started having accidents, some of them weren't too bad, some of them were easy to take care of, but they kept on becoming more frequent and more difficult to deal with. One of the things that I had to decide was more important?

Was my health important,, was my well-being important, was my psyche important, my sanity And all of that? you betcha: all of these things are important, and it just means that you have to make the determination that makes sense to you. for years, I fought the fact that I Along with incontinence on and off through my entire life, because of my disability it was making it harder, so the easiest way for me to deal with it is to just start wearing diapers 24/7. this decision was made in 2020.

So in a way, I gave in: I wanted to be sane, I wanted to be able to function to the highest level possible, and I didn't want to have to worry about any stress, or any thing that would cause me undue stress. Stress is not something that is easy to deal with, and you just have to sometimes roll with the punches, but part of the deal is I had been denying that I am a incontinent diaper lover for so long, that I basically said to myself that I wasn't what I was, and after talking to several people here on DD, I finally realized that Denying what I actually AM and what I've been all my life is not helpful in my ability to deal with situations I deal with.

So I decided that the easiest way for me to deal with my incontinence and my feelings is to just wear diapers 24/7. having a disability, sometimes makes it hard for mobility situations, and I was losing more sleep at night because I was in the bathroom half the night. ever since I started wearing diapers, stress has gone way down and I don't have to worry about a thing. I have accepted what I am and why and why I do what I do, And I feel better for it as well. what you need to realize is that it is not wrong to give in, if it means that it makes you feel comfortable it makes you feel like a piece of you is now complete: most of my problem was that I couldn't figure out how to deal with the situation I was dealing with, and I was fighting what was true and I can't fight that any more, and ever since I've made that decision life has been a heck of a lot better for myself. My mental and physical as well as emotional health have increased because of the fact that I am letting my body and my feelings show, and by that I mean that if I feel the way I feel, i'm not going to deny it: it feels good to have a diaper on, it feels good to have the sensations, or whatever it is!

so what I'm saying to you is: should not fight what make sense to you! sure, there may be people that may not understand why do or how you feel the way you feel, but denying yourself Is not a good idea either. it is not a bad thing to wear diapers or like them or need them, it's just that you need to figure out how to deal with it.

Good Luck!

Brian

23 hours ago, mick_dl said:

I'm like that too and I am at an age where being diapered is preferred and much normal for me. I try to use the potty but my age and stress are catching up to me and it's at a point where being diapered is much more better than having to deal with the potty. It's why I am in diapers and in diapers permanently

I have a combined dribble and urge incontinence. So, dribbling, which does not happen every day, I cannot feel and control at all, but the urge of course I feel coming. In the beginning of my IC I tried to use the toilet as much as possible when I felt the urge to go and let int flow only in my diaper if I knew I couldn't reach one.

The first step in the path to "why not simply accept..." was in the night. I first used some Tena Pants for my IC, also in the night. As from bad childhood memories I was really afraid of wetting the bed, so I nearly didn't come into deep sleep and woke up with the slightest urge to pee - went to the toilet (sometimes not right in time before the flow started) and back into bed needing sometimes more that half an hour to get back to sleep - and this several times in the night. 
So, after a week I realized that I can't continue in this way without getting crazy with the lack of sleep and decided to give "real" diapers a try. First point was - I drove quick into deep sleep as I knew that the diaper has much higher capacity that pants and leaking his not such a big issue so my bed should stay dry. In the first two nights I also tried to reach the toilet as I woke up with the urge, but getting up. fiddling carefully with the tapes to be able to refasten them afterwards, led to the fact that most of my pee went already into the diaper instead of the toilet. So I decided as second step - if anyway my pee gets into the diaper, why to get up at all if the urge comes? So I got used to simply roll on the back when the urge comes and let it flow, and getting back to sleep within shortest time. This increased the quality of my sleep dramatically, so I accepted using fully my diapers (usually Tena Proskin Slip Maxi) in the night is far the best way of handling my issues.

During the day I switched from Tena Pants over to Attends Flex type diapers. They have a much, much better capacity, are cheaper, are easy to open and refastening, also changing is much easier than with pants. So, generally I'm able (and still sometimes do) to use the toilet, especially for #2 I always do. But, on the other hand, I must state that over the time I get more and more relaxed using sometimes my diaper even if theoretically I could reach a toilet. Sometimes it feels simply convenient to continue what I'm doing in the moment when the urge comes. On the other hand, being incontinent often is a burden; you have to keep an eye on your supplies and spend the money for it, have to plan when and where to change, handle the garbage, paying attention to be discreet - so why not sometimes enjoy the advantage of being in a diaper? I feel absolutely no shame doing this!

Hi Brain,

first of all, thank you for the encouraging words. I could write a lot about the topic of "accepting" now. It's been quite a roller coaster over the years. There was a long time when I used diapers just for fun. That was my own little kick and for myself that was OK. It is - except for the Bing - Purge cycle that everyone goes through nothing that I would have blamed myself for. 

The thing had just one big problem: You could hardly talk about it with anyone and the whole thing was quite a self-centered "hobby". 

At some point the incontinence came. Not as some might imagine here. That was almost two years of the worst pain that made me unable to work for a time. Some bad bacteria had eaten the GAP layer of my bladder wall... It really took a while until I had the shit back under control. 

Well, at some point I learned that the diabetes I probably had for a while was partly responsible for the fact that the bladder did not regenerate so quickly. Then there was also an enlargement of the prostate. 

Well - what has changed? I can now talk to many people about my medical problems and they all understand. Nobody looks at me stupidly because of my special underwear and I have no problem accepting that I need it at the moment. 

The problem has completely turned around. I used to worry that someone would judge me for my diapers or just think I was crazy. Today I am worried that it will get worse. 

I don't mean that I will become completely incontinent - that wouldn't be too much of a problem. In my case, worsening means not being able to pee because the bladder muscle is too weak. That means ISC or SPC concerning the bladder with all the problems like UTI's attached to it. In addition, there is of course the risk that at some point it also affects the legs and I can no longer walk properly.

The diseases that cause incontinence are all in no way funny, and those who have them - for them the incontinence is at some point a small annoyance on the edge of a completely different scary scene.

The decision on which road to take then has little to do with how to deal with incontinence and whether to go to the toilet once more or less. The question is then: What do I have to do so that the underlying disease does not get worse? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 3:07 AM, Little Belle said:

@Rob110 thank you for sharing this. Having read many of your posts in various threads I think your situation has been a lot like mine. A little over a year ago I made the decision to go 24/7 to eliminate the stress of constantly having to go to the toilet. My level of IC prior to decided to go 24/7 was already quite life-limiting. BUT even though that is the case, I'm now struggling with regret/guilt that all I've done by switching to nappies is hasten on my loss of control.

It's certainly given me more freedom in one sense: I can go out for several hours and not worry about wetting myself or having to spend lots of time in the loo but it isn't all sunshine and flowers as I have the (not inconsiderable) expensive of having to buy nappies and all the associated faff of wearing them.

Deciding to go 24/7 was the right choice, knowing you are protected from accidents and the reduced stress level makes it a good decision. and yes premium diapers are expensive but are tax deductible at the end of the year since they are a medical expense so that helps  a bit.  For me I did loose my remaining control quicker then Imwould have but the reduced stress level was worth it in the long run 

Im now in the stat of my ninth year and I have no regrets even my urologist agreed I made the right choice as I did not want to go with the meds as the possible side effects are not worth it and they would have reduced my accidents not stopped them so why use them.  Would I like to be out of diapers definitely but since its not an option I try to look at the benefits more then the negatives of being diapered 24/7 the pandemics shutdown of sll public bathrooms was a non issue :) and being stuck in traffic needing to pee is a thing of the past 

Hope you can finally accept you made the correct decision and can enjoy your life and the reduced stress level of not worrying where the closest bathroom is when you get the sudden urge to quickly pee. 

• Thanks 3