LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking for plant locations and I'm trying to see where the ABDLs are at. Comment your state if not listed and comment your city if comfortable.

Zhahood

Top 20 States that searched ABDL  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What state are you from?

• New Hampshire
    • Montana
    • Idaho
    • West Virginia
    • Utah
    • Oklahoma
    • Michigan
    • Washington
    • Minnesota
    • Missouri
    • Ohio
    • Maine
    • North Dakota
    • Delaware
    • Oregon
    • Wisconsin
    • Nebraska
    • Pennsylvania
    • Wyoming
    • Indiana

I'm looking for Ideal places to put my diaper plant. Ideally, I am looking for a Little and ABDL friendly area with good highway access. While the company won't be purely focused on ABDL products, as mass appeal is necessary for growth, ABDL products will be a notable part of the line-up. 

i'd say come to new jersey, but high taxes and bureaucratic red tape are major hurdles. also we were named in the bottom 10 states to own a business lol

off the top of my head, i'd have to say texas. it's pretty central of a location, lots of ways in and out of the state, plus low taxes, less red tape, and low(er) land costs are always good. texas is experiencing a major economic boom right now, so my vote is for texas!

34 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

You do know that you also need to look at land costs, construction costs, taxes, regulations, etc.

While all of that is important, finding areas that already are semi receptive and where I can staff my facility with littles would be ideal. Once I have found an area, I can  just scope out real estate from there. Preliminary google trends analysis is showing that there is a notable interest in the state for ABDL and it would stand to reason that there is decent ABDL population to match.

32 minutes ago, diaperguy85 said:

i'd say come to new jersey, but high taxes and bureaucratic red tape are major hurdles. also we were named in the bottom 10 states to own a business lol

off the top of my head, i'd have to say texas. it's pretty central of a location, lots of ways in and out of the state, plus low taxes, less red tape, and low(er) land costs are always good. texas is experiencing a major economic boom right now, so my vote is for texas!

not going to lie, California, New York and New Jersey were out immediately for that reason. Fort Worth, Dallas and Austin are under consideration for Texas. Erie, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Hazleton and Altoona are under consideration for Pennsylvania.

3 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Add Illinois to your out list. The State government is pretty toxic to business. 

Shame. Lot of littles there, if ABDLTWT is a good metric. Same with California and New York.

My company used to have a division out in Missoula (where University of Montana is).   It was a very inexpensive place to have a facility.   Flying out there from the east coast wasn't too unreasonable.    It sits right on I-90 so truck access is probably pretty good as well.

Think of several things.  Where and just how far are you willing to relocate for a business you are not yet sure will be profitable enough to support you after investing in land, building, equipment, start up costs and employees.

Second, look at where the profitable companies that already exist are located.  A few things to consider there.  Because they are successful, would starting up another company in that same location be just as successful, or would there be too much competition in the area?

Thirdly, how many people walk into an AB/DL store on a regular basis to buy their products in person as opposed to how many order them on line to be shipped to them?  Sure it would be nice to have an AB/DL store in your neighborhood or within easy driving distance, but would that be the bulk of your sales or just a small percentage?  How much would you pay in employee wages for a brick and mortar store that gets occasional business?

Last, think about shipping since that would be where most of your business comes from.  Sure, tax breaks and land acquisition is important, but in the long run if you are centrally located in the country, shipping might be close to a uniform cost anywhere you ship to.  Otherwise if you are based in California and you ship to New York or New Jersey, costs to those areas may be too high for customers to want to pay and they may find closer places to buy their diapers from.

• Like 1

Nevada does a lot of warehousing because of low taxes related to that. In fact Porsche Cars of America was headquartered there for some years; I suspect they moved to New Jersey to be near the port facility they use - I can't think of any other reasons to move to NJ.

Iirc there's some sort of a large transportation center near Butte, MT.

Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend Washington for political/business climate reasons. That may hold true for Oregon also re its politics; I don't know about the business climate there other than not in Portland.

5 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Think of several things.  Where and just how far are you willing to relocate for a business you are not yet sure will be profitable enough to support you after investing in land, building, equipment, start up costs and employees.

Second, look at where the profitable companies that already exist are located.  A few things to consider there.  Because they are successful, would starting up another company in that same location be just as successful, or would there be too much competition in the area?

Thirdly, how many people walk into an AB/DL store on a regular basis to buy their products in person as opposed to how many order them on line to be shipped to them?  Sure it would be nice to have an AB/DL store in your neighborhood or within easy driving distance, but would that be the bulk of your sales or just a small percentage?  How much would you pay in employee wages for a brick and mortar store that gets occasional business?

Last, think about shipping since that would be where most of your business comes from.  Sure, tax breaks and land acquisition is important, but in the long run if you are centrally located in the country, shipping might be close to a uniform cost anywhere you ship to.  Otherwise if you are based in California and you ship to New York or New Jersey, costs to those areas may be too high for customers to want to pay and they may find closer places to buy their diapers from.

Few things. This will be a factory with a small pick-area, rather than a full store front. Less community friction. I just would rather have a Little business staffed with Littles. Each line will need 3 or 4 people plus a forklift operator, and 1 or 2 people for HR/IA. I will likely need 2 lines to start. All in all, 8 to 12 people which isn't a lot.

As it pertains to Shipping, I'm debating between Texas, Pennsylvania and Ohio. Google indicated a higher interest in more Northeast and Southeast areas than Northwest and Southwest.

3 hours ago, vvp39 said:

Nevada does a lot of warehousing because of low taxes related to that. In fact Porsche Cars of America was headquartered there for some years; I suspect they moved to New Jersey to be near the port facility they use - I can't think of any other reasons to move to NJ.

Iirc there's some sort of a large transportation center near Butte, MT.

Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend Washington for political/business climate reasons. That may hold true for Oregon also re its politics; I don't know about the business climate there other than not in Portland.

Noted.

Wyoming is pretty business friendly, with little or no taxes. (So much so, that there are quite few shell companies based out of here.)  Politically, Wyoming is certainly conservative. That and you may want to consider that entire population of Wyoming is about that of a small metropolitan area, so……..

Try Arizona. Low taxes, lots of different highways for acess, and on the west side, closer to Nevada, (kingman, Laughlin) it is just 90 miles to Las Vegas.....lots of ABDL types up that way..

17 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Try Arizona. Low taxes, lots of different highways for access, and on the west side, closer to Nevada, (kingman, Laughlin) it is just 90 miles to Las Vegas.....lots of ABDL types up that way..

While true, it would triple my supply shipping costs. A single line can produce 200 pieces a minute, each piece using just under a meter. A 10,000 meter paper reel would be gone in 50 minutes, meaning I would likely have to order a shipment every week.

I'm in Kansas which is not on the list but Missouri is on the list. The Kansas City area would be a good place to be. It is centrally located and has great highway access. Kansas City straddles the border and land on the Kansas side is plentiful and reasonably priced. Amazon has a huge fulfilment center in Gardner KS. and you know they did their homework.

Hugs, Freta

On 9/12/2021 at 6:24 PM, Dubious said:

I didn't know you could grow diapers ?

you didn't? I have a diaper tree right in my back yard.. it grows dry 24/7 every season. I also planted booster shrubs.  They produce in the later fall months

• Haha 1

Washington wouldn't be bad depending on "Where" in Washington... After all ABU is based here.. actually not to far north of me, but they get their products from China and being able to get something of the same quality in or near Washington would be good for them. Though as I said would depend on "Where", Coastal side (Seattle, Everett, Burien, Renton, etc. = Democratic) isn't bad.. other side of the Mountains (Spokane and Such = Republican) all depends on you though. Seattle area is a bit more open minded after all we're a bit of a mixing pot this side of the state lgbtq+, Furry, and who knows what else.  Other side is a lot of rich white folks... Not that things in Eastern, Wa are bad, I do have family that way, and that is "Wildfire Country" so Unless you set up in an area far from trees you'd be in a "Hazard" zone.

TBH though you'd want to set up outside of Seattle though as price of living in Seattle "IS" a bit high, I'd assume taxes on a business would be equally high so within Seattle city limits wouldn't be suggested.... and I'd avoid Tacoma, home of the "Tacoma Aroma" (They have a paper mill).

@Nyte Kitsune, it doesn't sound to me like you get out of Seattle very often. Eastern Washington...a lot of rich folks...give me a break! As for the Tacoma aroma, that is so old it's no longer a meme. And the Seattle mixing pot, if too many of the ingredients are toxic the result is likely to be inedible. I think the advice I gave several posts up the thread stands.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Ohio is decent logistically and has a lot of littles from what I've seen.

Just out of curiosity, what kinds of products are you planning to make?

First and foremost, biodegradable diapers. From a featherweight 1500 ml to a collosal 10,000ml. Pull-ups would also be in the lineup with bed pads and underwear liners to follow. There would be both ABDL and vanilla products. After more growth, wipes, lotions cleansers, etc. Our biggest thing would be a subscription service, sending diapering supplies and diapers every 2 to 12 weeks.

20 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

How can Texas not be on that list! LOL!?????????

Too far away from my suppliers. It's still up for consideration once I start getting shipping estimates

• Like 1
On 9/11/2021 at 7:06 PM, beallucanb said:

Northeast Pa Wilkes Barre, Scranton, Hazelton has all the interstates and industrial parks you will ever need.

.....and just a bit further south in the Pocono area and down along  33 to Allentown it's like one big industrial park, plenty of distribution capabilities