LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers In Public Observations...

...spent the whole day out with the wife(she knows I wear)& her mom, which she's pretty cool & we get along good. She(MIL) doesn't know I wear and she can't see that well anyways. I had on one AdultCloth DiaperCo. daytime gauze cloth diaper, no plastic pants, but a pair of "Darlene's" thick yellow terry cloth diaper pants over the cloth diaper under pajama bottoms. I was a little "bulgy", but I'm not skinny so I think it's easier to hide diapers when your a little or alot overweight than being dressed the same way & skinny. Went to breakfast in the morning, a winery, shopping at the outlets, then to dinner on the way home, drove over 270miles. If you just go about your business, don't act creepy, nervous or do anything to draw attention to yourself, 99% of people won't even give a rats ass. They don't know you need them medically or not. 99% of passerby's have their face or noses stuck in their Iphones or smartphones anyways and rarely even look up. Plus, if you don't actually drop your pants to show them that you're wearing a diaper, they don't know for sure that you are. Again, who really cares? The fact that you "maybe" are isn't known by them at all unless you prove it. Even if they "think" you're wearing a diaper, this affects their life how? Again, just observations on wearing in public. The more you know, LOL.

• Like 3

Yep, I've been continuously diapered for more than two years including occasional sojourns in cloth.  I'm pretty sure I have NEVER attracted a second glance.  Regrettably I'm overweight (but not obese) and strangely, I suspect that does help a bit.  My wife always said I had a disproportionately skinny bum so I've just put things back into a more correct physiological perspective ?  She's told me herself that she can't easily tell.

• Like 1

Yup, wearing in public = no one cares.... ? been doing it for a while and nothing, no funny looks or stares and certianly no "comments" 

No big deal.......carry on?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, babypb said:

I was a little "bulgy", but I'm not skinny so I think it's easier to hide diapers when your a little or alot overweight than being dressed the same way & skinny.

For me, not being overweight is an advantage - in my head anyway.  I'm in cloth nappies full-time, and in my summer months cargo shorts work very well at hiding things.  Being thinnish means people will just think I'm not quite as thin as I actually am.  When I went full-time I was surprised how easy it was to be discreet in appearance.

yup, doubled M4s and wore just the usual t shirt and shorts combo on a warm summer. went about some shopping for the day at like 4 or 5 different stores and a grocery store last.

so long as youre modest and appropriately clothed no1 cares.

the risk is always running into someone you know, neighbor, friend, or relative. THATS the issue 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, dlnoir said:

The fear we have about wearing in public is all inside our own head

...ain't that the truth-really, nobody cares unless you're in diapers without outer clothes, especially in front of children which to me is a BIG No no.

2 hours ago, KyleABDL said:

so long as youre modest and appropriately clothed no1 cares.

the risk is always running into someone you know, neighbor, friend, or relative. THATS the issue 

...I was in the yard mowing last week & an older friend stopped over and  I was maybe a little bulgy, but he's 60% blind so I know he didn't notice or care. His wife was driving him and doubt she'd care either if she knew I had diapers on. We just chatted for about 45mins then they went on their way.

I put on a NS Lite purple diaper at about 9:00 am Saturday and spent the day walking around and going to a restaurant with my wife. I wet throughout the day and changed at home at about 5:00 pm. My diaper was wet from front to back but no leaks, thanks NS. Of course no one noticed, not even my wife who knows I like to wear diapers.

• Like 1

This is a good thread.

I was 24/7 by the start of 2013, but I was still wearing basically the same clothes and acting in the same way that I had been when I was out of diapers. I had to start dealing with FI in late 2013, but I didn't actually properly deal with it in until early-to-mid-2014.

Part of the reason I didn't deal with it was that, even though I had had IC issues before I went 24/7, by the time I went 24/7 I was very strongly and consciously aware that I was also AB/DL. At the time, I was (and still am, to an extent) really, really conservative about diaper-related ethics and consent.

I was able to deal with UI and feel like basically nobody knew, but to deal with FI and still live a lifestyle that I was comfortable with, I had to massively upgrade my diapers, to handle both existing absorbency demands from UI and containment demands from FI. Basically, I had to be able to move confidently, including putting pressure on my butt, for up to arbitrarily about 2 hours after filling a diaper, because that was roughly how long my commute took assuming I caught all of my connections.

I had to move from relatively normal diapers to an amount of protection that I had never worn even for fun before 24/7. I also wasn't comfortable with dressing in a way that either emphasised it or made full diapers apparent, so I had to revise my wardrobe much more thoroughly than I had had to when I went 24/7 originally, and I was worried about whether playing down the alteration in my body shape was actually kind of playing it up "in the negative space," etc. Obviously I eventually had to come to terms with it because it was that or leak everywhere or become a recluse.

Relative to what you said: I did have to move from strict "nobody must ever know" discretion to "my diapers do not affect anybody's life," simply because at that point, alteration of baseline body shape, gait and wardrobe mean that no matter how well you play it down or how discreetly you dress, the number of strangers who will be able to accurately figure it out with one glance will be non-0. There's still no excuse to drag other people in, but aiming for it to be impossible to know you're in diapers at that point is unachievable.

In terms of visibility, over the 6 years or so this has been my diapering status quo, I've had multiple friends know before I tell them, but that's it. No obvious second glances, no public comments. I think I can continue to be okay with that.

• Like 1
On 5/23/2021 at 4:24 AM, drynot said:

If anyone has ever noticed that I'm wearing a diaper they haven't mentioned anything.

And they more than likely wont. ......unless it is something obvious, like your waist band is really sticking out or your shirt us riding up showing off said waistband...then someone might try to be helpful and descreetly  whisper something to you to bring it to your attention. Other than that....crickets. 

Nothing to see here move on...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, square_duck said:

And they more than likely wont. ......unless it is something obvious, like your waist band is really sticking out or your shirt us riding up showing off said waistband...then someone might try to be helpful and descreetly  whisper something to you to bring it to your attention. Other than that....crickets. 

Nothing to see here move on...

Bowels moving sir...

• 2 weeks later...

...I walk my two dogs two-three times per week at a local park. Have gone 20 times in the last three months and always diapered. Maybe a slightly bulgy and even IF someone may "notice", they won't say anything. Asking someone if they're wearing diapers is kinda like asking someone if they're wearing dentures. It's nobody's business but your own. I've talked to many people about the dogs for 20mins while in my diapers. Sometimes if people think you're wearing diapers, many may even feel sorry for you. They don't know if you have a medical problem or not.

• Like 1

My experience mirrors most of what everyone said above. Going out in public wearing a diaper was my biggest source of anxiety starting out, and I used to wear slim, cloth-backed store-bought diapers whenever I was away from the house. However, gradually, I started wearing ABDL products here and there, at first just out with the dog at night, then, because I live in a Northern climate, I started being willing to run short errands in "real" diapers during the colder months, under a heavy jacket. Eventually, I realized that if I was going to wear diapers, all the time, everywhere, I had wanted them to be decent, both from a preference perspective, and because in the long run it costs less and you're less likely to end up in embarrassing situations due to product failures. I one-size-upped my pants & shorts, bought some t-shirt style onesies (diaper shirts) in white and black, and with that, I began wearing what I wanted, when I wanted, and I have not looked back. 

I won't wear an absolutely enormous, overnight diaper like a Rearz Alpaca, but, I can wear pretty much any "medium-duty" ABDL diaper into any situation. My daily drivers are Rearz Lil' Monsters (in large) and Northshore Megamax (in medium). I've been 24/7 for just over 2 years. 

• 4 weeks later...

I do wear (and use) diapers probably 75% of the time. I've been retired since I was 50 and I'm 61 now. I go just about every where. I live at a medium lake and a very nice little village. I can walk just about 10 minutes for everything. I love my coffee shop, the library and all the shops. I play almost 4 to 5 days for golf. I've never had an issue. And I wear kinda thick diapers. I use Confidry 24/7 disposables under a Kins pull-on cloth diaper and plastic pants. Thick? I guess but I always use baggy clothes. Right now I'm wearing a very xtra baggy cargo shorts and a xtra large polo shirt un-tucked. People never knew. This morning I went to my coffee shop with my tablet. I even saw some semi-friends. While I was reading and drinking my coffee I had a strong urge and had a massive load. I just sat there and filled my diapers. Spread up and back. Thankfully I've been using Nullo for 10 years. I've never had any odd odors. I just sat at the coffee shop for an hour and a half. I've done this plenty of times. I'm always relaxed and never worried. My advice is to wear the right clothes and if you fill your diapers, use Nullo. Now you'll have to excuse me while I go do whatever I want, all the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And the same goes for buying them as well.

Once upon a time I think all of us got jittery buying store-bought diapers, as if the cashier was going to think we were weird or something.

Well some 10 years later (and also from doing a lot of grocery store cashiering) I know for a fact...that we don't care what you buy. Throw it in with your regular groceries and we'll think adult diapers are for your elders and baby diapers are for your unseen kids. Pick up anything from the baby aisle and we just assume that you have kids, your family has kids, or you have really sensitive skin. If we care. 100+ customers a shift blows by so fast that we can't pick a single transaction apart (unless your coupon broke or your check jammed the printer.)

Heck, kids now buy infant cereals and snacks and eat them in the parking lot as a tasty snack (weird but convenient fad).

• Like 1

I wear when i'm out in public, last weekend i went for a bike ride with my terry nappy and plastic pants on, i don't flaunt the fact i have a nappy on and as  some on here have said other are too busy in their own lives to notice, if the do notice and are brave enough to say something then i'll tell them i have a medical issue unless they make it known they are abdl

ive worn in public a few times, but i stopped doing it because this is a fetish for me so being out in public is just not really the time im in the mood to be diapered anymore, i save it for cozy time at home 

• 1 month later...

When your incontinent and you aren't willing to give up and hide, you learn how to diaper yourself and dress yourself so that No One else is ever aware. Anxiety causes more harm than a wet or poopy diaper does but have the same thing happen wearing shorts and a t-shirt and it's a different story. (TMI) I can count on one hand the number of times my diapers have been noticed (that I'm aware of).

• Like 1

For me for many years I have worn diapers out in public.  I really do not care if I am found out.  I wear now when I am out and about each and every time I go out I am in a diaper.  As I have accidents that I do not want to have without a diaper.  #2 accidents suck badly and when wearing Khaki pants it sucks even more.  So wearing a diaper helps protect from that.

THere are times at work and I am bending over I am sure and I know I am sure that the diaper is sticking out and showing it self I just do not care any longer that someone see's it I am working and minding my own business.

Wearing a diaper and Tshirt in public is frown apond my most members of this and other sites.

Yet there are still some adventurous diaper lovers willing to do such a thing.

I for one is one of the adventurous ones.

Just the other day I went for a long car ride, Wearing only a diaper, Tshirt, and shoes. 

I stopped at a Kwik Trip and aired up all 4 tires.

Than a hour later I stopped at a gas station/convince store and went in and purchased a bottle of water.

Not one word was said to me at either place as to how I was dressed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, iluvmydiapers said:

Wearing a diaper and Tshirt in public is frown apond my most members of this and other sites.

Just the other day I went for a long car ride, Wearing only a diaper, Tshirt, and shoes. 

Than a hour later I stopped at a gas station/convince store and went in and purchased a bottle of water.

When it is social acceptable to walk around in tightie whities, it will be acceptable to expose others to your diaper.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, iluvmydiapers said:

@iluvmydiapers  what other places have you gone in public in just a diaper and tee?  Have you ever had looks or people staring at you or someone ask you what you are doing?

4 hours ago, KittyMerriweather said:

When it is social acceptable to walk around in tightie whities, it will be acceptable to expose others to your diaper.

Agreed. I love my diapers and wear and wet my diapers in public all the time, but under appropriate adult clothing so that I am discreet. I think wearing only a diaper and tee-shirt with no outer clothing crosses the line for exposing the general public to your diapers. If someone were walking around in just underpants or panties I suspect the police would eventually be called. I would advise against this and hope you reconsider both for your own safety and for sensitivity and courteousness to others. I suspect in addition to diapers, you may be or have tendencies for exhibitionism. Be careful, my thoughts and concerns here are being offered to help you avoid problems and are not meant to shame you.

• Like 3