LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How much of the diaper do you usually use before changing

For me, it really varies. I like to change into a dry diaper every 6 hours or so. Wake up at 7 --> Change into new diaper --> Diaper is soaked all in the front and halfway up the back by noon --> Change into new diaper --> Once again, diaper is soaked in front and halfway up the back by dinner time --> Change into nighttime diaper.

This happens with confidry, crinklz, xp5000. This does not happen with the megamax or the premium rearz diapers. 

How about the rest of you? 

All of it which can tale up to 16 hours. It is a cloth diaper so the wet spreads out over it quite evenly whenever I wet

i’m in double cloth Rearz trainers and plastic pants, currently for wetting only, permitted two changes daily, roughly 12 hours apart, so they always fill to capacity. If i need to overflow before a scheduled change, i’m permitted to do that standing in the tub.

I wear my diapers for an average of 5 hours before I change. At the 5 hour point, I would say my diaper is at about 60% wetting capacity used. The upper back tends to remain dry. The only time I will change before the 5 hour point is when I poop my diaper. When I poop, I will usually wait about 30 minutes because I need to make sure I am done pooping before I change.

4 hours ago, hungsmall said:

If i need to overflow before a scheduled change, i’m permitted to do that standing in the tub.

I am changed in the bedroom Everywhere one could lay or sit is covered in waterproof material, which is why it is a "nursery"  and a rubber sheet is under me when I am changed

As much as possible i enjoy wearing at night and like to wet before going to sleap and wet again when i wake up. Two huge wettings and i would say my nappy is about 90% used. I only use U. K medical brand. 

I don't see how you can only use part of a diaper. I wear cloth with Zorb3 soakers. When I pee, the whole diaper assembly absorbs it and spreads it out to make me feel dry. The pee doesn't just stay in one place. For pee, I can stay in a diaper for up to five hours

It's tough for me to reach ultimate capacity with disposable diapers.  I usually go by number of wettings.  When using an Abena L4 I'll go with 4-5 wettings maximum.  If I'm wearing a Rearz Lil Monster then It's only going to go for 2-3 wettings.  Once the diaper starts to get heavy it feels uncomfortable to me so either I'll change or just take it off and air out for a while.

14 hours ago, scaifester said:

This happens with confidry, crinklz, xp5000. This does not happen with the megamax or the premium rearz diapers. 

I agree with your observations regarding the premium Rearz diapers; I was in a Barnyard in size large for approaching 19 hours yesterday before I got two tiny, silver dollar-sized damp patches on my shorts, at the top of my thighs. I haven't tried a Megamax, but I want to. I would say that 19 hours is atypical for me, though - my usual routine is to wear two diapers a day. I put on a premium diaper like an Elite or Barnyard right before I go to bed, and that will typically carry me through early afternoon the next day, so about 14 - 15 hours, but the key to that is my being in different positions throughout that timeline. I sleep alternately on my stomach and back, and typically don't wet much overnight, so when I wake up, the diaper might only be 20% used, or less, and that's spread from the front to the back. Then, I spend a good part of the day sitting in an office chair that I can tilt back, so most of the "fire" is spread from the middle to the back. I usually change into a "medium duty" diaper like a Rearz Lil' Monster for the balance of the day, because they're easier to disguise if I'm out of the house. If I go back to leaving my house for work again (right now I'm working entirely from home), then I will have to modify that routine, and get into a slimmer diaper earlier in the day, maybe wearing it until after dinner, and then swap over to a heavier diaper for the evening and overnight. Or go to wearing three diapers a day again, like I used to, but doing that would mean that my heavier diapers wouldn't be fully used. 

But my overarching point is that getting maximum capacity out of any disposable requires that you shift positions, because the wetness will not travel and evenly distribute itself, like it does in a cloth diaper. Cloth diapers wick moisture, whereas the polymer crystals in a disposable lock moister in place pretty quickly. Only once an area is saturated will the fluid flow to other areas. 

2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I don't see how you can only use part of a diaper. I wear cloth with Zorb3 soakers. When I pee, the whole diaper assembly absorbs it and spreads it out to make me feel dry. The pee doesn't just stay in one place. For pee, I can stay in a diaper for up to five hours

For us it would probably mean "how wet is the diaper" on a scale of 0% to100% where 0= just barely damp and 100%="I am looking right at the Titanic, Bismarck and Atlantis and listening to the theme from 'SEA HUNT"

• Like 1

I try to use as much of it as possible especially on days that I use a booster. I wear small megamaxes which fight tight enough on me so that I rarely leak and I would say I use them to capacity with the exception of wetting them up the back. Rather hard thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is an advantage of cloth: They are reusable, menaing you do not wast it if you do not use it to capacity at anyone time

I know the capacity of my different diapers and like to wear wet diapers until they are about to leak, anything less seems like a waste of a diaper and enjoyment.  Perfection does not exist and I have had a few press out leaks in the back at which time I change promptly.  I also like to enjoy the feeling of a messy diaper for as long as possible, usually about two hours before changing and before my wife wakes up so as not to offend her.

I wear infrequently, and as a result, I try to make my diapers last. I’ll wear one diaper 3 or 4 times before I finally use it. This really only works with bulkier, higher capacity diapers, I use Tykables (Overnights and Little Rawrs). Once the diapers starts bunching significantly, I’ll pee in it and then toss it.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the disposable nappy I’m in to be as thick as possible, as well as wearing plastic pants over the top.

Both of which means that I’ll wear my nappy until it leaks slightly and then I get a change.