LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My identity has been stolen.

29 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

I think everyone's identity in the US has been stolen at this point considering all the data breaches and card skimmers out there. Do these people understand that the US only has so much wealth available, eventually that "wealth well" is going to dry up and then what?

You're absolutely right buddy, and that's the scary part!?????

5 hours ago, anned said:

I had this happen with my internet use only debit card. my bank caught it early because they knew that i only used it for internet and withdraws at my bank ATM.

How someone used it for a motel room and to buy a iPhone without knowing my pin number i don't understand.

it's not like i ever used my pin number everyplace.

The "only" place my pin number was ever used was my bank ATM to check the balance in my account.

skimmers

I use anonaddy.com to create disposable emails, no 2 sites have the same email connected. (or if they do it's rare.)

I use privacy.com to create disposable debit cards for online purchases, these cards are locked per-merchant, so if someone DID manage to steal it, they wouldn't get far.

I use 2FA for everything that lets me using a Yubikey physical authenticator. (want to get a nitrokey)

I use a password manager (Bitwarden) with a strong master password and a unique long password for every single site. They look something like this: "UdU#4%mL53gDd4fk^TWG&YhPi^d$X76X"

Other people were throwing in their 2cents, so I figured I'd show you a few useful services that help me keep my online identity and IRL identity seperate.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, kasarberang said:

I use anonaddy.com to create disposable emails, no 2 sites have the same email connected. (or if they do it's rare.)

I use privacy.com to create disposable debit cards for online purchases, these cards are locked per-merchant, so if someone DID manage to steal it, they wouldn't get far.

I use 2FA for everything that lets me using a Yubikey physical authenticator. (want to get a nitrokey)

I use a password manager (Bitwarden) with a strong master password and a unique long password for every single site. They look something like this: "UdU#4%mL53gDd4fk^TWG&YhPi^d$X76X"

Other people were throwing in their 2cents, so I figured I'd show you a few useful services that help me keep my online identity and IRL identity seperate.

If you have told me that two months ago I’d say that’s excessive.  But after all of this, you sound like you know exactly what you’re doing

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, blitz1027 said:

If you have told me that two months ago I’d say that’s excessive.  But after all of this, you sound like you know exactly what you’re doing

The "inconvenience" of it might seem too much to handle at first, but everything is habit. For me, going back and doing things differently would be an active inconvenience because it's not my habit anymore. Plus, I'd rather be on a secure habit than an insecure one. I hope some of my suggestions help some people here.

Something else important is website security questions, never put the correct answer into them. "What was the name of your first pet" or "what was your childhood nickname" are basic pieces of information that you would probably not hesitate to share with other people.

Instead have a fake answer for all these that you know (what my brother does), or do what I do and use the note field of your password manager and generate a new password for each one. So the answer to "What was the name of your first pet?" is: "QcS&E7zkTpr$MhdgG72qK$oeq5RQWh4N" instead of "Snowball" for example, and once again it's unique to every site.

Adding it cause my brother and I were talking about security and what not yesterday and the topic of security questions came up. Then this reply reminded me of this topic.

ONLY use credit card to connect with apps, and buy stuff online.

You never hand over, or use your bank card online.
You could even leave it in your safe, just get another creditcard for backup.

100% of my purchases online is done with a credit card, then I pay that credit card with my bank account.

This way, if you get scammed, they don't take any of your money, they take the banks money.

14 hours ago, Dubious said:

100% of my purchases online is done with a credit card, then I pay that credit card with my bank account.

This way, if you get scammed, they don't take any of your money, they take the banks money.

That is what I do.  If I do have to make an on-line purchase, it's with a credit card, never a debit card.  Then when it's due each month I go to my bank in person and pay off my credit card balance from my bank or checking account. 

2 hours ago, vvp39 said:

I don't like debit cards, and don't have one.

You don't really need one, as long as you have a credit card.
But in USA you still use lots of cash, so you could probably only do cash.

1 hour ago, Dubious said:

You don't really need one, as long as you have a credit card.
But in USA you still use lots of cash, so you could probably only do cash.

Using only cash is a great idea, but many times you are unable to. Especially in the times of covid, where you can't always pay for something in person, but have to use a credit card to pay either online or by phone.

3 hours ago, id0ntknow said:

Using only cash is a great idea, but many times you are unable to. Especially in the times of covid, where you can't always pay for something in person, but have to use a credit card to pay either online or by phone.

99% of things one could think of are still available to buy in-person.  Not to mention many places dedicate the first hour of business to high risk customers (elderly, immunocompromised, etc).  Things can still be bought in person.

@blitz1027 I would recommend a complete swap out of all internet enabled devices you own once you have the means to do so, and in the meantime use a library computer when possible.  From what you've described it sounds like a rootkit or something similar may have been responsible.  Things like rootkits can completely bypass any security measures on a device (like identity protection apps/services) and survive factory resets. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:39 AM, feralfreak said:

skimmers

I always check for skimmers and my bank uses a type of card reader that is almost impossible to put a skimmer on.

my bank uses ActivEdge™ Anti-Skimming Card Readers

https://www.atmmarketplace.com/videos/the-diebold-activeedge-card-reader-a-turn-for-the-better/

i also cover the key pad, so no hidden camera can get my pin

11 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

99% of things one could think of are still available to buy in-person.  Not to mention many places dedicate the first hour of business to high risk customers (elderly, immunocompromised, etc).

i am retired and disabled and i don't get up before noon most days most of us laugh at the store that do the first hour for elderly 

Things can still be bought in person.

Not if you live in a small town.

I needed a 18650  battery and i found i could not buy them in town and most on the internet were counterfit or junk being sold from china. 

And even stores in calif are selling counterfits and junk high rated scam 18650 batteries.

I carry a small keychain scale and weigh all 18650 batteries if they don't weigh between 43 and 45grams they are counterfit.

And if they claim to be above 3600mah they are fakes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 6:51 PM, beallucanb said:

Please lock all 3 of credit bureau accounts, do not leave these accounts open, chances are you will get hacked.

Unless you are trying to borrow money or make a large purchase, like a car these accounts should be closed and locked.

If you are going to make a large purchase, you can make arrangements to open one for a look, I think the cost is 15 bucks for a look into your account, if you lock the accounts yourself.

I was told to do this many years ago after there was a rash of accounts stolen by hackers.

I locked mine myself I had no need to open them in over 10 years.

Hey when you lock you accounts make sure to save the pin numbers in a safe place. Should you need to unlock at a later time you will need the pin.

10 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

Hey when you lock you accounts make sure to save the pin numbers in a safe place. Should you need to unlock at a later time you will need the pin.

Yes I know I have copy's stashed in different safe keeping spots, I locked my accounts over 10 years ago, they are not going to be opened anytime soon.