LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Swollen Tonsils

22 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Got an infection and my tonsils are inflamed.

That's probably taking regression to childhood a bit too far.  Get well soon Mikey!

I had my tonsils taken out in about 1961.  They tried to give me ice cream to eat in hospital afterwards, but I was always contrary & I didn't like ice cream back then.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Stroller said:

That's probably taking regression to childhood a bit too far.  Get well soon Mikey!

I had my tonsils taken out in about 1961.  They tried to give me ice cream to eat in hospital afterwards, but I was always contrary & I didn't like ice cream back then.

Didn't like ice cream???? lol

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Didn't like ice cream???? lol

I know.  Who's ever heard of a 7-year-old who didn't like ice cream?  Well I was that child.  Mind you, the ice cream we could get back then was pretty poor stuff.  One of the main brands was Walls.  They were a sausage company who had spare pig fat they couldn't unload, so you can imagine what their ice cream was was like.  These days I love the stuff - as long as it's made with dairy products!

Sorry to hear that, @DailyDi. Tonsil pain is the worst, so distracting. I used to get that all the time, although it has been quite a while (knock on wood) since I had a tonsil infection. They considered taking them out when I was a kid, but in the end, they decided not to, ostensibly because medical science had moved toward viewing tonsils as more than just a useless vestigial part, so you had to have history of extensive issues before it was worth the risks associated with their removal. 

As an aside, as a kid, when they were talking about possibly removing them, I recall wondering if they'd make me wear diapers in the hospital, because I wore them to bed at home. Would my mom tell them? I was both anxious about, but also intrigued, by the idea of having to wear them in the hospital. Would someone try to change me? Could I do it myself? Would the diapers be weird? (I pictured them as being giant adult diapers, although in all likelihood, had it been necessary, my mom would just have brought a couple of mine from home.) Could I get out of bed and use the bathroom? I had never been in the hospital. Back then, they also kept you in at least overnight, whereas now, after a tonsillectomy, people generally get discharged the same day. 

• Like 1

Prayers for Mikey

My cousin had his taken out 2 or 3 years ago and had complications after surgery discharge. He was med flighted to OSU.

• Sad 2
5 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Feel like total crap today. Feels like the infection has spread to both ears and my sinuses in general.

@DailyDi

Have you been in contact with your doctor, and told him/her about this?  You may want to do that, and soon, because you DON'T want this thing getting out of control and having this thing hurt even worse, or cut off your airway. 

Good Luck Sir Mikey :)

Brian

On 3/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, Cute_Kitten said:

I hope you're feeling better and don't need your tonsils out. Shots are no fun. But thinking of a pretty nurse can help. ? Unless she has a big needle. ?

retro-nurse-holding-syringe-picture-id48

@Cute_Kitten

If a Nurse walked in and told me I was gonna have to get a shot, with a needle THAT big, I think I would be running away hehehehe ;)  They DO inject into the Butt, but the last time I had a needle like THAT, it was a morphine supershot - It was a "count down from 100 for me.......99....98.....ZZZZZZZZZ" and I was sleeping...(and I was like 7)

At least she is Pretty :)

Best of Luck to Da Man (@DailyDi)

Brian

• Like 1
On 3/5/2021 at 3:10 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Have you been in contact with your doctor, and told him/her about this?  You may want to do that, and soon, because you DON'T want this thing getting out of control and having this thing hurt even worse, or cut off your airway. 

Good Luck Sir Mikey :)

Brian

septicemia is another reason to tell the doc, if that infection gets into the blood, thats more than shitty enough and can be life threatening, butt it can travel to other parts of the body such as but not limited to the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, THE BRAIN if it crosses the blood brain barrier, good reason to call the doc or just into the er.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Its mostly juset my throat and tonsils again now. Wish the medicine wasn't a horse-pill size throat scraper.

That's kinda ironic that the pill to help with the swelling is nearly impossible to take because of the swelling! 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

That's kinda ironic that the pill to help with the swelling is nearly impossible to take because of the swelling! 

ikr  they should make it two smaller pills.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I hope you're feeling better Mikey!? I'll be praying for you! ??♥️

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I hope you're feeling better Mikey!? I'll be praying for you! ??♥️

Doing better thanks. Not 100% yet, but hurts less.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

@DailyDi

Yep - Some of those darn PILLS are as big as Mack Trucks, and they feel like rocks going down :(  *HUG*. Glad to hear that you are feeling better :)

Brian

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Wish the medicine wasn't a horse-pill size throat scraper.

19 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

16 hours ago, DailyDi said:

16 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Yep - Some of those darn PILLS are as big as Mack Trucks, and they feel like rocks going down :( 

Hasn't anyone thought to cut the pills in half and take both halves separately?  They even make pill cutters that they sell in any pharmacy including supermarkets.  That should help get them down easier.

54 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Hasn't anyone thought to cut the pills in half and take both halves separately?  They even make pill cutters that they sell in any pharmacy including supermarkets.  That should help get them down easier.

what about grinding the pill up and making a little slurry with some water? i recall seeing a nurse do that for a patient once

3 hours ago, feralfreak said:

what about grinding the pill up and making a little slurry with some water? i recall seeing a nurse do that for a patient once

@feralfreak

There are some pills that  SAY "Do not Chew or Crush" and as @DailyDi says, doing that could be worse:  If you make a "slurry of water" the contents of the PILL could taste bad, because you are taking away the protective coating of the pill(s).

Brian

• Like 1