LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

At the DMV

LtlGary

Up in Virginia where I used to live they gave you a little ticket when you came in that had a letter (different letters for different things like driver license, plates, etc...) and a number.    You sat around until they called your letter and number.     My wife told me it was inappropriate that I jumped up and yelled BINGO when my number was called.

Down here, they've done all they could to keep you out of DMV offices and the horrendous thing we also have called the Plate Agency.  You can do most everything online.   

It's the inane rules that drive me nuts.

A whlie back I had two houses, one in NC and one in VA.    I kept a truck in NC and since it was a pain to have to drive it back up to VA to get it inspected every year, I decided to try to license it in NC.    It took two trips, supporting documents, notarized forms, and copies of our driver's licenses to get it done, but I got it done.   When I went to renew, they asked for all the documents again, but at least I was able to convince them that I'd already submitted it once.

Then when I moved down here they wanted proof of residence.    Well, I just moved so I had none.   I showed the DMV guy my NC registration.   He said he didn't know you could get a NC registration without a license (don't get me started) but wouldn't take it.   Finally, I showed him my property tax bill.   He says it still has a VA mailing address.    I pointed out that the property itself was in the county we were standing in.     Finally, they let me take the eye test and get my license.   By the time I left, they'd locked all the doors (it was about 40 minutes after closing).   I had to go out the back door.

But, yes, I was diapered.

• Like 1

Fortunately, I was out of there in a little over an hour. So glad I made an appointment. Didn't need to use my diaper but I loved the emotional security.

I hadn't been there since Covid hit, so it was a lot less crowded. Lines used to wrap all the way around the building.

It's not so bad here if you're doing licenses.   But tagging/titling..... what a nightmare!  But I discovered that AAA does that stuff to, so I found a location that did it and was out of there in about 20 minutes - WITH MY PLATES!  I was so happy with that, when I sold another car, I met the guy buying it there and we did the title transfer and he got his plates right away too!

And don't get me started on their parking lots!  They're always TOO SMALL!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, LtlGary said:

I'm lucky, mine is in the same lot as the local Wal-Mart so parking wasn't an issue.

And right next door to the 99 cent taco shop! ?

YAY!!!!?☺️ I LOVE TACOS!!!!!!!????????❤️?❤️??????????????????❤️

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

And for the next 3 years every time you pull out your driver's license and look at your photo, you will remember that you were wearing a crinklez astronaut diaper when the photo was taken.

Which will explain the smile on the face.

• Like 1
On 11/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, willnotwill said:

Up in Virginia where I used to live they gave you a little ticket when you came in that had a letter (different letters for different things like driver license, plates, etc...) and a number.    You sat around until they called your letter and number.     My wife told me it was inappropriate that I jumped up and yelled BINGO when my number was called.

They still use this system when I went yesterday. They send you a phone link so you could see your place in line. One letter three numbers.

9 hours ago, Dubious said:

Its cheaper to do it online in Norway.

I tried doing it online but ran into so many problems. I struggled for days before deciding to get an appointment. And this is a guy who helps out his parents all the time with technology issues!

Renewing is just a money grab as I have the same photo that I took in 2001.
The only thing that changes is the expiration date on the card. 

In the early days the drivers license was valid for 100 years.

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

Renewing is just a money grab as I have the same photo that I took in 2001.
The only thing that changes is the expiration date on the card. 

In the early days the drivers license was valid for 100 years.

Yep, you can even renew online here, so it's strightup about the money.

Here in Michigan you can renew your drivers license on line only once, then the next time you have to go in and do it in person.  I think part of the reason is you have to take the written test every few years no matter how long you have had a license, and the second part is updating your photo.  After all, you can age and look quite a bit different in 20 years!  I look at ID photos on some of my coworker's badges, those who have been there 15 years and they don't look the same.  Many have put on a lot of weight, some now have grey hair or wear glasses.

12 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

In Illinois there is a fee to use a Credit Card, so online is more expensive.

Yeah, that shit should be illegal.   They should suck up the transaction fee because they're easily saving the equivalent money elsewhere.    And it's not like they're saying "we need to cover the "2 to 3%" credit card transaction fee - no, they tack on some arbitrary fee that's well in excess of the actual fee they're incurring.  That especially should be illegal.

On 11/20/2021 at 2:46 AM, BabySpiderBoy said:

YAY!!!!?☺️ I LOVE TACOS!!!!!!!????????❤️?❤️??????????????????❤️

Ain't government grand? And we want more of the nanny state? Isn't it bad enough as it is? Geez. Don't get me started!!!

• Confused 1
23 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

In Illinois there is a fee to use a Credit Card, so online is more expensive.

Out here in Wyoming too, even for in person visits. 
I gotta do the tags for my pocket rocket by the end of next month. Thankfully, I live about 3 blocks from the courthouse, so no issues with parking. It’s also pretty quick, but being a night worker, the hours leave much to be desired. 

• Like 1

I call our DMV The Twilight Zone (the post office as well). You never seem to have the right paperwork. My brother works for a car dealership and his first time at the DMV they nit-picked the papers he brought in trying to find mistakes. he got angry and told them "I work for a car dealer. Thre paperwork is correct." They said "yes, t is," and he then told them, "And the next time I come in here it will also be correct do you understand?"