LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I miss...

DailyDi

13 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Oh okay, but why do you miss these diapies buddy if they were terrible??

They where the first diaper I wore as a potty trained child wanting to be back in diapers full time. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

60s and 70s.  Fan-fold baby diapers disappeared in the early to mid 80s.   And as far as adult products went .... they were truly horrible for the time.  

Oh wow! That's very interesting! I know @IminWetPampers really likes the ones from the 80s. He told me that the more you went pee-pee in them the more the diaper's scent would smell. Which sounds amazing and SO intoxicating!?❤️?☺️ I wish I was around in the 80s to try those. Lucky!????

• Like 1

It's the same reason that many younger DL's like the "cloth-Like" diapers that are similar to what they wore as babies. Us [ahem] "older" littles need the security of a good plastic backing :)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

It's the same reason that many younger DL's like the "cloth-Like" diapers that are similar to what they wore as babies. Us [ahem] "older" littles need the security of a good plastic backing :)

Yah.... no "crinkle" in a cloth-like backing! 

I've mentioned elsewhere - the other sensory input (touch/feel, smell, sound) is just as or sometimes more important than how something looks.  I was never in disposables as a baby, but my sister was, so once I was old enough to be forming long-term memories, it is disposables that I remembered most.  Those early fan-fold, CRINKLY, scented ones. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Yah.... no "crinkle" in a cloth-like backing! 

I've mentioned elsewhere - the other sensory input (touch/feel, smell, sound) is just as or sometimes more important than how something looks.  I was never in disposables as a baby, but my sister was, so once I was old enough to be forming long-term memories, it is disposables that I remembered most.  Those early fan-fold, CRINKLY, scented ones. 

Those are the best ones buddy!☺️? Nothing says, "I'm a baby!" more than that classic CRINKLE CRINKLE sound, coming from a fresh diaper!??☺️❤️???

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

And us even older littles like cloth diapers.

• Like 1

I also miss Saturday Morning cartoons.. or even weekday ones which if you don't have cable, you can't watch at all these days. Still as an adult we have options kids don't.. We can just sub to Netflix or other streaming service.

I also miss all my toys.... which my dad threw away when I was 12 saying "You're too old for toys!" Luckily he forgot to throw away my pricing guide which I had for some of my more rare toys and comics...... That year I got a Color TV, NES and 10 Games for Christmas as an "Apology" from him as he didn't realize quite a few of my toys were worth quite a bit of money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I never wore Pampers (too old) but around 1971 my mom was baby sitting a kid for the afternoon who was maybe 1-1/2 to 2 years old and it was the first time using Pampers.  They were wing fold just like in the pictures above and I'm not even sure the Pampers in the late 60's early 70's had diaper tapes.  Seems I remember them having to be pinned on with diaper pins.  The elastic legged baby diapers we all know today came out years later with Huggies.  Then all the others followed suit.  If you look back at disposable baby diapers from 1970 to today, you can really see how different they are and how much they have evolved over the past 50 years.

15 hours ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

I also miss Saturday Morning cartoons.. or even weekday ones which if you don't have cable, you can't watch at all these days. Still as an adult we have options kids don't.. We can just sub to Netflix or other streaming service.

I also miss all my toys.... which my dad threw away when I was 12 saying "You're too old for toys!" Luckily he forgot to throw away my pricing guide which I had for some of my more rare toys and comics...... That year I got a Color TV, NES and 10 Games for Christmas as an "Apology" from him as he didn't realize quite a few of my toys were worth quite a bit of money.

True, it's their house that you live in and they can set rules, but they were also your toys!  Either given to you over the years as gifts or bought with your own money.  Parents have no right to throw away things belonging to their kids!  At least, that's how I feel about it!  Some of those toys and character figures can bring a lot of money in later years if you have an uncommon one or one with a rare variation.  Parents, keep your mitts off your kid's stuff and things that don't belong to you!

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I never wore Pampers (too old) but around 1971 my mom was baby sitting a kid for the afternoon who was maybe 1-1/2 to 2 years old and it was the first time using Pampers.  They were wing fold just like in the pictures above and I'm not even sure the Pampers in the late 60's early 70's had diaper tapes.  Seems I remember them having to be pinned on with diaper pins.  The elastic legged baby diapers we all know today came out years later with Huggies.  Then all the others followed suit.  If you look back at disposable baby diapers from 1970 to today, you can really see how different they are and how much they have evolved over the past 50 years.

I have a picture of a cousin in a pinned on disposable diaper. Likely from 1971ish.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:27 PM, DailyDi said:

I can’t help but think of the diapers I got attached to, when my DL side started emerging. They were still very much plastic covered and crinkly. Most of my younger cousins as well as my older cousins’ kids were still in that plastic style. (Mid 20’s to early 30’s now.) The cloth backed diapers came in the late 90’s and by 2001, it seemed like Luvs was the only holdout. 

Having said all that, I definitely use the plastic backed diapers, though I still long for the original Goodnites. 

On 10/21/2021 at 11:05 PM, Nyte Kitsune said:

Oh man buddy! I feel so sorry for you!???? Your dad had no right to do that to you! If I was you I would have been PISSED!!!!!!???? GOD! Just thinking about that makes me angry! Do you still play with toys nowadays?? That would make me feel a lot better for you. LOL!?????❤️?❤️☺️ *BIG HUGS!*????????❤️??❤️??❤️

• Like 1

Guess some of the excitement of watching your favo tv show or movie. I mean there where some shows i really loved (like yugioh not the only one but came to mind first) that would pretty much only air when i was at school or when i had to leave for school (had to leave at about 7:45 and it would start at 8?). So being able to watch it was a really nice treat. But in this day and age its pretty easy to watch anything you want whenever you want. But i guess there is always the joy of a new episode of something. 

Do want to say being able to watch the shows i want when i want is very nice so i am happy with how it is now?

It was funny!  I thought Yogi Bear was just a made up funny name for the character I used to watch on TV as a kid.  It wasn't until many years later I heard of the baseball player Yogi Berra and at first I thought he took his name from the Jellystone Picnic Basket stealing bear!

• Haha 1

Childhood nostalgia....

Not much in the way of diapers for me (I was fully potty trained before I was 2 and dry at night before 3). 

But I do miss Cartoon Fridays on cartoon network, and only being able to watch anime on Toonami (and staying up until midnight on Saturdays for Adult Swim anime block- specifically I remember Gundam Wing and Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop)

I might sound a little old-fashioned but I miss the sense of community my small neighborhood had. Everyone knew everyone, all us kids would play together, and if you did anything wrong, the whole neighborhood let you know about it- they'd yell at you, then when you got home, your mom was waiting to yell at you too. ?

On 10/23/2021 at 5:01 AM, BabySpiderBoy said:

Oh man buddy! I feel so sorry for you!???? Your dad had no right to do that to you! If I was you I would have been PISSED!!!!!!???? GOD! Just thinking about that makes me angry! Do you still play with toys nowadays?? That would make me feel a lot better for you. LOL!?????❤️?❤️☺️ *BIG HUGS!*????????❤️??❤️??❤️

Nope, Apt. is too small to have much room for collectibles.. I have a couple sitting on top of my cabinets, but I rarely take them down (too much work), the only one within easy reach is my Arwing (Fox McLeod's starfighter from Starfox) which came with a game I bought... specifically to get the Arwing.. the game was "OK" but I wanted the toy.. lol. Most of what I get are for display Purposes anyway, A highly Poseable Lucario (SH Figurearts), Toothless, Vash the Stampede, Kaneda's Bike from Akira and my Garfield and Odie are up there. Down low I have a few plushies (Wolf, Lucario, Ryo Ohki, Carbuncle and a Moogle). Barely have room for clothes and appliances (TV and PC included), I'd get a bigger place but rent here in Seattle is CRAZY, I pay 1020/mo for LESS than 117sq FT, and this is considered "Cheap" in Seattle.

• Like 1

Saturday morning cartoons. The cartoons and the local TV kids programming that I'd watch before school (old enough to remember Bozo the clown on cable and the local Wallace & Ladmo Show). Old toys that didn't require batteries, the special toys that did use batteries so they could make sounds or have lights. Computers which didn't need a hard drive or a floppy drive or even a complete operating system and would simply boot into BASIC if you didn't have a bootable disk in the drive. Floppy disks that were actually floppy. The TV show Whiz Kids which actually had reasonably accurate computer stuff, enough so that it was apparently controversial with some execs and advertisers feeling it was too hacker positive. You Can't Do That On Television, which was hilarious and even had some diaper content (enough that I've occasionally wondered if someone involved in the writing was a closeted/in-denial AB/DL); no seriously the sketch where Alasdair is supposedly going to get to go into space and his space suit starts beeping. "Is that your alien friends coming to pick you up?" "No... It's, um, my space diaper needs changing." Or in one of the locker room sketches, "My mom wanted me to ask if you'd be able to babysit me this weekend." "Sure, I can do that. At least I know I won't need to change any diapers." "Oh, about that, um..." I don't remember anything in the pilot for the spin off show that Nickelodeon didn't pick up but if UFO Kidnapped had become a series I wonder if the diapers would have shown up again.

The 80s were a transition time for diapers so there was lots of advertising. I can remember ads that made a big deal of a brand's diapers being more substantial in size and thus more absorbent. Then when the gel was added the ads that bragged about being slimmer and yet more absorbent than the old fashioned diapers. The first pull up style disposable training pants followed by the first bedwetting pants. It wasn't uncommon to see large packages or even boxes that contained multiple bags of diapers at the local grocery store and not just walmart or costco. I've occasionally wondered if one of my friends who lived on the same street for a few years was also secretly a DL as he seemed to be just as fascinated when cartoons would get interrupted by a diaper ad (once asking what brand I'd want if for some reason we ended up back in diapers) or if they were simply something that were kept in his mind due to one of those bulk 100+ count cases being in his closet for when his parents would watch his (younger than either of us by six or eight years) uncle.

But the big thing would be those computers from the late 70s and 80s. If the speculators trying to make money off retro collectors and nostalgia geeks didn't have the prices for the best ones inflated I'd probably have an old 8-bit machine next to this laptop. Listen up you younglings, computers in the 70s and 80s weren't like computers today. Some didn't have any built in storage, you'd hook a cassette tape recorder up to it for an almost DIY home version of the tape machines on mainframe computers. Some only had one or two floppy disk drives attached. which might not even store a quarter of a megabyte and computer memory was measured in kilobytes not megabytes or gigabytes and forget terabytes that was a term you only ran across in science fiction stories. In the early days even if you went online you weren't going to be chatting with people on other continents unless you were paying for a charge-by-the-minute service like Compuserve. And even local bulletin board systems (BBSs) required you to buy an add on modem, you couldn't just run a network cable to a box provided by your cable or phone company and even if you could have that would have required purchasing an add on networking card as ethernet didn't become an official standard until 1983 let alone something your computer would have out of the box. I can remember walking across the street and seeing ISA and PCI cards for three or four different networking standards all on the shelf at the same time. Some of those BBSs (think of a BBS as being something like a web forum such as Daily Diapers, only they ran on a computer in someone's house and usually only one person could be connected at a time unless the owner paid to have multiple phone lines and multiple modems) might be part of a BBS network of which probably the best known and most successful at least in north america was FidoNet. But this was not like the modern internet. This was not an always on high speed data connection. Oh no, you'd sign on and write your posts in plain text (at most with a formatting similar to markdown but not converted on screen into italics or bold but only converted in your head when you saw the asterisks or underscores surrounding something) and then if you'd written it in one of the network message groups then at most once a day the BBS would dial into the local exchange for the network to upload its new posts and download ones from the network. And the BBS that served as that regions exchange would late in the night/very early morning make a long distance phone call to reach a BBS that served as a multi-region exchange to do the same. In the early 90s I remember being astounded when I wrote a message and received a reply written by someone in Australia in a mere five days. And if you used emoticons in your message they were pure text, a colon-apostrophe-closing-parenthesis for a smile changing to a semicolon for a winking smile or opening parenthesis for a frowny. If you wanted a picture in your message it was limited to ASCII art or later ANSI art (if it was a board for Commodore computers they could do PETSCII art, but other systems needed conversion programs to view those). If you wanted to look at pictures you needed an image viewing program on your computer and a visit to the BBSs files section where downloading an amazingly colorful and gigantic 640x480 256 color image might take forty-five minutes (and depending on where you were located you might be paying a by-the-minute charge for the call!). And those images might be in any of dozens of formats. GIF was actually fairly new, having been created by compuserve to be a sort of universal image format. JPEG/JPG files were so new they weren't out of digital-pampers yet. TIFFs were also new, and particularly annoying because it was less an image format and more a build-your-own-format kit so often they had no compression resulting in large files and a TIFF image that one program opened without trouble would make another graphic viewer crash. There were a whole pile of software specific file formats from things like early Corel Draw or PC Paintbrush. And downloading files wasn't just a matter of right clicking and choosing Save As. Nope, you'd tell the BBS you wanted to download Ranma17b.gif and then suddenly then you'd be asked what protocol you wanted to use, early on you'd probably get something like, "Choose a protocol: (T)ext, (X)Modem, or (K)ermit" with ymodem, zmodem, and others showing up over time. Text would only work if you were actually downloading a text file, software and images would arrive mangled beyond recovery. Xmodem and kermit had the advantage of being widely supported. Later arrivals like ymodem and zmodem had features like error checking which could spot many transfer errors mid-download and ask for a section to be resent or if a roommate picked up the phone in the middle of the transfer not just corrupting the download but causing your connection to the BBS to be lost those later protocols could restart from the last successfully received part of the file. Oh. Right. This was all taking place over your phone line. So if someone tried to call you they'd get a busy signal (or if you had call waiting, the call waiting tone would likely cause garbage to appear on your screen and maybe even cause your modem to hang up. I got parental ire more than once as a kid when a friend of coworker of a parent would say they'd tried to call but got busy signals for entire afternoons.

And... wow, big post. I'll just stop here and go find my cane so I can shake it at some of you kids who are getting on my lawn and then get this old six-tape plastic backed Attends changed :')

4 minutes ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Nope, Apt. is too small to have much room for collectibles.. I have a couple sitting on top of my cabinets, but I rarely take them down (too much work), the only one within easy reach is my Arwing (Fox McLeod's starfighter from Starfox) which came with a game I bought... specifically to get the Arwing.. the game was "OK" but I wanted the toy.. lol. Most of what I get are for display Purposes anyway, A highly Poseable Lucario (SH Figurearts), Toothless, Vash the Stampede, Kaneda's Bike from Akira and my Garfield and Odie are up there. Down low I have a few plushies (Wolf, Lucario, Ryo Ohki, Carbuncle and a Moogle). Barely have room for clothes and appliances (TV and PC included), I'd get a bigger place but rent here in Seattle is CRAZY, I pay 1020/mo for LESS than 117sq FT, and this is considered "Cheap" in Seattle.

Wow!? That's expensive!??? And the fact that you can't get a bigger place sucks.???

i miss the reliability of tech, our dish service is out again, doing the same thing it did a month ago, at which time i needed a new splitter and a new LNB(that thing at the end of the dish arm), it worked fine until about 1:30 am tonight, no signal on the joey or the hopper.

16 hours ago, feralfreak said:

i miss the reliability of tech, our dish service is out again, doing the same thing it did a month ago, at which time i needed a new splitter and a new LNB(that thing at the end of the dish arm), it worked fine until about 1:30 am tonight, no signal on the joey or the hopper.

Once I got rid of a particular tree in my front yard, mine's been rock solid.  Only other time I've had signal issues in recent years was because of a pinhole leak in one of the LNB covers.  I'm still runnin an older receiver, not the fancy Hopper.   still thinking of dumping it though - I hardly watch "TV" anymore. 

I could start with "my eyesight" but that should be fixed in 3 weeks or so. Otherwise...

Full-circle or any sanitary slips longer than 16'. The longer ones, 28" or so, make wonderful babydolls
The old fashion AB "cobbler" bib The gussetted sides made them easier to wear and they were long enough to cover the diaper and panties so they made good babydolls
Johnson's ORIGIANL SCENT baby powder and panties. The color they call pink now is more of a dark rose or raspberry
The large quilted plastic 2-aiswa, 2-xoloe lP Psa, uauLLY PINK ON ONW AISW ns qhirw on rhw orhwe, About 2-1/2 feet on a side. Imagine these being scaled up?

13 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Once I got rid of a particular tree in my front yard, mine's been rock solid.  Only other time I've had signal issues in recent years was because of a pinhole leak in one of the LNB covers.  I'm still runnin an older receiver, not the fancy Hopper.   still thinking of dumping it though - I hardly watch "TV" anymore. 

we just had a tech out here, had it fixed in 5 minutes, it was either the splitter or the cable coming from the hopper, it was missing the copper wire he called a stinger, the problem happened at night, makes me wonder if someone is dicking around. that would NOT be safe. the words "forget the dog, beware of me!" leap to mind