LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshorecare MegaMax

On 5/4/2020 at 7:47 PM, quarktheory said:

Just a note,I still have half a case of the original large white mega max.

thought I would use them for comparison when all this is over.

Somehow I've managed to keep some of every batch I've ordered, right from the first generation, which had the darker logo printed.

When I get my hands on some of the 2020 batch, if people would like to see a comparison video of them all I'll post one, however, as I'm a bit shy and privacy conscious, I'll have a friend from the US do the voice-over (plus, Australian accents are difficult to understand anyway).

Id just like to ask @NorthShoreAdam a favor if he could confirm the batch before I place an order, as shipping them to Australia costs me substantially more than the diapers themselves.

5 hours ago, Idzy said:

Somehow I've managed to keep some of every batch I've ordered, right from the first generation, which had the darker logo printed.

When I get my hands on some of the 2020 batch, if people would like to see a comparison video of them all I'll post one, however, as I'm a bit shy and privacy conscious, I'll have a friend from the US do the voice-over (plus, Australian accents are difficult to understand anyway).

Id just like to ask @NorthShoreAdam a favor if he could confirm the batch before I place an order, as shipping them to Australia costs me substantially more than the diapers themselves.

Please message me privately and I will assist. We're shipping the new 2020 version in about half of the items already.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

Please message me privately and I will assist. We're shipping the new 2020 version in about half of the items already.

Hello NorthShoreAdam

I just got my sample pack of the new 2020 all white version. You guys did an excellent job and replicating the originals! These are just like the previous versions in every way. It's very rare that a company takes the time to get a manufacture to reverse a product to bring back an exact replica of a previous version, but you guys did, and you did it well! They are great! You guys even nailed it with the bulky feeling in the lower center of the diaper, just like the previous diapers. These are identical. Again, great job guys! I'm sure you'll be selling a lot of these again.

I better order some more before they're all gone. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I will say I just ordered a new bag of Megamaxes and received the original style and absolutely love them.  Wore one out in a few hours, only due to a half a dozen beers and a few proceeding 20 ounce glasses of water.  They are awesome and as good as the originals. I followed that up with the imitator or interim design and the non original feel completely different from the original.  Please Adam keep the originals. If anything extend the blue part more towards the rear for more capacity or maybe add even more SAP.  However I would also be more than happy if you just stayed with the originals like you have now got.   Thanks again.

On 7/12/2020 at 5:42 PM, diapereddave said:

I will say I just ordered a new bag of Megamaxes and received the original style and absolutely love them.  Wore one out in a few hours, only due to a half a dozen beers and a few proceeding 20 ounce glasses of water.  They are awesome and as good as the originals. I followed that up with the imitator or interim design and the non original feel completely different from the original.  Please Adam keep the originals. If anything extend the blue part more towards the rear for more capacity or maybe add even more SAP.  However I would also be more than happy if you just stayed with the originals like you have now got.   Thanks again.

We did actually add 10% more SAP in the new 2020  version as compared to the originals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only problem that I’ve noticed with the new and improved megamaxes are the tapes. Where the tapes meet the back sheet are slightly weaker than in 2018 and since I tend to adjust my tapes after a couple wettings (I make them slightly tighter) it stretches the wings-to-tapes area and makes them tear off the wing from time to time. I’m not sure if making that area with thicker plastic would solve the problem, but other than that I love these diapers for all they’re worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, Joep said:

The only problem that I’ve noticed with the new and improved megamaxes are the tapes. Where the tapes meet the back sheet are slightly weaker than in 2018 and since I tend to adjust my tapes after a couple wettings (I make them slightly tighter) it stretches the wings-to-tapes area and makes them tear off the wing from time to time. I’m not sure if making that area with thicker plastic would solve the problem, but other than that I love these diapers for all they’re worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same materials were used, but always can be variances in how they are assembled or glue intensity. We'll keep reviewing all these items and work with the factory on more consistency. Thx!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi im testing right now some megamax samples, normally i wear abena L4 the megamax is very good but the cost is very high, the abena cost me $1.55 per diaper and the megamax cost me $2.65 per diaper both are calculated including taxes and shipping cost, i will like to continue wearing megamax but my pocket will be hurt alot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 5:05 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

@NorthShoreAdam

I like the Megamax, and the pink is a great shade of pink, but the blue is a yucky really dark blue.?

Any chance of getting a Baby Blue to match the Baby Pink?

Thanks for the suggestion...can't promise anything yet on baby blue. Next will be solid black and also a fun, colorful print for all ages. We are working on a diaper cover in baby blue which should be available early next year.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

Thanks for the suggestion...can't promise anything yet on baby blue. Next will be solid black and also a fun, colorful print for all ages. We are working on a diaper cover in baby blue which should be available early next year.

While I would also like a baby blue one in the future, I see a lot of value with the darker blue.  I've used them when I've worn in public, and that dark blue color makes it very hard to tell on a quick glance that it's a diaper.  This is great for those who may have the occasional waist peek.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 7:58 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

Adam....I hope the diaper cover will be vinyl.

Received the 2020 edition.

When wet, it feels the same... here comes the but.

But dry, it's not the same at all. The original, and 2019 versions were great with a fluff out.

The 2020 version doesn't need a fluff out, but is more rigid. It just doesn't feel as fluffy when dry.

How much that matters, depends on your use of them. For some, it's going to be a huge letdown.

The diaper is more flexible, but when fluffed, is thinner and firmer.

This is basically what I had hoped the Supreme would become. I understand a lot of people didn't do the proper fluff out, and Northshore probably was satiating that problem. But over time it may send me back to BetterDry in the long run. Those who want fluff when dry, will notice immediately.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, AbriForm said:

Received the 2020 edition.

When wet, it feels the same... here comes the but.

But dry, it's not the same at all. The original, and 2019 versions were great with a fluff out.

The 2020 version doesn't need a fluff out, but is more rigid. It just doesn't feel as fluffy when dry.

How much that matters, depends on your use of them. For some, it's going to be a huge letdown.

The diaper is more flexible, but when fluffed, is thinner and firmer.

This is basically what I had hoped the Supreme would become. I understand a lot of people didn't do the proper fluff out, and Northshore probably was satiating that problem. But over time it may send me back to BetterDry in the long run. Those who want fluff when dry, will notice immediately.

2021 version of MM will have some more changes including a few improvements to the leak guards and tapes and softer core, plus two more colors. The new XS MegaMax already has the improved tapes and softer core.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:56 PM, NorthShoreAdam said:

2021 version of MM will have some more changes including a few improvements to the leak guards and tapes and softer core, plus two more colors. The new XS MegaMax already has the improved tapes and softer core.

@ValentinesStuff@AbriForm

@NorthShoreAdam is correct:  If you have any 2020 MM diapers left in your stocks, they can be VERY hard in the middle, because the process to make the core compresses it somewhat.  What happened is, that they used a  process to compress the core down, and add the imprinted zone   Since they compressed it TOO much, now you feel like you've got a piece of HARD CARDBOARD between your legs, and the feel of the outer shell is not as soft, and feels strange.  Adam can't go backwards, so he has to move forward with the new design and he has.........the 2021's are WAAAAY better than the 2020's, and the do bulk when you wet:  They kind of feel like the 2018/19 version when WET, which means they can HOLD almost anything. 

I think that they have made a HECK of a lot of progress with all the changes:  all for the better.  I don't like to get political, but TRUMP put tariffs on ANYTHING from China a while ago, and this caused diapers to increase in PRICE because of China's not playing fair with us.  Since Northshore has their plant now, they don't have to have product made overseas, which probably means a SAVINGS for us, because they can make them in the USA, and we DESPERATELY need manufacturers who can do this - We are LUCKY to have guys like Adam - He UNDERSTANDS what people WANT, and need, and has an idea on how to make it happen.  I THANK him and his people for that....He is a GODSEND!

Now, as far as the older 2020 diapers that feel like you are wearing a piece of cardboard between your legs, here i what i did:

I still have 2020 diapers in my stash, and because I get 540 (every 6 months I get an authorization for 540) of them each time a Prior Authorization is approved and renewed, I found that if you get the Northshore Booster Pads, Size Large (I use a medium diaper) and you add the boosters in the "core" zone, (I use 2 for this) you can soften the core, because the booster is soft, REALLY SOOOOOFT!

Take one, stick it INSIDE the leak guard channels, and then take another, and stick it right over that:  THEN put it on, and I can almost BET that you wont FEEL the bottom core anymore - Because I had recently gotten the order when these 2020's came out, I realized that the BOOSTERS could deal with the lack of soft core.  @NorthShoreAdam communicated with me, worked with me, and we came to an agreement:  He sent me enough boosters to take care of that WHOLE supply of 2020's and that was ALL 540 of them!  Yes I said ALL of them, and NOW, because I know they work, I will use all of those, and get more of the 2021's, and I will have BOOSTERS now, because they make me feel more secure, because I asked the doctor to add them to any further diaper orders.

It's been 2 months, and I love the new 2021's:  cant wait to see what they do next :)

Brian

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@ValentinesStuff@AbriForm

@NorthShoreAdam is correct:  If you have any 2020 MM diapers left in your stocks, they can be VERY hard in the middle, because the process to make the core compresses it somewhat.  What happened is, that they used a  process to compress the core down, and add the imprinted zone   Since they compressed it TOO much, now you feel like you've got a piece of HARD CARDBOARD between your legs, and the feel of the outer shell is not as soft, and feels strange.  Adam can't go backwards, so he has to move forward with the new design and he has.........the 2021's are WAAAAY better than the 2020's, and the do bulk when you wet:  They kind of feel like the 2018/19 version when WET, which means they can HOLD almost anything. 

I think that they have made a HECK of a lot of progress with all the changes:  all for the better.  I don't like to get political, but TRUMP put tariffs on ANYTHING from China a while ago, and this caused diapers to increase in PRICE because of China's not playing fair with us.  Since Northshore has their plant now, they don't have to have product made overseas, which probably means a SAVINGS for us, because they can make them in the USA, and we DESPERATELY need manufacturers who can do this - We are LUCKY to have guys like Adam - He UNDERSTANDS what people WANT, and need, and has an idea on how to make it happen.  I THANK him and his people for that....He is a GODSEND!

Now, as far as the older 2020 diapers that feel like you are wearing a piece of cardboard between your legs, here i what i did:

I still have 2020 diapers in my stash, and because I get 540 (every 6 months I get an authorization for 540) of them each time a Prior Authorization is approved and renewed, I found that if you get the Northshore Booster Pads, Size Large (I use a medium diaper) and you add the boosters in the "core" zone, (I use 2 for this) you can soften the core, because the booster is soft, REALLY SOOOOOFT!

Take one, stick it INSIDE the leak guard channels, and then take another, and stick it right over that:  THEN put it on, and I can almost BET that you wont FEEL the bottom core anymore - Because I had recently gotten the order when these 2020's came out, I realized that the BOOSTERS could deal with the lack of soft core.  @NorthShoreAdam communicated with me, worked with me, and we came to an agreement:  He sent me enough boosters to take care of that WHOLE supply of 2020's and that was ALL 540 of them!  Yes I said ALL of them, and NOW, because I know they work, I will use all of those, and get more of the 2021's, and I will have BOOSTERS now, because they make me feel more secure, because I asked the doctor to add them to any further diaper orders.

It's been 2 months, and I love the new 2021's:  cant wait to see what they do next :)

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the kind feedback. Just one correction...We have not yet found a factory that can make MegaMax in USA. It's a goal to have our own production factory in USA but price tag is about $100 million so we are a ways away unfortunately. We did hire our own team in china to supervise quality control and production to avoid the quality issues of the past as best we can. But, MegaMax still is made in China right now and still subject to tariffs and also outrageous shipping prices. Covid has caused major challenges for all shipping companies to keep up with added ecommerce and PPE and prices of shipping from China has doubled in the last year on top of the tariffs we still are required to pay USA government at customs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1