LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Toilet Training to the removal of diapers

herb330

So many of us were toilet trained around 3 -4 years old.  It was a much easier time back then.  No having to worry about having accidents.  Then came the time that parents insisted that diapers no more.  Not sure why they time happened.  what made this time a proper time to be out of diapers.  In fact underwear is just another form of a diaper except it can be easily taken on and off.  

My recommendation is that may people are not ready at that time. 

How many have been trained too early and led them to wear diapers at a later age more frequently.

• Like 1

Aha! So they *do* make bigger diapers! That deceitful woman told me I'd have to learn to use the toilet! Well, fie on the toilet! It's made slaves of you all! I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!

• Like 1

I agree with 1950potty.  I was well trained before age 3, probably around age 2-1/4.  I also take exception that underwear is just another form of a diaper.  That is not true as underpants like FTL, BVD or Haines are thin cloth (women's panties even thinner) pulled up and down when needed (not taped or pinned on) and will definitely not keep your pants dry or clean when you wet or mess them.  Totally different than a diaper.  On the other hand, you can say a diaper is just another form of underwear as you do wear it under you pants, it helps keep your dick from getting caught in your zipper and it will keep your pants clean and dry if you happen to wet or mess them.  Kind of like "High Performance" underwear. 

I was trained on a fairly normal schedule in terms of daytime potty use - about 2.5 or 3 years old. However I wet the bed until I was about 10, but that's not a failure in "training". To your point about people rushing it, though, there was a bit of a competition among my sisters regarding who could potty-train their kid at the youngest age, and my middle sister won, hands down, because her first son was out of diapers before he was 2. However, that same kid was terrified of toilets, and would stand and pee into one, if someone went with him, but would never sit on one, until he was at least five. He used to come and request a diaper when he had to go #2, she'd put one on him, he'd disappear into a bedroom or closet where he had some privacy, and emerge a half-hour later, have it taken off, and resume wearing underwear. He was bullet-proof, never had accidents of any kind, but, he had an irrational fear of the loo that took him a long time to overcome, and I suspect that was because when he was 18 months old, he was spending a couple of hours a day on one. 

My personal philosophy regarding potty training now is, let them tell you when they're ready - once THEY come up with idea, it's usually over with in a couple of days. If it becomes a power struggle, you're in for a protracted battle, because little kids have almost no power in their lives, so they will fiercely defend one of the few powers they do have - when and where they "go". It's the same thing with food - I've seen lots of parents engage in hours of cajoling  kids to eat this or that, and all they are doing is reinforcing the resistance, because all that attention, even if it seems negative, is still attention - and kids crave attention. 

My older daughter potty-trained herself when she was 2.5 years old, whereas my younger daughter waited until she was close to 4. My in-laws were worried about her heading off to kindergarten in diapers, but I knew it wouldn't come to that, and it didn't. For her, it clicked one day when a bunch of kids got together to go swimming at a friend's place, and when the kids were extracted from the pool, she was the only one being put into a diaper, and basically the next day she said she didn't want to wear one anymore, and my wife said, okay, well, you have to use the potty then, and she said okay, and after that, there was the odd accident here and there, but, she basically made the decision and turned her back on (day) diapers within about 48 hours. 

I've often wondered if this has something to do with my little "quirk" here.

Although a toddler in the late 1960s, my mother was already "retro" then.  As a matter of pride she had toilet trained me for day by 20 months of age and by night, before 2.5  I can't remember that much about it apart from isolated instances of being left sitting on a plastic toilet set atop of the toilet (presumably to stop my very-small-at-the-time frame from simply falling in) for what seemed like 100 years on my own.

This was partly fashion and partly because my sister was due to arrive and my mother didn't want the burden of two children in nappies simultaneously.

At around 2.5 I can remember the first time I deliberately peed in my pants because I wanted to.  It was like I was trying to get back to a place I got booted out of before I was ready.

I was definitely taken out of diapers too early during the day. I was taken out of daytime diapers at age 2 and still had frequent daytime wetting accidents throughout my childhood, even into my teens. Its funny, because my parents kept me in night diapers until age 6. I guess they were okay with wet clothes but didn't want to deal with wet sheets and a wet bed, lol.

• 1 month later...

My stepdad whom I loathed entirely and was scared of scared me out of pullups and diapers before I was ready. Mind you I was 4, but I wasn’t ready. He yelled about how he was sick of seeing diapers and pullups around the house and that I was going to learn to use the potty. Which I believe led me to be a life of forever DL with a few AB tendencies, I have wanted to go back to wearing for as long as I can remember. I remember tricking my mom into buying goodnites for me by saying they were for my dolls, and tricking my dad into buying the goodnites boxers for my friend for my birthday party sleepover.... All under the age of 10, and sneaking diapers at different times since and now buying my own.... I will let my kids decide when they are ready to potty train thats for sure!!

• Like 1

I don't remember exactly what age I was toilet trained. I could ask my dad but I doubt his memory would be better than mine. Judging by old photos I'd say it was about 2 yrs give or take a few months.

Short of my own experiments with homemade cloth diapers and borrowed plastic pants I had no issue with bedwetting or daytime accidents as a kid. So in summary I don't think my interest was tied to aggressive toilet training, just my own curiosity.

My mom tried to train me at 2 which turned into pull ups during the day diapers at night since I would sleep through the feeling of needing to go and this continued until I was nearly 4 and this would be one of the times in my life that would help steer me towards me liking to wear diapers, even my mom said she started to early

I’m on the other side of the spectrum. I didn’t start to potty train until I was three. I got out of diapers long after I physically trained, at the age of five. 

It seems that those of us who were affected by potty training in relation to ABDL did not feel heard or understood at that time. Whatever the specific reason varies from person to person.

What’s interesting is that people who were both taken out of diapers “early” and “late” are represented here. 

On 3/30/2020 at 8:17 AM, willnotwill said:

Aha! So they *do* make bigger diapers! That deceitful woman told me I'd have to learn to use the toilet! Well, fie on the toilet! It's made slaves of you all! I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!

Ah, the best quote in all of Family Guy. I remember how my world changed when I was 6 or 7 and leaned that bigger diapers existed. I realized then that it was possible for me to get to wear diapers again!

2 hours ago, toddmdl said:

What’s interesting is that people who were both taken out of diapers “early” and “late” are represented here. 

That leads the logical conclusion here to be that potty training timing has little bearing on being ABDL.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no recollection of ever wearing diapers as a baby or potty training. However I recently learned that out of all my siblings I was the quickest to be potty trained. Apparently I was out of diapers completely at 14 months, overnight as well. My wife is still teasing me about that...

I was trained probably by about 2 and a half. I don’t remember much about the training, but I remember I was accident prone through preschool, including some messy ones, and once hosing down a bathroom stall through my briefs before I could get my undies down (my pants were bone dry tho ?). That was shortly before starting kindergarten. Plus bedwetting off and on until about 5 or 6..

I don’t think training or accidents led to my fetish. It was jealousy. I was the youngest, and no sooner did my sister start preschool than my mother started nannying neighbors’ babies for extra money.. It was like, hey! I thought I was gonna have you to myself now! Who’s this random kid sucking up your attention?

I remember watching her change them on the carpet of our family room and wishing it was me, and there was a package of diapers in the hall closet. I always wanted to know what they felt like. One Saturday, I went downstairs early and got one and held it against myself under the big tee shirt I wore to bed. I didn’t actually put it on. It was pretty underwhelming, but I did it a few more times in my childhood, working my way up to peeing in one while holding it like that when I was 11 or 12.

Fast forward to puberty and my fascination with diapers blossomed into a fetish and then a comfort object and now my underwear about 23 hours a day while I’ve been working from home.

On 3/30/2020 at 7:17 AM, willnotwill said:

That was me when I had to get potty trained. ? I love family guy!

Diapers are a luxury item

"By forcing babies to wear diapers they learn to use diapers as a toilet. Over time their natural elimination instincts are eroded."

"Like all mammals, human babies, are born with the instinct to not soil themselves. Young babies notice when their bladders are full. They squirm, grimace or cry out to let mum know they need to pee."

"Babies are born ready to take care of their elimination needs with the help of their parents. The muscles needed for elimination are fully developed"