LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Little Girls Beware of ABU Bunny Hops

I wanted to caution all the pretty princesses and fairies on here about ABU Bunny Hops diapers.  Since AB Universe was bought by ABDLs the quality of diaper has been outstanding.  I wear both ABU Simples and ABU Simple Ultras almost exclusively while working and they are both great diapers.  As a sissy who loves girlish printed diapers I decided it was time to get an 80 pack of Bunny Hops with four tapes.  Usually I would sample the diaper first but I needed a new large order and I decided to simply fill it will Bunny Hops.  I could not be more disappointed.  The tapes are hook and loop and while they do hold, even better than Tykable Unicorn diapers, the tapes will and do rip away from the diaper wing with the slightest amount of pressure when taping your diaper on.  I am talking bad.  Depends tapes actually are more durable and more functional.  The diaper itself is very, very thin which I thought would make it a one wetter quitter.  That is not the case.  This diaper will hold a lot of your pee pee but the thinness of the outer sheet can cause it the rip very easily when wet.  For those little girl's like me that like to hump their diapers you will hump a hole into these diapers.  While rolling up a used diaper my finger actually poked through the outer sheet and into the diaper core.  

These are very cute diapers that most definitely will appeal to the little girl in you but these diapers are not durable enough for someone who needs to be in diapers all the time in my opinion.

I've had tapes that rip off the wings on cloth-like disposable diapers before. One solution I've found is to staple the tapes at their base before I put the diaper on; it helps reinforce their attachment to the diaper wings.  It sounds like the Bunny Hops- while cute- might be more of a 'for play only' or 'worn for a short time' type of diaper.

27 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

I've had tapes that rip off the wings on cloth-like disposable diapers before. One solution I've found is to staple the tapes at their base before I put the diaper on; it helps reinforce their attachment to the diaper wings.  It sounds like the Bunny Hops- while cute- might be more of a 'for play only' or 'worn for a short time' type of diaper.

Definitely more for play without question.  In my opinion you should not have to staple diapers that cost you $180 for 80 diapers.  This honestly should be an embarrassment for AB Universe.  Clearly these diapers have an outer shell that has zero durability.  Attached are some pictures.  

20200307_093938.jpg

20200307_094057.jpg

20200307_094314.jpg

20200307_094240.jpg

7 minutes ago, zbrannigan said:

Did ABU change the tape style on Bunny Hops? I have the 2-tape kind from last year, and those hold up well. Perhaps since those tapes are extra-wide, so have much more surface area.

They went with a four tape design.  The tapes are not the problem.  The plastic backing is.  It literally tears by looking at it.  

Have you brought it to there attention? Maybe they would be grateful for some, (constructive) feedback. 
They do look like a very poorly constructed diaper, from your photos. 

• Like 1

I had the same issue with the 2 tape Bunny Hopps diaper.  When the only tape on a side snaps off, it kinda ruins the diaper.

I had to loop clear tape around those diapers in order to get a decent fit.  Also, design-wise the diaper is unnecessarily busy.   The pattern on the diaper shows through the landing zone, making the design on the landing zone confusing to look at. 

ABU has a lot better diapers than this one -- I'll pass on it.  The Tykables Unicorn is a much better made, nicer looking feminine diaper.

1 hour ago, AbabeBill said:

Have you brought it to there attention? Maybe they would be grateful for some, (constructive) feedback. 

It is common across all their nappies. I used to only wear ABU Simple, but then I got fed up with them tearing at the same place.  It was during the night or before I'd finished taping up and as I wear for incontinence, I decided they weren't for me. I tried a few others in their range and they also tore in the same place.  Tykeables and Rearz are both a step above. To give them credit, I have contacted ABU a couple of times and they've replaced with no fuss ... but ... they shouldn't have to.  They should just be proper quality in the first place. 

1 hour ago, BedWetMark said:

It is common across all their nappies. I used to only wear ABU Simple, but then I got fed up with them tearing at the same place.  It was during the night or before I'd finished taping up and as I wear for incontinence, I decided they weren't for me. I tried a few others in their range and they also tore in the same place.  Tykeables and Rearz are both a step above. To give them credit, I have contacted ABU a couple of times and they've replaced with no fuss ... but ... they shouldn't have to.  They should just be proper quality in the first place. 

I could not disagree more.  I have never had an ABU Simple Ultra do this despite wearing them almost daily.  I do agree that Tykables and Rearz are most definitely a step up as far as tape strength.  You can pull almost as hard as you want to on both those brands.

2 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I have put a ticket in with them.  I have had minimal issues in the past with their diapers and they have always made it right since the new ownership took over.  I am just shocked that ABU came out with a diaper that is so low quality.  The backing and diaper style reminds me of the original Tykable diapers.  The absorbency is the exception.  Despite being thin this diaper has a large capacity if you can manage to get the tapes tight enough to keep them from springing a leak.

That's similar to the failure I had on the Bambino Bellisimo v2.  But it was only 2 of them so far that did it.   Not sure why as the plastic on them feels the same as on their other products and I've had zero issues with Cloudee so far.  (but those are real tapes, not hook/loop tabs)

I was considering getting some Dino Rawrz, which I believe is the same product with "boy" pattern since they finally had size XL.   I'm going to hold off on that for now.   I'm kinda overstocked as it is anyway.  Yeah, thats the excuse I'm using.   ?

I've been slowly going through some of them the past week and a half and haven't had this issue... I actually have felt like they were better than anything else I have at the moment. Haven't tried the Tykable's Unicorns out yet though... maybe next time I buy I'll try them! For now I wonder if it has to do with how tight you pulled them? I think one of the big differences that they haven't accounted for is that type of closure on baby diapers is pretty universally attached to a stretchy side. Maybe there's just not the give that it needs in order to sustain the connection...

8 hours ago, BabySofia said:

I've been slowly going through some of them the past week and a half and haven't had this issue... I actually have felt like they were better than anything else I have at the moment. Haven't tried the Tykable's Unicorns out yet though... maybe next time I buy I'll try them! For now I wonder if it has to do with how tight you pulled them? I think one of the big differences that they haven't accounted for is that type of closure on baby diapers is pretty universally attached to a stretchy side. Maybe there's just not the give that it needs in order to sustain the connection...

I HIGHLY recommend you try Tykable Unicorns.  You can honestly feel the tapes start to pull away from the backing as soon as you open the tape from the diaper.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

That's similar to the failure I had on the Bambino Bellisimo v2.  But it was only 2 of them so far that did it.   Not sure why as the plastic on them feels the same as on their other products and I've had zero issues with Cloudee so far.  (but those are real tapes, not hook/loop tabs)

Good to hear about the Cloudees.  I got some of the first ones, and the tapes kept slipping down the taping panel as the night went on.  My once snug diaper would pretty much fall off of me when I stood up because the tapes would slide several inches.  They worked well; I just had to use my own tape on them.  I figured they'd fix that problem sooner or later.

I haven't had any issues yet with Bellissimos v2 - I've finished 2 bags of them, and will get more when I get a chance.  But I'll keep that in mind with the tapes.

On 3/7/2020 at 10:55 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

I was considering getting some Dino Rawrz, which I believe is the same product with "boy" pattern since they finally had size XL.   I'm going to hold off on that for now.   I'm kinda overstocked as it is anyway.  Yeah, thats the excuse I'm using.   ?

Hmm. I just got the ABU Dino Rawrz (they are NOT a "boy" pattern, us girls like them too! ?) and I have had none of those problems with the three I have worn so far. I was very skeptical about the hook and loop feature, being a rather chunky little girl (technically slightly above the top of the size range), but despite being snug I have had no problems with the tapes tearing off even overnight and I toss and turn a lot. I've worn and used them for 12 hours and even the weight at full capacity hasn't caused any tearing, and I haven't put my finger through any. And in response to whoever said they are a "for play only" or "worn for a short time" diaper, I gotta say the capacity is way too high to be meant for that. It would be a terrible waste. But that's just my experience.

19 hours ago, justagirl4fun said:

Hmm. I just got the ABU Dino Rawrz (they are NOT a "boy" pattern, us girls like them too! ?) and I have had none of those problems with the three I have worn so far. I was very skeptical about the hook and loop feature, being a rather chunky little girl (technically slightly above the top of the size range), but despite being snug I have had no problems with the tapes tearing off even overnight and I toss and turn a lot. I've worn and used them for 12 hours and even the weight at full capacity hasn't caused any tearing, and I haven't put my finger through any. And in response to whoever said they are a "for play only" or "worn for a short time" diaper, I gotta say the capacity is way too high to be meant for that. It would be a terrible waste. But that's just my experience.

Well, that's good news then because I was considering adding a bag to a new order.

35 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Well, that's good news then because I was considering adding a bag to a new order.

Do it! They are the absolute cutest and I thought the quality was great. I kind of wish I'd gotten a half case of them, or at least 2 bags of those and maybe 2 bags of the PeekABUs and passed on the preschools and little pawz. (The little pawz are great, but for a diaper with an allover print the Dinos win hands down. Did I mention they're the cutest???)

When I saw this post, I got nervous because I did get a sample of both Dino Rawrs and Bunny Hopps to try out.

First impression:  Oh my god these are the cutest damn things and I want to wear them all the time.
Second impression:  Eek, they look small for a 'medium' sized product.  I've been wearing Bambino Belissimo, Molicare Slip, and Always Discreet lately, all of which either start at Medium or are advertised as a small/medium size.  Because of that, their mediums are clearly aimed towards the larger scale, and not the smaller scale.
Third impression:  I really like these.

I personally really like the fit.  I almost always have tapes crossing in front of me with awkward looseness in places I really don't want it to be, and Rawr's didn't do that for me.  The legs fit comfortably tight without stretching, and the waistband feels comfortably tight with enough pull in the back for anyone who likes diaper checks. I also feel like it's easier to wear under standard cut pants because it doesn't feel as high along the back-  It just peaks over the front and back of my sweats.
It's been a few hours and I haven't leaked yet (I also don't chug down water), and I do feel the standard ABU puffy padding.  They absorb well, no issues there.  I haven't experienced a tape problem nor an issue with the plastic.  It does feel thin, but it hasn't fallen apart one me.  I will also note that I often wear my thicker padding while at home playing video games or working on chainmail projects; Not with heavy movement.

21 hours ago, LittleAmytheil said:

When I saw this post, I got nervous because I did get a sample of both Dino Rawrs and Bunny Hopps to try out.

First impression:  Oh my god these are the cutest damn things and I want to wear them all the time.
Second impression:  Eek, they look small for a 'medium' sized product.  I've been wearing Bambino Belissimo, Molicare Slip, and Always Discreet lately, all of which either start at Medium or are advertised as a small/medium size.  Because of that, their mediums are clearly aimed towards the larger scale, and not the smaller scale.
Third impression:  I really like these.

I personally really like the fit.  I almost always have tapes crossing in front of me with awkward looseness in places I really don't want it to be, and Rawr's didn't do that for me.  The legs fit comfortably tight without stretching, and the waistband feels comfortably tight with enough pull in the back for anyone who likes diaper checks. I also feel like it's easier to wear under standard cut pants because it doesn't feel as high along the back-  It just peaks over the front and back of my sweats.
It's been a few hours and I haven't leaked yet (I also don't chug down water), and I do feel the standard ABU puffy padding.  They absorb well, no issues there.  I haven't experienced a tape problem nor an issue with the plastic.  It does feel thin, but it hasn't fallen apart one me.  I will also note that I often wear my thicker padding while at home playing video games or working on chainmail projects; Not with heavy movement.

Did you end up getting and trying the Bunny Hops as well?

I heard back from AB Universe almost immediately after this situation and they gave me a list of investigative tasks to accomplish.  I emailed them back with the information they requested and I constructively shared with them the differences between Tykbale Unicorn diapers and their Bunny Hops.  I did not hear back from them.  Oops!

6 hours ago, CuckoldedBabyGirl said:

Did you end up getting and trying the Bunny Hops as well?

I heard back from AB Universe almost immediately after this situation and they gave me a list of investigative tasks to accomplish.  I emailed them back with the information they requested and I constructively shared with them the differences between Tykbale Unicorn diapers and their Bunny Hops.  I did not hear back from them.  Oops!

I also have a sample of Hops, unfortunately I didn't have much time left in the day to try them.  I'd like to give them a long span of testing rather than the 2-hours before bed after working in the Supermarket industry all day (Please be nice to your supermarket workers/truckers, these are crazy times).  I will absolutely let you know what happens, as they look/feel identical to the Rawrs style.

It looks like you've found the solution to the crappy tapes/plastic.... Wear plastic pants over them!!   I usually wear plastic pants over my disposable diapers when I go out in public... Over the years, I've had several "Diaper Fails" of one kind or another... Tape fails,  pin-hole leaks in the plastic backing,  diaper fluff falling down my pant leg, etc.  The  only time I HAVEN'T worn plastic pants over my diaper recently was when I wore a Bambino Bianco UltraStretch Diaper to my colonoscopy. It was easy for the nurse to undo the velcro tape on the diaper and fold it down for the procedure,  but plastic pants would have gotten in the way. 

20 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

It looks like you've found the solution to the crappy tapes/plastic.... Wear plastic pants over them!!   I usually wear plastic pants over my disposable diapers when I go out in public... Over the years, I've had several "Diaper Fails" of one kind or another... Tape fails,  pin-hole leaks in the plastic backing,  diaper fluff falling down my pant leg, etc.  The  only time I HAVEN'T worn plastic pants over my diaper recently was when I wore a Bambino Bianco UltraStretch Diaper to my colonoscopy. It was easy for the nurse to undo the velcro tape on the diaper and fold it down for the procedure,  but plastic pants would have gotten in the way. 

I always wear plastic panties.  About the only time I am not in a pair is sometimes when I am traveling for business I will let my sissy parts are out by simply just wearing a diaper and basketball shorts.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I purchased the bunny hops earlier in the year and just finished them. I have been wearing tight plastic pants over them to ensure they don't fall open, yet they still rip. I want to go back to ABU lavender or maybe rearz princess if they are ever in stock from the Aussie distributors again. Bunny hops lasted so long for me as I also had ABU Barebums which ran out today.