LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

diapers as coping vehicle for social anxiety

spark

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here.  Zack Grienke is a future HOF pitcher who would be described in normal circles as an introvert.   I've followed baseball for a while, and didn't ever realize the Zack Grienke was even introverted.   He just doesn't talk much, so despite following baseball- i don't know much about Zack Grienke.  

I learned today that Zack Grienke has had bouts with depression and anxiety (something I can relate to).  https://sports.yahoo.com/yankees-fans-zack-greinke-social-anxiety-032417563.html   

I bring this up because I certainly don't qualify as introverted, and definitely don't think I qualify as social anxiety disorder.  However,  I rely on diapers to function in a social environment.  For me to be in public- I go through so much emotional energy.  Diapers tend to ground me     If you know me in real life, I'm almost an extrovert  The number of people who would even understand my anxiety issues (maybe 7 people), and as far as I know- none of those seven realize I wear diapers as coping mechanism.  My question is: do I suffer from social anxiety, or have I figured out a coping mechanism to deal with social anxiety.

I relate a lot to this topic.

I have long had social anxiety and a sometimes crippling fear of going anywhere when I don't know what the bathroom facilities are like, for me the fear is needing to go number two more than number one. If I think I might need the toilet and I didn't know there were ample toilets available I would avoid it. From big crowds to small groups. Even a party at a friend's house would become a mountain of anxiety related to the facilities. This all came about after some very bad experiences where I came close to pooping myself and one instance where I did end up messing my underwear in a big way whilst with a friend.

Nappies help me SO MUCH with this. I still feel a little anxious and on the look out but now I know that if I end up pooping myself it will all be contained and will give me an opportunity to get to a place where I can change (I always take spares and cleaning supplies.)

I've worn to football matches, music festivals, on long journeys... These are things I don't think I could do without the security of nappies. It seems like this is a great benefit to being ABDL :)

This is an interesting thread. I'm sort of a closet introvert - my job and my everyday social dealings would suggest I'm an extrovert, but it does draw a lot of mental energy to function that way, and my preference given my druthers is to be in a small group of people I know well, even though I can navigate large groups of people, because I frequently have to. 

As for diapers, whereas as a kid growing up, they were a source of a lot of anxiety, now, they have exactly the opposite effect. Having one on grounds me and gives my mood a lift, acting almost like that first couple of beers one has at a party, which grease the wheels a bit but don't diminish one's faculties. Do I have an undiagnosed  anxiety disorder that I am treating by wearing diapers? Possibly. I guess having a baby's underpants on 24/7 is indicative of some sort of disorder? But would it be better to take medication? I'm not convinced. 

I'm introvert, bordering on social anxiety and sometimes tipping over

Diapers helps a lot with anxiety and since I always wear outside I no longer have that big problem with social anxiety 

I also never get stressed anymore, since I usually got stressed cause I had the urge to pee

I guess I'm the odd man out here.  When I'm stressed or upset by something I don't want to wear diapers.  I guess I just think of my diaper wearing times as something really fun that I enjoy and I can't be in a fun mood to enjoy diapers if I'm upset and stressed out about something.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:26 AM, rusty pins said:

I guess I'm the odd man out here.  When I'm stressed or upset by something I don't want to wear diapers.  I guess I just think of my diaper wearing times as something really fun that I enjoy and I can't be in a fun mood to enjoy diapers if I'm upset and stressed out about something.

Nope. I feel that way, too. When I'm worried or under a lot of stress, wearing diapers doesn't do anything for me. I enjoy them most when I'm relaxed and worry-free.

I relate a lot to this topic.
I have long had social anxiety and a sometimes crippling fear of going anywhere when I don't know what the bathroom facilities are like, for me the fear is needing to go number two more than number one. If I think I might need the toilet and I didn't know there were ample toilets available I would avoid it. From big crowds to small groups. Even a party at a friend's house would become a mountain of anxiety related to the facilities. This all came about after some very bad experiences where I came close to pooping myself and one instance where I did end up messing my underwear in a big way whilst with a friend.
Nappies help me SO MUCH with this. I still feel a little anxious and on the look out but now I know that if I end up pooping myself it will all be contained and will give me an opportunity to get to a place where I can change (I always take spares and cleaning supplies.)
I've worn to football matches, music festivals, on long journeys... These are things I don't think I could do without the security of nappies. It seems like this is a great benefit to being ABDL [emoji4]
Go to Coloplast website or Google and download wheelmate ,it will use your devices GPS to locate everything it knows about the nearest public bathroom to you , you can make favorites list, update the database with new bathrooms or info on cleanliness services etc , see the bathrooms highly rated by others etc... Sure it was designed to help people in wheelchairs find accessible bathrooms easier ,but its grown ,and works all over the world ,don't let the name scare you .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

...how on earth would this even work?

This seems more like one of those, "I want a convenient excuse to wear diapers so I'm going to pretend to have a mental problem I obviously don't have."

I mean... really... REALLY?!

If you're already self-conscious to the point of being unable to function around others publicly... yeah, wearing a giant, obtrusive, crinkling, smelly shit wrapper is not, in any functional capacity, going to make you feel LESS stressed out or anxious and, by all measure of rational sanity would actually INCREASE social anxiety... to the point where that's actually one of the main stigmas around adult diapers and why so many people who are incontinent specifically AVOID social situations... because THEY MAKE THEM WORSE.

*epic face palm*

Nice fantasy though... by which I mean cringe.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:06 AM, BabyJune said:

Nope. I feel that way, too. When I'm worried or under a lot of stress, wearing diapers doesn't do anything for me. I enjoy them most when I'm relaxed and worry-free.

Ditto. Diapers is just another form of recreation for me.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Demon_God said:

This seems more like one of those, "I want a convenient excuse to wear diapers so I'm going to pretend to have a mental problem I obviously don't have."

If you're already self-conscious to the point of being unable to function around others publicly... yeah, wearing a giant, obtrusive, crinkling, smelly shit wrapper is not, in any functional capacity, going to make you feel LESS stressed out or anxious and, by all measure of rational sanity would actually INCREASE social anxiety... to the point where that's actually one of the main stigmas around adult diapers and why so many people who are incontinent specifically AVOID social situations... because THEY MAKE THEM WORSE.

*epic face palm*

You sound like an example of somebody posting something out of context, and saying something on the internet that you would never say in public.  No offense, but it's exactly the opposite of what we should be doing in this environment, because your post comes across almost as an attack to me (the OP), and the other posters who have shared similar feelings.  If that was your intention, why?  If not, please reconsider how you respond, and think of it as something that you would say if we were together in person.

As to the content of the question: How does it work?   It works because nobody cares if I'm wearing a diaper.  AFIK, nobody knows that I have one on, so I have no reason to be self conscious about it.   I'm not concerned that somebody would see my diaper, so it doesn't make me more anxious.

There is also a lot of negative connotation about diapers in general by calling them a giant, obtrusive, crinkling, smelly shit wrapper is not, in any functional capacity,    Think about it, if I had a problem with diapers, would I even be posting on this board.  That padding feels good to me, so I wear diapers.

I'm not sure how you can determine that I'm 'pretending to have a mental problem'?     I'm missing where you list your psychology credentials, and I don't believe you've examined me as a psychologist.  There is about a 99.9% that you have no qualifications to determine if I'm faking something just to wear diapers.   Which is something that no mental health professional would ever say.  They would likely recommend that I do exactly what I'm doing- just wear diapers, and deal with the minimal side effects.

For me, the diapers serve as sort of a security blanket.  For me it's not about getting to a bathroom, because I can make it to the toilet if I need to.  However, I feel more comfortable in highly social environments when I have a diaper on.  

For some, diaper time is more about recreation, or mainly as pleasure.   However I wear diapers so often there isn't much recreational about wearing a diaper.   At this point, wearing a diaper doesn't offer much of a thrill, nor is anything special about it.    If I'm in public without a diaper, I feel like I'm missing something

I'm not quite sure I understand the 'excuse to wear diapers' thing.  I'm a 50 year old man who supports himself financially, and has nobody financially dependent on me.  Who exactly do I need permission from to wear a diaper?

9 hours ago, Demon_God said:

*epic face palm*

Are you OK, my dude?

You seem a little angry.

I can really relate to this, wearing gives me confidence in that I don't need to be near a loo, I wear 24/7 so never have to worry if I'm on say a train station with no facilities or waiting for a bus, or finding a loo in public when I need to go, I can just pee my pants instead,,,

9 minutes ago, carsfan said:

For an activity that’s ostensibly supposed to be fun, this dude has been on a bit of mission of  late to post angry, negative, rambling posts.

I agree, hope he's ok but he does seem upset about something, even though for those of us whose wearing is necessary, best to make it a fun activity, personally I feel I have no choice but to wear, so might as well enjoy doing so!,,,

1 hour ago, Pete671 said:

I can really relate to this, wearing gives me confidence in that I don't need to be near a loo, I wear 24/7 so never have to worry if I'm on say a train station with no facilities or waiting for a bus, or finding a loo in public when I need to go, I can just pee my pants instead

I always wear on a plane.    I get my window see, pop on the IFE and zone out.   For me, it mostly about concerning myself with using the bathroom.   Planes are so tight, and it's always a hassle to use the bathroom.

There is something strange that happens when the bathroom is restricted.  I hate having to make people stand up so I can use the bathroom, and then a few minutes later I've got to go again.   Ironically, if I'm in a diaper, I won't feel that strong urge, because I know I have an 'out'.   That might be part of the reason that I just feel more comfortable wearing a diaper.

My best friend (we're a bit like Turk and JD from Scrubs) also has some social comfort issues as well.    His coping mechanism is marijuana.   He doesn't smoke it to get high, but he just vapes mostly to relax.   I don't know if the THC is necessary, but I suspect it is.   However, I know that he is fine as long as he has his pot.   I've seen in situations where it's not easily accessible- and it's not pretty.  Especially because I'm the one who is providing him the support.   And I wear diapers in sort of the same way.   I've worn diapers around him more times than I can remember, and I'm probably in a diaper or pull up more often than not when I'm with him.    As of yet- zero comments.   I don't think he knows.     Ironically- he takes the gallon of water per day literally, and is constantly having to pee when we are out.  I don't?

I'm mildly interested in the contrasts of posters who do use diapers as a bit of coping mechanisms vs. those who find it more recreational/relaxing.  AFAIK, Rusty Pins and Baby June don't wear publicly, and they both have legitimate reasons for their choice.   So for them- a public diaper is still a heightened sense, which is the exact opposite of relaxing.   I no longer have that heighten sense of anxiety when I'm diaper- and it's now the opposite effect.  I know when I'm not diapered in public.   

I will concur with Baby June, because diapers don't do much for me when I'm upset.   I'm upset about an adult problem, which is usually something beyond my control (IE- stupid emails from clients).   Putting on a Crinklz diaper isn't going to fix that email.   Diapers are more preventative, because diapers make me less anxious.   And because I'm less anxious, I'm less likely to get angry over stupid stuff I can't control.

• 2 weeks later...
*epic face palm*

The fact that you vehemently disagree with this means there is some truth to it. Be civil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk