LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Emily and Beth's New Family Chapter 15 06/8

I have started writing a new story. I hope to finish this one. I'm sure there are grammar and mistakes because I'm not a professional writer. Hope you enjoy. 

Emily stood still as her soon to be Step-Aunt and Step-Grandmother made sure her dress was just right. Emily hated the dress. Her dress was exactly the same as her soon to be step-sister. Now you would think 'whats the big deal'. Well, the big deal is, her soon to be step-sister is 8 years younger then Emily, not that you could tell if you seen the pair standing together today.  Emily had just turned thirteen two months ago and here she was wearing the very same thing her five year old, soon to be step-sister was wearing. Well, almost the very same thing. 

2 weeks ago......

Emily and her mother Beth stood in the baggage claim area of the local airport waiting for their two bags to come around. Beth held onto her daughters hand as they waited. Emily hated that her mother still insisted she hold her mother's hand when a large crowd of people were around them, but today was not the day for arguing. She knew her mother was stressed  and arguing about having to hold her hand would most likely not turn out good for her. 

Beth was wearing a pair of jeans and sweater. She had dressed for comfort today, not style. She had taken the two hour  flight from Winnipeg to Hamilton  many times in the past year to spend time with her soon to be husband and knew it was better to be dressed for comfort. 

Emily was small for her age but then again so was her mother.  The average height of a 13 year old girl is  5'4", Emily stood at only 4'7" and weighed just under 80lbs. She was a very cute girl, with long  blonde hair like her mothers. Emily probably had no chance at becoming very tall,  as Beth only stood at 5'3". Emily also had on a pair of blue jeans but she decided on a t-shirt instead of a sweater. 

Their bags finally made it  around and Beth keeping a hold of  Emily's hand, grabbed both bags. She pulled out the handles and placed Emily's beside her. Emily took a hold of the pink suitcase, with a picture of Cinderella on the front and back. Emily had not traveled for many years and this was the only suitcase she had. She tried to get her mother to buy another one but Beth told her it was fine. They had shipped all their other belongings a few days ago. 

The two made their way out of the baggage claim area and Beth looked around for her soon to be sister-in-law Kim. 

Kim stood watching for Beth and Emily. Kim had on a summer dress and looked very sharp. Her long, toned and tanned legs were very attractive. She spotted Beth and walked around a couple that were in front of her, holding her hand up. 

"Beth. Over here." Kim yelled out. 

Beth heard and spotted Kim. She pulled Emily towards her. 

Kim meet them and smiled. She reached out and hugged the much smaller women. "it's so good to see you again Beth.  Did you have a good flight?" 

Beth didn't let go of Emily's hand or her suitcase as Kim wrapped her arms around her. "Nice to see you. The flight was good." 

Kim let go of Beth and then looked down at Emily. "Ohhhh and this must be Emily." Kim bent down. "It's so nice to finally meet you sweetheart." Kim gave Emily a big hug, almost picking her up off the floor. 

"Emily this is Peter's sister Kim." Beth said. 

Emily waited for Kim to let her go before saying. "Hi." 

"My, you're way cuter in person then the pictures your mommy has shown me." Kim said, still bent down so she was looking into Emily's eyes. 

Emily wasn't keen on Kim calling her Mom, mommy but didn't give it too much more thought. "Uhmm..Thank you." 

Kim stood back up, straightening out her dress. " Are we all set then? No one needs to use the potty?" Beth said looking at Emily then Beth. 

Beth looked at Emily. Emily looked at her mom. They were both not sure who Kim was talking to. They looked back towards Kim and both said, "No." at the same time. 

Kim smiled. "Then I guess we're already then. I'm just parked out there." Kim pointing out the glass window. "Follow me." 

Beth and Emily had to walk pretty fast to keep up with the clicking heels of Kim. They all made it outside. The sun was shining bright and there was not a cloud in the sky. Kim slowed a little as she looked back and notice her two followers were a little behind. Kim stood before the road in front of the airport and waited. Kim got between the two and took ahold of both their hands.  

Both Emily and Beth looked up at Kim when she took their hands. When Kim started walking they had no choice but to start walking themselves. It didn't bother Emily to much about holding Kim's hand but Beth was very confused as to why Kim had taken her hand. 

They came up to the back of a big black SUV and Kim opened the back. She took Emily's suitcase and set it in. Then she took a hold of Beth's and placed it beside Emily's. Kim pushed a button and the back closed. She took Emily's hand and walked her to the door behind the drivers seat. "All set then. Up you go." 

Emily took a step back when she saw the car seat.  She was confused as to why there was a car seat .  "I will go around to the other side." 

Beth had already opened the passengers door and was just going to sit down when she heard Emily. She turned and looked in the back seat at the pink and purple car seat. 

"No honey this is your side. Sarah's car seat is on the other side." 

"But..I don't need a carseat, I'm 13." Emily whined. 

"I'm sorry sweetheart but that's the law here in Ontario. Any child under 4'9" have to be in a carseat." Kim stated. 

Beth quickly got back out of the truck and made her way around to the other side. She could see Emily was upset. "Kim. I don't think a carseat is necessary for Emily. She hasn't rode in a car seat for a very long time." 

"I'm sorry hon. I thought you knew about this." Kim said placing her hand on Beth's shoulder. "Did Peter not mention it to you?"

"Mention what?." 

Kim pulled out her phone from her purse and typed. She picked up her phone to show Beth and then quickly pulled it back up.  "Here is what the law states.'Car seats are required for children under 80lbs and stand less than 4'9".  Kim left out the last part as to Peter's instructions.  'and who are under the age of eight'. "So as you can see, that's why Peter bought the seat for Emily." 

Beth was a little taken back and wasn't sure what to say. "Peter never said anything to me about this." 

Kim placed her phone back into her purse. "Are you sure, because I remember him asking you about Emily's size just a few weeks ago." 

Beth thought back. She does remember Peter asking her about Emily but she doesn't remember him mentioning anything about a car seat. "Well, I do remember him asking about Emily. But..." 

Kim stopped Beth from continuing. "Anyways. We need to get going. You have a busy day and I still need to pick up Sarah. Come on Emily. Up in your seat." 

Emily couldn't believe what was happening. She heard Kim state the law but she couldn't believe it. She took another little step back. Before she got too far,  Kim grabbed her hand. 

"Come on honey. I'm sure the seat is comfortable and I know it's safe." Kim pulled Emily forward. "Can you jump up  or do you need a lift?"

Emily just stood there not wanting to get into a car seat. "But I'm 13. I don't need to sit in that." 

Kim's patience was running low. She took control by taking Emily from under her arms and lifting into the truck. She turned her and then quickly lifted the girl into the car seat. 

"No. Please. I don't need to ride in this." Emily yelled. 

Before Emily could even try and got out,  Kim pulled  her arms through the harness and then pressed each side into the strap between Emily's legs. In just a few seconds the 3-point harness was pulled tight, trapping Emily in. 

Emily kick her legs and in doing so, her feet hit the back of the drivers seat, leaving a little dirt from her shoes.  

"Now Emily, please behave." With out warning, Kim pulled Emily's sneakers off both her feet and sat them on the floor. Kim shut the door. 

Beth looked up at Kim. "I'm not sure about this. Is it really necessary? She is 13 years old?"

Kim leaned down. "I'm sorry Beth but I'm not getting a ticket because Emily isn't in a car seat. Do you want to pay $250, maybe more?" 

"Well no but...." 

"Well then. She is going to have to get use to it until she grows a little. Now come on. We have lots to do." Kim took Beth's hand and lead her around the other side of the truck. She opened her door. "Buckle up." 

Beth didn't have anymore to argue and when  Kim took a hold of her hand again. She just followed her around and slowly got into the passengers side. 

Emily kicked her feet once again, hitting the back of Kim's seat just as Kim was backing out of the parking spot. 

Kim stopped the truck and looked in the rear view mirror. "Emily please don't kick my seat again." 

Emily threw her head back into the car seat and closed her eyes. She so wanted to kick the seat again and again and again. 

Kim waited for a few  seconds and then began to pull out of the parking spot. She looked over at Beth once she was out of the parking lot. "It's a good thing you're not any shorter." 

Beth turned her head. "Pardon?" 

Kim smiled. "I was just thinking. Peter likes to have things equal and  if you were any shorter he  might have had to buy two car seats." 

Beth didn't know what to say but Kim started laughing so Beth joined her. "Very funny." 

"I thought so." Kim replied. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Great start, can't wait to find out what happens next

If I may just point out one small thing

4 hours ago, Babydry said:

They came up to the back of a big black SUV and Kim opened the back. 

I think calling the thing that Kim opens just the 'back' is a little confusing, I wasn't sure if you meant the trunk or the rear-seats.

Chapter 2.

Kim made her out  to the highway. "So the plan is for me to drop you off at the house and then I'm going to pick up Sarah. She is there with my mother. Peter thought it would be a good idea if I take Sarah and Emily home with me so that you guys can get stuff figured out for the wedding." 

"Oh.  i didn't know what Peter had planned." They did have a lot to go over and it might be better if they had some time alone. 

"I will keep the kids for the weekend and then Monday I will take them for their dress fitting. That way you guys can get the house straightened around. Peter said there was still some work he needed to do. All your stuff arrived Wednesday. Oh and  don't worry Mom is there, so you won't be there alone." 

"Are you sure? You don't mind having Emily stay with you?" Beth never paid much attention to the last part of what Kim said. 

"No not at all. I keep Sarah a the time. If gives Mom a break.   We will have lots of fun." Kim looked in the rear view mirror. Emily still had her eyes closed. "Isn't that right Emily?" 

Emily had not been listening. She was so upset about what she was sitting in, she could care less what her mom and Kim were talking about. This was the first and last time she would be sitting in this seat, no matter what. She opened her eyes and could see Kim looking at her in the mirror. "Pardon?" 

"I said, we will have lots of fun this weekend." 

Emily looked at her mother and back towards Kim. "Sure. I guess. Just as long as I don't have to sit in this stupid thing again." 

Kim smiled. "Well, unless you grow in the next few days, you will be sitting in there. So you might as well get use to it."  

Emily just about kick the seat again but stopped her foot just in time. "This is stupid!" 

"Now honey, take it easy. I'm sure it's not that bad. You look very comfortable. I thought you were going to fall asleep." Beth interjected trying to calm her daughter down. 

"I'm not comfortable and I'm not siting in this again." 

Beth turned back around and the conversion stopped. 

It was only about a 20 minute drive to Peter's house. Kim pulled  into the driveway.  It was the first time Emily had seen the house other than some  pictures her mom had shown her.

Kim wasn't going to let Emily out of the car seat so there was not any argument about getting back into it. They were going to be leaving shortly anyway. 

Kim and Beth got out of the truck. Kim opened Emily's door. "I will be back out with Sarah in a few minutes. Okay?" and shut the door. Not giving Emily a chance to talk. 

Emily was now alone in the truck. She kicked the seat once again and smiled. "Take that." she said out loud. Emily looked out the window at her new home. It was a  nice looking house. Coming from a small apartment anything would be better.  It was a 2 story all red brick home. The yard was full of flower beds and it had a couple big trees out front. Emily turned away from the house and down at the straps around her. She had thoughts of getting out of the seat when she heard some noise. 

She looked up, saw her Mom, Kim and her soon to be step-sister coming towards the truck. She had only met  Sarah once and that was a month ago. Her and Peter came for a visit. She kind of like the idea of having a younger sister and Sarah seemed like a good kid for the short time she had spend with her. 

Beth opened Emily's door. "So you're  going to spend the weekend with Kim and Sarah." 

"I'm not staying with you?" Emily asked. 

"No honey. Peter and I have a lot to do and Kim has offered to take you and Sarah for the weekend. So please be good." 

"Mom please. Can't I just stay with you? I don't want to have to sit in this stupid seat any longer.  I haven't even seen the inside of the house or my bedroom." Emily  said, trying anything not to have to sit in the car seat any longer. 

"Everything is not ready yet. Don't worry, it will all be here on Monday." Beth leaned  in and gave Emily a kiss on her cheek. "Be good and I will see about getting you out of the car seat." 

Once her mom shut her door, Emily kick the back of the seat again. It was bad enough she had to sit  in a car seat, now she had to spend the weekend away from her mother and with people she hardly knew. What a start this was. 

Emily turned as the door across from her opened. She watched has Sarah climbed into her car seat which looked exactly the same has the one she was sitting in. 'Great. She was sitting in the same seat as her 5 year old step-sister. How is that even possible.' 

"Hi Emily. I'm so glad you are going to be living with me." Sarah said, 

"Hi Sarah. Me too." Emily replied, not sounding very believable.

Emily watched has Sarah feed her arms through the harness, something Emily had not done herself. A few seconds later Kim reached in and buckled her up. 

"Already girls?" 

"Yes, Aunty Kim." Sarah screamed out. 

"No need to shout Sarah." 

"I'm sorry Aunty-Kim." 

"That's okay sweetheart." 

Emily turned her head quickly as she heard her door open once again. 

"Hello Emily.  It's so nice to finally meet you." Jane, Peter and Kim's mother stood looking down at Emily.  

"Hello." Emily squeaked out not really sure who she was. 

"I'm Sarah's Nana. I'm so glad you are finally here. I will stop around and see you later. You girls have fun." 

Emily didn't say anything has Sarah's Nana closed the door before she could get another word out. 

Kim got into the drivers seat. "Okay girls how about some lunch. Where would you like to go?" 

"McDonald's. McDonald's." Sarah screamed out. 

"That sounds like a good spot." Kim looked back at Emily." Are you okay with McDonald's honey?" 

Emily wasn't a big fan of McDonalds, but the way Sarah reacted she figured she really wanted to go. " It''s okay. Can I ride up front with you now?" 

Kim shook her head. "Honey, that is not going to happen." 

"It's not just okay. It's the best place ever. They have a play space and everything." Sarah said. 

Emily looked over at her and half smiled. "If you say so." 

It only took five minutes and they were pulling into McDonalds parking lot. Kim stopped at Emily's door and opened it. She recached in and unbuckled her harness. "Let's get your shoes on first." 

"I can get them." 

"That's okay honey." Kim picked up Emily's right shoe and put it on, then the left. Kim took Emily's hand and helped her get out of the truck. Kim didn't let go of Emily's hand as they walked around and  opened Sarah's door. Emily watched as Sarah had already gotten  out of her car seat and jumped down onto the ground. She felt silly that Sarah didn't need help but Kim had helped her.  Kim closed the door and took Sarah by the hand. The three of them, Kim in the middle and Sarah and Emily  on each side of her, walked into McDonalds. 

• Like 5
19 hours ago, Eagle0769 said:

Don't understand about this step sister, step aunt or step grandmother introduction??? No one should be a step. Can you please explain. 

A step is what you call family members gained through your parents re-marrying different people who you don’t have any biological relationship to.

In this story, Emily’s biological dad isn’t mentioned but I think it’s safe to assume Beth is no longer married to him either through his death or there divorce.

Emily’s mom Beth is marrying Peter; Peter didn’t have any part in Emily’s conception but through marriage to Emily’s mother will become Emily’s Step-Dad.

His sister Kim will be Emily’s step-aunt and Peter’s mother will be Emily’s step-Grandma and Peter’s daughter who was presumably conceived before Beth and Peter met will be Emily’s step-sister.

Chapter 3

Kim didn't go to the counter, instead she found a table. She let go of both girls hands. "Okay Sarah. You know the rules." 

Sarah slid into the bench seat. "Yes Aunty Kim." 

Emily just stood beside the table thinking she would be going up to counter to order. 

"Emily you sit on this side please." Kim said, pointing to the other bench seat. 

"Don't I need to order?" 

Kim placed her hand on Emily's back and guided her towards the bench seat. "I will get the order. You sit here with Sarah." 

"But I'm not sure what I want." 

Kim gently pushed Emily into the bench seat. "I will get the order. Now please, sit on your bum." 

Emily slowly sat down on the edge. This was crazy. She can order her own food. "What are you getting me?" 

"The same as Sarah okay. Sarah can you explain the rules too Emily please. I will be back shortly." And like that, Kim was walking away. 

Sarah learned into the table. "So, we are not to move until Aunty Kim gets back with our food. We can't asked to play until we finished all our food." 

Emily had no interest in the play space. She was 13 for goodness sake. She wasn't even sure what she was getting for lunch and that didn't make her very happy. Emily didn't say anything back to Sarah. Emily turned to see if she could see what Kim was ordering but she couldn't.  She placed her feet on the floor and moved closer to the middle of the table. "What do you get?" 

"Uhmm. The kids meal. Hamburger and fries." 

"Really? Well isn't this great." 

Sarah tuned and watch some other kids playing in the play space. She was bouncing up and down, very excited to get into the play area. 

Kim returned with the food. Emily was hoping for something other then a kids meal. Kim placed the tray down and sat beside Emily. 

"Okay girls. Here we are." Kim said, as she took the two happy meal boxes and placed one in front of Emily and the other in front of  Sarah. 

Emily looked down at the box then at  Kim. "You know I'm 13 right? I'm a little old for a kid's meal." 

Kim pushed the tray away from her and picked up a salad that she had ordered. The 3 drinks were still on the tray. "Yes honey. I know you're 13. So how about you show Sarah and I what a big girl you are and eat your food with out complaining." 

Emily was stunned. What could she  say to that? She looked back down at the box. "It would have been nice to order what I wanted." 

Kim opened up her salad container before facing Emily. "And what would you have ordered honey?" She said in a syrupy voice. 

Emily had to think for a second. "Well, I would have ordered a hamburger and maybe some chicken nuggets. I don't know, I didn't get a chance to look." 

Kim set her fork down and recached over, opening the box in front of Emily. She pulled out the burger and opened up the wrapper. Then she pulled out the fries and dumped them on the hamburger wrapper. "I got you a burger. If you eat all of that and some fries, maybe I  will get you some nuggets. Okay." Kim said, as though she was talking to someone much younger then Emily. 

Why didn't Emily say anything other than a hamburger. Dumb. Emily took a fry and placed it in her mouth. 

"Good girl." Kim said, patting Emily's leg. 

Emily wanted to scream. She looked over at Sarah who was already half way through her burger. It was like she hadn't ate in a week. 

Kim pointed over at Sarah. "Look. Sarah is eating like a big girl. Aren't you Sarah." 

Sarah had burger in her mouth so she knew better than to talk, so she just nodded her head up and down. 

"That's right. Such a big girl. Come on Emily show me you can eat like a big girl too." 

Emily lowered her head and took another fry. This was so dumb. She was being treated like a little kid and she needed it to stop. She decided to eat the burger and not say another word. Maybe not for the rest of the day. 

Kim placed Sarah's drink in front of her but didn't give Emily hers. Emily watched Sarah take the cup and drink. Emily looked over at the other one still on the tray. 'Should she ask for it?' Emily waited a few more minutes and thought she might be able to stand and take the drink herself. 
She took another bite of her burger and then started to reach out to get her drink. 

'Slap' Kim slapped Emily's hand lightly. "Ta-ta. No." Kim said. 

Emily pulled her hand back quickly. Did she just say, 'Ta-ta'?.

"When you finish your burger you can have your drink." Kim said, shaking her head. 

Emily rubbed the back of her hand even though it didn't hurt. "But I'm thirsty." 

Kim shook her head and picked up Emily's drink. "My goodness. For someone who claims to be 13, you sure are whinny. One little drink and then finish your burger." 

Emily went to take the drink but Kim pulled it back. "No. Take a drink and then you can have it back once you are finished. I don't need you filling up on pop and not finishing your food." 

Emily wanted to knock the drink right out of her hands and tell her she is not a baby and she wasn't whining,  but instead she leaned forward and sucked some pop up through the straw. 

Kim pulled the drink away and set it back on the tray. "What do you say?" 

Emily wasn't sure what she was asking. "Uhm. What?" 

"It's pardon first of all and how about, thank you." 

Emily looked away. "Thank you." 

"You're welcome. Now hurry up and finish. Sarah is going to beat you to the play space." 

"I'm not going to the stupid play space." Emily said,  just has she finishing taking a bite of her burger.

Kim shook her head again and looked over at Sarah. "Sarah can you tell Emily what we don't do when our mouths are full." 

Sarah pulled the straw out of her mouth and swallowed. "We don't talk." 

"That's right." Kim turned and looked at Emily. 

Emily could see Kim looking at her but didn't turn her head. She took another bite of her burger. 

"I'm all done Aunty Kim. Can I go play now." Sarah said. 

"Did you clean your hands?" 

"Yes." 

"Are you sure you don't want to wait for Emily? She's almost done." 

Sarah looked over at Emily to see how much she had left to eat. There wasn't much. Not really wanting to wait but she thought that would be a nice thing to do. "Uhmm. I guess I can wait." 

"Thank you Sarah. Come on Emily, Sarah is going to wait for you." 

Emily looked over at Sarah. "You can go. I don't want to." 

Sarah started to slide out of her seat. 

"Hold on Sarah." Kim said. "Emily is almost finished. She would be more than happy to go play with you. It's that right Emily?" Kim turned and gave Emily a little smile. 

Emily felt her looking. 

Kim placed her hand on Emily's leg. "Isn't that right Emily." Kim squeezed her leg just a little. 

Emily took her last fry. "Sure. What ever." Emily wanted to get away from Kim anyways. She had had enough of her already and it had only been an hour. 

"Thank you Emily." Kim opened her purse and pulled out a package of baby wipes. She popped the top and pulled one out. "Here, you have some ketchup on your face." She handed the wipe to Emily. 

Emily looked at the wipe. 'Sarah didn't need a wipe to clean up. Why does she?' Emily grabbed a napkin and quickly wiped her face. "I'm fine thank you." 

As soon as Emily placed the napkin back on the table, Kim placed her hand on the back of Emily's head and began to wipe the girls face with the baby wipe. "There is still some there." 

Emily tried to move her head but couldn't. "Hey. Stop that." she shouted. All Emily could smell was the scent of the baby wipe. It smelt bad.

Kim didn't stop with Emily's face. She took Emily's left hand and wipe it as well. "Other hand please." 

"Stop it. It smells bad." 

Kim recached over and grabbed Emily's other hand, pulling it over. She wiped it. "There. All clean. Now go play and have some fun." Kim said as she got up from the table so that Emily could get out. 

Emily used her hand to try and remove the smell of the baby wipe from the face. She looked up at Kim standing waiting for her to move. Emily slid over and slowly stood up. Sarah had already taken off for the play space. She had waited long enough. Just has Emily was about to walk towards the play area she felt her arm being taken. She looked back at Kim. 

"Do you need to use the potty before you go play?" Kim asked. 

Emily pulled her arm away from Kim's hand. "No. And for your information it's called a bathroom." Emily quickly turned and ran towards the play area. She did  have to go, but there was no way she was telling Kim that after she had called it a 'Potty'. for the second time today. 

• Like 11

I am a little confused. Why is she being treated (as a default) as someone who is much younger than she actually is? Is it some kind of power-trip by Kim (whom I am assuming is much older than Emily)? Or is it a secret pact made by her guardians to regress her involuntarily? I am liking the story thus far, I am just a little lost; with regards to the motivation. 

35 minutes ago, Shotgun Diplomat said:

I am a little confused. Why is she being treated (as a default) as someone who is much younger than she actually is? Is it some kind of power-trip by Kim (whom I am assuming is much older than Emily)? Or is it a secret pact made by her guardians to regress her involuntarily? I am liking the story thus far, I am just a little lost; with regards to the motivation. 

Kim has some ulterior motives that haven't been shared yet.   I'm wondering how complicit Emily's mother is in all of this.   There is a line where Beth tried to come to Emily's defense in the car- over the car seat thing, but is rebuffed.  However- she had Emily stay with the psycho aunt.  No way in hell would I allow Kim to be the temporary guardian over my daughter, but that's what made this story so compelling.

Thanks for the whole character description.  I was having a really hard time keep track of the characters and what their roles were in all of this, and that helped

7 hours ago, Nicole Kolibri said:

I will help a little bit ... Okay?
Sit in a corner far away from your PC, and now looking on what internet side you are ...

Now you listen here. 

There is no reason to take a condescending tone regarding my comment. I am fully aware that the suspension of belief is a key component to these stories. I asked the question, because suspending said belief is a hard thing to do when the stories are purported to take place in the actual world. Or a version of it. The mustache twirling one dimensional evil or manipulative character is a fine trope to trot out. I was just hoping to prompt the author, and allow them the chance to write an internal monologue for "Kim". Giving all of us as readers a glimpse into her motivation, and therefore a better understanding of the character entire. 

• Like 1

Personally, I am hoping that she doesn't. I agree with Shotgun Diplomat that a story set in what purports to be the real world needs to adhere to some real world parameters, and one of them is that an adult or child long out of diapers is not going to wet herself randomly just because she put off going to the bathroom unless a whole lot of time goes by. That is a trope that only happens in diaper fetish stories and usually signals a lack of imagination on the part of the author. Which brings me to Kim.

SD is absolutely correct: this woman is acting like a lunatic. Even for an aunt in a diaper story, she is being so unreasonable as to make it necessary to question her sanity (and Beth's, for leaving Emily with her). No one is unaware that there is a world of difference between children at five and thirteen years old. All you need to do is open your eyes or, I don't know, engage your brain for a few seconds, and you know that. Thus, Kim is intentionally treating Emily as a small child for her own nefarious reasons, and in all honesty I can't think of any reason other than wanting to regress her that would suffice. And there is no real world person who sets out to regress someone, especially for no particular reason.

Nicole will likely say that this is a diaper story, so such tropes are expected. But the best diaper stories find plausible ways of making things happen instead of artificially imposing them on characters. Of course, this does presuppose that Babydry is trying to write a good diaper story. If all they want is something to be read one-handed, then I take everything back.

• Like 1

@Nicole Kolibri

11 minutes ago, Nicole Kolibri said:

And you already want the resolution?

Not at all, I want clarity.

12 minutes ago, Nicole Kolibri said:

”Some people, can you look into their eyes, and you know immediately: the light is on, but nobody is at home. "

I agree, look in a mirror, also:

12 minutes ago, Nicole Kolibri said:

You are lacking any maturity

Really? This is a conversation, now best held on PM's. If you wish to continue this line of discussion, I encourage you to message me. Please be advised, that in doing, you will remove any restraint from me, and I will open a bottle of vitriol so caustic, you will not be pleased with the outcome. 

@kerry

Thank-you. This is exactly the point I was shooting for. You, having a grasp of what I intended to say is heartening to me.  

9 minutes ago, Nicole Kolibri said:

“You challenge me to an intellectual duel even though you are unarmed??
How stupid is that ...?

OK
My mistake, I had no idea that you are not at home either !!!

Little Boy, here it ends for you too.

Unless you continue this as a PM I consider this discussion closed. Ending on the note of an attack on my intellectual prowess. 

@Babydry You have my apologies for somewhat hijacking your thread with my conversation with Nicole Kolibri. I hope that you continue this story in whatever vein you so choose. 

4 hours ago, kerry said:

Personally, I am hoping that she doesn't. I agree with Shotgun Diplomat that a story set in what purports to be the real world needs to adhere to some real world parameters, and one of them is that an adult or child long out of diapers is not going to wet herself randomly just because she put off going to the bathroom unless a whole lot of time goes by. That is a trope that only happens in diaper fetish stories and usually signals a lack of imagination on the part of the author. Which brings me to Kim.

SD is absolutely correct: this woman is acting like a lunatic. Even for an aunt in a diaper story, she is being so unreasonable as to make it necessary to question her sanity (and Beth's, for leaving Emily with her). No one is unaware that there is a world of difference between children at five and thirteen years old. All you need to do is open your eyes or, I don't know, engage your brain for a few seconds, and you know that. Thus, Kim is intentionally treating Emily as a small child for her own nefarious reasons, and in all honesty I can't think of any reason other than wanting to regress her that would suffice. And there is no real world person who sets out to regress someone, especially for no particular reason.

Emily's character is the most developed so far, and based on what what we know- she isn't going to go through the regression willingly.   There isn't indication that she has any issues with continence, and given how hard she is trying to be respectful, and yet trying to extend her independence in an effort to repel Kim.  Even if Emily had any issues with continence, she would not willingly allow herself to have an accident

Suspension of belief is necessary even if the very best of literature, but it still has to be believable in the context of the story.   The suspension of belief that is acceptable within the context of the story is Beth leaving Emily in the hands of her psycho-aunt, because Kim is so passive aggressive.  Beth may be more absorbed in her upcoming wedding, and not even realize that Kim is infantalizing her 13-year-old daughter.    It's also written from Emily's perspective, so she may be making Kim seem more monstrous than she really is. 

BTW- should anybody object to the adjectives describing Kim as psycho and monstrous, that's coming from my understanding of Emily's character, and how she perceives her step-aunt.   However, I think several of incidents indicate Kim definitely has power issues.

3 hours ago, Nicole Kolibri said:

You are lacking any maturity, I will not go to your level.

Um...huh? This was completely uncalled for.

1 hour ago, spark said:

Emily's character is the most developed so far, and based on what what we know- she isn't going to go through the regression willingly.   There isn't indication that she has any issues with continence, and given how hard she is trying to be respectful, and yet trying to extend her independence in an effort to repel Kim.  Even if Emily had any issues with continence, she would not willingly allow herself to have an accident

Suspension of belief is necessary even if the very best of literature, but it still has to be believable in the context of the story.   The suspension of belief that is acceptable within the context of the story is Beth leaving Emily in the hands of her psycho-aunt, because Kim is so passive aggressive.  Beth may be more absorbed in her upcoming wedding, and not even realize that Kim is infantalizing her 13-year-old daughter.    It's also written from Emily's perspective, so she may be making Kim seem more monstrous than she really is. 

BTW- should anybody object to the adjectives describing Kim as psycho and monstrous, that's coming from my understanding of Emily's character, and how she perceives her step-aunt.   However, I think several of incidents indicate Kim definitely has power issues.

This, however, is a thoughtful response to my own thoughtful response. I totally agree about suspension of disbelief: we need to grant the author their premise, but they have the duty to make the story work cohesively and allow us to do that. About POV, though: I haven't noticed anything that would suggest that Emily is an unreliable narrator; did I miss something?

1 hour ago, kerry said:

This, however, is a thoughtful response to my own thoughtful response. I totally agree about suspension of disbelief: we need to grant the author their premise, but they have the duty to make the story work cohesively and allow us to do that. About POV, though: I haven't noticed anything that would suggest that Emily is an unreliable narrator; did I miss something?

I haven't read anything that says Emily's POV is unreliable either.   In fact, it's hard to imagine the car seat, or McDonald's incident to be innocent acts of a naive care giver.   It hard to paint this as anything other than an intentional infantalization of Emily, which is likely the whole point of the story.    However, if this was written from Kim's POV, it could be painted in a more sympathetic way.

Interestingly I researched (Ok- Googled) infantalization in effort to support my responses.  I discovered that it's a method of narcissistic parents to control those around them, which makes complete sense.   They get what they need by infantizing those around them, and forcing them into dependent roles

I hope Babydry does keep the character consistent, and doesn't try to force something.  Which is huge compliment, because most ABDL doesn't get enough of my attention to even warrant a thought about the characters.  I care about Emily's character development in this story.

Breaking Bad (not ABDL related) is an example of a story arc where there ultimately ended up being a great amount of suspension of belief in the story.  There were some things that we just had to say- ok, that the truth in this story.  Not the least of which was the chemistry in the show, which was not at all accurate to real life.  However- the show was at it's zenith when it was the least believable.   What made it work is that it was consistent, and the way the characters and plot progressed made them plausible within the context of the story.   If you watch the first episodes again, you see foreshadowing of Walter White developing as the king pin (which is not at all believable in real life).

FTR- my ulterior motive to doing this is change the dynamic of the dialog from juvenile bickering to one of more thoughtful and mature conversation (about diapers?) with the ultimate hope that we encourage Babydry to keep up with this project and ultimate bring us a conclusion.

• Babydry changed the title to Emily and Beth's New Family Chapter 15 06/8