LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Using Someone Else's Work For Your Own Personal Gain

Dr_J

Question

I have a question that I'm hoping a mod or admin might be able to answer for me, as I've seen this happen on here and have been seeing it happen on other social media sites. 

What are the rules in here about using someone else's work as your own, or for your own personal gain? For instance, if someone were to take someone else's artwork, slap their own captions and book titles on it to promote their own book, without the artists' permission, what is the protocol for this? Do we report it? 

Being a writer and a musician myself, I'd be legitimately upset if someone ran around using my music or, using a short story of mine in their own compilation without asking me or working out a compensation plan first. So I guess I now have 2 questions:

1.) If it's happening here, in this community, how do we go about getting that member to stop doing this? 

2.) If it is NOT happening here on DD, but we know the member is doing this elsewhere, is there any particular protocol for that? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Like 2

12 answers to this question

Oh, You mean Rosalie Bent stealing artwork from everywhere to sell as her own via illustrations to her stories or advertising for them? Like when she used a friend of mine's image without consent or when she's called out her offer of compensation is a free copy of the book? The person who said if it's on the internet she isn't paying for it despite primarily releasing her stories online?

Yeah, I've been following this on Twitter over the last few days and have even noticed it happening here. I was thinking of formulating a post for the admin section but haven't quite got there yet. If you have any specific examples send them to me and I'll include them :)

My personal thought is that if someone is exploiting ABDL's here or elsewhere they shouldn't be welcome here.

• Like 5

I'm going to throw in my 2-cents.

I do not think that people should be judged based on their off-site activity. I think this goes a bit too far. The site should exclusively moderate activity that happens on the site, it's silly to expect people to follow site rules on and off site. Not that my opinion has that much gravity too it, I still feel I should say what I feel.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kasarberang said:

I'm going to throw in my 2-cents.

I do not think that people should be judged based on their off-site activity. I think this goes a bit too far. The site should exclusively moderate activity that happens on the site, it's silly to expect people to follow site rules on and off site. Not that my opinion has that much gravity too it, I still feel I should say what I feel.

If the person happens to only be on Daily Diapers to talk about ABDL topics - than I would agree with you. However, this person actively promotes their books with stolen artwork on here.

If the farthest we can go is to 'ban' them from promoting their books, then that's fine.

But, there are plenty of authors/artist here that potentially could get their work stolen by this person who is making money from it. 

So it's a topic that should be looked into and discussed with the admins/mods to see what is best to do about the situation. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mamabug said:

If the person happens to only be on Daily Diapers to talk about ABDL topics - than I would agree with you. However, this person actively promotes their books with stolen artwork on here.

If the farthest we can go is to 'ban' them from promoting their books, then that's fine.

But, there are plenty of authors/artist here that potentially could get their work stolen by this person who is making money from it. 

So it's a topic that should be looked into and discussed with the admins/mods to see what is best to do about the situation. 

I'm specifically saying if said person was not doing anything on-site that was bad, obviously if they're promoting content on-site that is stolen from others than yes that's different because they've turned it into a site problem.

What I'm talking about is someone who does stuff off-site that people here don't like so we punish them here for something they do off-site even if their conduct here is completely acceptable.

Only using posts on this website as free advertising for your own payware work and not making any effort to be a supportive member of the community is not acceptable.

16 hours ago, mamabug said:

• Like 1

I have seen many photos on many sites including EBAY that have "COPYWRITE", "DO NOT USE" or other such verbiage in light lettering across the photos.  Sure, it does slightly mar the picture but you can still see the photo clearly enough, and should someone attempt to steal the image for their own use or gain, it will clearly have the "DO NOT USE - PRIVET IMAGE" across it.  That alone might discourage people from stealing your images for their own use.  I'd hate to have things here come to that, but maybe we should all start doing that before posting any images, especially due to the nature of our fetish pictures.  For the record, yes, I 100% believe it's wrong for people to steal other people's images for any use, but it's even worse if they use those images to gain financially for themselves.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, TinyBunny said:

Exactly.  Integrity is very important for bunnies.  If your the kind of person who chooses to do what is easy instead of what is right then we cannot be friends.

@TinyBunny

Integrity is the most important thing that I think we all should have.  without that, we would be without any "roadmap" and would probably not understand what the difference between right and wrong is. Integrity is also something that I believe is core to a persons self awareness.  This may not seem like it makes sense, but if you have self awareness, then you should be able to understand that people will judge you based on your own actions.  Integrity means (to me) that you have the self awareness, and understand what right and wrong is, and strive NOT to let your judgement be impaired to the point that you forget that what you do affects you, and others, and may not be the decision that you feel is right at one time, but you may find that later, you decide that the decision was for the best.

Integrity is the foundation of everything that you have been taught, rolled into one, and makes you who you are.  It is the principle that says "I will do the very best I can, NOT to infringe on someone else, to do what I think is correct and proper, and to make the best decisions I can, while remembering that my actions may have consequences that may impact me in either a positive or negative way, and that a decision I make, may affect others in a positive or negative way."

Integrity Basically means: Do you think that your decision is in your best interest, or not, and do you think that it would impact someone, and if so, How?  Are you as an individual telling the truth, or telling a lie?  Are you comfortable with the decisions you make?  Finally, can you as an individual in good conscience, allow a decision or an action to stand without feeling guilty, remorseful, or having any doubts.

Your Integrity is like a security gate: It holds things in place, and says a lot about you....If you are willing to analyze your actions and thoughts, and put them through the process, the ones that are wrong/bad decisions, should tell you "This is wrong, I can't do this" OR the right/good decisions should tell you  "This is right, and I feel good about it."  Integrity is keeps you honest.......When chips are down, and someone lays it on the line, are you gonna decide to do the thing that makes sense, or may be harder for you, or are you gonna take the "easy way out" and get the spoils at the expense of your moral compass?  Integrity is that guide......Truth or Consequences.

Does that make sense?

Artistic integrity whatever the medium, should always be respected.  There are people who publish works on electronic medium, and even though the medium or delivery is different, the Copyright Laws still have merit.  They may be OLD and antiquated, but they still are in force.  I want to state for the record, that I am NOT accusing anyone of wrongdoing in ANY Way, but that I would hate to lose an author in the AB/DL community due to someone taking unfair advantage of the said author.  It is my feeling that if an author is posting something here, and allows other to copy it, change it, make a new story or add to it, that is fine, as LONG as you follow the authors wishes.

@Elfy @DailyDi and others, will have to determine the actions that they want to initiate if someone is caught doing something wrong.  I for one, think that stories are awesome here, and I would NOT want to lose the ability for them to be posted, read and enjoyed for the foreseeable and distant futures. Daily Diapers has GOOD authors, and all I will say is that the vast majority of us are here and posting here because we value that integrity and ability to write and communicate ideas and other situations to those who like to read and enjoy the lifestyle.

If we have people who are doing the wrong things, then warnings should be given and action taken based on what has occurred, but that is up to the admins :)

Respectfully,

Brian

• Like 1
On 10/18/2020 at 7:40 PM, kasarberang said:

I'm specifically saying if said person was not doing anything on-site that was bad, obviously if they're promoting content on-site that is stolen from others than yes that's different because they've turned it into a site problem.

What I'm talking about is someone who does stuff off-site that people here don't like so we punish them here for something they do off-site even if their conduct here is completely acceptable.

If you've caught them at it once, then what makes you tink they are NOT doing it elsewhere. If they "shit in the nest", they will do it anywhere else as a matter of course. How come said person was not banned outright. Several plagiarists have had to give back their Pulitzer Prizes. One could understand some things done 20 years ago that have turned out to be doggy later on It was generally considered that images on the web were reproductions, not actual copyrights in 1999 or 2000. Also, these images were used not for profit or source-linked which was believed to be free advertising. Also, many entities that produced images were no longer in existgenceh no hah so they were deemed as abandoned and open for use. Also, images were passed  around so if you get one with no hard references, they went into the pool. So many images were put up for free use to seed the web that it was generally accepted that if there was nothing written to the contrary, they were up for grabs. This was modelled after the 1978 ruling that anything broadcast by radio could be taped for personal, hobby or not-for-profit use by ordinary persons. Weu used to  routinely  tape new albums we god and then archive them to extend their lives as well as have them on more portable media. 5 people could get together and have a day's worth of music; nobody thought twice about it. At any rate most persons were happy with the state of affairs and due to the newness, nothing was really settled at that time.  If you have clear cases of theft, then said crook ougt be ousted

19 hours ago, Little Christine said:

If you have clear cases of theft, then said crook ougt be ousted

I think what I'm talking about and what everyone else is talking about is kinda different.

I think that when it comes to stuff like stealing content and not respecting copyright that's different than say someone saying things on another site that may not be okay here (but is okay on that site) and gets banned for their conduct on that other site despite them acting totally fine on this site.

I know that I've said things on other websites that I would never say on here because, well it's an entirely different environment. Like how I might talk differently in a bar, arcade or a friends house than I would at a funeral or hospital.

I am addressing Elfy's comment If a person steals then it is a good bet that they are dumping the looted material at another site, unless they are so dumb or brazen as to "shit where they eat". such individuals should be ousted from any site lest their continued existence at that site be taken as that sit's tacit approval of their activities as well as leave them around to prey on other members of the site

How that bears on the current state of affairs is that we did things then that we would not do now. Widespread access to the 'net was new and boundaries and property rights had not been clearly defined, let alone established, and even as late as2012 I saw some postings that saids if it was on the web, it was fair game since enforcement of rights was impossible

There was outright theft even then http://sandralyn.net/copied.html Tstinghis occurred in about 2005,I was informed here about that in c2014. The page was copied outright and clumsily translated into German without asking

RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME makes many things freely available to encourage net activities of an LG nature. These are freely redistributable or things I made myself: pictures, apps, templates or processes. If I may not redistribute a thing, I link to its page. FairyWrite is a whole website creation studio, media suite and set of access portals, most of which I have used. I used to love PageBreeze as an excellent html and WYSIWIG page editor but had to discontinue it as it went over to the dark side (bundling possibly dangerous crapware). Many software suites, like DVDVideosoft stared out clean and were great, then went dirty, It broke my heart to have to give them the boot and their stuff was hard to get rid off when then went garbage. Freemake also started bundling poopware in their free versions