LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question 24/7

Hello my friends, I have started on the path of 24/7 diaper usage. My goal is to have the bathroom habits of a 6 month old child. I have just retired so full time diaper wearing will not be a issue and I do not care who knows I know wear diapers. I have been wearing non stop for two weeks and I use the diaper only, no toilet. The problem I am having is. I can pee in any position but as I pee the flow stops like a door closing. I then have to concentrate to start it again this happens every time I pee. I drink 64 oz of water daily so I am hydrated. What is.the Secret to getting to the constant dribble state. Will it naturally happen or am I missing a step.. Thank you for your advice and time in advance.

Thank you for the response and encouragement. Don’t understand distracting myself The problem of stopping and starting peeing in my diapers  seems to be only diaper related. I figure getting uncontrolled daytime wetting out of the way. Then goto uncontrolled night time wetting. So far after two weeks of 24/7 the only other problem is the diapers rubbing against my inner leg. Thanks again and stay wet.

Hi, @babypony. I have been on the 24/7 path for about 2.5 years now. I'm not sure if you've read @oznl's "Strange Days Indeed" thread at all, but if you haven't, give it a look. I find it to be a factual and honest recounting of the process of putting oneself back in diapers full-time. It is also frequently hilarious. I have been following in his footsteps, more or less, and those of a number of other helpful and encouraging people here. 

My experience this far along is that, at least for me, a complete loss of daytime control has yet to occur. What has happened is that I can automate the process to the point of almost not paying attention to it. "Almost" being the key word. First of all, as you've probably already discovered, one of the keys to navigating the world in toddlers' underpants is to produce small amounts of liquid, frequently, not deluges. Even the best diapers can be overwhelmed by a sudden, massive influx of fluid. A side effect of peeing like that - about every 15 - 25 minutes, all day - has been, at least for me, that my capacity to hold it has declined. I used to be able to go for several hours between potty visits, whereas now, that is uncomfortable. This wasn't my goal, per se, just a side effect of using my diapers to the best of their abilities. Another side effect has been that I now really can't stop peeing once I start - whatever is happening has to happen and end on its own. I think this comes from my usual elimination process, which is, I get asked if it's okay to go, by the operations team "down there", and then I wave a hand and the gate is opened, after which, I don't push and I don't cinch up at some point. Often, I can't tell if I'm still going or not, after the initial rush declines into a waning dribble. 

That said, if I decide not to pee for some reason - for example, I had a doctor's appointment a couple of weeks ago and I didn't want my diaper to be wet, in case there was any need for a look under the hood - then I can hold it for a while. It will get uncomfortable and I will have to concentrate on it at first, and then the urgency diminishes, but, after a couple of hours, comes screaming back. I have definitively reduced my operating range, but, I have not lost control. As to the question of if I want that to eventually happen, well, I'm not sure. I'd take it if it does - I plan to be in diapers for the rest of my life if I can manage it. And it would be convenient to not have to think about the process of going #1 at all. However if it doesn't happen, I'm fine with that too. I think that continence is more difficult to give up than a lot of people believe. Don't be too hard on yourself if it takes a while - I once read a journal article about a gerontologist who was treating some bedridden, diaper-dependent senior citizens who were in that state because of incorrectly prescribed sedatives and such. Some of them hadn't been on their feet, or to the bathroom on their own, in years, and once he weaned them off of the stupefying pharmaceuticals, a number of them were able to regain continence functionality, which is further proof that our early training in this regard is hard to walk away from. 

As to bedwetting, again, I direct you to @oznl. His path has been more fruitful than mine, so far, assuming, that is, that you want to be a bedwetter. I have had a number of incidents of bedwetting myself since I started sleeping in diapers about 3.5 years go (a year and a bit before I went 24/7), but they are irregular and unpredictable, and usually related to alcohol consumption. I had thought that it would be relatively easy to revert to bedwetting, because I was a champion bedwetter as a kid, but it hasn't panned out that way. However, Oznl has had more "success" and I am trying to follow his prescription on the matter. 

Good luck with your journey, Babypony - it's neither as easy, nor as hard, as I had imagined it would be, if that makes sense. There is a learning curve, and there will be incidents and sacrifices, but, with some planning and common sense, it is possible to live a full and fulfilling life, in diapers. 

• Like 3

As per usual @Little Sherri is spot on.  

Although 2 weeks of being 24/7 is a HUGE accomplishment (most people give up by the 2 week point when it becomes annoying), when it comes to reversing decades of continence, it’s a drop in the bucket.   The human body is remarkably good at staying dry, with layers and layers of redundancy built in.    That’s not meant to discourage you, but instead encourage you to be patient with yourself.  Some people “spiral” towards incontinence we months, some take years to get there (and some people don’t ever spiral.)  It’s a marathon, not a sprint!

@babypony, by distraction, I Just mean try to take your mind off the fact that you are wetting your diaper, especially if your muscles lock up.  My favorite way to distract myself is by doing multiplication tables in my head.    

• Like 1

For me, the jury is still out as to whether we will eventually make ourselves incontinent in the clinical sense of the word in pursuit of this lifestyle but we get VERY good at wetting our pants: anywhere, anytime.  That bit’s just practice.

Like @Little Sherri, I have reduced range (and some other new limits).  For me this is now to the point where I simply could NOT carry out my duties in my tenuous-badly-paid-not-quite-retired-uber-type contractor job without being diapered.  It just wouldn’t work.  @Enthusi would call that "incontinence" and I guess it might be a kind of functional incontinence but 95% of the time during the day, it's my conscious mind that's letting thing flow (even if it's because it knows that denying the request would quickly become uncomfortable and probably futile).  There is still 5% lurking in the shadows I suspect...

There ARE marked changes in how I pee.  It’s very low flow, low volume, episodic and drippy.  THAT is something that’s physiologically obvious after getting towards 3 years.  This is GREAT for avoiding diaper leaks btw.

As for the bedwetting, yes, I wet the bed now.  Sometimes.  There’s an FAQ on my Fetlife account (same nickname) that describes how I believe that happened but it seems to be re-training rather than incontinence.

It’s not every night and as I’m at least a little bit wet when I go to bed anyway, it’s hard to tell.  Eventually I “tested” myself without a diaper and created a load of washing I really didn’t want to create on night #2 (night #1 was simply sleepless).  It was only then that I knew for sure.

I have massive sleeping issues which actually don’t help but I have noticed that for me, a “great” night’s sleep (by my awful standards) is also invariably a wet night.

I suspect it’s probably 3 – 4 nights per week now but I don’t pay that much attention to it and there’s a clue. 

There’s a Heisenberg uncertainty principle at play here.  In my experience if I start monitoring my continence, I influence it.  Accidents happen when I’m NOT paying attention.

So far, it seems to be as simple (and as complex) as avoiding holding any pee in your bladder and sustaining that practice for years but like I said, the jury is still out.

In my experience, all that typically happens in two weeks is that you’ll get very used to wetting yourself and MOST people will (perhaps wisely) give up when they work out it isn’t for them.

Some of us don’t and you may be one of those queerest of the queer fish.

Good luck.

8 hours ago, Old_PA said:

"It’s very low flow, low volume, episodic and drippy."  I hope there isn't a prostate issue hiding there, ozni.

It's a good point you make and there IS a strong family history of this.  I under regular doctor supervision and my PSA gets checked at least once a year.  It was normal 2 months ago.  It would be ironic if nappies masked something more sinister...

• Like 1
On 11/3/2021 at 4:38 PM, oznl said:

For me, the jury is still out as to whether we will eventually make ourselves incontinent in the clinical sense of the word in pursuit of this lifestyle but we get VERY good at wetting our pants: anywhere, anytime.  That bit’s just practice.

Like @Little Sherri, I have reduced range (and some other new limits).  For me this is now to the point where I simply could NOT carry out my duties in my tenuous-badly-paid-not-quite-retired-uber-type contractor job without being diapered.  It just wouldn’t work.  @Enthusi would call that "incontinence" and I guess it might be a kind of functional incontinence but 95% of the time during the day, it's my conscious mind that's letting thing flow (even if it's because it knows that denying the request would quickly become uncomfortable and probably futile).  There is still 5% lurking in the shadows I suspect...

There ARE marked changes in how I pee.  It’s very low flow, low volume, episodic and drippy.  THAT is something that’s physiologically obvious after getting towards 3 years.  This is GREAT for avoiding diaper leaks btw.

As for the bedwetting, yes, I wet the bed now.  Sometimes.  There’s an FAQ on my Fetlife account (same nickname) that describes how I believe that happened but it seems to be re-training rather than incontinence.

It’s not every night and as I’m at least a little bit wet when I go to bed anyway, it’s hard to tell.  Eventually I “tested” myself without a diaper and created a load of washing I really didn’t want to create on night #2 (night #1 was simply sleepless).  It was only then that I knew for sure.

I have massive sleeping issues which actually don’t help but I have noticed that for me, a “great” night’s sleep (by my awful standards) is also invariably a wet night.

I suspect it’s probably 3 – 4 nights per week now but I don’t pay that much attention to it and there’s a clue. 

There’s a Heisenberg uncertainty principle at play here.  In my experience if I start monitoring my continence, I influence it.  Accidents happen when I’m NOT paying attention.

So far, it seems to be as simple (and as complex) as avoiding holding any pee in your bladder and sustaining that practice for years but like I said, the jury is still out.

In my experience, all that typically happens in two weeks is that you’ll get very used to wetting yourself and MOST people will (perhaps wisely) give up when they work out it isn’t for them.

Some of us don’t and you may be one of those queerest of the queer fish.

Good luck.

Thank you for your time

This year has been interesting for me because I've been back at work, and I was working from home long before Covid.   I got used to wearing diapers, and then started in-person in August.   Fortunately we have one-stall toilet, so it hasn't been an issue.

In my case, I want my diaper to last the day so I don't have to dispose of a wet diaper.  I use toilet when I can , but my diaper is almost always ready to be changed by they time I get home.   Not all of that is voluntary.

For one, I poop in the toilet because I've never wanted to mess my diapers.   I do most of that in the morning, and I try to take care of it at home, but my bowels don't always.   Sometime it takes me two or three trips in the morning to take care of that duty.   I lower my diaper, poop, and then pull it back up.  I almost always pee when I'm washing my hands afterwards.   That's largely involuntary.  I probably let more out when I'm protected, but there will be a leak.

I'm not sure how much control I currently have.   I don't really think about it.  I know the diapers are there and I always end up using them.

My theory regarding this topic is that the loss of continence can be described  by a sine wave, where the main curvature signals increasing or decreasing continence, but the mean picture shows a slowly decreasing pattern over time. 

Thus, you find things “progressing nicely” only to find things go back towards total control, then back towards a progress towards incontinence.  Sometimes the curve goes back completely to the “where I started from” baseline.

The sine wave will sometimes dip below where it had previously been, which may be you’ve progressed a bit further along. But alas, the curve heads back north, and you seem to get control back.  

But over time, you'll find the peaks to be leas than your baseline, and you will find it difficult to get that control back. 

My experience has been the above. After about 3 years, I stopped wearing nappies, and tried to get some control back. It was “largely” successful, but I had wet undies all the time, and increasingly skid marks too. My mental happiness was through the floor. 

So I’m back in nappies 24/7, and I find it increasingly harder to control #2. 

• Like 3

@ozziebee is absolutely correct.  Plus I would add that incontinence doesn’t “feel” like anything.  At least not for me anyways.  I think that’s precisely because progress is so slow and it’s so insidious.  It’s easy to convince yourself that you haven’t made any progress or that you’re imagining progress.  That is, until you go without a diaper on! ??

• Like 1

What I was getting at with my theory is that one needs lots of patience, and lots of time.  Unpotty training does not happen overnight, but may take multiple years.   Things will seem to move quickly at first, as you're super-sensitive to _any_ change.  Later, things seem to stall, and progress seems to just stop.  But remember the sine wave?  You may be at the "peak" of the wave.  Keep going.  

• Like 1
On 11/9/2021 at 9:52 PM, ozziebee said:

What I was getting at with my theory is that one needs lots of patience, and lots of time.  Unpotty training does not happen overnight, but may take multiple years.   Things will seem to move quickly at first, as you're super-sensitive to _any_ change.  Later, things seem to stall, and progress seems to just stop.  But remember the sine wave?  You may be at the "peak" of the wave.  Keep going.  

This was an interesting week in that regard.  I spent 4 nights and 4 days with my best friend growing up.  I've been wearing diapers 24/7 for at lest the last five year.   I've learned over the years how to be discreet with my diapers, so I've worn in these situations before, but I typically monitor my wetting.   On past trips, I've used Pull Ups and managed to stay dry.   On this trip I was wet every single  night, and last night pretty significantly wet in the morning.  I was diapered all day long yesterday (same diaper), it wasn't soaked, and I was pretty soaked when I got home and had some leaks.   I definitely don't have the ability to control my bladder like I had pre-covid.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:06 PM, Enthusi said:

@ozziebee is absolutely correct.  Plus I would add that incontinence doesn’t “feel” like anything.  At least not for me anyways.  I think that’s precisely because progress is so slow and it’s so insidious.  It’s easy to convince yourself that you haven’t made any progress or that you’re imagining progress.  That is, until you go without a diaper on! ??

Which begs the question: How can you tell if I not willing to go out unprotected?

Mind you, I'm at an age where being noticed with an adult diaper is less embarrassing than having an actually accident.    If somebody happens to notice my diaper- the assumption would likely be that it is necessary, which I guess it kind of is.  It's is something that I'm aware of, and doing what I need to do to control the situation.  A good friend may ask if I'm getting checked out by a doctor, but it is very much my problem, not their problem.

On the other hand, if I were to have wet the bed this weekend, it becomes an universal problem.   Aside from the clean up and wetting their sheets, we both would be uncomfortable.   There would also be an underlying concerned that maybe there is some undiagnosed issue.  The ramifications of an unintentional accident would be far worse than being spotted in a adult diaper.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, Enthusi said:

I think it will improve with time.  Have you tried distracting yourself when you start wetting?  

This has really helped me! Distracting myself while using my diaper has made it easier to normalize going whenever and wherever! I just focus on keeping doing whatever I was doing so it feels natural. It's a lot easier now for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 1:34 AM, ozziebee said:

My theory regarding this topic is that the loss of continence can be described  by a sine wave, where the main curvature signals increasing or decreasing continence, but the mean picture shows a slowly decreasing pattern over time. 

Thus, you find things “progressing nicely” only to find things go back towards total control, then back towards a progress towards incontinence.  Sometimes the curve goes back completely to the “where I started from” baseline.

The sine wave will sometimes dip below where it had previously been, which may be you’ve progressed a bit further along. But alas, the curve heads back north, and you seem to get control back.  

But over time, you'll find the peaks to be leas than your baseline, and you will find it difficult to get that control back. 

My experience has been the above. After about 3 years, I stopped wearing nappies, and tried to get some control back. It was “largely” successful, but I had wet undies all the time, and increasingly skid marks too. My mental happiness was through the floor. 

So I’m back in nappies 24/7, and I find it increasingly harder to control #2. 

That said are you happy in diapers now? Would you have done it all over again? What caused you to stop wearing 24/7 after such a long time. Thank you for sharing. 

Good questions.  

What caused me to stop wearing was a destructive habit I'd gotten into when we were all locked down during initial COVID infections.  I went from a sensible twice-a-day change schedule, to once a day, which got harder and harder to do, as I started to get really bad skin irritations/rashes, really lazy with my health, and quite despondent to the world.  Along popped a thought that maybe underpants were easier, and I jumped at it.  It didn't help that I'd discovered where I'd stashed my undies in a bag when I moved house, as we cleaned the garage whilst in lockdown.

Thus began a period of time where I went cold turkey, only to discover that I couldn't keep my undies dry, and I had increasing frequency of bowel accidents.  I'd swear that I'd cleaned up properly after a toilet, but the evidence was right there in my pants each time.  

So I'd go back to wearing 24/7 for a bit, get back into that destructive mindset, and try once more to use undies.  Have been doing that for a year or so now.

But, this past Christmas, I did a rather long road trip, which brought a few things to the fore for me.  I just cannot keep my pants dry, no matter how many times I went to the toilet, or how fastidious I'd clean, and I am very much losing control of #2 (I've been predicting this for a long time, as I've had #2 leakage/accident issues all my life).  Heck, I'd get a shower, be nice and clean and dry, go to the toilet a few hours later, and I'd be both wet and have skiddies...

So, once again, I'm back in nappies 24/7.  What I feel is different this time around is that I'm more reconciled to the fact I need to be in nappies, because of the above.  My work commitment is changing to _almost_ full-time working from home, so I have the opportunity to just get on with it.  I feel much better in my mind this time.

• Like 2