LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshorecare MegaMax

@DL232

when I am at home, I use the mega max with no protection over the top. I’m usually sitting in my recliner on top of a washable incontinence pad from NORTHSHORE. When I am home I don’t need to put on the GARY wear protection, because I am sitting on top of the padding from the incontinence pad. Normally what will happen with me is that I will make sure that when I put my diaper on, that my “assets“ are pointing down, and not straight up.  Most of the time when I bring my legs up, and I actually use the diaper, anything coming out goes to the bottom of the diaper rather than going out the leak guards or the leg holes. I am wondering if you are a “fluffing the diaper” up before you put it on, because the first thing you want to do is to make sure that you were fluffing it up folding it in half like A banana and then making sure to flatten it from the back of the diaper all the way across the fold all the way to the front and fold the whole thing in half. Once you do that then you release the diaper and you grab the front and the back of the diaper and lightly pull in opposite directions. This will activate the leak guards, and once these are activated they should provide you a little bit more security in your diaper. If you’re not really flushing out the diaper and making sure that your leak guards are up and ready, then you may be allowing liquid to escape and go through the leg holes.

It may sound silly, but it does work if you set up the diaper properly before putting it on. Are used to think “what the heck am I doing that for it’s kind of silly” and then after a while I realized that this is exactly what you were supposed to do. When you get a brand new diaper it is probably pressed right down because it is machine made and it is compressed. When you get a new diaper, you have to fluff it up in order for it to work too it’s fullest extent. I would try to see if fluffing out your diaper will increase the ability of your diaper to be able to absorb without having it run out the leg holes.

good luck!

Brian

• Like 1

Only problem with these is the tapes are so sticky they rip the plastic when removed

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Arendeth said:

Only problem with these is the tapes are so sticky they rip the plastic when removed

You missed the landing zone.  I've never had a MegaMax diaper rip from refastening  the tapes.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Spanky said:

You missed the landing zone.  I've never had a MegaMax diaper rip from refastening  the tapes.

Had the same issue. The diaper did not rip, but getting the tapes off the landing zones was harder than heck. Thought it was just me. I like the "two level" tapes where one stays on the diaper and one tape comes off. The NS Supremes have those style tapes. I have a hard time distinguishing the capacities of the Megamax and the Supremes.

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

Had the same issue. The diaper did not rip, but getting the tapes off the landing zones was harder than heck. Thought it was just me. I like the "two level" tapes where one stays on the diaper and one tape comes off. The NS Supremes have those style tapes. I have a hard time distinguishing the capacities of the Megamax and the Supremes.

Those tapes do hold very well.   Even after several hours,  they can be retaped and still hold very strong. 

On 12/9/2021 at 11:15 AM, Spanky said:

@Spanky

neither have I. I have had the diaper end up losing its stickiness on the tapes before. This is because I am trying to put either oil or cream on myself when doing a diaper change. Very rarely will one of these diapers rip, but if you do not place it on the landing zone are you miss it, you will have to throw the diaper away because the diaper will not be able to be used if you missed the landing zone, because the plastic will rip or the diaper tape will not stick.

Brian

On 12/9/2021 at 10:15 AM, Spanky said:

I have had a few do this, and it is the actual landing zone plastic that tore and pulled the underlying plastic apart. The failure rate is way under 1%, probably under 0.2% 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 3:09 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@DL232

when I am at home, I use the mega max with no protection over the top. I’m usually sitting in my recliner on top of a washable incontinence pad from NORTHSHORE. When I am home I don’t need to put on the GARY wear protection, because I am sitting on top of the padding from the incontinence pad. Normally what will happen with me is that I will make sure that when I put my diaper on, that my “assets“ are pointing down, and not straight up.  Most of the time when I bring my legs up, and I actually use the diaper, anything coming out goes to the bottom of the diaper rather than going out the leak guards or the leg holes. I am wondering if you are a “fluffing the diaper” up before you put it on, because the first thing you want to do is to make sure that you were fluffing it up folding it in half like A banana and then making sure to flatten it from the back of the diaper all the way across the fold all the way to the front and fold the whole thing in half. Once you do that then you release the diaper and you grab the front and the back of the diaper and lightly pull in opposite directions. This will activate the leak guards, and once these are activated they should provide you a little bit more security in your diaper. If you’re not really flushing out the diaper and making sure that your leak guards are up and ready, then you may be allowing liquid to escape and go through the leg holes.

It may sound silly, but it does work if you set up the diaper properly before putting it on. Are used to think “what the heck am I doing that for it’s kind of silly” and then after a while I realized that this is exactly what you were supposed to do. When you get a brand new diaper it is probably pressed right down because it is machine made and it is compressed. When you get a new diaper, you have to fluff it up in order for it to work too it’s fullest extent. I would try to see if fluffing out your diaper will increase the ability of your diaper to be able to absorb without having it run out the leg holes.

good luck!

Brian

Regarding "fluffing the diaper I agree with Brian. They are way more comfortable that way as opposed to putting one on right out of the package. I always make sure my diaper has a curved shape while at rest before putting it on. The picture should make it easier to understand what I mean. For those who are wondering this is an extra large Dry 24/7.

IMG_0364.thumb.jpg.d51b30d032cd55d11a9024c75a70de13.jpg

• Like 2
On 12/11/2021 at 6:17 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

I have had a few do this, and it is the actual landing zone plastic that tore and pulled the underlying plastic apart. The failure rate is way under 1%, probably under 0.2% 

I've had the odd one do this as well. The tapes seem to be so sticky that they can actually rip the landing zone apart when you try to remove them. I just make a quick repair with clear packing tape or white duct tape that I keep handy for such purposes. However, as @ValentinesStuff said, this does not happen very often. I probably wear Megamax's more than any other diaper, at least during the day, and I rip one maybe two or three times a year. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say the Mega Max is the best diaper ever - in my opinion.  Currently I'm using the X large but can fit into the Large as well though its a bit snug.  These are the reasons I like them:

1. They are very soft and comfortable

2. Never had a leak and I've worn one for over 15 hours without a leak and I stay hydrated.

3. The tapes are second to none. I've never experienced a tape fail. They are the only diaper I can wear to bed (which is when I actually need them) without anything worn over them, and I don't have to worry about the tapes coming undone.

Comfy, super absorbent, and durable, what more can you want from a diaper.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Cons:

1. Even the leak limit of 48 ounces is about three pounds of liquid which is enough to either pull the diaper over one's hips or to stretch and sag uncomfortably. Add a NS stuffer, and the problem is compounded exponentially.  I've no idea what the fix for that might be, but it is an issue. Of course, this could be a pro for those who wear for the excitement of possible discovery.
  2. The absorbent material is not anchored.  As it absorbs, it bunches up and even begins to shift downwards, a condition that quickly becomes uncomfortable. Adding a booster can help, but then the excess weight issue becomes a problem.
  3. I sweat in them. The plastic outer material is a smart decision, but they tend to stick to my behind.
  4. Although price is in line with other comparable adult diapers, that doesn't mean it is fair; I think it is excessive for all of them. Maybe because I cannot afford them as a regular-use absorbent product, but there it is. If I could, I would, but I can't so I don't.

Pros:

1. They fit true to size. 
  2. Tapes are properly placed for good fit and the adhesive is excellent.
  3. The plastic outer layer is a good decision because it blocks more odor than the "cloth-like" styles.
  4. They hold a lot! Although this is a pro, con #1. drags usefulness down to the just-OK level.
  5. The aren't very noisy. This might be a con for those who want the excitement of knowing someone might hear it, but for me it is a good thing.
  6. The stand up leak guards cannot be beat! They work as advertised and that is very important.

All in all, Northshore Megamax is an excellent adult's diaper. Not perfect, but definitely recommended if you can afford them

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with @~Brian~ Megamax are the best.  I also agree that fluffing the diaper makes for a better fit.

I thank @NorthShoreAdam for Megamax Diapers.  Not thrilled with supremes but Megamax are my go to Diapers.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, NorthShoreAdam said:

FYI--Small and Medium Black MegaMax are now in stock a thttps://www.northshorecare.com/adult-diapers/adult-diapers-with-tabs/northshore-megamax-tab-style-briefs

Large Black and S, M and L Tie-Dye are due to arrive in next couple weeks.

XL Pink, Black and Tie-Dye are being made in China now and shoudl arrive around April or so.

Note: New Black and Tie-Dye are the first MegaMax to have the new softer core and taller leak guards.

@NorthShoreAdam how about Purple And green for Megamax?

• Like 1