LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For car guys, or those who like mechanical stuffs.

I am generaly a car guy, and mechanical wierdo, and psudo engeneer-ish, so I have been watching some cool videos of guys who salvage or rescue out cars or equiptment from the fate of the crusher. One guy has a channel called " vice grip garage" which I have gotten hooked on, and the other us just " jonathan w" channel. 

Both are incredabley talented mechanics, and amazing to watch, but both are totally different in mannerisms, personality and ....I guess.... "Techniques"

The latest insanity from Vice grip garage (aka Derik) is here....  Enjoy!!!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have always loved working on cars but the new ones are mechanical nightmares. I'd like to personally CASTRATE all automotive engineers and designers! The newer cars are inaccessible and I don't like paying high rates for a mechanic to do something I can do for myself. It took me a day and a half to change all the cooling system hoses on my mom's 2001 Focus. And when I had to recharge the air conditioning, it was almost impossible to find the low side port which those idiot engineers hid inside the passenger side wheel well. After looking at where it was located, I could see that all they would have had to do was extend a valve up through the wheel well so that you can charge the system from the engine compartment and not have to take half the fender apart to get to it. They need a stern konk on the head for all that stupidity. (I know--it forces you to go back to the dealer for service and that makes THEM money).

• Like 2

What those guys do on youtube isn't that hard,  if the car ran when it was parked 5 10 or 20 years ago, it will run again.

When the basics are returned, they are, fire to the plugs and gas in or down the throat or into the carburetor through the vent, the car should run if there isn't a deep mechanical problem.

The guys on you tube are just using basic repair principals, clean up the contacts on the points, check for fire at the plugs and feed it some gas, if the starter will turn the car will run if the engine has compression

Everyone should be able to do basic car repairs, it would save you a ton of money.

I realize that, heck...it also something even I can do. But what is amazing is, well with Derik of VGG, he finds something....MILES from home....works on it in the field!!!! Then gets it working and drives it BACK home.... The guy is a nut!!! But thats what makes it fun .?

Jonathan w kinda does the same thing, but brings  "projects" to his house to work on. Except for the latest one, an old drag line crane he wanted,  that was stuck in a forest /swamp for over 20 years, it took 11 episodes of him schlepping back and forth....all while suffering with advanced emphysema, so listening to him huff and puff while crawling allaround this crane was/ is really amazing!!! Ya learn a lot too watching these guys tooling around..... Makes for better entertainment than what is on most TV these days......or Netflicx etc.... I LIKE IT!!!!! ?

• Like 1

I would love to be able to do that kind of stuff. However, I think the city would take issue with me using public parking to work on my car.   My father taught me the basics, change oil, flush radiator, but even he won’t touch his vehicle. (‘05 Lesabre). I’m not too far from that either. I’ll pay someone to fix it rather than ?it up myself. 

I'm plenty good with mechanics and electrics.  The only thing I won't touch are transmissions.   I have zero welding experience or skills... so fixing the body is out of the question at this time, but it's something I really want to know how to do.  I've got a project that I started in 2012 that's been sitting on the side largely because of that.  (A few other issues too, but that's another story - let's just say the engine you see in the pic below was destroyed).

There's a few youtube channels I do enjoy watching:  Mighty Car Mods, Cold War Motors, Lucky's Garage Show (guy from Hot Rod Magazine), Finnegans Garage (also from Hot Rod/Roadkill).  I also have a subscription to Motor Trend On Demand, and there's tons and tons of stuff to watch there.  PICT0646.JPG

PICT0657.JPG

PICT0226.JPG

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I'm plenty good with mechanics and electrics.  The only thing I won't touch are transmissions.   I have zero welding experience or skills... so fixing the body is out of the question at this time, but it's something I really want to know how to do.  I've got a project that I started in 2012 that's been sitting on the side largely because of that.  (A few other issues too, but that's another story - let's just say the engine you see in the pic below was destroyed).

There's a few youtube channels I do enjoy watching:  Mighty Car Mods, Cold War Motors, Lucky's Garage Show (guy from Hot Rod Magazine), Finnegans Garage (also from Hot Rod/Roadkill).  I also have a subscription to Motor Trend On Demand, and there's tons and tons of stuff to watch there.  PICT0646.JPG

PICT0657.JPG

PICT0226.JPG

I used to weld but after I had a corneal transplant (not related to welding) the doctor recommended that I no longer weld due to the fact that I only have one good eye and I shouldn't risk damaging it. As far as transmissions, I've done basic fluid and filter changes but to work inside one requires specialized equipment.

I love watching Vice Grip Garage.  Derek has a manner about him that I find hilarious.  Dylan McCool also is doing a series right now about restoring a Challenger that I've really enjoyed lately as well.  

There are a couple of fellows restoring Land Rovers right now on Youtube that I've been following too.  Those guys are both doing ground up restorations and are really diving into the nitty gritty stuff.....which I find fascinating.

On 1/26/2021 at 7:04 AM, BabyJune said:

I have always loved working on cars but the new ones are mechanical nightmares. I'd like to personally CASTRATE all automotive engineers and designers! The newer cars are inaccessible and I don't like paying high rates for a mechanic to do something I can do for myself. It took me a day and a half to change all the cooling system hoses on my mom's 2001 Focus. And when I had to recharge the air conditioning, it was almost impossible to find the low side port which those idiot engineers hid inside the passenger side wheel well. After looking at where it was located, I could see that all they would have had to do was extend a valve up through the wheel well so that you can charge the system from the engine compartment and not have to take half the fender apart to get to it. They need a stern konk on the head for all that stupidity. (I know--it forces you to go back to the dealer for service and that makes THEM money).

Wait, a day and half to change out all the refrigerant lines and recharge it? Come on man, some of the blame has got to be on you too, lol. If you just read the instructions, you would have known where the low and high side schrader valves where.

22 hours ago, Diapered Jason said:

Wait, a day and half to change out all the refrigerant lines and recharge it? Come on man, some of the blame has got to be on you too, lol. If you just read the instructions, you would have known where the low and high side schrader valves where.

I have charged systems on older cars where the Schrader valves are where they SHOULD BE: on the top of the compressor. Of course on Mom's car, the compressor is UNDERNEATH the car. BTW--I didn't change any lines. The car just needed a small charge. I can't take any blame for engineer stupidity. It's up to those "geniuses" to make things easy to repair. I can see what modifications they'd need to make so that a simple job is just that: simple.

3 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I have charged systems on older cars where the Schrader valves are where they SHOULD BE: on the top of the compressor. Of course on Mom's car, the compressor is UNDERNEATH the car. BTW--I didn't change any lines. The car just needed a small charge. I can't take any blame for engineer stupidity. It's up to those "geniuses" to make things easy to repair. I can see what modifications they'd need to make so that a simple job is just that: simple.

I know we can blame the engineers all we want... but a lot of the decisions come down to the bean counters.  Serviceability is largely an afterthought.  If they save a few bucks per unit on manufacturing and then again on assembly... that's what they do.  Then they write the procedure on doing the service/repair and set a time for which it can be done and that's all they cover under the warranty.  Dealer has to eat the cost if their techs can't do it in that time.  Bonus if they can do it faster.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, drynot said:

I think the car companies purposely make repairs awkward and difficult so people will be more inclined to take them back to the shop.  Its not just car companies either.....

Yeah, many people, like that guy Scotty Kilmer on YouTube, think that. As an engineer, albeit not with cars, I can tell you all that it is not that simple. It depends on the company and the complexity of the car in question. Their are also deadlines to meet for HVM, supply chain requirements, logistics, increasingly stricter requirements such as fuel consumption and emission standards, and finally costs to consider. Every car company also has its niche, so not all of them are going to be easy to fix or even have good performance, but each automaker does something to carve out their place in the market.

On 2/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, drynot said:

I think the car companies purposely make repairs awkward and difficult so people will be more inclined to take them back to the shop.  Its not just car companies either.....

That's exactly what they do. why else would they require diagnostics programming for broken headlight swap if not to make money. Everything is deliberately awkward to ensure you take the car to stealership. 

On Sunday, I needed to run over to Home Despot to get some supplies to finish running a new dryer duct... well, I get my truck started and see red lights.  Turns out my alternator was fried.  Knew it was going out as it wasn't putting out full voltage over the past few weeks.  This is one case where it was designed for ease of maintenance.  Since I had a replacement, it took all of 15-20 minutes from start to end.   So glad it wasn't one of those have to get underneath the vehicle jobs.  Sucks having to do emergency repairs out on the driveway when it's in the 30s.  Had to do that many times before and it sucks... really sucks.

This was my "favorite" winter emergency repair...  the differential case literally shattered.  They've earned the nickname "G80 Grenade" or "Gov Bomb" for a reason.  It's the Eaton Gov Lock, which is the "G80" option code in GM speak.  Absolute P-O-S!

broken diff 1.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:04 AM, BabyJune said:

That's exactly  why  I am building my own rat rod from ground up. A 53 Chevy 5 window pick up. Small block Chevy fully built with roller cam and aluminum heads. 5 speed manual just because I love a manual and they are more dependable not because they are faster. I rebuilt the entire frame with mustang 2 front suspension and triangulated 4 link rear. Coil overs on all 4. I hope to finish it this year it is a full roller has exhaust and brakes all done. Ready to put the body back on. If my health will hold up.  Ots going to be a old patina truck bit it wont have a nut or bolt that hasn't been turned when done. I was going to do a LS engine but I chose to go with a 4 barrel and distributor just so I can work on it easy enough. I  might someday do a fuel injected throttle body that looks like a 4 barrel. Those old engines just look sexy to me even of they are not as efficient.

• Like 1

In high school I put a 41 Chevy coup old school hot rod on the road. Drove it 14 yrs as a daily driver. I worked as an automotive and medium duty trucks. From 85 i worked as an ag mechanic on tractors and equipment till July of 07. Now as a hobby I use my skills to restore old equipment and engines.

Waiting for my kids to leave the house (all in college now) for good so that I can have the garage back. I want to resto-mod a Ford Model T Touring with an electric powertrain.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an order placed for an Aptera which uses Elaphe wheels. All the power train is in each wheel (motor, brakes, regen...). Interesting idea. I'm not worried about unsprung weight with a Model T, but I am a bit with the motorcycle.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this thread is still active. Just wanted to share my car. I'm a huge automotive enthusiast ,but I love my imports more than domestics here in the US.  Anyway I have a 2001 audi s4 color is imola yellow 1 of 256 made in 2001. Makes around 415 awhp.  Fun car to drive. 

20220626_205821.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't have a favorite marque overall, but Audis are quite nice. Back in the 80's,my tweens and teens, I followed the Trans-Am series, which in its heyday before the fuel crisis of '73, had all those big engined pony cars. In the late 80's (and partially now) it was tube-framed silhouette cars. Audi campaigned a four-door , 4wd 200 sedan against what was basically a field of GT cars. They had incredible success with it, and it was a striking car (IMHO, and for those that like older cars).