LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

how were your parents

oldwetter66

My Dad was always disgusted by my constant bedwetting. My Mother dished out the punishments which lasted until I was about 10 or 11 and then they just gave up and left me to it. After that it was just accepted I wet the bed and probably always would.

• Like 1

Dad didn’t seem to care, mom was just the opposite.  As time passed she became more and more frustrated with my bed-wetting.  When I was still young, perhaps four, she stopped changing my bed during the night making me lay in it till morning.  On top of that she scolded and even spanked.  And yet a part of me enjoyed the whole thing … hard to figure.

• Like 1

When I was 7 my older sister Penny reached puberty and soon after reverted to bedwetting. My folks were sympathetic; Mom and Granny simply taught Penny how to pin on her gauze diapers. The summer I turned 12 I reached puberty and quickly reverted to bedwetting. Penny taught me how to pin on my gauze diapers. Again our folks and extended family were supportive. Mom, Granny and Mom's youngest sister Aunt Betsy all were urinary incontinent. That runs in our family.

7 minutes ago, Angela Bauer said:

When I was 7 my older sister Penny reached puberty and soon after reverted to bedwetting. My folks were sympathetic; Mom and Granny simply taught Penny how to pin on her gauze diapers. The summer I turned 12 I reached puberty and quickly reverted to bedwetting. Penny taught me how to pin on my gauze diapers. Again our folks and extended family were supportive. Mom, Granny and Mom's youngest sister Aunt Betsy all were urinary incontinent. That runs in our family.

Angela, Do you know why this happened at puberty?

6 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

Angela, Do you know why this happened at puberty?

I reverted to bedwetting in 1976, when only men were urologists. Women only were slowly admitted to urology residencies since 1992. Since then there have been huge advances in understanding and treating urinary incontinence in women. My family has a generations long history of bladder troubles in women. These days our doctors accept that as a factor. They have tried many ways of treating me, yet I still have no bladder control.

I wet the bed as a kid until i was almost 6 years old.  As far as I know, I'm the only bedwetter.  Every night I was diapered for bed in cloth diapers and Gerber plastic pants.  I really didn't mind it too much at home except for being worried my mom would stick me with the diaper pins.  When traveling on vacation I didn't like having to wear diapers because I didn't want my relatives and cousins to find out.  Kids my age didn't wear diapers anymore and I didn't want people to know.  It never entered my young mind that when staying at their house for a few nights my mom had most likely told them ahead of time I wet the bed and wear diapers at night.  After all, back then it was cloth diapers that had to be washed and dried, no disposables.

My parents never treated me different or embarrassed me for bedwetting.  In the early 1960's it was fairly common although not openly talked about like it is these days with Goodnites and Underjams.  Toddler size Gerber plastic pants easily fit older kids and even in the late 1960's I remember seeing at K-mart "Super Size" plastic pants hanging on the pegboard with all the other plastic pants and they looked like they would fit the average adult very easy.  It was a lot more common to have your 5 and 6 year old in night diapers if they wet their bed back in the early 1960's.  Most kids eventually grew out of diapers at night by 7 or 8 years old.  Not all, but most.  The closest my mom came to punishing me was when I wet my pants once on the way home from school about first grade.  I was out of night diapers then but they were still stored in a box in the bedroom.  Fortunately on the walk home there were no other kids when I started wetting my pants uncontrollably.  My mom was mad and even threatened to send me to school the next day in diapers, but she never did.  Hey, accidents happen.  Bedwetting happens.  That was the attitude my parents took.  I wet the bed, nothing was going to change that until I grew out of it.  No yelling, humiliation, threats or anything.  Just diapers until I outgrew it, no big deal.

My Mom didn't like doing the extra laundry but she seemed to reach the point where she believed me when I said I couldn't help it. Which I couldn't. Dad was a career military control freak and manipulator who didn't believe me. Nor would he allow me any form of protection. I was punished mentally, physically, given encouragement to stop- in short anything which might change the outcome but none of it worked. I was taken to the best Doctors and Shrinks the Military had and they could find nothing to cause this. In retrospect I believe much of it was because I slept so deeply. I was still bedwetting nearly every night into my mid-teens when it slowly started tapering off and became nearly dry (except when drunk) in my early to mid 20's. The worst for me was my siblings, who taunted me at home (that wasn't allowed in public because Dad was ashamed of my pants and bed wetting) without mercy. Most of my peers knew and rarely wanted anything to do with me. Even my closest friends (of which there were few) made fun of me at times. None of them realized that this would have a very negative life-long affect on my social assimilation. In short, they destroyed my chances for a normal life. I know they didn't intend that but it happened regardless and it's been very hard to forgive them but I have.  

Back then there were only cloth diapers in larger sizes- no disposables- and "incontinence pants" with a changeable liner. Dad wasn't going to have a kid in diapers so I never got anything to help. After he died Mom and us were too poor to have anything so I just had to deal with it. Everyone close to me knew about it- you can't hide something like this at that level- though it was rarely spoken of. It's a much better world for the kids now, with well-advertised products and medical understanding far advanced from then, and a far more general understanding that there is no specific age or point where everyone is dry; it happens when it happens. Kids do still have to deal with peer pressure (I have a grand-nephew who needed protection till he was about 9) and were it not for him having excellent parents he would have probably suffered nearly as badly as I did. He's becoming a fine young man now and I'm happy that he got the chances to be that way which I never did.

Bettypooh

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My motherr (single mom) was rather Over Protective. I can remember her being Frustrated by my constant wetting and messing but she was never abusive and always supportive. My Aunt, on the other hand, thought my incontinence was a personal affront to her dignity. The abuse was severe but Mother never let her sister baby sit after she found out how I was being treated.

You never really recover from an abusive childhood no matter how brief the time. My experience has shown that We, as a Cultural Group, need to change the way we teach our chrildren to use a toilet rather than their diapers. The First Thing we need to think about is the Idea that Adults can Train a child to do anything! All of us can Remember our experiences. We remember how we taught our kids an all of us Despaired that they would never Learn.    Hmmmm

As i was  bed wetting as a very young  girl my mother  was very understandable whether it happend  during the day   or during the night  thankfully . Nights as i was laying in my bed al wet  and crying  she just  comfort me and got me in new  underwear and  changed the bed  put me to bed again.     

47 minutes ago, oldwetter66 said:

No kid wets the bed on purpose.I don't think they would it is not fun wetting the bed as A kid

Well spoken. Old Wetter I know i dident do it voluntary thats for shore (day or night  i should ad  ) 

How parents would  even think that they do /did and then punish  for it is beyound my wildest  imaginations. (gasp )          

2 hours ago, oldwetter66 said:

No kid wets the bed on purpose.I don't think they would it is not fun wetting the bed as A kid

Don’t be so sure about that.  Growing up I occasionally did it on purpose and fairly frequently after I stopped wetting in my sleep.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WBxx said:

Don’t be so sure about that.  Growing up I occasionally did it on purpose and fairly frequently after I stopped wetting in my sleep.

I often wet deliberately during my teens.

3 hours ago, oldwetter66 said:

I did many many times.

11 hours ago, oldwetter66 said:

Did you get teased as A kid for wetting?

My sister, eight years my senior, playfully teased me. When I was very young she helped me hide and even encouraged wetting.

• 4 years later...

When I was growing up bedwetting was seen as a habit that needed to be broken not a medical problem. Doctors just gave the usual response "Don't worry he will grow out of it in his own time"

I certainly wasn't the only kid in our street that wet the bed and the mother's mafia knew just who the culprits were. 

I used to get told when one kid was dry at night now and I still wasn't 

My folks gave up trying to get me dry at night in the end. 

On 11/12/2018 at 2:55 AM, oldwetter66 said:

Did you get teased as A kid for wetting?

I did but it never bothered me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, WBxx said:

Dad didn’t seem to care, mom was just the opposite.  As time passed she became more and more frustrated with my bed-wetting.  When I was still young, perhaps four, she stopped changing my bed during the night making me lay in it till morning.  On top of that she scolded and even spanked.  And yet a part of me enjoyed the whole thing … hard to figure.

If or should I say when I wet the bed I was always expected to stay in it until morning. Then My face would be rubbed in my wet sheet. 

I was lucky, my parents were really good about my bedwetting - they did not yell at me or punish me. They did try bedwetting charts and waking me up to go pee at midnight, and restricting fluids, but never any kind of negative reinforcement. I was an accomplished and inveterate bedwetter until about age ten and a half.

I wore diapers to bed (this was the pre pull-up era), and also had a plastic sheet at first, and then at some point later, they got one of the nicer mattress protectors that were made out of PUL or something like that, less plasticky and loud. I had the usual anxieties that others of you have mentioned about having to wear diapers in the car if there was any chance I might fall asleep, and around my cousins and relatives when we travelled, or when they came to stay with us. Neither my younger brother or my older sister had issues in that department after about three years old, which made me feel like a bit of an outlier. Once in a while if we were having a disagreement, they might take a potshot at me about the box of Pampers in my closet, but, for the most part, the person making me feel the worst about it was myself. I hated needing to wear diapers, while I simultaneously enjoyed wearing them, which was a somewhat dissonant place to exist. I also knew that I had to keep the fact that I liked wearing them a secret, although back then, I had no idea what a DL was - I thought I was the only kid in the world who thought like I did. I wanted to grow up and be a big boy, but, I also wanted to wear diapers sometimes. Eventually, I outgrew the bedwetting, and once my parents stopped putting me in diapers, my continuing desire for them crystalized, and I started making my own out of towels and pillowcases and such. 

• Like 1

I was yelled at, but I only wet the bed once when I was a kid. I was eight. I didn't DARE wet the bed on purpose, if I had my mom would have put the fear of God in me.😬😨😰😣 You did NOT want her angry at you!😤😡

My dad found out that I was researching AbDl stuff online because I was stupid and didn't understand internet history. He spent my entire teenage life treating me really badly because of it all. He also made sure to inform friends, girlfriends, and family friends - so by the time I was grown, I was thoroughly ostracized and thought of as the "weird guy." It's something that was used to hurt me, once he found out about it, and he never let up. 

• Sad 2