LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are There Songs that you Listen to that Elicit STRONG Reactions?/Bring Back Memories?

Good Afternoon

I was thinking today, and i thought of a few things that have been happening throughout the CRAZINESS that has happened since the Covid-19 Pandemic Began in March of 2020, and what we have had to deal with.  Since we have all had to deal with Covid, or its effects, or we have maybe lost loved ones, or we MISS our loved ones so much, it occurs to me that there are songs that, when played, somehow may help us deal with the "emotional rollercoaster ride we have all had to deal with.  Songs are like poetry, sung in melody, harmony, rhythm, texture and form.  The 5 essentials of music.  I wonder how many of us have songs that bring back memories of times that were better, or times where you were small, or times when you could get up, go somewhere, sit in the woods, or in a park or somewhere, and listen to the sounds, look at the sights, and dream or remember the old days?   Sometimes, songs like this are happy songs, or help you remember those times, and sometimes they are SAD songs, or they may make guys like me wanna dance with people such as @Evelyn Dellcerro or @Transfusionelle  It all has to do with MUSIC - I love Music, and I also love the way it can affect you, it is an ART - Just like DANCE is, as Eve has told us - You don't have to be a great dancer to move - Music is what made me realize that even if I have Cerebral Palsy, and I CANNOT do much, that I can SING, and I don't have to be perfect, and I give from my HEART. 

With that said:  My purpose here is to ask each of YOU:  Are there songs that you have heard played or sung, that when played, help you remember better times, or memories of loved ones that you may have lost, or when played, give you the strength to kick the Pandemic and all of its garbage to the curve?  Are there songs that make you Happy/Sad/appreciate things?  If so, Post them HERE:   Since I started the thread, I will go first:

This one is special for me, as EACH time I hear that song, it reminds me of my Late Brother, Richard John (10/3/69 - 4/4/79)  It is a reminder that, regardless of what you are doing, where you are, or how you may be feeling, that people who pass on leave you clues or "markers" and that helps you keep their memories alive.  Richard was disabled as a result of a car accident in I believe 1970, and my parents had him to take care of, and then I was born in 1972.  Richard was MY "Big Brother" so I always wanted to make sure that I could do my part to help take care of him, and i did. 

Richard may be gone now, but few songs elicit such a response from me, THIS one does, and I KNOW he is here RIGHT NOW!  He comes to me in "visions" and I can see an aura around his BEAUTIFUL face, and he makes me PROUD - Even in his short life, he taught me so much about how to "understand" and "love" and see the good in ALL things.  He helped to give me the LOVE and ability to see that each of us has struggles, but there will always be those that are less fortunate than I, and people who NEED the love and understanding of others, and as this song says, Time is limited, and you may not be able to say what you want to say, or be able to SAY it until someone is gone, because it's "too late when we die, to admit we don't see eye to eye" and to to "Say it LOUD, Say it Clear, Don't Give Up, Don't Give IN" 

To Me, That is Richard, talking to ME and letting me know to Let people know what you feel, and to LISTEN to others, as well as to HEAR Them - We are NOT always gonna see "eye to eye" BUT don't Give Up or Give in, because you will "BE OK"

Maybe I am crazy, but This song is RIGHT:  His spirit lives on in others: Including my brother James:  Its FULL of things I wish I could have told Richard, but could NOT:  But this song is HIM talking to ME ;)  WOW!!

Ready, Set GO!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information

Brian I wanna strangle you right now lol, but I love you so much. This is a song that my husband sang to me when he was on leave, and we rendezvoused in Florida in 1995. We were at a drinking hole at Cape Canaveral. He was a little drunk, and it was a karaoke night. He was with his buddies and he made me feel so special. I'm sitting right here blubbering like a little girl watching this song. Great memory though and it refreshes my heart that I can still love and feel this way. Love you Brian !!

• Like 1

There certainly are! Most of John Denver's catalog brings back some pretty strong memories, especially his song "For Bobbie (for Baby)" I sang that to my ex-wife at our wedding. I still can't hear that song forty-six years later.

• 3 weeks later...

One of many songs that creates a reaction is Disturbed's A Reason to fight. As with many of the band's songs this one reminds me that no matter how hard it gets there are ways to overcome what is troubling you and to keep carrying on. There will be people in your life that will help you for no reason than just being a friend in need. Sometimes it's a simple word of encouragement or a hand paying a bill that you struggle with, and they do it just because they can.

• Like 1

Terry Jacks "Seasons in the Sun." and I can't explain why. All I remember is that I first heard it when I was about 15 years old. About the same time I also discovered looking at cute little girl dresses in the Sears catalog. Not sure what that relationship has to do with that song, though. As a matter of fact, I specifically remember one particular cute red-white-blue dress from the Sears catalog and spent years trying to find that picture online. Recently this year I FOUND that page with the picture of that dress. And guess what? I also found some fabric online that was very close to the same pattern in the catalog, ordered it and made that dress in my size. Somehow I think I associated "Seasons in the Sun" with the picture of the little girl in the catalog.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Always by saliva. That song always reminds me of the early 2000's. (No pun intended) particularly the year 2002. I love that year!?? I remember that year being really fun for me!? Wrestling was new and exciting for me, the music was badass, and there was cartoon cartoon Fridays. Which I loved because it had all my favorite cartoons when I was a little kid.☺️?❤️ WWE was actually watchable and had badass matches, and had all my favorite wrestlers and it wasn't complete crap like it is today.??? And the final reason I like that song is reminds me of the very first elimination chamber match in wrestling history. Which was pretty badass!? And over all that year was good because it was before I had depression and anxiety and started to go through a lot of hardships in my life.???

Oh God......yes!!

One was mentioned here already which I had forgotten about, but it still has impact on me, Terry Jacks "season in the sun".... It's just kind of a sad song about the past, and the fun and joy that was had, but is no more. 

But the song that drove itself right into my core....ripped me open, and had me stunned from the first time I heard it was by Soul Aslyum.... "Run away Train" ....

( I'm sitting here trying not to cry) ....there is SO much F*%$king personal truth in those lyrics...

I cannot describe in words what it does to me,.... Much less why... I just know it hits me deep in the core of my soul.....

The other just makes me.....happy. A song by Sia for the movie "The lion" 

I am sure there are others, but for me, these 2 have the most emotional impact. 

Though the op "the living years" does a job on me as well, reminding me of people I have lost, whom I never admitted to how much they meant to me......ugh.?

Conversly, there is music that is beyond amazing, grabs your attention, and rises to the point of being etherial! One such piece is by French composer Gabriel Faure'  "In paradisum". This is possibly THE most beautiful piece of music ever written on Earth!!! If this doesn't touch you, you might already be dead!. ? 

Faure' wrote this after his father passed away, as a tribute to him. Then, when Faure' himself died, the citizens of the city he lived in, who loved his music and work so much, they lined the street and sang this as his funeral procession passed by!!! If THAT isn't absolute love and devotion, I don't know what is!

Then there is music that just grabs your attention and makes you ask "what is this !!?? this is amazing!!" This piece did just that for me a while ago. 

Sung by Dame Kiri te Kanawa....this stopped me in my tracks, I listened until the end when it was announced who the singer was and what piece of music this was:

• 1 year later...

For me "Here comes the sun" and other Beetle era songs, cause my older sister and her friends would take me to sunset lake swimming ?‍♂️ in moms little chevy 2 (the predecessor to the Nova)This was when I was actually little LOL and I could stand on the back seat and lean over the front and nobody got a ticket for seat belts ? LOL

?‍♂️

• Like 1

There is another one for me that surfaced. "Disturbed" cover of "The sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkle. I love the origional, being an S&G fan, and I am NOT  into metal by any stretch if the imagination.....but this cover blew the roof off, and hit the nail on the head!! The pent up frustration and anger is so well brought out towards the end....it had me crying, for it yanked and brought forth my own frustrations, and truths....

if you are not familier with the origional, listen to it first, it is available easily on youtube, THEN give this cover a listen....

• Like 1

I have two that remind me of my late wife. I proposed to her while one of her favorite Beach Boys song was playing, The Sloop John B and during her funeral I sang Danny Boy which was her absolute favorite, I just barely made it through that one.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:28 AM, square_duck said:

There is another one for me that surfaced. "Disturbed" cover of "The sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkle. I love the origional, being an S&G fan, and I am NOT  into metal by any stretch if the imagination.....but this cover blew the roof off, and hit the nail on the head!! The pent up frustration and anger is so well brought out towards the end....it had me crying, for it yanked and brought forth my own frustrations, and truths....

if you are not familier with the origional, listen to it first, it is available easily on youtube, THEN give this cover a listen....

I heard the cover first. I believe the string arrangement has that effect. 

• 3 weeks later...

@square_ducksound of silence has been a gateway drug for me , I went from not really knowing the group to knowing there entire catalog and worse it opened me 5FDP and several others that are now in near constant rotation , having made playlists that elicit certain emotions . I am an original S&G fan but disturbed took this song to a new level and new generations of fans , seeing Paul collaborate with David on getting right has been awesome , I have actually wanted disturbed to do more covers of this era music .

• 1 month later...

To me Metallica's Fade to Black This song was playing on my best friends stereo when he put a bullet into his head and we found him.Until today we don't know why he did it.Everytime I hear that song I am reminded of Him 

RIP Brother