LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pirating/Amazon Issue

Hi all,

I attempted to publish a new volume of a story on Amazon and received an email saying some of the content had already been published. That's the word the email used - "published." It asks me to provide some documentation that I have publishing rights.

I'm awaiting additional detail, but I'm wondering has anyone else ever had their content pirated for profit, and how did you find out?

Hopefully Amazon just means the content is available elsewhere on the internet (including here). If that's the case, I don't know what documentation I can show them to prove I have publishing rights.

2 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Hi all,

I attempted to publish a new volume of a story on Amazon and received an email saying some of the content had already been published. That's the word the email used - "published." It asks me to provide some documentation that I have publishing rights.

I'm awaiting additional detail, but I'm wondering has anyone else ever had their content pirated for profit, and how did you find out?

Hopefully Amazon just means the content is available elsewhere on the internet (including here). If that's the case, I don't know what documentation I can show them to prove I have publishing rights.

Are you trying to do it on Unlimited? If so you would need to pull down the stuff elsewhere. It's one of the big reasons I've never made the move to there with content.

The other very plausible option is that someone has copied your stories from the web and 'published' them themselves. I know in the TG story community we've seen a lot of that.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

Are you trying to do it on Unlimited? If so you would need to pull down the stuff elsewhere. It's one of the big reasons I've never made the move to there with content.

The other very plausible option is that someone has copied your stories from the web and 'published' them themselves. I know in the TG story community we've seen a lot of that.

Nope, not planning on putting it on Unlimited for that very reason. This was part of Amazon's standard review process to publish.

I asked them to tell me what content specifically and where they found it.

If people do start stealing my content, it will definitely turn into "this is why we can't have nice things" and I'll stop posting so much of it for free. Hopefully they just found it here.

Good luck, I hope that is it! Give us an update if you can when you find out? I've had to send cease and desist orders on other content before... Trying to prove ownership of something like this work though would be tricky just because of the content.

• Like 1

It went through. This is the only explanation I got. I did have a tech hiccup when creating the book in KDP Bookshelf, so that may have been it.

Anyway, all’s well that ends well.

From Amazon:

We incorrectly suppressed your book and apologize for the inconvenience this caused.”

• Like 2

So I guess one thing I’m going to start doing is filing copyrights for my work.

I already own them (a creator owns the IP at the moment of creation), but filing them will create proof of ownership in case I run into something like this again.

• Like 2

I haven't had anything financial, but I've found one of my short stories "A Diapered Decision" up on wattpad with some dickhead trying to claim to be the author. Idgaf if my free stories are reposted elsewhere for free but LIKE FUCKING CREDIT THE FUCKING AUTHOR! ?   I considered filing a DMCA takedown notice.  Now, if I found out someone was making $$ off of my work...oh, there'd be hell to pay. Like I'd be taking that asshat to court for compensation + damages.  I sound pissed but stuff like that makes me MOTI.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

I haven't had anything financial, but I've found one of my short stories "A Diapered Decision" up on wattpad with some dickhead trying to claim to be the author. Idgaf if my free stories are reposted elsewhere for free but LIKE FUCKING CREDIT THE FUCKING AUTHOR! ?   I considered filing a DMCA takedown notice.  Now, if I found out someone was making $$ off of my work...oh, there'd be hell to pay. Like I'd be taking that asshat to court for compensation + damages.  I sound pissed but stuff like that makes me MOTI.

@Cute_Kitten @Alex Bridges

Being a guy that likes the stories that I have READ here and also ones that I have PURCHASED from Amazon, I would hope that if there are idiots who are taking the hard work of other GREAT authors and posting them out for FREE, that something can be done to punish those that take away from the VERY TALENTED GROUP of FINE individuals that share that talent with all of us.  There's a REASON there are different tiers:  They set it up so that they are getting benefits from subscribers, and in return, the author shares their HARD work with others.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have to see something you worked HARD on, and post for purchase on Amazon or any other site where you can make a little money, and at the same time, provide a nice story to read, and have in your collection.  I feel that it is MORE than fair to compensate the authors of any works they deem as a PAID work, because if they are getting the support, even a small amount of money, the author may be willing to write more content for us to enjoy.

Lets use an example:  I read content from several authors who post statuses about stories they write:  Among these: @Alex Bridges@mamabug@Elfy@Cute_Kitten@rosalie.bent@SissyatHeartand others.  IN FACT, I have "Beach Baby", "The Rainbow's End", and "Padded on Parade" all by @Cute_Kitten:  Each time she decides to release a book for a special occasion, I pick it UP:  If I do that, I get to read the stories of her, and others:  However, we need to make sure that these fine authors of stories like this are not "driven off" sites like this, or made to feel that they don't want to write anymore, because some asshat decides to post something for free:  If I didn't have the books by @rosalie.bentI would NOT understand what I was dealing with when I was "exploring myself."

IF authors like @Alex Bridgesand @Cute_Kittenand @Elfyand @mamabug and others continue to see their work exploited and posted for FREE from paid sites, then that is WRONG, and we may see a REDUCTION in the material that they are posting as stories here on DD, and elsewhere.  All of these people work their tails off, so they should be RESPECTED for their talents, rather than having DOOFUS HEADS STEAL from them. 

A personal Plea from me to all of YOU:  Please do NOT stop doing what you do:  It costs you Time, Energy and resources to produce the stories we have, and what I worry about is that because of these FOOLISH MORONS, that the Stories Section will be severely curtailed, and good content will disappear:  THAT would be a TRAVESTY!

Why do people disrespect GOOD content providers, by trying to undercut them - Its NOT fair, RIGHT OOOOOR HONEST!

Makes me MAAD!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Thanks 1