LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Anyone Here Play Any Musical Instruments?

Does Anyone Here Play Any Musical Instruments?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What musical instrument do you play?

My keyboard skills relate more to organ and strings than piano. Many of the keyboard instruments, though cotained in one form factor are quite different. Synthesizer also involves the creation of the sound itself AND you often actuall do some drums. If you played combo organ in the 1960's on one of the more advancec instruments and you got good, you also played bass with your left hand. Also a good player can do very good brass. The modern "generic keyboard" instruments enable you to play piano chords with the left hand and very reasonabl sax with the right. Then just for spite, you can add to the left and part strings for doowop or 1961 pop rock (think Drifters, Roy Orbison, Shirelle style). One player I know can use the keyboard to do steel guitar for C&W and soe can do violin or fiddle with amazing credibility. As for guitar, my choide is the 12-string, acoustinc, electrified acoustic and electic. When you think of the electric 12-string, you think the Byrds, but Mc Gunn got the taste for the instrument from A HARD DAY'S NIGHT with the opening chord

Also mondolin

Guitar mostly nowadays; banjo, and fiddle. I can get by on bass guitar. I've also taken drum lessons in the past, played mandolin in a band for a couple years, and led a short-lived fife and drum corps for a couple of years until it evaporated. Took piano lessons in college because it was mandatory, but was a voice major.

I attempted guitar, attempted being the key word. I tried Rocksmith on XB1, but didn’t stick with it and ended up selling the guitar because of financial issues. I’ve thought about attempting that again now that things are a bit better, but it may be like writing or drawing.  Something I want to get back into, but I simply don’t. 

• 1 month later...

I chose the three things I’m kinda okay at. I’ve played drums before, but not a whole lot. It was always at someone else’s house because I don’t have any of my own. I have a piano/keyboard. It’s my dads, but I have it in my room. I’ll pull it out occasionally and beat out a tune (this is how I’ve written half my music). As for bass, I’m currently learning. I have the sheet music (and tabs) for Comfortably Numb, Another Brick in the Wall (pt 2), and Tainted Love. I have a lot more I could print off, but those are the easiest-looking ones. I also looked up a tutorial for Billie Jean and remember most of it.

I can play piano by ear, have lots of fun with it. I have a big old mirror piano, which was the first thing I bought after my wife and I both got steady jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I recently bought me a new guitar. It’s maple wood and kinda heavy UwU. It plays nice, but it doesn’t sound too awesome plugged in (knobs sound “dirty” and the switch acts weird). I learned a small finger exercise and am trying to be able to shred it lol.

In order of acquiring an instrument of my own :

1. Viola (I didn't know whether that would count as 'violin' so I put 'other', played for elementary/middle/high school orchestras, went to District orchestra competition  three years, made to Regional Orchestra once, school musical x2, numerous recitals at the local university)
  2. Violin (very much amateur, played Violin II on the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra at least once)
  3. Bass guitar (Ibanez five string)

Haven't played with other people or had formal lessons since I graduated high school

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve picked up an electric guitar and learned a finger exercise and one riff. Idk the song very well that the riff came from (“Come As You Are” by Nirvana), so I’m not too focused on getting good at it rn. I did add it to my music playlist so I can hear it more often and actually learn the melody. As to the finger exercise, I’m trying to get fast at it. It’s simple to play, your hand generally stays in one spot of the fretboard, it uses alternative picking (down-up-down-up-down). It’s when I start getting faster that I fall apart on it.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I play the ukulele.  It's such a fun happy instrument.  I don't play well, but I just love strumming them.  I also have a really great collection of high-end ukuleles. If there are any players/collectors out there, let me know.