LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When do you start trusting in a new diaper product?

Mysterion

35 members have voted

1. 1. When do you start trusting in a new diaper product?

• I trust it immediately and trust the producer’s statement
    • It takes 3-5 diapers
    • It takes 10 diapers or more
    • I never really trust my diapers :)

I just got some new Felicity Incontrol pants and am wearing them right now at work.

With about 2800ml capacity it should hold almost three times as much as my usual Tena pants.

But trying it the first time is always risky.

For me, It’ll take at least 3-5 times before I can tell whether it is good or not.

How about you?

It definitely takes at least 5 or 6 before I trust a new diaper. I will always try a bunch out before leaving the house in a new brand.

For me, trusting a new diaper requires rigorous field testing in a safe environment, before I will venture out into the world. Some diapers hold a lot, but leak if overused in a given position, say, or, they swell up like crazy at the front, or don't let the wetness evenly distribute, or maybe the tabs fail prematurely on a hot day, etc. I like to get a few samples of a product and wear one overnight, and then around the house, sitting, standing, walking, lying down. If I manage to get 6 or 8 hours out of a couple of them, without leaks or issues with the tabs or them becoming indiscreetly swollen, then I'm ready to put one on and head out for the day. If I have doubts, I may wear plastic pants over them on the first couple of sojourns.  

• Like 1

@woelkchen-2018

I would say it takes a while for me to trust a product:  I tried the Prevail line, and they stunk, and then tried the abena m-4 plastic backed ones, and some from rearz, before going to Northshore Supreme Diapers, and Finally the Northshore Megamax.  I LOVE the megamax, and I use them daily, and swear by them.  They are REAL diapers, and not made as a cheap diaper. Northshore  have the best, and they have proven to be a good diaper.  I only wish that more companies would  make plastic backed QUALITY ones, and that they would be available to more people, because the cloth backed stuff does not cut it, and we need quality products, but in order to get them, we have to use the cheap stuff first.

@NorthShoreAdam knows his business, and I am happy that they make good products :)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
General Edits

I never have that problem. What I use worked 150 years ago and will work 150 millennia from now

• Like 1

Terry nappies do differ in texture and absorption, but it is the babypants that I find that I need to get to know how well they perform.

When a new diaper comes out, I usually wait for a few reviews. If the reviews are good, I'll try a sample. If the sample works, then I'll try a pack. If the  pack works...well then I've found another option to add to my list of great, reliable diapers.  Diapers are too expensive for my wallet to play around with willy nilly. ?

On 8/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, Cute_Kitten said:

When a new diaper comes out, I usually wait for a few reviews. If the reviews are good, I'll try a sample. If the sample works, then I'll try a pack. If the  pack works...well then I've found another option to add to my list of great, reliable diapers.  Diapers are too expensive for my wallet to play around with willy nilly. ?

this! :Crylol:

generally for me, it's about 3-5 diapers with minimal or zero leaks. by then i hopefully have a handle on the feeling and sensations when it's about to leak. plus a good plastic pant is a must for the first several trials.

• Like 1

It is not unusual for me to throw caution to the wind and immediately start wearing and wetting a new diaper in public/at work. I am pretty accurate at knowing when I need to change, but nothing is perfect and I have had a few press-out leaks in the back of my pants, a crescent shaped wet stain at the leg openings in the back. Fortunately an untucked shirt or sport coat hides my accident until it dries.